OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxphan20

Re: The Boston College Eagles

Post by wlaxphan20 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:25 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:58 am Some of next years team. Hard to miss Mallory Hasselbeck front and center. Happy looking bunch.

A thought occurred to me: do lacrosse teams ever intentionally put a physically big attacker in front of the opposing net to act as a screen to the goaltender in order to score? It is commonly done in hockey. As there are similarities between the sports, I just wondered if anyone has ever practiced it. If memory serves, BC's Tess Chandler ('18) was used in such a way on occasion.

If I'm not mistaken, that's against the rules in the women's game. Dangerous.

It was a common tactic in the men's game when I was playing long ago. Equipment is quite different.

Someone more familiar with the rules may correct me.
I don’t think an attacking player can be called for a shooting space violation but putting an attacker there gives the defender the right to mark that attacking player without being called for a shooting space violation.

So it would probably get to a point where even thought the goalie may be screened, the shooter is obstructed as well and would likely be carded for taking a shot while two players are standing in front of the goal.

So I’d think the attacking player would have to get out of the way, because her presence gives the defender the right to be there as well.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:45 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:58 am Some of next years team. Hard to miss Mallory Hasselbeck front and center. Happy looking bunch.

A thought occurred to me: do lacrosse teams ever intentionally put a physically big attacker in front of the opposing net to act as a screen to the goaltender in order to score? It is commonly done in hockey. As there are similarities between the sports, I just wondered if anyone has ever practiced it. If memory serves, BC's Tess Chandler ('18) was used in such a way on occasion.

It was a common tactic in the men's game when I was playing long ago. Equipment is quite different.

I don’t think an attacking player can be called for a shooting space violation but putting an attacker there gives the defender the right to mark that attacking player without being called for a shooting space violation.

So it would probably get to a point where even thought the goalie may be screened, the shooter is obstructed as well and would likely be carded for taking a shot while two players are standing in front of the goal.

So I’d think the attacking player would have to get out of the way, because her presence gives the defender the right to be there as well.
That makes sense; the shooter is the one who would be carded for taking the dangerous shot. So, just not a tactic that provides a reliable advantage. indeed it would take away an otherwise strong shooting opportunity...a tall "crease" attack makes for a great target for a feeder, but gotta move...
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:24 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:45 pm

That makes sense; the shooter is the one who would be carded for taking the dangerous shot. So, just not a tactic that provides a reliable advantage. indeed it would take away an otherwise strong shooting opportunity...a tall "crease" attack makes for a great target for a feeder, but gotta move...
If you want to post someone up there as a target be my guest. Totally different when you’re looking to hit them and they’re finishing on the doorstep. Teams post players in the middle of the 8m/a few ft in front of the crease to try to break a zone or backer zone, too. I just don’t think there’s a benefit to stick someone on the crease simply to try to screen the goalie.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Duck, Duck, Lose (or Turtle, Turtle in this case)

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

The Old Line State Chelonians didn’t deserve to make it to the NCAA finals last season on account of their ducking teams who had been mainstays on their schedule since they moved from the ACC to the Big 10 at the end of the 2014 campaign. For 6 straight seasons Maryland played North Carolina in late February and Syracuse in late February/early March. It was clear at this address that Reese chose not to schedule these teams for protective ulterior motives in ’22—she wanted to let her largely young and inexperienced (in postseason) team slowly build their confidence and experience in hopes of being ready come Tournament time for a run at the final. In some circles, Duke got a whole ration of guff for their easy OOC schedule last year but not much dust was kicked up when Maryland noticeably left Carolina and Syracuse off their ’22 slate. Certainly not on the same scale as Duke, but Maryland did their own bit of cupcake scheduling.

When the last edition of national champion Terps graduated their best players at the conclusion of the 2019 season, they were left with a skeleton crew. 2020 saw them tarred and feathered by the Heels (19-6) and stifled on their own Weird Field a week later by Syracuse 10-5; the infamous SnowGait game:

https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=1810 (Whole lotta entertaining and compelling reading in that thread, by the way. One of the all time best topics on the D1 Women’s Lacrosse board.)

