Loyola Greyhounds 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
houndace1

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2023

Post by houndace1 »

Exlaxbro wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:51 am There are a lot of injuries already? That is not good. Speaks to the off season workouts?
I realized I need to clarify parts of my own post.

There are times where kids come in injured from senior year of HS, I believe that happened with Tyler Conklin so he got a redshirt.

There are a couple of vets this year who are injured yes, but it is not from practice in fall ball but rather from playing through the injury last year. People like vandenheuval and McNulty and bailey and Cam Wyers with his knee, even Joey kamish with his knee not being fully healed.

Some of these guys are not getting a ton of reps DUE to the injury and I think the staff is doing this to make them close to 100% healed for the start of 2023. So as of right now they need to find guys that can play for the scrimmage this Friday as well as the upcoming fall ball games against villanova and Syracuse.

As I’m thinking about the schedule, I really do believe that this 2023 slate could be even more difficult than last year. Every single game is not easy by any means with Maryland being defending champs and reloading, hopkins getting the talent and coaching they need, towson is an absolute bear with the recruiting class they brought in.

Duke and Georgetown are heavy hitters while most if not all the patriot league schools this year will be difficult.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

houndace1 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:14 pm
Exlaxbro wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:51 am There are a lot of injuries already? That is not good. Speaks to the off season workouts?
I realized I need to clarify parts of my own post.

There are times where kids come in injured from senior year of HS, I believe that happened with Tyler Conklin so he got a redshirt.

There are a couple of vets this year who are injured yes, but it is not from practice in fall ball but rather from playing through the injury last year. People like vandenheuval and McNulty and bailey and Cam Wyers with his knee, even Joey kamish with his knee not being fully healed.

Some of these guys are not getting a ton of reps DUE to the injury and I think the staff is doing this to make them close to 100% healed for the start of 2023. So as of right now they need to find guys that can play for the scrimmage this Friday as well as the upcoming fall ball games against villanova and Syracuse.

As I’m thinking about the schedule, I really do believe that this 2023 slate could be even more difficult than last year. Every single game is not easy by any means with Maryland being defending champs and reloading, hopkins getting the talent and coaching they need, towson is an absolute bear with the recruiting class they brought in.

Duke and Georgetown are heavy hitters while most if not all the patriot league schools this year will be difficult.
if all of the patriot league schools (and towson's freshmen) are difficult, then it could be rocky.
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

It has been almost 5 months since the season ended. None of these guys had significant injuries (ie ACL or tears). I have heard Loyola is indifferent about the weight room but maybe they need to get with the times. There is no reason these guys should be missing valuable time with the schedule they have coming for them.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Exlaxbro wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:03 pm It has been almost 5 months since the season ended. None of these guys had significant injuries (ie ACL or tears). I have heard Loyola is indifferent about the weight room but maybe they need to get with the times. There is no reason these guys should be missing valuable time with the schedule they have coming for them.
But I have to assume you did hear or know about Kamish’s injury right? The kid had to have his knee drained multiple times throughout last year thanks to it getting absolutely folded during the 2021 army game. He even tried to play through rehab?? This is no easy thing to recover from.

Wyers tore his MCL, and tried valiantly to play the entire season with that injured. He’s now resting to try and be fully healthy for 2023.

Some of these injuries have been pretty hard but they play through for their team. Lindley played through a back injury in 2021 with semi limited movement. Evan james was injured throughout 2021 and parts of 2022. But now he should be fully good to go.

Injuries take time no matter how much we want guys to get reps and contribute.

Some of these injuries from either late HS or in college are so severe that they HAVE to miss playing and practice time to recover.

I don’t know where you heard about them being indifferent but I assure you through social media posts that the strength coaches are having them go through tons of circuits specifically designed for the team and their plyometrics and their kinesiology
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

Every athlete gets injured at some point. Did Wyers have surgery? Kamish has been injury prone his entire career. David does a nice job posting on social media but I know first hand that Toomey is not a big weight room guy. If Loyola was truly committed to it then they wouldn’t farm it out to an outside contractor. Lucky Manning is there but the workouts are only as good as the effort put into them. The game has changed and just being able to run all day is a thing of the past.
Laxmaninamillion

Post by Laxmaninamillion »

Heard second line middies are in a group of five or six right now. One graduate senior, one senior, one junior, one sophomore and one or two freshmen. Bateman, Houston, Binney, McGory and Murphy/West/Brown.

