Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
HooDat

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by HooDat »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:15 pm Minimum wage is law. Below minimum wage is illegal. Unless you're a restaurant server...or undocumented laborer.
which is why the "elite" love them some undocumented workers.... :roll:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

HooDat wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:20 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:15 pm Minimum wage is law. Below minimum wage is illegal. Unless you're a restaurant server...or undocumented laborer.
It's not just the "elite" that love them. The country's "Walmart shoppers" do too.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

HooDat wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:26 pm my "favorite" is the stupid line about: “We need immigrant labor to do those tasks where not enough Americans will.”

the part they don't say out loud? ..... for what we want to pay them. :?
:lol: The wages aren't the problem. Joe ex-American factory worker considers the jobs beneath him. He believes he should be immune to general economic conditions and supply and demand. He thinks the world owes him a living as a factory worker, whether the world needs that factory worker position or not. You can substitute pretty much any mid-late 20th century "male blue collar job" for factory worker, above. The problem is as much psychological as it is financial.

These same people (the Joes) refuse to vote for minimum wage laws, which would help them. They don't want those they consider beneath them to have their wages raised. Then of course it is all the fault of people who went to college, you know, the elites, who are generally less susceptible to the problem Joe has, and of course people of color who are cheating the system to get something they don't, unlike Joe, deserve. Joe is overly prideful and has a head full of sh*t.
Last edited by jhu72 on Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:31 pm
It's not just the "elite" that love them. The country's "Walmart shoppers" do too.
and the folks who won't cut their own lawns, and one who won't clean their own toilets, .....

HooDat

Post by HooDat »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:15 pm
HooDat wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:26 pm my "favorite" is the stupid line about: “We need immigrant labor to do those tasks where not enough Americans will.”

:lol: The wages aren't the problem. Joe ex-American factory worker considers the jobs beneath him. He believes he should be immune to general economic conditions and supply and demand. He thinks the world owes him a living as a factory worker, whether the world needs that factory worker position or not. You can substitute pretty much any mid-late 20th century "male blue collar job" for factory worker, above. The problem is as much psychological as it is financial.

These same people (the Joes) refuse to vote for minimum wage laws, which would help them. They don't want those they consider beneath them to have their wages raised. Then of course it is all the fault of people who went to college, you know, the elites, who are generally less susceptible to the problem Joe has and of course people of color who are cheating the system to get something they don't, unlike Joe, deserve. Joe is overly prideful and has a head full of sh*t.
so Joe is an a-hole for wanting to compete in a job market that doesn't include labor that (a) pays no income taxes, (b) creates no payroll or unemployment tax for the employer and (c) has to fear being deported?

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

HooDat wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:17 pm

These same people (the Joes) refuse to vote for minimum wage laws, which would help them. They don't want those they consider beneath them to have their wages raised. Then of course it is all the fault of people who went to college, you know, the elites, who are generally less susceptible to the problem Joe has and of course people of color who are cheating the system to get something they don't, unlike Joe, deserve. Joe is overly prideful and has a head full of sh*t.
so Joe is an a-hole for wanting to compete in a job market that doesn't include labor that (a) pays no income taxes, (b) creates no payroll or unemployment tax for the employer and (c) has to fear being deported?
... no Joe wants to work in a 1950 - 1980 blue collar job market, that doesn't exist.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:23 pm ... no Joe wants to work in a 1950 - 1980 blue collar job market, that doesn't exist.
heck I want to work in a 1950 blue collar job market!

ahhh, ..... those were the days, a huge percentage of the working age population wiped out by a global war, the vast majority of global infrastructure destroyed by that same war, and the US infrastructure at it peak due to being left virtually untouched by war.... :roll:

sure Joe-Sixpack would love to be able to find a reliable job that pays enough to buy a small suburban house, raise a family of 2 or 3 kids, maybe take them to the beach or lake each summer and Disneyland at least once in their lives, all while saving enough to help pay for college and weddings while retiring with a decent pension.