In ’21, Covid precautions constrained the Big 10 to play all their games in conference. Had Maryland played Carolina and Syracuse that year they would have lost to both teams again. This was evidenced by their being bulldozed by the Evil Empire Wildcats in two of their three meetings that year, and ultimately losing to Duke in the 2nd round of the NCAA’s.

Last season when things in NCAA D1 women’s lacrosse went back to relative normalcy, coach Reese chose to duck the Heels and the Orange—opting for an easier schedule for her apparently fragile patchwork group of portal transfers and younger homegrown players by adding Villanova and St. Joe’s as substitutes. But ultimately, the clock struck midnight for Maryland on championship weekend nearing the end of the semifinals; their inexperience and lack of mettle finally showed in the last half of the fourth quarter against the battle tested defending champion Boston College Eagles as they coughed up a 3 goal lead and fell 17-16. As ol’ Johnny Lennon once warbled, “Instant karma’s gonna get you”. One of the storylines of the ’22 Terps.

Looking back on Maryland’s ’22 season, who did they really beat that was significant? Florida twice? Virginia? A Scaneless Wildcat team—once? Meh, meh and meh. That’s why I say the predictions making the Terps the favorite for ’23 are premature and more likely wishful thinking. Though the Tar Heels may be a shell of themselves next year, and BC not nearly as dangerous without The Great One; and Northwestern with questions outsurrounding Scane’s level of effectiveness coming back from injury, etc. Maryland doesn’t distinguish themselves from these teams by any stretch. Also--Syracuse, Stony Brook and/or Florida among others may have a spoiler role to play by the time the final chapter is written in late May of 2023.
jff97

Re: Duck, Duck, Lose (or Turtle, Turtle in this case)

Post by jff97 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:37 pm Image

The Old Line State Chelonians didn’t deserve to make it to the NCAA finals last season on account of their ducking teams who had been mainstays on their schedule since they moved from the ACC to the Big 10 at the end of the 2014 campaign. For 6 straight seasons Maryland played North Carolina in late February and Syracuse in late February/early March. It was clear at this address that Reese chose not to schedule these teams for protective ulterior motives in ’22—she wanted to let her largely young and inexperienced (in postseason) team slowly build their confidence and experience in hopes of being ready come Tournament time for a run at the final. In some circles, Duke got a whole ration of guff for their easy OOC schedule last year but not much dust was kicked up when Maryland noticeably left Carolina and Syracuse off their ’22 slate. Certainly not on the same scale as Duke, but Maryland did their own bit of cupcake scheduling.

When the last edition of national champion Terps graduated their best players at the conclusion of the 2019 season, they were left with a skeleton crew. 2020 saw them tarred and feathered by the Heels (19-6) and stifled on their own Weird Field a week later by Syracuse 10-5; the infamous SnowGait game:

https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=1810 (Whole lotta entertaining and compelling reading in that thread, by the way. One of the all time best topics on the D1 Women’s Lacrosse board.)

In ’21, Covid precautions constrained the Big 10 to play all their games in conference. Had Maryland played Carolina and Syracuse that year they would have lost to both teams again. This was evidenced by their being bulldozed by the Evil Empire Wildcats in two of their three meetings that year, and ultimately losing to Duke in the 2nd round of the NCAA’s.

Last season when things in NCAA D1 women’s lacrosse went back to relative normalcy, coach Reese chose to duck the Heels and the Orange—opting for an easier schedule for her apparently fragile patchwork group of portal transfers and younger homegrown players by adding Villanova and St. Joe’s as substitutes. But ultimately, the clock struck midnight for Maryland on championship weekend nearing the end of the semifinals; their inexperience and lack of mettle finally showed in the last half of the fourth quarter against the battle tested defending champion Boston College Eagles as they coughed up a 3 goal lead and fell 17-16. As ol’ Johnny Lennon once warbled, “Instant karma’s gonna get you”. One of the storylines of the ’22 Terps.

