Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:54 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:45 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:28 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:17 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:16 am Hmmmm. where would I rather be, Martha's Vinyard or TIjuana? MV must really be going down hill. :roll:
Christianity seems to be :roll:
Certainly in your case, since you like to judge everyone.
I think it would helpful for you to explain your actual views, without the sarcasm, including any direct acknowledgment you'd like to make as to DeSantis' appropriation of "Christian" religious rhetoric in his justifications of what I'm sure seacoaster and others would consider purely dog-whistle politics.

I'm assuming your views aren't actually all-in supportive of what DeSantis and Abbott are doing.
I am not going down this foxhole with the 3 of you. Go back and read my back and forth with afan last evening in this thread.
That was the basis of my sense that you would be able to explain yourself in this instance.

I didn't find that back and forth with a fan to reveal anymore than you both think that both parties, generically, want a political issue and don't want to actually solve the issues.

But that doesn't address this tactic, which you seem to be defending.
I'm guessing that you can explain your views better than just more sarcasm and whataboutism.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:01 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:50 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:46 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:49 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:24 am
Perfect....so all the reporting thus far by the left was wrong, those 50 did know what they were doing and where they were going. Thanks for proving the pearl clutching was a façade.
Thanks for your altogether Christian take on scoring political points through effective human trafficking. It's always a pleasure when the masks come off. WWJD.
"Human trafficking."
You can always spot an offended liberal when they try to paint something with the worst possible brush/label.
Hyperbole much?
Fair point. It's not human trafficking. That's not an accurate term.
And sure, "offended liberal" is probably accurate...but we all should be offended, "liberal" or not.

I'd put the same request above made of youth to you Kram.
Why should we be offended?
It should offend our sense of morality.

It's a gross political tactic, being spun out with false promises to vulnerable people, legally in the US, with fanfare on propaganda media. Even worse (IMO) is the false usage of "Christian" rhetoric as justification.

That should offend us. It's shameful.

But a big part of country is post-shame.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:07 am
Perfect....so all the reporting thus far by the left was wrong, those 50 did know what they were doing and where they were going. Thanks for proving the pearl clutching was a façade.
Thanks for your altogether Christian take on scoring political points through effective human trafficking. It's always a pleasure when the masks come off. WWJD.
"Human trafficking."
You can always spot an offended liberal when they try to paint something with the worst possible brush/label.
Hyperbole much?
And sure, "offended liberal" is probably accurate...but we all should be offended, "liberal" or not.

It's a gross political tactic, being spun out with false promises to vulnerable people, legally in the US, with fanfare on propaganda media. Even worse (IMO) is the false usage of "Christian" rhetoric as justification.

I had this conversation with a devout Catholic friend…he basically said, “at the end of the day these are human beings…we seem to forget that”. But hey, dumping people off in Bethesda, Herndon, Cherry Hill, Chatham, the Hamptons, Cape Cod or Martha’s Vineyard is reasonable because it riles up the liberal elite.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

"Human trafficking."
Hyperbole much?

Because Reverse Freedom Rides should offend you. Same rationale given today for these migrants.

Ned Touchstone, The Citizens Councils and The Councilor

The following biography of Ned Touchstone is taken from:
Extremism on the Right: A Handbook, (New York: Anti-Defamation League, 1983) p.138
Ned Touchstone, 57, a longtime resident of Shreveport, Louisiana, has served as an editor and distributor of racist hate literature for over two decades. Touchstone worked for several local Louisiana weeklies and owned his own printing company, Bossier Press, before he became associated with the militantly segregationist Louisiana Citizens' Council. As a state board member and secretary of this group, Touchstone played an active role in the Council's fight against civil rights laws during the 1960s.

Since its inception in 1962, Ned Touchstone has served as editor of The Councilor, an openly racist and anti-Semitic hate sheet. For a number of years, The Councilor functioned as the semi-monthly house organ of the Louisiana Citizens' Council, a group which professed two goals: "States rights and Segregation of the races." Later, a non-profit organization called Councilor Research became owner and publisher of the monthly periodical.

Articles in The Councilor have frequently attacked Jews in general and the ADL in particular. Touchstone's newspaper has stated that, "the ADL (sometimes called the 'Russian Mafia') is composed of anti-Christ Khazars. . ." In addition, ADL and "its international connections with communism" have figured prominently in anti-Semitic conspiracy stories published by The Councilor. Based in Touchstone's home town of Shreveport, The Councilor has recently claimed a total circulation of 18,000.

