Brown 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
NNELax

Re: Brown 2023

Post by NNELax »

bearlaxfan wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:32 am Outside of Matt Graham & Reade Seligmann (obviously a special case) I think there was a D3 transfer at attack who may have contributed, but this is me imposing on Counselor's turf. ;)
Other than these, I got nuttin'.
David Hawley came over from Williams...Was a heck of player from New Canaan
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

I can only think of three besides McLane in the past many years - Hawley, Seligmann from Duke, and a young man from Penn whose name I can't recall.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:21 am what kind of history does btown have in taking in transfers, even if it wasn't in waves?
There are at times 2-3 on the roster.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

According to the transfer portal thread here Geppert to be grad student at UNC. Maybe the Heel's staff liked what they saw of him last year. Hope he balls out!
ETA: I haven't seen this info elsewhere (LaxBucket) & I don't do twitter.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Full game I haven't noticed before on youtube: 2013 Brown at Yale, freshman year for the 2016 FF seniors. Blynn 2 goals (first one righthanded😳), Caputo 1, Bellistri 1.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

For the 2023 FanLax Fantasy Lacrosse season, UMBC, Hofstra, and Fairfield were dropped and Villanova, Harvard, and Brown were added... Big Leagues! This is arguably bigger than winning a National Championship.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Charlie Don't Surf

Post by Charlie Don't Surf »

Brown early recruiting in first three weeks looks good. Two 4 Stars, including Goalie Tucker Williams (No. 34 IL recruit) and middie Kyle Bilello (from Dylan Molloy's St. A's alma mater) are already landed in The Den. Here is Kyle's highlight video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jJx8x0GEww. Great explosion and motor. Here is Tucker's highlight video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXGHESxJBwM. Really quick hands and good vision.
Also, Noah Prissert, a defenseman from FL, has joined The Den: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-iU4aI-UNM. Looks to have good length and can take the ball away. Let's keep it rolling!
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Good news. Bruno seems to be a more under-the-radar Ivy in lax media than the usual suspects, but that's o.k. Hope the new facilities and (apparent) admin support are having desired effects!
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

Any recruit from St. Anthony’s is going to be a competition - hardened gem ready for Div I rigor ….a player who in practice day in and out is playing against the best at the high school level and whose school schedules the better teams ….the Brunswick goalie looks real athletic and already polished as a mature keeper - two more seasons projects him as a force who will continue the legacy of world-class goalies wearing the “B”…..Prissert was the first commit and the Fla. recruit will provide a stable presence in front of the extremely active goalie ….7 more slots available to be filled by those recognizing a program that now fields squads enjoying success and able to challenge for League titles as was attained last season ..no individual 5 *’s but 5 * team wins …
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Tanner Demling's take on Bruno 2023

https://lacrossebucket.com/2022/09/05/f ... own-bears/
RopeUnit

Post by RopeUnit »

Brown's recruiting classes are usually "ranked" 5th/6th among Ivies, no 5 stars very few Top 50 players, and the Bears still end up in the ILT every year. Either the staff does more with less or these rankings don't mean too much (I'd say a little of both.) One would think that winning the league last year would be a boon for '24 recruits. Tough recruiting environment with 6 out of 7 Ivies legitimate top 20 programs so not expecting the Bears to suddenly jump to the front of the Ivy pack on the recruiting front.

I took a look at the incoming classes over on the Inside Lacrosse site--if that info is up to date Brown looks long on promising goalies and do-it-all midfielders. Could really use a couple top shelf offensive players in this class with only 3 attackmen combined in the '22 and '23 classes.

Only criticism I have of the recruiting is that the staff needs to do better with legacies/family connections to the program.
Charlie Don't Surf wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:07 pm Brown early recruiting in first three weeks looks good. Two 4 Stars, including Goalie Tucker Williams (No. 34 IL recruit) and middie Kyle Bilello (from Dylan Molloy's St. A's alma mater) are already landed in The Den. Here is Kyle's highlight video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jJx8x0GEww. Great explosion and motor. Here is Tucker's highlight video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXGHESxJBwM. Really quick hands and good vision.
Also, Noah Prissert, a defenseman from FL, has joined The Den: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-iU4aI-UNM. Looks to have good length and can take the ball away. Let's keep it rolling!
Laxman23

Post by Laxman23 »

What do you mean by “do better with legacys”? Are we missing out on siblings who may go elsewhere or are we taking siblings who may not otherwise qualify other then they have a brother on the team? Currently there are two(?) sets of siblings on the roster and I am not sure if you consider that a good or bad thing
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

Bearfan wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:32 pm What do you mean by “do better with legacys”? Are we missing out on siblings who may go elsewhere or are we taking siblings who may not otherwise qualify other then they have a brother on the team? Currently there are two(?) sets of siblings on the roster and I am not sure if you consider that a good or bad thing
It's possible RopeUnit is talking about Peter Buonanno, who just committed to Princeton. Goes to Moses Brown, dad played at Brown.