Looking back on Maryland’s ’22 season, who did they really beat that was significant? Florida twice? Virginia? A Scaneless Wildcat team—once? Meh, meh and meh. That’s why I say the predictions making the Terps the favorite for ’23 are premature and more likely wishful thinking. Though the Tar Heels may be a shell of themselves next year, and BC not nearly as dangerous without The Great One; and Northwestern with questions outsurrounding Scane’s level of effectiveness coming back from injury, etc. Maryland doesn’t distinguish themselves from these teams by any stretch. Also--Syracuse, Stony Brook and/or Florida among others may have a spoiler role to play by the time the final chapter is written in late May of 2023.
How you always find a way to take a shot at Maryland is honestly impressive. Going by your logic that they didn't have any significant wins last year, I guess only UNC did because if Maryland didn't beat any significant, then I guess BC beating them isn't noteworthy. And here's the case for Maryland as the favorite heading into the year:
-They lose Cordingley and Griffin but return two 60-plus goal scorers in Leubecker and May, a good crease player in Clevenger, a nice option in the midfield with Smith and Lipkin is primed to break out
-They add Donovan to an already excellent defense, which will now have 2 AAs at the position along with the National Goalie of the Year in Sterling
-Donovan can also go on the draw circle, which was already very good with Ahearn and Bosco
Add those up, and it sounds like the pieces for a deep run. I'm sure losing last year will provide motivation too, even if they don't ever come out and say it. If I was running odds for title favorites, I'd have MD and BC at the top.
Essexfenwick

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget—Opinions, photos, highlights, news, etc.

Post by Essexfenwick »

^^
UMD also has Rhule on defense, the AE player of the year injured last year. Last years #2 recruit and highest rated defensive recruit also coming back from injury plus this years #1 recruit at attack.

Totally loaded all over the field at draw and the AA goalie.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Duck, Duck, Lose (or Turtle, Turtle in this case)

jff97 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:16 pm How you always find a way to take a shot at Maryland is honestly impressive.
Thank you. I calls 'em like I sees 'em. When there are Terpish things to take shots at--I shoots at 'em. Maryland ducking UNC and Syracuse in '22 was evident--and shot worthy. Their wins were unimpressive to me--shot worthy. Their choke performance in the semis vs BC--shot worthy. Others wrote the same thing about Maryland in the semis yet in a more measured and tactful manner. Emily Giambalvo from the Washington Post:

"In this matchup, Maryland couldn’t grab an early lead and cruise, as it often had this season and as it did in both previous games of this tournament. The Terps (19-2) instead tried to weather 60 minutes of tension Friday afternoon at Homewood Field. They were unable to put the game away late, failing to score in the final seven minutes."

Even coach said something similar to what I said, that they couldn't handle the pressure in crunch time. From the same article:

“When it got a little tight, I thought we were a little hesitant,” Reese said. “We struggled clearing the ball towards the end of the game there. Just sort of got caught back on our heels instead of forward on our toes. That was tough.”

I've been accused of naming players who wilted under pressure in big games in the past. But that's how sports are written about. Ms. Giambalvo wasn't afraid to point out players who failed in the late going:

"The Terps leaned on all those players who had never before reached this round of the tournament, and for much of the game, they played with poise. Leubecker — part of the Maryland teams that had a canceled season in 2020 and then lost in the second round a year ago — scored a team-high five times, but the costly turnover helped tilt the game in the Eagles’ favor. Shaylan Ahearn, the junior who takes the draws for the Terps, watched the Eagles secure all five attempts in the circle in the opening quarter. Ahearn rebounded when Maryland needed to stop the Eagles from dominating possession, and she finished with a game-high nine draw controls — yet she couldn’t secure the one at the end that mattered most."

And from Edward Lee in the Baltimore Sun article:

"The energy of youth had been an advantage for the Maryland women’s lacrosse team for much of the spring. The inexperience of that youth might have caught up to it. The Terps committed a series of turnovers while trying to protect a three-goal lead with 7:13 left in the fourth quarter, and reigning national champion Boston College scored the final four goals to escape with a 17-16 win..."

"The No. 2 seed Terps (19-2) had chances to salt the game away. Leading 16-14, junior defender Aiden Peduzzi made an ill-advised run to the Boston College cage, slipped and slid into the crease, giving possession back to the Eagles. Sixty seconds later, North’s goal narrowed the gap to one with 5:16 remaining. Maryland won the ensuing draw, but graduate student attacker Aurora Cordingley committed a turnover under heavy pressure from Weeks, which Boston College converted into North’s game-tying goal. Then after Terps sophomore midfielder Shannon Smith controlled the next draw, junior attacker Hannah Leubecker lost the ball on a spin move to the middle of the net, and Boston College capitalized with the eventual game-winning goal."