Touchstone has offered for sale anti-Semitic and other racist literature through the National Biographic Society, which has operated from Touchstone's home address. Titles distributed through the National Biographic Society have included Rise of the House of Rothschild, The Red Network and The Rising Tide of Color, as well as "truth-pak," a collection of pamphlets and newsclips promoting bigotry.

Touchstone has been linked to Willis Carto's right-wing extremist group, Liberty Lobby. Besides holding a seat on their Board of Policy, he has been a featured speaker at several gatherings sponsored by Liberty Lobby. Touchstone himself has stated that, 'The Councilor and Liberty Lobby are on the same side 99% of the time." Concerning the notorious anti-Semite Carto, Touchstone added, "I consider Willis Carto of Liberty Lobby one of the greatest living Americans. . ."

Touchstone has been affiliated with The American Mercury, a once respectable literary magazine which has since become a voice of anti-Jewish hate. Until 1980, Touchstone was listed among others as a contributing editor of the publication. Subsequently, The American Mercury relocated from California to Texas, where Touchstone took over the magazine's management. Lately, his name has appeared on the masthead as "financial editor."
“I wish you would!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

"Human trafficking."
Hyperbole much?

Perfect. Thanks. Have a good weekend.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:33 am But hey, dumping people off in Bethesda, Herndon, Cherry Hill, Chatham, the Hamptons, Cape Cod or Martha’s Vineyard is reasonable because it riles up the liberal elite.
Do you think these people had a specific destination in mind when the came here? Other than getting into the US and possibly finding a relative or relative of a friend who could put them up while they get their feet under them - all they know is the siren song of US freedom and opportunity. They are here. In their minds, the deeper into the US they get, the less they perceive the threat of INS.

Folks are getting all up in arms - do we know if these people were forced to travel? I have heard some saying that they chose to. It isn't like the life waiting for them in Miami or Brownsville or Las Cruces or Tuscon is some shining bed of luxury.

Of course it was a political stunt - but we don't know the specifics of how these people came to be on the planes or buses (or least I don't) - in classic SJW superiority bigotry of low expectations lefties are assuming that these people are so stupid and manipulable that they got pushed around against their will.

But the truth is we don't know.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Typical Lax Dad

HooDat wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:59 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:33 am But hey, dumping people off in Bethesda, Herndon, Cherry Hill, Chatham, the Hamptons, Cape Cod or Martha’s Vineyard is reasonable because it riles up the liberal elite.
Do you think these people had a specific destination in mind when the came here? Other than getting into the US and possibly finding a relative or relative of a friend who could put them up while they get their feet under them - all they know is the siren song of US freedom and opportunity. They are here. In their minds, the deeper into the US they get, the less they perceive the threat of INS.

Folks are getting all up in arms - do we know if these people were forced to travel? I have heard some saying that they chose to. It isn't like the life waiting for them in Miami or Brownsville or Las Cruces or Tuscon is some shining bed of luxury.

Of course it was a political stunt - but we don't know the specifics of how these people came to be on the planes or buses (or least I don't) - in classic SJW superiority bigotry of low expectations lefties are assuming that these people are so stupid and manipulable that they got pushed around against their will.

But the truth is we don't know.
No…..

You have a record of that which is in bold.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

These immigrants weren't actually harmed. In any way. Quite the opposite. They travelled hundreds of dangerous miles from Venezuela and you think another commercial bus or plain ride to the heart of our country was harmful? Greyhound and economy class isn't THAT bad. :lol: They are getting the help they need in places that WANT to help them. Seems that a better option than letting them languish in a border state that doesn't have enough resources or political will to help all of them.

You are upset about the publicity pointing out more failed immigration policy. Now under Biden's watch. As I've said ad nauseum here. I welcome immigrants. All of them. From everywhere/anywhere. They make this country better in every possible way. But our system has been exploitive and broken for DECADES. And neither party fixes it. You should be more ticked about our country's terrible immigration plan and excited that someone is actually shining a light on it.

