Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by youthathletics »

Perfect....so all the reporting thus far by the left was wrong, those 50 did know what they were doing and where they were going. Thanks for proving the pearl clutching was a façade.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:24 am
Perfect....so all the reporting thus far by the left was wrong, those 50 did know what they were doing and where they were going. Thanks for proving the pearl clutching was a façade.
Reverse Freedom Riders knew where they were going also…..So nothing to see in the cult fevered brain. Just Pearl clutching. Chaney, Goodman and Schwerner probably knew where they wete going too.
“I wish you would!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Thanks for your altogether Christian take on scoring political points through effective human trafficking. It's always a pleasure when the masks come off. WWJD.
Typical Lax Dad

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:49 am
Thanks for your altogether Christian take on scoring political points through effective human trafficking. It's always a pleasure when the masks come off. WWJD.
Hector volunteered to be dropped off on Martha’s Vineyard…..left wing media is making a mountain out of a mole hill. DeSantis is there to help.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:19 am Taryn Fenske, DeSantis' communications director, has confirmed that Florida legislator approved the use of $12 million to "transport illegal immigrants to sanctuary destinations," in line with federal law, as reported by the Associated Press.

The information provided by Fenske is confirmed by the Freedom First budget for Fiscal Year 2022-2023 approved by DeSantis on June 2, a $109.9 billion state budget bill that included a program to transport immigrants out of the state.

The governor then approved for the program to be funded using $12 million accrued from Florida's share of the federally funded Coronavirus State Fiscal Recovery Fund, appropriated to the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT).

Notably, as Newsweek has reported previously, Coronavirus State Fiscal Recovery Fund is part of Biden's American Rescue Plan legislation, which DeSantis and other Republicans opposed.
From the Freedom First Budget highlight summary:

Illegal Immigration
The Freedom First Budget includes $8 million to implement a program to assist the state’s efforts to protect against harms resulting from illegal immigration, and may include the transport of unauthorized aliens located within the state to other states within the United States of America, or the District of Columbia.

http://www.floridaleadsbudget.com/conte ... lights.pdf
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Hmmmm. where would I rather be, Martha's Vinyard or TIjuana? MV must really be going down hill. :roll:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:16 am Hmmmm. where would I rather be, Martha's Vinyard or TIjuana? MV must really be going down hill. :roll:
Christianity seems to be :roll:
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:17 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:16 am Hmmmm. where would I rather be, Martha's Vinyard or TIjuana? MV must really be going down hill. :roll:
Certainly in your case, since you like to judge everyone.
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:32 am
Reverse Freedom Riders knew where they were going also…..So nothing to see in the cult fevered brain. Just Pearl clutching. Chaney, Goodman and Schwerner probably knew where they wete going too.
This is indeed the right analogy.
Same logic, same 'justification', same BS "Christian" rhetoric from those doing it.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:28 am
I think it is fair to judge, when the issue is using human beings to make political points, by flying them away from one state, under the auspices of another state's anti-immigrant legislation, to a third state. This is just a really disgraceful thing. Or you are working to give it a pass. I get to judge that.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:35 am
Same logic, same 'justification', same BS.
Same racism.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:36 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:35 am
Same logic, same 'justification', same BS.
Same racism.
Yes, as well as the same BS "Christian" rhetoric as justification by those doing it.
Most people really don't like the taste of racism in their mouths, so they reach to religious rhetoric to 'sweeten' it up.

Sweet Jesus.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I think it would helpful for you to explain your actual views, without the sarcasm, including any direct acknowledgment you'd like to make as to DeSantis' appropriation of "Christian" religious rhetoric in his justifications of what I'm sure seacoaster and others would consider purely dog-whistle politics.

I'm assuming your views aren't actually all-in supportive of what DeSantis and Abbott are doing.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

"Human trafficking."
You can always spot an offended liberal when they try to paint something with the worst possible brush/label.
Hyperbole much?

It's also rich when a liberal questions someone's view on Christianity given their party's MAIN voting issue and biggest vote driver in 2024.
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

I don’t claim to be good….I am not deceptive… ;)
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:46 am
"Human trafficking."
You can always spot an offended liberal when they try to paint something with the worst possible brush/label.
Hyperbole much?
Fair point. It's not human trafficking. That's not an accurate term.
And sure, "offended liberal" is probably accurate...but we all should be offended, "liberal" or not.

I'd put the same request above made of youth to you Kram.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

"Human trafficking."
Hyperbole much?
Yup....and yet, nary a word about those in Westchester, arriving unannounced in the dark of the night. Not until someone with an R by their name did this was it an issue.

~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:45 am
I think it would helpful for you to explain your actual views, without the sarcasm, including any direct acknowledgment you'd like to make as to DeSantis' appropriation of "Christian" religious rhetoric in his justifications of what I'm sure seacoaster and others would consider purely dog-whistle politics.

I'm assuming your views aren't actually all-in supportive of what DeSantis and Abbott are doing.
I am not going down this foxhole with the 3 of you. Go back and read my back and forth with afan last evening in this thread.
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:51 am
"Human trafficking."
Hyperbole much?
Yup....and yet, nary a word about those in Westchester, arriving unannounced in the dark of the night. Not until someone with an R by their name did this was it an issue.

Not the same. HHS distributing children to HHS care in other areas.
Not dumping them on the tarmac, no warning to local officials who then need to pick up the tab, jump into action.

Calling propaganda news but not the local officials, all an intentionally political stunt.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:50 am
"Human trafficking."
Hyperbole much?
Fair point. It's not human trafficking. That's not an accurate term.
And sure, "offended liberal" is probably accurate...but we all should be offended, "liberal" or not.

I'd put the same request above made of youth to you Kram.
Why should we be offended?

Return to “POLITICS”