OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Incoming Eagles

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Us Boston College fans will have to keep an eye out...

OuttaNowhereWregget

I hope BC posts something like this.

Still waiting on a couple/few Eagles...

(edit: downsized photograph)
Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Northwestern Wildcats, Martin Stadium and the return of Izzy Scane

I'm sure there are equally scenic backdrops at the many stadiums and fields across the country, but Martin Stadium on the shores of Lake Michigan will always be one of my favorites. Very much looking forward to the return of Izzy Warrior to the ranks of the Purple Gang. She is a real treat to watch. It's been way too long since I've seen her play. I'm guessing there are many goaltenders whose knees start shaking when they see Isabelle Rae Scane bearing down on them like a locomotive. I'm hoping she isn't diminished the way Hawryschuk was after her ACL. Much different looking team since she was last romping and stomping for the Wildcats. Her friend and teammate Erin Coykendall is there still. The two of them had some real chemistry developing in '21. Hopefully that is still there with the potential to increase in '23.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Taylor Pinzone joins Cornell as Assistant Coach

Good luck, Taylor! (Us Massachusetts natives always cheer for each other 😉)

https://cornellbigred.com/news/2022/8/2 ... staff.aspx
BCLax24

Re: Who Will Emerge Next Season?

Post by BCLax24 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:03 am One of the many exciting aspects to a new season of NCAA women's lacrosse is the anticipation of which players will emerge from the bench and/or underclass to impress and dazzle on the field. Case in point in 2022 was BC's Kayla Martello. The sophomore midfielder got the vote of confidence from Coach Acacia to become a starter. She didn't disappoint scoring 51 goals, 6 assists, 5 GB's, 5 CT's and 3 DC's. She's bold to the cage and developing into an aggressive and effective redefender. At 5' 8" she's difficult to defend and deceptively swift to get away from on the ride. She should be that much more impressive in '23. But who will emerge from BC? Someone named Hasselbeck? Agostino? Or maybe a junior who suddenly impresses so much as to demand more playing time? We'll see soon enough. Only 193 days till opening draw...

Interesting post. I think Mallory Hasselbeck is the easy answer to this question, because she is the direct replacement for Charlotte North. Ava Besson would be my dark horse as a freshman, because I think she will start from day one in place of Caitlyn Mossman (fellow lefty attacker.) McKenna Davis should also be considered as a lefty attacker coming off of a strong freshman year. Other long shot candidates would be summer Agostino, because she didn’t get much play during her first year, but she clearly has a ton of potential, and I would also throw in Annie Walsh, because she was a major contributor offensively her sophomore year but got phased out last year due to the logjam at the midfield position.

The second string middies from last season (Andrea Reynolds and Ryan Smith) were not overly impressive in my opinion.
BCLax24

Re: Incoming Eagles

Post by BCLax24 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:45 am Us Boston College fans will have to keep an eye out...

Absolutely stacked incoming class. The 2023 class is possibly even better and hopefully the trend continues from there!
Can Opener

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget—Opinions, photos, highlights, news, etc.

Post by Can Opener »

Awfully quiet around here without you, ONW. I trust all is well and that you’re just taking a knee for a couple of reps.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget—Opinions, photos, highlights, news, etc.

Can Opener wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:53 pm Awfully quiet around here without you, ONW. I trust all is well and that you’re just taking a knee for a couple of reps.
Thanks, CO. Your well wishes are greatly appreciated. Involved with some other things in my life these days. No ills or complaints. Best to you and yours.

Oh, and uh...Go Eagles!
OuttaNowhereWregget

The Insufferable Chelonian Chant--On and on it goes

No team in all of sports makes with this incessant chest pounding about what they've accomplished. Is it any wonder folks love to root against them and revel in their losses. My, what astounding embouchure they've built up over the years. I need the large air sick bag, please.

Dr. Tact

Re: Waiting patiently for the interminably long offseason to pass...

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:31 pm Image
Search out Fall ball opportunities/alumnae games....I will be heading to Loyola on Saturday
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:33 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:31 pm
Search out Fall ball opportunities/alumnae games....I will be heading to Loyola on Saturday
New experience for you this year, huh Doc? The ol’ Green and Grey won’t be the same without a certain midfielder out there...
OuttaNowhereWregget

Search out Fall ball opportunities/alumnae games.
As for me, games that don’t count in the standings have never created any excitement.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:26 pm
As for me, games that don’t count in the standings have never created any excitement.
Well, I just assumed you were jonesing and "waiting for the man". That was my reasoning - that you needed some Lax to get you through. Ignore my suggestion.
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:19 am
Well, I just assumed you were jonesing and "waiting for the man". That was my reasoning - that you needed some Lax to get you through. Ignore my suggestion.
That's what you get for trying to be helpful. Oh well.
OuttaNowhereWregget

cltlax wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:56 am
That's what you get for trying to be helpful. Oh well.
Just sharing my feelings on the matter. I meant no disrespect. It’s always a slippery slope to read tone into the printed word. No ill will intended, I assure you.

Hope you enjoy your trip to Loyola, Doc.
OuttaNowhereWregget

By the way—cool reference to Nico and the Velvet Underground there. First song of theirs that ever registered with me.
OuttaNowhereWregget

In The Heat of Battle

One of the elements of women’s lacrosse that I find electrifying is the dynamic transformation from intent player to bellowing warrior. Here—the typically stately and dignified Liza Elder upon scoring a crucial late game tying goal becomes a fighter in the heat of battle—tendons straining, uninhibited warcry emitting. Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand endwise. Every time.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”