“Maybe a little bit,” coach Cathy Reese said when asked if the pressure of the moment contributed to Maryland’s uncharacteristic errors in the final minutes. “There were some crazy things with it, but there were some moments when a little inexperience showed a little bit. I said that from the start. We have a really young team. When you look at all of our scoring, 14 of our 16 goals were sophomores [by eligibility] or younger. So when it got a little tight, I thought we were a little hesitant. We struggled clearing the ball towards the end of the game. We sort of got caught back on our heels instead of forward on our toes.” The Terps committed 17 turnovers to the Eagles’ nine, including five each in the third and fourth quarters. A pair of graduate students in Cordingley and midfielder Grace Griffin committed a game-high three turnovers each...Junior goalkeeper Emily Sterling, a Bel Air resident and John Carroll graduate, made a game-high eight saves, but none in the fourth quarter."

But to the larger issue--indeed, I do always look for chinks in the armor of the tortoise shell. I get tired of teams winning frequently. And I certainly get tired of crowing, biased fan bases of frequently winning teams. I am consistent across all sports in this regard. I always find satisfaction when the Montreal Canadiens lose in hockey; the LA Lakers and Boston Celtics in basketball; the Red Sox and Yankees in baseball, and most especially when Cheatin' Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots lose in football. I've always been like that when it comes to sports. Way back in the 80's when the San Francisco 49ers were the dominant team in the NFL I rooted against them. I hated that team. There was nothing corrupt or scandalous about them I just hated them winning all the time. Wanted to see someone new, especially my favorite team of that time--the Dallas Cowboys. But then as soon as the Cowboys started winning I got sick of them and their fanbase. Now I'm always pleased when they lose--the more humiliating (like in last years playoffs) the better.

So I'll continue to root against Maryland and highlight their shortcomings, and any other teams that strike my fancy to root against, for that matter--because after all, it's only sports. Games. Pastimes.

None of my kids ever played lacrosse except my oldest son very briefly during middle school. I discovered this sport like I did all the other sports I have enjoyed down through the years, by watching them on TV and becoming a fan that way. I realize full well that puts me in a distinct minority on these boards. In fact it wouldn't surprise me to discover that I was the only organic fan here. I would venture to say that everyone who participates and writes on the D1 Women's Lacrosse boards have either played lacrosse, coached it, or had children who play/played. But be that as it may, back to your response...
jff97 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:16 pm Going by your logic that they didn't have any significant wins last year, I guess only UNC did because if Maryland didn't beat any significant, then I guess BC beating them isn't noteworthy.
BC played a tougher schedule than Maryland so we can't really compare. But yes--judging from the way things went down in '22--Carolina was head and shoulders above everyone. They had a dominant season and proved it by beating the defending champs three times. Getting back to the final game for BC was impressive, but all told, by my own standard, yes, BC didn't really have any truly significant wins either. UNC was the team to beat last year and they couldn't beat them in three tries.
jff97 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:16 pm And here's the case for Maryland as the favorite heading into the year:
-They lose Cordingley and Griffin but return two 60-plus goal scorers in Leubecker and May, a good crease player in Clevenger, a nice option in the midfield with Smith and Lipkin is primed to break out
-They add Donovan to an already excellent defense, which will now have 2 AAs at the position along with the National Goalie of the Year in Sterling
-Donovan can also go on the draw circle, which was already very good with Ahearn and Bosco
Add those up, and it sounds like the pieces for a deep run. I'm sure losing last year will provide motivation too, even if they don't ever come out and say it. If I was running odds for title favorites, I'd have MD and BC at the top.
You make a good case but we'll see. They play the games on fields of green, not stat sheets. UNC was stacked to the high heavens in '21 but didn't even get to the final. Assembling a team of all stars doesn't guarantee gold when all the games have been played. The question is always--how will they perform in crunch time?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Essexfenwick wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:25 pm ^^
UMD also has Rhule on defense, the AE player of the year injured last year. Last years #2 recruit and highest rated defensive recruit also coming back from injury plus this years #1 recruit at attack.

