Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by youthathletics »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:17 pm "Our island jumped into action putting together 50 beds, giving everyone a good meal, providing a play area for the children, making sure people have the healthcare and support they need. We are a community that comes together to support immigrants." - https://twitter.com/RepDylan/status/1570223926155874305

DeSantis sent 50 migrants to Martha's Vineyard by plane as an anti-liberal stunt. The locals pulled together to help them.

Imagine spending $240,000 per person, with taxpayer funds no less, to try and "own the libs."
...and then proceed to tell everyone...."but they have to go". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U6y1UmUTnQ
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:22 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:17 pm "Our island jumped into action putting together 50 beds, giving everyone a good meal, providing a play area for the children, making sure people have the healthcare and support they need. We are a community that comes together to support immigrants." - https://twitter.com/RepDylan/status/1570223926155874305

DeSantis sent 50 migrants to Martha's Vineyard by plane as an anti-liberal stunt. The locals pulled together to help them.

Imagine spending $240,000 per person, with taxpayer funds no less, to try and "own the libs."
...and then proceed to tell everyone...."but they have to go". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U6y1UmUTnQ
Very Christian like of the good Governor
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

:lol: :lol: :lol:

“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Did I read this right, he spent FL taxpayer money to fly these people from TEXAS?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:41 pm

Did I read this right, he spent FL taxpayer money to fly these people from TEXAS?
Took me aback as well...competing on the how low can you go limbo...
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-p ... utType=amp

The Republican governor, a strategic politician who is up for reelection in November, is increasingly using biblical references in speeches that cater to those who see policy fights through a morality lens and is flirting with those who embrace nationalist ideas that see the true identity of the nation as Christian.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:20 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:56 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:51 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:43 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:37 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:13 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:39 pm Sometimes you just have to punch someone in the belly to get their attention. I am sure one or two of those mansions can house an additional 50 guests. :D
Since Biden took office (28 months), his administration has allowed in more than one million migrants, many of whom will wait months or years for hearings because of legal and procedural backlogs. More than a million migrants similarly detained at the border were similarly admitted to the country on a temporary basis over a 24 month stretch of the Trump administration, according to Migration Policy Institute.

This is a stunt before an election and not, in any way, an offer to jointly address the problem. Florida chartered two planes (with taxpayer funds), flew them to San Antonio TX to pick up migrants to fly them to Massachusetts, alerted Faux News but not authorities at destination or departure which might even be illegal. Garbage BS which I'd expect you to be honest about rather than making a bad joke.

Until Congress and Executive decide to even attempt to deal with the issues, the rest of us are left with the BS by our elected officials of BOTH parties who won't do their jobs.
Typical partisan lean, before actually getting to the point I made above.

Well, it was in the budget... :lol: And I am quite sure, the majoriy in Florida and Texas will be willing to spend even more next year. Maybe you can send Desantis your zipcode and your city can be the next stop. ;)

Taryn Fenske, DeSantis' communications director, has confirmed that Florida legislator approved the use of $12 million to "transport illegal immigrants to sanctuary destinations," in line with federal law, as reported by the Associated Press.

The information provided by Fenske is confirmed by the Freedom First budget for Fiscal Year 2022-2023 approved by DeSantis on June 2, a $109.9 billion state budget bill that included a program to transport immigrants out of the state.
IMHO not partisan at all.
Common sense and cooperation on the part off our elected representatives
These politicians accepted THE SAME NUMBER OF MIGRANTS OVER A SIMILAR PERIOD WHEN THEIR GUY WAS IN CHARGE. They sent NONE anywhere.

Can we assume you'd feel the same way if they were sent to YOUR location instead of mine? :oops:
I'd be fine with it. You forget, I live in the DMV....we certainly have more than our share. And yet the intolerant wealthy in Mass, show their true colors.

I don't live in Massachusetts. That isn't the point and you know it. Stuff like this IMHO makes it impossible to have a discussion. Not only is it not remotely funny but your attitude isn't conducive to any kind of conversation. Very sad. Sayonara. :oops:
Conversations with our pols, have gone no where, for decades....which is the point of what has taken place in this instance. Again, as my initial comment in our thread stated "Sometimes you just have to punch someone in the belly to get their attention". I am willing to bet, that something good will come from this, although not immediately, b/c it would then appear like this recent tactic worked.
Not a chance.

