media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: media matters

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:02 am The 5'9" volleyball player is a setter.
Reasonable probability she's a pawn
in her godmother's game too.
I was asking about the godmother. I can’t believe she was playing and made these allegations. She still had eligibility?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

"Horse has been beat to death, revived, and beat to death again. We all think what we think."

It's amazing how spooled up you are about this.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:10 am
"Horse has been beat to death, revived, and beat to death again. We all think what we think."

I wonder how one comes across a Ben Shapiro video, that twitter history and the other stuff? Algorithms not delivering that type of content to me. My search history and what I interact with must be different.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:04 am
I was asking about the godmother. I can’t believe she was playing and made these allegations. She still had eligibility?
No idea about her eligibility, does seem to be older and older student athletes these days, so maybe.
She wasn't playing but you can see plenty of her allegations in her tweets (you probably didn't read
those either) including the one above the picture of her with her goddaughter. I'd guess her to be a
setter too, just smells...oops, I mean, seems to me as if that's what she does, sets people up.

More gaslighting, diversion, and inaccurate insinuations from you TLD, but keep swinging.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Meh, from one with nearly 20K posts and the other with nearly 26K it appears to me as if you two are spooled longer and more often than I am. Jus' sayin'.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:44 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:04 am
No idea about her eligibility, does seem to be older and older student athletes these days, so maybe.
She wasn't playing but you can see plenty of her allegations in her tweets (you probably didn't read
those either) including the one above the picture of her with her goddaughter. I'd guess her to be a
setter too, just smells...oops, I mean, seems to me as if that's what she does, sets people up.

More gaslighting, diversion, and inaccurate insinuations from you TLD, but keep swinging.
Auntie’s allegations were the basis of the testimony? She was at the game?
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

The gaslighting pertained to your bullschidt about what I'm being fed and why.
The allegations from the godmother are there for you to read. Apparently she
didn't need to play in or be at the game to make them.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:48 am

Meh, from one with nearly 20K posts and the other with nearly 26K it appears to me as if you two are spooled longer and more often than I am. Jus' sayin'.
nope, you raised this as something you were ticked off about...I hadn't heard about it at all, but used the google machine (and your links) to learn enough to begin to understand its complications.

My interests (and posting addiction!) are diverse and almost never inflamed.
I find fellow poster's contributions to often contain information and views, reflecting their interests, with which I am not familiar or with which I am not deeply knowledgeable. I find engaging on these topics to usually generate additional insights.

That includes yours.

When I have a strong opinion, I explain my logic and engage with the logic of others.
If I have knowledge or experiences I think are relevant, I share them.

when I do a bit of additional research on a topic raised by someone, I share it.
Example: your post about whipped cream on the regulation thread.
Your recent post reflected some misinformation (IMO), I shared what I think is corrective information that I found easily with a quick google search.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:00 am The gaslighting pertained to your bullschidt about what I'm being fed and why.
How often does that pawn see her auntie? My kids saw their godparents maybe once a year…as they got older, it was less but we have a lot of pictures from when they do get together….the facts are in. The incident was deemed to be inconclusive but that’s probably just PC…. ;)
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:00 am The gaslighting pertained to your bullschidt about what I'm being fed and why.
DMAC, the godmother's flaming had been covered amply earlier in the discussion.
No one argued that she wasn't flaming, seeming to exaggerate the player's experience for maximum effect.

Why the need to raise her again, right after saying "Horse has been beat to death, revived, and beat to death again. We all think what we think."

Did you really go to google to find that stuff after saying that?
Or were you fed it on a social media platform?
DMac

Post by DMac »

I didn't know the racist b*itch godmother's name until I heard it yesterday on one of the Stephen A., like clips.
Misspelled (Lesa, not Lisa) and all I googled it and was able to find out a little about her which I posted here. I posted it
because while the godmother had been mentioned all along this brought to light just who and what the godmother
is.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:59 am This is not good. I was having trouble believing this could have happened without people jumping all over the guy doing (not) the yelling. Lot of crying wolf going on here.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk ... 2a940d6d48
This article went into the godmother hard.
I bothered to read your link.

"racist b*itch"...a lot in that description.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:04 am
How often does that pawn see her auntie? My kids saw their godparents maybe once a year…as they got older, it was less but we have a lot of pictures from when they do get together….the facts are in. The incident was deemed to be inconclusive but that’s probably just PC…. ;)
If you looked at the picture you saw the two of them wearing Duke volleyball shirts.
I don't think that was taken when she just a little girl, I'd guess relatively recently.
Can't answer your question about how often she sees her.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:25 am
If you looked at the picture you saw the two of them wearing Duke volleyball shirts.
I don't think that was taken when she just a little girl, I'd guess relatively recently.
Who said the photo was taken when she was a little girl? And you can’t answer my question but you know the gal brought up the allegations because she is a pawn? How is that?
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Actually, in the picture you posted, the youngster is wearing a Black Lives Matter shirt.
Does that make her a race baiter and a liar, perhaps??? Or a "pawn"?

Godmother is wearing a "Let's go Duke" shirt, likely a gift sometime after her admission to Duke.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:31 am
Actually, in the picture you posted, the youngster is wearing a Black Lives Matter shirt.
Does that make her a race baiter and a liar, perhaps??? Or a "pawn"?

Godmother is wearing a "Let's go Duke" shirt, likely a gift sometime after her admission to Duke.
Eyewitnesses say it read Duke Volleyball. It says “Let’s go Duke”…it was a lie. :lol:
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:24 am
DMac wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:59 am This is not good. I was having trouble believing this could have happened without people jumping all over the guy doing (not) the yelling. Lot of crying wolf going on here.

Right you are, it is there. Read the article but obviously not as closely as you did.