I noticed another kid with a father who played lacrosse at Brown committed elsewhere, Duke I think.
RopeUnit

Post by RopeUnit »

Post was not in reference to a specific young man. It is especially understandable that a Moses Brown student would choose to venture beyond the Providence city limits for college IMO. Love my folks but I wanted a little separation for my college years :lol: :lol: :lol:

To clarify: have noticed a few blue chip-type siblings/legacy who decided on other options in recent years (spanning Lars' years too I think.) Considering the upward trend of the team and the athletic department, and the way Daly's players seem to love playing for him, figured they might land one or two of those guys. Not a big gripe, it happens at every program.

Program and recruiting in good hands.
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

RopeUnit wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:10 pm Post was not in reference to a specific young man. It is especially understandable that a Moses Brown student would choose to venture beyond the Providence city limits for college IMO. Love my folks but I wanted a little separation for my college years :lol: :lol: :lol:

To clarify: have noticed a few blue chip-type siblings/legacy who decided on other options in recent years (spanning Lars' years too I think.) Considering the upward trend of the team and the athletic department, and the way Daly's players seem to love playing for him, figured they might land one or two of those guys. Not a big gripe, it happens at every program.

Program and recruiting in good hands.
I probably shouldn't have singled out a hs kid/recruit. And I 100% agree, it's good to get out of the nest and explore other areas. Princeton not a bad place to do that :-). Looks like Daly has gotten off to a good start with a key piece (G) and I have no doubt more good ones to follow.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

middleAgedBear wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:38 pm
Bearfan wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:32 pm What do you mean by “do better with legacys”? Are we missing out on siblings who may go elsewhere or are we taking siblings who may not otherwise qualify other then they have a brother on the team? Currently there are two(?) sets of siblings on the roster and I am not sure if you consider that a good or bad thing
It's possible RopeUnit is talking about Peter Buonanno, who just committed to Princeton. Goes to Moses Brown, dad played at Brown.

I noticed another kid with a father who played lacrosse at Brown committed elsewhere, Duke I think.
And the daughter went to Princeton as well after being one of the top recruits in the country.
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

Brownlax wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:50 pm
middleAgedBear wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:38 pm

And the daughter went to Princeton as well after being one of the top recruits in the country.
It happens. Dom poached several kids whose parents were Brown alums, notably, Ben Rubeor and Chris Rotelli. :o
Charlie Don't Surf

Post by Charlie Don't Surf »

No. 6 player in the class on the way to the Bars' Den!!! Hudson Hausmann: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjsVM0TNTfo. Congrats to the coaches and the Brunswick crew. And, welcome to the Den, Hudson!!! Also, Matteo Roturra in the house: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR1C9IWCfdk. Midfield is shaping up beautifully!!! Keep it up Bruno!!!
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Lacrosse Bucket:
Brown Bears

Nobody has closed our the month quite like Brown. The Bears have a nine-man 2024 class at the moment and six of those commitments have come over the past week. That includes a trio of midfield commits from Matteo Rottura (Academy of The New Church, Pa.), Hudson Hausmann (Brunswick, Conn.), and Cole Frood (Cannon, N.C.).

Hausmann headlines that midfield group as an explosive and creative dodger who moves smoothly and can give defenses all kinds of trouble. Frood is a tough dodger and versatile all-around playmaker who is coming off a spring season in which he put up 38 goals and 22 assists. Rottura is a two-way threat who played much bigger than his 5-foot-9 frame. Exuberating a good amount of confidence on every play, he knows how to find the back of the net and is also a tough defender on the other end.

Brunswick (Conn.) goalie Tucker Williams headlines the Bears’ defensive haul in the class. Playing a very active style, he is always on locked in and has unbelievably fast hands and reaction time. Williams moves very well in between the pipes and makes impressive save after impressive save.
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

Looks like Brown snagged a lax alum's kid (Frood).

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”