Do you see any Immigration bills going through committees, YA?

I keep telling you----this is why Trump and the Republicans will NEVER solve the immigration problem: they get to play this "the Dems have open borders" game forever. They've been playing you for 20+ years now, and have no intention of changing their tactics so long as you keep falling for it.

Where's the bill? Show me the immigration reform bill that your party will pass if they win in November. Remember things like "platforms" and "legislation" that Republican passed up until the year 2000? Gingrich and his Welfare Reform? A bill that actually worked?

The Republicans don't have a plan, YA. Guess what that means? This stupid stunt by DeSantis? THAT is the plan they are giving you: stick it to the libs, and hope you don't notice that they've stopped legislating and running the country efficiently.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:39 pm Sometimes you just have to punch someone in the belly to get their attention. I am sure one or two of those mansions can house an additional 50 guests. :D
Since Biden took office (28 months), his administration has allowed in more than one million migrants, many of whom will wait months or years for hearings because of legal and procedural backlogs. More than a million migrants similarly detained at the border were similarly admitted to the country on a temporary basis over a 24 month stretch of the Trump administration, according to Migration Policy Institute.

This is a stunt before an election and not, in any way, an offer to jointly address the problem. Florida chartered two planes (with taxpayer funds), flew them to San Antonio TX to pick up migrants to fly them to Massachusetts, alerted Faux News but not authorities at destination or departure which might even be illegal. Garbage BS which I'd expect you to be honest about rather than making a bad joke.

Until Congress and Executive decide to even attempt to deal with the issues, the rest of us are left with the BS by our elected officials of BOTH parties who won't do their jobs.

Well, it was in the budget... :lol: And I am quite sure, the majoriy in Florida and Texas will be willing to spend even more next year. Maybe you can send Desantis your zipcode and your city can be the next stop. ;)

Taryn Fenske, DeSantis' communications director, has confirmed that Florida legislator approved the use of $12 million to "transport illegal immigrants to sanctuary destinations," in line with federal law, as reported by the Associated Press.

The information provided by Fenske is confirmed by the Freedom First budget for Fiscal Year 2022-2023 approved by DeSantis on June 2, a $109.9 billion state budget bill that included a program to transport immigrants out of the state.
These politicians accepted THE SAME NUMBER OF MIGRANTS OVER A SIMILAR PERIOD WHEN THEIR GUY WAS IN CHARGE. They sent NONE anywhere.

Can we assume you'd feel the same way if they were sent to YOUR location instead of mine? :oops:
I'd be fine with it. You forget, I live in the DMV....we certainly have more than our share. And yet the intolerant wealthy in Mass, show their true colors.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

So, it was in the Florida budget to transport immigrants out of Florida...but out of Texas???
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:19 pm So, it was in the Florida budget to transport immigrants out of Florida...but out of Texas???
:lol: That's all your worried about? :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:24 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:19 pm So, it was in the Florida budget to transport immigrants out of Florida...but out of Texas???
I thought you were worried about inefficient uses of government resources?
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:56 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:20 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:56 pm

I don't live in Massachusetts. That isn't the point and you know it. Stuff like this IMHO makes it impossible to have a discussion. Not only is it not remotely funny but your attitude isn't conducive to any kind of conversation. Very sad. Sayonara. :oops:
Conversations with our pols, have gone no where, for decades....which is the point of what has taken place in this instance. Again, as my initial comment in our thread stated "Sometimes you just have to punch someone in the belly to get their attention". I am willing to bet, that something good will come from this, although not immediately, b/c it would then appear like this recent tactic worked.
Not a chance.

Do you see any Immigration bills going through committees, YA?

I keep telling you----this is why Trump and the Republicans will NEVER solve the immigration problem: they get to play this "the Dems have open borders" game forever. They've been playing you for 20+ years now, and have no intention of changing their tactics so long as you keep falling for it.

Where's the bill? Show me the immigration reform bill that your party will pass if they win in November. Remember things like "platforms" and "legislation" that Republican passed up until the year 2000? Gingrich and his Welfare Reform? A bill that actually worked?

