Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by njbill »

Governor God kidnaps people legally in Texas (not Florida) and uses COVID money to fly them to Martha's Vineyard, giving no notice to MV.

It's kidnapping because the people were told they were being flown to Boston. If you don't think that is kidnapping, try telling someone you are flying them to Miami then actually landing in Guantanomo Bay.

The people were legally here as they were asylum seekers awaiting hearings.

Hopefully DeSantis gets indicted for illegally using COVID funds for this stunt.

The only silver lining is it's fun to see his presidential ambitions go up in smoke before out eyes. No way this guy ever gets elected president. Not only have we learned that he is a mean spirited megalomaniac with a bad temper who did the worst job in the country on COVID, but now we see he is a despicable human being with no morals (who BTW cares nothing about his ailing wife).

This tells me he is worried about Charlie Crist. The stunt is intended to appeal to the MAGA deplorables whose votes he needs to get reelected.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:31 pm
HooDat wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:26 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:24 pm I'd hope people were more upset about the unenforced policies and the root problem itself, rather than just howling about the politicization of the problem.
nah, it's more important to show fealty to your chosen team.... ;)
Unfortunately, that is really the issue.

Immigration got terrible under Reagan/Bush1, continued unchanged under Clinton's watch, decidedly worse under Bush2 etc etc etc, under Obama, Trump and now Biden.

It's sad that an effective immigration program, something our country has executed well in the past (and a tenet that the country is built upon and has prided itself upon for generations) has been the biggest failure of this country for the past 30+ years.
You are lying: https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/oba ... d=41715661

(Last week a mistake meant a lie,BTW).
“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:24 pm I'd hope people were more upset about the unenforced policies and the root problem itself, rather than just howling about the politicization of the problem.

Immigration got terrible under Reagan/Bush1, continued unchanged under Clinton's watch, decidedly worse under Bush2 etc etc etc, under Obama, Trump and now Biden.

It's sad that an effective immigration program, something our country has executed well in the past (and a tenet that the country is built upon and has prided itself upon for generations) has been the biggest failure of this country for the past 30+ years.
I suggest that you need to read up the history of this country with regard to immigration. It isn't a volume issue (there was sure plenty of it) It was only in the 1960s that I could agree with your characterization of the nation's positive policy in this regard. Not generations.

For starters suggest you read The Guarded Gate by Daniel Okrent published in 2020 which chronicles the restrictive and biased immigration policy of this country for most of the first half of the 20th Century against Southern and Eastern Europeans and Jews. It isn't pretty. And its only the end of an ugly and discriminatory practice employed against Irish, German and Asian people for well over 100 years before that.

Immigrant labor was essential to the construction of Erie Canal (Irish), western section of the transcontinental railroad (Chinese) and New York City subway (Southern Europeans)
Last edited by Kismet on Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

The MV’s unwanted are heading out, just in time for the weekend get together and lobsta rolls.

Wonder how this impacts the Hispanic vote for democrats.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:49 pm The MV’s unwanted are heading out, just in time for the weekend get together and lobsta rolls.

Wonder how this impacts the Hispanic vote for democrats.
All full up….not unwanted… :lol: :lol: you know like a motel with no more room… :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:40 pm

I suggest that you need to read up the history of this country with regard to immigration. It isn't a volume issue (there was sure plenty of it) It was only in the 1960s that I could agree with your characterization of the nation's positive policy in this regard. Not generations.

For starters suggest you read The Guarded Gate by Daniel Okrent published in 2020 which chronicles the restrictive and biased immigration policy of this country for most of the first half of the 20th Century. It isn't pretty. And its only the end of an ugly and discriminatory practice employed against Irish, German and Asian people for well over 100 years before that.
https://andscape.com/features/white-imm ... cceptable/

https://www.amazon.com/Working-Toward-W ... +whiteness
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:24 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:20 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:33 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:07 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:01 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:50 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:46 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:49 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:24 am
Perfect....so all the reporting thus far by the left was wrong, those 50 did know what they were doing and where they were going. Thanks for proving the pearl clutching was a façade.
Thanks for your altogether Christian take on scoring political points through effective human trafficking. It's always a pleasure when the masks come off. WWJD.
"Human trafficking."
You can always spot an offended liberal when they try to paint something with the worst possible brush/label.
Hyperbole much?
Fair point. It's not human trafficking. That's not an accurate term.
And sure, "offended liberal" is probably accurate...but we all should be offended, "liberal" or not.

I'd put the same request above made of youth to you Kram.
Why should we be offended?
It should offend our sense of morality.

It's a gross political tactic, being spun out with false promises to vulnerable people, legally in the US, with fanfare on propaganda media. Even worse (IMO) is the false usage of "Christian" rhetoric as justification.

That should offend us. It's shameful.

But a big part of country is post-shame.
I had this conversation with a devout Catholic friend…he basically said, “at the end of the day these are human beings…we seem to forget that”. But hey, dumping people off in Bethesda, Herndon, Cherry Hill, Chatham, the Hamptons, Cape Cod or Martha’s Vineyard is reasonable because it riles up the liberal elite.
I don't have an issue with the destinations, just the process of not coordinating with the local governments, aid agencies, federal government etc...all to dog whistle the dogs.

The dogs hear it loud and clear and are howling in satisfaction, and the sugar-coating with "Christian" rhetoric enables those who would be uncomfortable with blatant bigotry to pretend all is to the good...
Those Christian boogeymen are as good a straw man as any.

