Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:06 pm https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/ ... ts-1263550 So this is the collective group of FLP jackwagons that are going to lead America to the promised land? What are the words from that song by the Who... meet the new boss... same as the old boss. The Democrats prove triple r's wildly popular phrase called TAATS. The Democrats just F**K things up differently than the Republicans do. There is no doubt that both parties are just a bunch of F**K ups. They are all the same. America needs a third party. Maybe some new folks that don't have scrambled eggs between their ears. :roll:
Lead us with your wisdom!!!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:17 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:06 pm https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/ ... ts-1263550 So this is the collective group of FLP jackwagons that are going to lead America to the promised land? What are the words from that song by the Who... meet the new boss... same as the old boss. The Democrats prove triple r's wildly popular phrase called TAATS. The Democrats just F**K things up differently than the Republicans do. There is no doubt that both parties are just a bunch of F**K ups. They are all the same. America needs a third party. Maybe some new folks that don't have scrambled eggs between their ears. :roll:
I don't think my solutions would be very popular around these parts. My own suggestion is for everyone to start a garden. That will busy enough not to worry about what all of our fearless leaders are doing. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

OCanada wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:20 am AOC is from the Bronx. She speaks like it. Another right wing trope in their strategy of attack, make up stuff and attack again.

Twitter is a medium not a message. The users have to be vetted fit for accuracy.

Since taking office Trump has lied close to 10,000 times and is running at north of 20 per day. He is a follower not a leader.

I understand their problem with her. She out prepares, out thinks and crushes them in confrontations.
Since when is Yorktown High School in the Bronx? She had what progressives would call a privileged upbringing. I could see if she grew up in tough White Plains, but Yorktown is closer to Greenwich, CT (in many ways) than it is to The Bronx. AOC is the ultimate "Potemkin" politician. Her brother put her name in a hat and Chakribati picked her because she is a telegenic whiner. When you see her unscripted you can see she has almost zero depth on real issues. It's all talking points.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

LOL another right wing echo chamber. Its funny I follow a number of right wing trolls They all started writing the pretty much the same thing at the same time.

Since when did having any kind of accent matter? She has addressed a lot of these kinds of things.all i care about is the body of work whether I agree with it or not. WORK being the key word there. She produces her critics don't. THE GOP spent years and years trying to destroy HLC and basically exonerated her. She still won the popular vote in the election by 3 million votes. The reasons she lost had little to do with all these attacks and I dont even care for her.

Same thing here. Fear driving personal attacks because you know....
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:07 am
seacoaster wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:17 pm
I don't think my solutions would be very popular around these parts. My own suggestion is for everyone to start a garden. That will busy enough not to worry about what all of our fearless leaders are doing. :D
Hah! I think that would be a very good start C&S.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:20 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:57 pm

sorta like "covfefe", right? :lol:

That girl is from Bronxville and summered on Orchard Beach! Who does she think she is fooling!!!! She knows nothing about those people in the room! Trump is a man of the people!
[/quote]

Bingo!

Yup, she merely sits on the beach enjoying the company of the people there while listening to her boom box. Meanwhile, Trump is so great that he impresses everyone by walking on the waters of Pelham Bay!
[/quote]

You paid attention! I have been to Orchard Beach. It ain’t Rehobath!
[/quote]

Such hypocrites. She gets a pass for turning her voice into a black woman to suite her audience, embarrassing. I'm surprised they didn't call her a cracker-a&s-cracker and tell her to get the hells out. :lol:
[/quote]

You ever hear her talking to her “black” friends? Neither have I. My buddy is one of the top liver surgeons in the country....you should hear him speak at his medical conferences and then when he speaks to his friends when he goes home....you...y’all and all y’all....Black woman? I thought it was her use of a “southern” accent that was pandering?

You can’t tell me that woman is not from Bronxville!
[/quote]

How is this even remotely the same thing?