Friday will tell some. Cuse and Nova will be the real test. Seems like the young guys are getting a real look.
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

No sign of Conklin, Dixon or Sullivan? I thought those 3 might compete for the second line.
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

houndace1 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:18 pm
Exlaxbro wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:03 pm It has been almost 5 months since the season ended. None of these guys had significant injuries (ie ACL or tears). I have heard Loyola is indifferent about the weight room but maybe they need to get with the times. There is no reason these guys should be missing valuable time with the schedule they have coming for them.
But I have to assume you did hear or know about Kamish’s injury right? The kid had to have his knee drained multiple times throughout last year thanks to it getting absolutely folded during the 2021 army game. He even tried to play through rehab?? This is no easy thing to recover from.

Wyers tore his MCL, and tried valiantly to play the entire season with that injured. He’s now resting to try and be fully healthy for 2023.

Some of these injuries have been pretty hard but they play through for their team. Lindley played through a back injury in 2021 with semi limited movement. Evan james was injured throughout 2021 and parts of 2022. But now he should be fully good to go.

Injuries take time no matter how much we want guys to get reps and contribute.

Some of these injuries from either late HS or in college are so severe that they HAVE to miss playing and practice time to recover.

I don’t know where you heard about them being indifferent but I assure you through social media posts that the strength coaches are having them go through tons of circuits specifically designed for the team and their plyometrics and their kinesiology
WOTS - Kamish is currently healthy and a full practice participant this fall…just clarifying he’s not one of the players sitting out fall.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:11 am
laxbro11 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:11 am Sorry to burst your bubble Kram, but I did not play for Vanarsdale, Toomey, Yes, I give my pros and cons base on what I see. I have no ax to grind I just give my perceptions and opinions and forward on others that have made comments, both the good and the bad.

When you hear that the coaches say, we did not play the right people last year, does that not concern anyone on this board? In my line of work you would not have a job very long if the expectation was to go to the playoffs and you end up 500. Remember this was the same team that was one bounce shot away from the final four in 2021.

So I spoke with and gathered evidence...But it seems you do not like hearing truth.

I hope that Coach Toomey is good to his word and plays the best, and not who you know. I am looking forward to the alumni weekend and getting back to campus
You know, I believe 100% that you didn’t play for Coach VanArsdale or Toomey.
Then you would be 100% wrong. I do not have to prove anything to you or anyone else. I just call it as I see it, both the good and the bad. It is too bad you cannot be objective when looking at the Greyhounds. As I have said before, these teams have had potential, they just have not lived up to that. I am hoping for a better year, and I think the SU and Villanova scrimmage will give us a good gauge of what to expect
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

I did hear that Wyers is not doing any lacrosse this fall, just conditioning. Any truth to this? I am excited to see the Green Grey game tomorrow to see how the young players look and a little golf on Saturday.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

If any of the alums or parents attend tonight’s scrimmage who post here, please feel free to comment impressions of the team!
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Did anyone go or hear reports out of the alumni scrimmage from the past weekend?
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Oddly, none of the usual "parents" that post here attended.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Kram did you go?
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

No to the game. Yes to the Golf tourney. :D
Laxmaninamillion

Any word on inter squad scrimmage? My kid said Binney had 2G, Fairey (LSM) had two goals and that Haberman and Minicus both looked good for being freshman. Said Kamish also looked great. Second line mids were Binney, McGory and Houston. Minicus started with Kamish, Lindsey, James, Higgins and Poitras.
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

Laxmaninamillion wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:59 pm Any word on inter squad scrimmage? My kid said Binney had 2G, Fairey (LSM) had two goals and that Haberman and Minicus both looked good for being freshman. Said Kamish also looked great. Second line mids were Binney, McGory and Houston. Minicus started with Kamish, Lindsey, James, Higgins and Poitras.
I wasn’t there but heard some similar feedback

Heard Kamish had 3G and was really moving well

Lindsey had 3G and was sharp

Kamish, Lindsey, Minicus we’re paired together first at attack and then they slipped Poitras down there on the left as well and after that it was mixing in a bunch of combos down with Kamish

I got the same feedback about Haberman and also McCulloch - that they looked sharp

Beyond that I didn’t get much. Lots of different guys at midfield and lots of mix and match which you’d expect from an inter squad.
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

Laxmaninamillion

Big scrimmage date Sunday. 11:00 and 1:15 games v Cuse and Nova. Looking forward to meeting some parents and watching some great Lax.
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

I’m looking forward to hearing who stood out.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”