We all know that world doesn't exist anymore - but in the meanwhile the CEO of that public company that used to make 10x what Joe's dad made now makes 200x what he's offering to pay Joe for the same job. You tell me who the unreasonable one is in that equation.

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

HooDat wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:40 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:23 pm ... no Joe wants to work in a 1950 - 1980 blue collar job market, that doesn't exist.

ahhh, ..... those were the days, a huge percentage of the working age population wiped out by a global war, the vast majority of global infrastructure destroyed by that same war, and the US infrastructure at it peak due to being left virtually untouched by war.... :roll:

sure Joe-Sixpack would love to be able to find a reliable job that pays enough to buy a small suburban house, raise a family of 2 or 3 kids, maybe take them to the beach or lake each summer and Disneyland at least once in their lives, all while saving enough to help pay for college and weddings while retiring with a decent pension.

We all know that world doesn't exist anymore - but in the meanwhile the CEO of that public company that used to make 10x what Joe's dad made now makes 200x what he's offering to pay Joe for the same job. You tell me who the unreasonable one is in that equation.
Executive pay, bonuses, stock options should be capped by law.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Joe’s union was broken, pay reduced and then job shipped to Mexico and China in order to maximize shareholder value…“liberals” didn’t understand a free market economy…. Protectionists and the like…..wish I could turn back the clock to business school when I caught so much heat…..a tariff is a tax! Not if you are in the 2017 version of the GOP..😂😂
“I wish you would!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

HooDat wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:15 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:31 pm
and the folks who won't cut their own lawns, and one who won't clean their own toilets, .....
… and raise their own children
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:23 pm
HooDat wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:17 pm

... no Joe wants to work in a 1950 - 1980 blue collar job market, that doesn't exist.
Joe was told to send his kids to college and low and behold the government stepped in to make college affordable for everyone, student loans for all.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

lagerhead wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:33 pm Joe was told to send his kids to college and low and behold the government stepped in to make college affordable for everyone, student loans for all.
yep, that turned out really well didn't it....

:?

... for the colleges....

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:25 pm

Joe’s union was broken, pay reduced and then job shipped to Mexico and China in order to maximize shareholder value…“liberals” didn’t understand a free market economy…. Protectionists and the like…..wish I could turn back the clock to business school when I caught so much heat…..a tariff is a tax! Not if you are in the 2017 version of the GOP..😂😂
Not everything is defensible but let me at least try for the other side.

- Regulators fell down on competitive focus in M&A, too many oligopolies
- Way too much doveish monetary policy. Is it the corporate execs fault that lot factors (the % of value attributable to land vs the improvements/“sticks & bricks”) has gone from 28% to something close to 45%? That’s a big reason why things are tougher for blue collar workers with respect to housing. And gave a massive kickstart to monied land and asset owners in the process. In terms of wealth distribution, which is of course different than income.

There’s other arguments to make that the allocation of blame for wealth gap and general affordability issues is more on the govt that Corp America. Certainly when you consider their job was to manage that stuff.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:58 pm

- Way too much doveish monetary policy. Is it the corporate execs fault that lot factors (the % of value attributable to land vs the improvements/“sticks & bricks”) has gone from 28% to something close to 45%? That’s a big reason why things are tougher for blue collar workers with respect to housing. And gave a massive kickstart to monied land and asset owners in the process. In terms of wealth distribution, which is of course different than income.

There’s other arguments to make that the allocation of blame for wealth gap and general affordability issues is more on the govt that Corp America. Certainly when you consider their job was to manage that stuff.
That’s all true. I remember arguing that Airbus had an unfair advantage and we should implement a tariff or lend support…it was crazy talk.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:13 pm

That’s all true. I remember arguing that Airbus had an unfair advantage and we should implement a tariff or lend support…it was crazy talk.
Heavily protected industries and protectionist countries end up fubarred. Japan being the biggest example but Europe has been dragging a** for two decades even in the good times. Hard to compete in an “unfair” environment (though the French handicap their businesses with longer mandated vacations and other regulations we don’t have so there’s that) but the answer isn’t to cheat too because that’s both a race to the bottom and no way to build resiliency in an organization/enterprise.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:24 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:13 pm