I'd hope people were more upset about the unenforced policies and the root problem itself, rather than just howling about the politicization of the problem.
I've been pretty darn clear about what my preferred set of policies would be to deal with the "root problem" (s). Some of that is consistent with Dem preferences, but they don't have the votes. Indeed, some of that is consistent with where at least the Bush wing of the GOP was in the 2000's. But they got cold feet.

I don't think "unenforced policies" are the issue unless you mean the hiring of undocumented workers (E-Verify). I'm in favor of E-Verify, but also in favor of making legal documentation much easier and faster to achieve, and citizenship clearly erasable over time.

These particular migrants were following asylum procedures, thus here legally following legal procedures.

And yeah, these a-hole Governors are using "Christian" religious rhetoric as 'justification'...I'm not making that up, they're blowing the dog whistles...and that's more than mere 'politicization' IMO.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

njbill wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:32 pm Governor God kidnaps people legally in Texas (not Florida) and uses COVID money to fly them to Martha's Vineyard, giving no notice to MV.

It's kidnapping because the people were told they were being flown to Boston. If you don't think that is kidnapping, try telling someone you are flying them to Miami then actually landing in Guantanomo Bay.

The people were legally here as they were asylum seekers awaiting hearings.

Hopefully DeSantis gets indicted for illegally using COVID funds for this stunt.

The only silver lining is it's fun to see his presidential ambitions go up in smoke before out eyes. No way this guy ever gets elected president. Not only have we learned that he is a mean spirited megalomaniac with a bad temper who did the worst job in the country on COVID, but now we see he is a despicable human being with no morals (who BTW cares nothing about his ailing wife).

This tells me he is worried about Charlie Crist. The stunt is intended to appeal to the MAGA deplorables whose votes he needs to get reelected.

Decades ago Josef Stalin kidnapped Crimeans and forcibly transported them to Uzbek. He did the same to Kulaks and removed them to the Gulags. All the world was understandably angered over this brutality. Today, the Texass governor does virtually the same and Repukeblicons celebrate. Is there any real surprise?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

It gets worse - it appears that there are now claims of the following:

The people transported were first boarding planes at an AFB, with DHS agents actually assigning fake addresses for them (none of them had been in the US long enough to establish addresses in the country) picked at random all across the country and were told they have to report to sites nearest those fake addresses soon or lose their possibility of gaining asylum.

Why the eff anyone from DHS is colluding with DeSantis or Abbot on cr*p like this is beyond me.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/15 ... mp4?tag=14

If the attorney talking in the video is correct, there are now US federal employees committing crimes in this stunt as well...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Based on Reds post...Looks like we have some whistleblowers in the Fed who are fed up with Biden and his antics and instead of talking about...they are being about it.

As I noted earlier, something good may very well come from all this and in the end Biden will receive all the credit. Wonder when the dossier is gonna drop? ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

If you are a whistleblower, you usually go to the media in some way, or maybe directly to Congress, or the courts.

If they are participating in a stunt, they are not really just a whistleblower.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:25 pm Based on Reds post...Looks like we have some whistleblowers in the Fed who are fed up with Biden and his antics and instead of talking about...they are being about it.

As I noted earlier, something good may very well come from all this and in the end Biden will receive all the credit. Wonder when the dossier is gonna drop? ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:50 pm If you are a whistleblower, you usually go to the media in some way, or maybe directly to Congress, or the courts.

Or the IG of their agency. Or any number of proper routes...committing a crime ain't "whistle blowing".
njbill

Post by njbill »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:50 pm If you are a whistleblower, you usually go to the media in some way, or maybe directly to Congress, or the courts.

Ralphie, could I borrow your secret decoder ring for a second so I can decode the proper word here?

C R I M I N A L

Thanks, Ralphie.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

:lol:
njbill wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:47 pm

Ralphie, could I borrow your secret decoder ring for a second so I can decode the proper word here?

C R I M I N A L

Thanks, Ralphie.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:23 pm :lol:
njbill wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:47 pm

C R I M I N A L

Thanks, Ralphie.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jX61LKg2TYM
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Using human beings as props to change their cancerous narrative:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jsrailton/st ... 8501446661

Just a disgrace. Apologists are a friend to these criminals.
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:25 pm As I noted earlier, something good may very well come from all this and in the end Biden will receive all the credit. Wonder when the dossier is gonna drop? ;)
Bingo ! It focuses attention on the lack of a coherent strategy to deal with this perpetual emergency situation & the disparate impact on the border states. Instead of airplanes & buses arriving in the middle of the night, we see residents of Martha Vineyard hugging migrants as they are shipped onward to a military base on Cape Cod. Biden can't sweep this under the rug or create a diversion. He"s forced to engage the problem.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

old salt wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:06 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:25 pm As I noted earlier, something good may very well come from all this and in the end Biden will receive all the credit. Wonder when the dossier is gonna drop? ;)
Bingo ! It focuses attention on the lack of a coherent strategy to deal with this perpetual emergency situation & the disparate impact on the border states. Instead of airplanes & buses arriving in the middle of the night, we see residents of Martha Vineyard hugging migrants as they are shipped onward to a military base on Cape Cod. Biden can't sweep this under the rug or create a diversion. He"s forced to engage the problem.
Yeah, good one. It’s an effort to refocus Americans away from the GOP Dog that caught the car when Dobbs was decided. You’re delusional.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:19 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:06 pm
Yeah, good one. It’s an effort to refocus Americans away from the GOP Dog that caught the car when Dobbs was decided. You’re delusional.
NIMBY !!! :oops: ....stop whining & get on with welcoming your communities' newly arriving service employees.

https://centerofhelp.org/

Return to “POLITICS”