AOC.....WAS speaking at a conference. Sure, not medical, but it WAS a conference. To use poor grammar with a fake accent, speaking as if those in attendance speak with poor grammar........is demeaning. No other speaker used a fake SOUTHERN accent. In fact, you watch the rest of NAN speech, the southern accents goes away. THAT ...is the point. AOC was a fool to do it. A bigger fool to deny it, answer tweeets........ignore the hate AOC
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:26 am Since when is Yorktown High School in the Bronx? She had what progressives would call a privileged upbringing. I could see if she grew up in tough White Plains, but Yorktown is closer to Greenwich, CT (in many ways) than it is to The Bronx. AOC is the ultimate "Potemkin" politician. Her brother put her name in a hat and Chakribati picked her because she is a telegenic whiner. When you see her unscripted you can see she has almost zero depth on real issues. It's all talking points.
She's been in Congress for less than 6 months. What did you expect would happen when every word she says is run on FoxNews 24/7? More to everyone else's point: she sounds like Umberto Eco compared to Trump, so what the hell are you complaining about here?

You guys are so full of crap with this stuff. We finally get someone to take down a 20+ year career politician, and everyone on the right is all over her.

This is what we----all of us----have been asking for since the Water Cooler showed up all those years ago. Get rid of the bums in both parties who do nothing more than serve monied interests. That's what she did. And shocker, she's green. Who would've thought? Has she lied a bunch of times? Or shown to be corrupt? Not yet. Give her a term, and we'll see where she is.

What you are saying here is that you prefer the polish of Nancy Pelosi or Mitch McConnell. Smooth as silk, perfectly practiced politicians who will F American citizens 9 ways from Sunday. Thanks, but no thanks.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

And yet you didn’t actually refute anything I said about her.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

get it to x wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:26 am
OCanada wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:20 am AOC is from the Bronx. She speaks like it. Another right wing trope in their strategy of attack, make up stuff and attack again.

Twitter is a medium not a message. The users have to be vetted fit for accuracy.

Since taking office Trump has lied close to 10,000 times and is running at north of 20 per day. He is a follower not a leader.

I understand their problem with her. She out prepares, out thinks and crushes them in confrontations.
Since when is Yorktown High School in the Bronx? She had what progressives would call a privileged upbringing. I could see if she grew up in tough White Plains, but Yorktown is closer to Greenwich, CT (in many ways) than it is to The Bronx. AOC is the ultimate "Potemkin" politician. Her brother put her name in a hat and Chakribati picked her because she is a telegenic whiner. When you see her unscripted you can see she has almost zero depth on real issues. It's all talking points.
I have seen her in an unscripted 1 hour forum and I would disagree with your characterization. Not even close. She was intelligent, caring, to the point in addressing real people's questions.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:18 pm

Jenny from the Bronx and Evelyn use y’all all the time!

To me, it's kinda sad that the old NY accents are disappearing. Now with gentrification, people are moving out of one district and into another. On top of all that, people from outside the city and even from outside the country are moving into districts and changing the local character and accents. That's why the new generation uses y'all while we old timers continue to say ''yoose''. Such is life ...
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:43 am And yet you didn’t actually refute anything I said about her.
No. I didn't. So you prefer Pelosi and other snakes who say the "right" things, but do almost nothing to help the American people.

Good news for you: that's what you're getting.

If and when she starts lying and pampering moneyed interests,I'll criticize her. I'm confident there's plenty of time for that.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

If where you grew up and what kind of privilege you grew up with mattered to blue collar voters, Trump would not have reached above 10% in any election. They just want to know: what can you do for me?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Such hypocrites. She gets a pass for turning her voice into a black woman to suite her audience, embarrassing. I'm surprised they didn't call her a cracker-a&s-cracker and tell her to get the hells out. :lol:

Funny because the right wing gave Trump a pass when he mocked a disabled man:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-e ... ds-n627736
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:16 pmTo me, it's kinda sad that the old NY accents are disappearing. Now with gentrification, people are moving out of one district and into another. On top of all that, people from outside the city and even from outside the country are moving into districts and changing the local character and accents. That's why the new generation uses y'all while we old timers continue to say ''yoose''. Such is life ...
the Bronx needs a WALL to keep all those deplorable poeple out!!!

keep the bronx cheer pure!!!

:o :shock: :roll:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:23 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:20 pm

sorta like "covfefe", right? :lol:

That girl is from Bronxville and summered on Orchard Beach! Who does she think she is fooling!!!! She knows nothing about those people in the room! Trump is a man of the people!

Bingo!