Fenny ol' bean! Good to hear from you--although I much more enjoy your posts when you wax poetic about the rippling majestic flags and the hallowed halls of your beloved Terrapins. I always enjoy the posts where you hold forth on Mighty Maryland. Can't wish your team good luck but I do wish it for you. Cheers, mate.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:43 am

Fenny ol' bean! Good to hear from you--although I much more enjoy your posts when you wax poetic about the rippling majestic flags and the hallowed halls of your beloved Terrapins. I always enjoy the posts where you hold forth on Mighty Maryland. Can't wish your team good luck but I do wish it for you. Cheers, mate.
The flag trimmed beauties are lined up to go crabcakes, old bay and state sport all over the field with nattys 16 and 17.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Essexfenwick wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:20 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:43 am

The flag trimmed beauties are lined up to go crabcakes, old bay and state sport all over the field with nattys 16 and 17.
lol--you go, Fenny! I like your panache.

OuttaNowhereWregget

It's a Family Affair

Sly and the Family Stone had a hit in the early 70’s entitled “Family Affair”. Pictured are cousins Belle Smith and Hollie Schleicher, two very impactful players for Boston College who will have to have excellent seasons for the Eagles to sit atop the summit once again at the end of May next year. Smith will begin her junior year and Schleicher her senior. Both are excellent defenders though Smith is a both ends of the field mid. Tough as nails, she has proven that she can supply whatever the team needs in a given moment—a goal, a caused turnover, a nice pass to set up a goal, and even a little chippiness to spark her teammates. I also appreciate how candid she can be in post game interviews. She tells it like it is which is always a welcome departure from safe canned remarks. Here, Smith shares a few thoughts after defeating Loyola in last years quarterfinals.

Schleicher is also a huge asset not only on defense but on the draw circle where she tallied 108 DC’s last season to go along with 33 GB’s and 21 CT’s and interestingly no cards in 23 games.

Expectations are rightfully elevated for these BC cousins in 2023. Hoping for another Family Affair celebration with the grail lifted high at the conclusion of championship weekend.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Any minute now...

Posting an article about Stanford’s stellar recruits with Kleizaster on this forum is like blowing a high frequency whistle intended for an exclusive pair of ears.

Love his rants on the topic, by the way. Not only are they amusing, they are well warranted for exactly the reason sea stated.

https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=403246#p403246
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: It's a Family Affair

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:01 am Smith will begin her junior year and Schleicher her senior. Both are excellent defenders though Smith is a both ends of the field mid.
Case in point on Belle:

OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Any minute now...

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:55 am Posting an article about Stanford’s stellar recruits with Kleizaster on this forum is like blowing a high frequency whistle intended for an exclusive pair of ears.

Love his rants on the topic, by the way. Not only are they amusing, they are well warranted for exactly the reason sea stated.

https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=403246#p403246
Kleizaster wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:47 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:58 am Stanford. Now they just have to win big games:

https://usalaxmagazine.com/college/wome ... t-stanford
Stanford is a .500 team in the ACC and is getting smoked by UNC and BC by 10+ everytime. Sounds like they're looking for quick way to the top. doesn't work that way. Gotta have the culture and coaching to go with everything.
Love it. You tell 'em, Kle--

Clip duration 0:03
OuttaNowhereWregget

Betting on NCAA Women's Lacrosse and Best Recruit Classes

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:30 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:29 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:27 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:14 pm UMD, the flag trimmed beauties from the lacrosse state has no openings to play 2023 or 2024. They are the odds on favorites for nattys 16 and 17.
Yeah--with you making the odds they're the odds on favorites.
Me and Vegas.
Link?
I've yet to come across an outfit that takes action on women's college lacrosse. I would love to find a website that published lines just to see which team was favored and by how much. There are websites that take action on the men's college game but nothing for the ladies that I've discovered thus far.