The Republicans don't have a plan, YA. Guess what that means? This stupid stunt by DeSantis? THAT is the plan they are giving you: stick it to the libs, and hope you don't notice that they've stopped legislating and running the country efficiently.
I went over your head, either that or you just want to pick a fight where there is none. By "maybe something good will come from this" I was referring to something we can majorly agree on about what is taking place. And yes... it is possible, if you stop worrying about trump and the r's so much. ;)
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:27 pm
Is it your turn to fluff MD? ;)
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:33 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:27 pm
Is it your turn to fluff MD? ;)
No. Just noting more of your deception is all. God answered those migrants’ prayers by delivering those people to this country and these Republican Governors are doing the Devil’s work….and you cheer…true colors.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Of course not.
It's more than stupid stunt. It's an all in dog whistle.

But the dogs do like to bark...just wondering whether those Florida taxpayers know about their tax dollars going for that...and, no, at least as I read it, that's not an approved use.

But DeSantis cares not.

He blowing that whistle as hard as he can think to do.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:32 pm I went over your head, either that or you just want to pick a fight where there is none. By "maybe something good will come from this" I was referring to something we can majorly agree on about what is taking place.
I don't want to pick a fight! I'm telling you what you're getting from your party INSTEAD OF passing a mF'ing bill for the two years that Trump had control.

They didn't do that. They didn't even try. And DeSantis stunt is what you're going to get in it's place. This isn't a wake up call. This is DeSantis being a d*ck to get his base happy. And if DeSantis gets elected? He'll have the same stupid boatload of excuses as to "gee whiz guys, we just can't go after big businesses and throw managers in jail"....so he won't flip on Everify, won't fix our visa system, and not one Republican voter will care.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:30 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:32 pm I went over your head, either that or you just want to pick a fight where there is none. By "maybe something good will come from this" I was referring to something we can majorly agree on about what is taking place.
I don't want to pick a fight! I'm telling you what you're getting from your party INSTEAD OF passing a mF'ing bill for the two years that Trump had control.

They didn't do that. They didn't even try. And DeSantis stunt is what you're going to get in it's place. This isn't a wake up call. This is DeSantis being a d*ck to get his base happy. And if DeSantis gets elected? He'll have the same stupid boatload of excuses as to "gee whiz guys, we just can't go after big businesses and throw managers in jail"....so he won't flip on Everify, won't fix our visa system, and not one Republican voter will care.
I believe we both agree. I also believe that what is going on at our border is completely accepted by most of pols (hence neither side does anything) and they use it as a wedge issue, as you pick up on in our comments.

Just look how it gets us (collectively) inner-feuding. In their minds, it works, keeps us playing sides, grows and entrenches the base, and so on.
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:31 pm I believe we both agree. I also believe that what is going on at our border is completely accepted by most of pols (hence neither side does anything) and they use it as a wedge issue, as you pick up on in our comments.

Just look how it gets us (collectively) inner-feuding. In their minds, it works, keeps us playing sides, grows and entrenches the base, and so on.
You got it. And we absolutely agree. That's what I've been saying for years. What needs to happen is 1. the Republican voters need to wake up, and figure out that they're getting played by their party, who have NO INTENTION of fixing this problem. They drool like Pavlovian dogs anytime their leaders utter "open borders". Stop falling for it...the border has been porous for decades. Stop acting like everything is fine when the little R is in office.

2. Dem voters need to stop believing that the Dems are the compassionate ones. They could've addressed this in Obama's first two years. Instead? They did nothing, cowtowing to their 1%er owners who BENEFIT from the chaos.

I see that the left-----the REAL left----have long caught on to this game, and can't stand Biden or Kamala. If the right catches on? We'd be cooking with fire.

Until then? Nothing will happen. Status quo.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

The governor then approved for the program to be funded using $12 million accrued from Florida's share of the federally funded Coronavirus State Fiscal Recovery Fund, appropriated to the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT).

Notably, as Newsweek has reported previously, Coronavirus State Fiscal Recovery Fund is part of Biden's American Rescue Plan legislation, which DeSantis and other Republicans opposed.

Return to “POLITICS”