Heavily protected industries and protectionist countries end up fubarred. Japan being the biggest example but Europe has been dragging a** for two decades even in the good times. Hard to compete in an “unfair” environment (though the French handicap their businesses with longer mandated vacations and other regulations we don’t have so there’s that) but the answer isn’t to cheat too because that’s both a race to the bottom and no way to build resiliency in an organization/enterprise.
I know. Japanese auto market wasn’t free and they were over here cleaning our clocks. We upped our competitive game by breaking unions and then shipping jobs away. The auto industry suffered from bad management more than anything but we needed some competitive reciprocal balance.

I will never forget a business owner telling me in 2004, Chinese landed costs for a competitive product was at his company’s 1957 price.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:50 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:24 am
CU88 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:41 am At the 2022 Texas Tribune Festival, Buttigieg said the efforts of Gov. Greg Abbott and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis in sending migrants to Democrat-led cities are “hurting people in order to get attention.”

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/09/22 ... -festival/

U.S. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg blasted Texas Gov. Greg Abbott and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis for sending migrants en masse to Democrat-led cities — accusing the Republican governors of using vulnerable people to call attention to themselves.

“Obviously, there are issues with the border and with migration,” Buttigieg said Thursday during the opening keynote of the 2022 Texas Tribune Festival. “But these are the kinds of stunts you see from people who don’t have a solution.”

Abbott has bused more than 11,000 migrants to cities including Washington, D.C., New York and Chicago. DeSantis followed suit last week when the state of Florida paid to fly migrants from Texas — allegedly luring them by promising housing and jobs in Boston — to the Massachusetts island of Martha’s Vineyard, where they were stranded.

Missing from Abbott and DeSantis’ tactics are any proposals to tackle the broader issue of immigration and border security, Buttigieg said.
In case you have forgotten, the Biden administration has been dissipating the influx of illegal aliens by the means of midnight flights to various cities all over the USA... with no one knowing about it. For all of you arrogant, condescending and self righteous leaders of FLP cities who boldly declared your cities as "SANCTUARY CITIES" You all should be rolling out the red carpet. Well except when they show up unannounced in your own cities and towns... now you FLP hypocrites suddenly have a problem with where the illegals wind up... when they wind up where you live.
HUGE difference in what the administration is doing - they actually are setting up pickups by relatives or placing the immigrants with charitable organizations who are equipped to house them and are aware they are coming.

And the people DeSantis and Abbot are moving are not necessarily "illegal" but often are here awaiting on an overburdened system to react to their asylum requests. (I have a problem with terming someone who either overstays their tourist visa or comes into the country as actually "illegal" but perhaps someone who has committed an offense).
So Biden people are being sooooooo transparent that these relocation flights are being done in the middle of the night when no one can see them? :D Your point is irrelevant none the less. The leaders of all of these sanctuary cities took great pride in puffing their chests out and proclaiming these people are welcome in their cities. That little lie ended when the illegal immigrants suddenly wound up in their cities. I was unaware that the leaders of these cities should have expected reservations first. This is FLP hypocrisy on parade with the usual suspects on this forum making very lame attempts to hide their own hypocrisy. You leaders that vehemently advocated for sanctuary cities and made all your vacuous empty promises... your chickens and your illegal immigrants are coming home to roost. Deal with it... you asked for it and you got the problem dumped right back in your lap. Don't whine about the governors who decided to take you up on your promise. You all wrote a check with your mouths that your bodies could not cash. The way to "deal with it" would be to finally fix the immigration problem at the southern border.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:07 pm

Capped at what?

The businesses would love that. More profit for ownership.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:07 pm

Hold bird of directors accountable for problems and a lot of this agency problem is solved. They have legal obligations to all investors. So there are legal remedies that could be enforced already that could solve that issue.

Return to “POLITICS”