As an aside, I don't bet on games. I learned way back that gambling on anything, let alone sports, is foolish. The odds are always stacked against the bettor, plus there are much better ways to use money, like saving it, like being generous with it for those in need, etc. but I digress.

And back to the specifics that led to this conversation, Maryland or any team for that matter, may have great recruiting classes, but the team, how they all get along with one another, with the coach and staff, in the locker room, on the field, playing in big games, etc. all factor into whether or not they'll be successful. Any team with all the big names and high expectations are subject to and governed by these variables. Sometimes in a big game it's one player (most recently Charlotte North or Sam Geiersbach) who puts their team over the top in crunch time. Neither one was recruited by the team they ended up on, but neither Boston College or UNC wins their respective '21 & '22 national titles without them.

Highly ranked recruiting classes are all well and good, but they still have to play the games on the field. All the aforementioned elements of each player/team weigh and test each new team each new year. A perfect example was the BC/Maryland semifinal this past season. Terp coach Reese is frequently heralded as the best in D1, but she couldn't prevent her teams critical errors at the end of the game to blow a 3 goal lead. It came down to the players, all highly touted I'm sure, making the errors/not being smart with the ball, in the heat of the moment that lost them the game. Reese could do only so much to prepare her charges in the huddle/timeout with 7 minutes left to play. When it was all said and done--BC made the plays in crunch time, not Maryland. The supposedly inferior coach had the right players in the game to make the plays to win and they came through. It's so much more than a top ranked recruiting class that makes a champion.

And a further thought, Fenwick--what makes you so sure this Terps team doesn't make similar errors in crunch time going forward? I could also point to the Terps loss to Duke in '21 and demonstrate how the strategy, or execution of the play called, cost them a chance at tying the game and perhaps winning in overtime.

No guarantees for any team regardless of their best recruits haul, or portal gains for that matter. Everyone should forever remember '21 when the Tar Heels evoked talk of "the greatest team ever assembled" in some circles, and never even made it to the final game, let alone win it.
VAMomGlax2019

Post by VAMomGlax2019 »

The combination of great pressure defense, poor decisions by UMD players to run into trouble rather pass out to spread the defense, and the refs swallowing their whistles was the trifecta needed for BC to pull that game off. The shot clock helped create this exciting finish as well.
OuttaNowhereWregget

The Dukes are ready for their new conference

Should be compelling lacrosse when Peterson and the Dukes square off against the Gators...
VAMomGlax2019

Post by VAMomGlax2019 »

Isabella is a great player and scoring threat. Agree it will be a fun game to watch between JMU and UFL. Going forward, assuming the AAC stays in tack and that’s a big if depending on what the SEC and BIG10 do, I see the AAC being more of a battle between UFL and USF with JMU filling in the third spot.
OuttaNowhereWregget

VAMomGlax2019 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:50 pm Isabella is a great player and scoring threat. Agree it will be a fun game to watch between JMU and UFL. Going forward, assuming the AAC stays in tack and that’s a big if depending on what the SEC and BIG10 do, I see the AAC being more of a battle between UFL and USF with JMU filling in the third spot.
She is. And a lot of fun to watch.

Interesting comments on USF. They seem very serious about being competitive earlier than later. Like Clemson in a sense. And their long term goal is lofty. It would only make the sport more exciting if they’re successful.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Still Great Fun and Excitement

The Delaware State University Hornets are not a team that comes up often in women’s lacrosse. They seldom make any noise or pull any upsets. They typically beat Howard University for their lone D1 win each season. They have no glory years in their short history. But they play the great game of lacrosse and they enjoy themselves. It’s fun to be on a team and it’s thrilling to score a goal or make a save in net or make a good pass or a good defensive play. So the Hornets set their goals a little lower. But they still get to play the game. There are approximately 120 teams currently playing NCAA D1 women’s lacrosse with more deciding to join all the time. The overwhelming majority of them will never win a national championship, or a conference championship or a regular season title—but they get to play the game and experience the thrill of playing a sport that has been played on this continent for centuries. And for them, that’s enough. With that, they are content. So here’s to all the obscure teams playing lacrosse: May you achieve new heights and experience greater joy with your teammates during practice this fall and winter, Fall ball, and for the upcoming season—Good Luck!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”