Yup, she merely sits on the beach enjoying the company of the people there while listening to her boom box. Meanwhile, Trump is so great that he impresses everyone by walking on the waters of Pelham Bay!
[/quote]

You paid attention! I have been to Orchard Beach. It ain’t Rehobath!
[/quote]

[/quote]

You ever hear her talking to her “black” friends? Neither have I. My buddy is one of the top liver surgeons in the country....you should hear him speak at his medical conferences and then when he speaks to his friends when he goes home....you...y’all and all y’all....Black woman? I thought it was her use of a “southern” accent that was pandering?

You can’t tell me that woman is not from Bronxville!
[/quote]

How is this even remotely the same thing?

AOC.....WAS speaking at a conference. Sure, not medical, but it WAS a conference. To use poor grammar with a fake accent, speaking as if those in attendance speak with poor grammar........is demeaning. No other speaker used a fake SOUTHERN accent. In fact, you watch the rest of NAN speech, the southern accents goes away. THAT ...is the point. AOC was a fool to do it. A bigger fool to deny it, answer tweeets........ignore the hate AOC

[/quote]

You are like clockwork. That girl is from Bronxville!
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Finally looped enough to watch it..........who was AOC trying to emmeylou-nate and copy, the interviewer on the sidewalk with the nice overcoat, or the ghetto brothers leader.? B/c I don't hear one southern accent. (cool video. I wonder what happened to the guy being interviewed on the sidewalk. So much passion. )
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:07 pm Finally looped enough to watch it..........who was AOC trying to emmeylou-nate and copy, the interviewer on the sidewalk with the nice overcoat, or the ghetto brothers leader.? B/c I don't hear one southern accent. (cool video. I wonder what happened to the guy being interviewed on the sidewalk. So much passion. )
Those people are from the South Bronx......
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

So after voting for and CHEERING their vote for Infanticide the liberal NY assembly does this:

NY ASSEMBLYMAN FINCH BLASTS DEMOCRAT LEADERSHIP FOR BLOCKING BIPARTISAN BILL TO HELP GOLD STAR FAMILIES

“Just days after authorizing a state budget that provides free college tuition for illegals, the Assembly Democrats’ leadership team blocked a bipartisan bill sponsored by Assemblyman Hawley that would help Gold Star families afford college. It’s disgraceful. Soldiers who lay down their lives and make the ultimate sacrifice represent the best of us. The children they love so dearly deserve access to the opportunity and promise that is the hallmark of this country. I can’t imagine what’s in your heart when you vote no on a bill like this.”

“The Chair of the Assembly Committee on Higher Education Deborah Glick (D-Manhattan) dismissed this bill as an “entitlement” that would cost the state “several hundred thousand dollars”. It’s scary to live in a state where Democrats believe that a few hundred thousand dollars for Gold Star families is a burdensome entitlement, but tens of millions of dollars for illegals to get free degrees is a common-sense investment,” said Finch.

WHY DO DEMOCRATS PREFER ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS TO AMERICANS AND BABIES?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:03 am So after voting for and CHEERING their vote for Infanticide the liberal NY assembly does this:

NY ASSEMBLYMAN FINCH BLASTS DEMOCRAT LEADERSHIP FOR BLOCKING BIPARTISAN BILL TO HELP GOLD STAR FAMILIES

“Just days after authorizing a state budget that provides free college tuition for illegals, the Assembly Democrats’ leadership team blocked a bipartisan bill sponsored by Assemblyman Hawley that would help Gold Star families afford college. It’s disgraceful. Soldiers who lay down their lives and make the ultimate sacrifice represent the best of us. The children they love so dearly deserve access to the opportunity and promise that is the hallmark of this country. I can’t imagine what’s in your heart when you vote no on a bill like this.”

“The Chair of the Assembly Committee on Higher Education Deborah Glick (D-Manhattan) dismissed this bill as an “entitlement” that would cost the state “several hundred thousand dollars”. It’s scary to live in a state where Democrats believe that a few hundred thousand dollars for Gold Star families is a burdensome entitlement, but tens of millions of dollars for illegals to get free degrees is a common-sense investment,” said Finch.

WHY DO DEMOCRATS PREFER ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS TO AMERICANS AND BABIES?
Let me guess - because some right wing blog says so?? How did I do? :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"WHY DO DEMOCRATS PREFER ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS TO AMERICANS AND BABIES?"

I thought it was because we "hate America"? Or was that last week's silliness.

Return to “POLITICS”