What's it gonna take to fix it? Because nothing that's happened in the past 30 years has made an impact.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:05 pm These immigrants weren't actually harmed. In any way. Quite the opposite. They travelled hundreds of dangerous miles from Venezuela and you think another commercial bus or plain ride to the heart of our country was harmful? Greyhound and economy class isn't THAT bad. :lol: They are getting the help they need in places that WANT to help them. Seems that a better option than letting them languish in a border state that doesn't have enough resources or political will to help all of them.

You are upset about the publicity pointing out more failed immigration policy. Now under Biden's watch. As I've said ad nauseum here. I welcome immigrants. All of them. From everywhere/anywhere. They make this country better in every possible way. But our system has been exploitive and broken for DECADES. And neither party fixes it. You should be more ticked about our country's terrible immigration plan and excited that someone is actually shining a light on it.

What's it gonna take to fix it? Because nothing that's happened in the past 30 years has made an impact.
The folks sent to Hyannis weren’t harmed either. Shipping those folks to MV helps with the bold…

Deplorable
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:33 am
"Human trafficking."
Hyperbole much?

I had this conversation with a devout Catholic friend…he basically said, “at the end of the day these are human beings…we seem to forget that”. But hey, dumping people off in Bethesda, Herndon, Cherry Hill, Chatham, the Hamptons, Cape Cod or Martha’s Vineyard is reasonable because it riles up the liberal elite.
I don't have an issue with the destinations, just the process of not coordinating with the local governments, aid agencies, federal government etc...all to dog whistle the dogs.

The dogs hear it loud and clear and are howling in satisfaction, and the sugar-coating with "Christian" rhetoric enables those who would be uncomfortable with blatant bigotry to pretend all is to the good...
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:20 pm
"Human trafficking."
Hyperbole much?

I don't have an issue with the destinations, just the process of not coordinating with the local governments, aid agencies, federal government etc...all to dog whistle the dogs.
Neither do I. The destination was purposely chosen for shock. Dog whistle. Of all the places in Massachusetts, they were shipped to Martha’s Vineyard to make a point. Next plane is probably headed to Nantucket Island.
“I wish you would!”
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:22 pm Next plane is probably headed to Nantucket Island.
Nah - next plane is heading to Greenwich, then the Hamptons..... :lol: :shock:

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

HooDat wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:26 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:22 pm Next plane is probably headed to Nantucket Island.
East Hampton local government CLOSED their airport recently. Nearest air facility is 50 miles away in the middle of REPUBLICAN Suffolk County.

Nearest airport to Greenwich is in New York (Westchester County Airport). It likely isn't on the GOP list as the town is exclusively REPUBLICAN and, additionally Judge Judy lives there and you don't want to mess with HER.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Kismet wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:39 pm
East Hampton local government CLOSED their airport recently. Nearest air facility is 50 miles away in the middle of REPUBLICAN Suffolk County.

Nearest airport to Greenwich is in New York (Westchester County Airport). It likely isn't on the GOP list as the town is exclusively REPUBLICAN and, additionally Judge Judy lives there and you don't want to mess with HER.
then buses it is! :lol:

Typical Lax Dad

Wouldn’t surprise me.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

HooDat wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:45 pm
Kismet wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:39 pm

then buses it is! :lol:
They worked before!… :lol:
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:20 pm
"Human trafficking."
Hyperbole much?

The dogs hear it loud and clear and are howling in satisfaction, and the sugar-coating with "Christian" rhetoric enables those who would be uncomfortable with blatant bigotry to pretend all is to the good...
Those Christian boogeymen are as good a straw man as any.

I'd hope people were more upset about the unenforced policies and the root problem itself, rather than just howling about the politicization of the problem.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:24 pm I'd hope people were more upset about the unenforced policies and the root problem itself, rather than just howling about the politicization of the problem.
nah, it's more important to show fealty to your chosen team.... ;)

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

HooDat wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:26 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:24 pm I'd hope people were more upset about the unenforced policies and the root problem itself, rather than just howling about the politicization of the problem.
nah, it's more important to show fealty to your chosen team.... ;)
Unfortunately, that is really the issue.

Immigration got terrible under Reagan/Bush1, continued unchanged under Clinton's watch, decidedly worse under Bush2 etc etc etc, under Obama, Trump and now Biden.

It's sad that an effective immigration program, something our country has executed well in the past (and a tenet that the country is built upon and has prided itself upon for generations) has been the biggest failure of this country for the past 30+ years.

Return to “POLITICS”