Her Uvalde shooter comment is plenty deserving of her being called a racist in my book.
When you're that cold and ugly, and that kind of incident is more about color to you, yeah,
you're a racist b*itch.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:17 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:41 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:21 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:56 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:38 pm This aint the 70s when you had a bunch of white people on the air talkin' about BYU with kid gloves on, not wanting to address it with the fervor that it deserves. You're listening to brothas now...and sisters, who looked at one of our little sisters and said who the hell do y'all think y'all are?
Watched it for you. Stephen A., the influencer, viewed by and listened to by millions daily, fervently fueling the flame of racism on a well, it might have happened story. Rational thinkers can justify this.
I did watch the jerk and the guy is a flaming a-hole.
Felt quite misogynistic too, going on about a black female singer, etc.

I agree that some of the media flamers went way too far as well.
That is what pizzes me off about the whole thing. You know full well that a story like this is going to blow up and the racism discussion is going to be front and center with heated commentators, talking heads, and race baiters. Do your diligence and fact check the story, find something that can confirm the story before releasing it. This thread is about media matters and it does, UofSC would be one example of why.

No, TLD, no more than you do that she isn't.
Although I can watch the game and not see
or hear anything that she says happened, nor
can anyone else.
I'm with you on the media talking head flamers going too far, too fast...that said, I'd certainly have reported the story out. Serious story.

But don't go over board other than to condemn racist behavior more generally.

But where you lost me was in getting so wound up that you (and heck of a lot of the online comments) concluded that she is a liar...a whole bunch of that online was right away, at the outset doubting it happened...yet this crap happens with all too much frequency.

I continue to find her individually to be credible, and the incidence of misreporting these sorts of things is very low...so, my "bias" is to believe she heard what she says...who said it, or whether she could have even misheard...all possible to not have right...but not likely lying.

I've been on the opposite end of racist taunts way back when I was a youngster wrestling versus inner city Baltimore schools in the mid '70's, at the time nearly 100% black schools due to de facto segregation. The opposing wrestlers all seemed like great guys, no issues ever...but man, walking through the hallway to the gym...yikes, purposely intimidating. I didn't lose any of my matches, but it was a quite hostile environment multiple times...I wouldn't want any athlete to have to put up with such. On the other hand, I greatly appreciated the experience of the old MSA when city publics and privates competed head to head.

But I gotta tell you, it bothered me considerably more when a good friend of my dad's, an NCAA wrestler at UVA in his day, great guy (!), educator at a high level, revered by many, gave me two pieces of advice: the first was fine: when wrapping up a guy in a pinning combination, drive your head into the side of his (not a hit, just pressure into the soft spot), he'll be thinking about that pain instead of his shoulders. Second wasn't: 'when you shake hands, ask him whether his mom has any extra days'. I used the first piece of advice...never forgot the second. And this guy ran a university, later ran a high school coming out of retirement. Other than that, I never saw any evidence of racist views, but yikes.
A buddy that wrestled at always talked about wrestling against Baltimore Dunbar. He respected this guy that he said kicked his ass every year. He had good memories or wrestling there. I loved the stories…. As an aside, his brother dated his housekeeper’s daughter. She had brothers that grew to like him. Great family and he was a great friend. He changed my life. I told his father and his sister that very thing at his memorial service a couple of years ago.
Dunbar was indeed a tough venue. Good wrestlers and they were very into it, packed crowd.
I can't remember whether there or Walbrook or one of the other schools, but basement hallway from locker room to stairs up to gym was lined on both sides...Dunbar is a likely.

That said, it gave a bit of a flavor of what black athletes endured at times at away contests, though not at Gilman.
Always got along well with fellow athletes when we came together at tournaments, etc.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:37 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:24 am

Right you are, it is there. Read the article but obviously not as closely as you did.

Her Uvalde shooter comment is plenty deserving of her being called a racist in my book.
When you're that cold and ugly, and that kind of incident is more about color to you, yeah,
you're a racist b*itch.
I called her a flamer. Means goes hot when inflamed, and easily inflamed.

Her Uvalde- Fox News comment was made by a whole lot of people, and had a big ring of truth to it (unfortunately).
But cherry picking that comment doesn't mean she didn't care about the kids and the community, or policy issues like guns or policing, or government transparency or... she may well have made lots of other comments about the Uvalde shooting.

Your list was made by someone looking specifically for any tweets that in any way involved race. Not others, not context, not discussion.

And put in a list, it makes it look like that's all she thinks about.

That said, I'll stick with flamer...I don't think inflammatory comments are helpful, in general. My son often disagrees with me on that...thinks getting people's attention can matter even more at times. Different view.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:40 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:17 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:41 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:21 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:56 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:38 pm This aint the 70s when you had a bunch of white people on the air talkin' about BYU with kid gloves on, not wanting to address it with the fervor that it deserves. You're listening to brothas now...and sisters, who looked at one of our little sisters and said who the hell do y'all think y'all are?
Watched it for you. Stephen A., the influencer, viewed by and listened to by millions daily, fervently fueling the flame of racism on a well, it might have happened story. Rational thinkers can justify this.
I did watch the jerk and the guy is a flaming a-hole.
Felt quite misogynistic too, going on about a black female singer, etc.

I agree that some of the media flamers went way too far as well.
That is what pizzes me off about the whole thing. You know full well that a story like this is going to blow up and the racism discussion is going to be front and center with heated commentators, talking heads, and race baiters. Do your diligence and fact check the story, find something that can confirm the story before releasing it. This thread is about media matters and it does, UofSC would be one example of why.

No, TLD, no more than you do that she isn't.
Although I can watch the game and not see
or hear anything that she says happened, nor
can anyone else.
I'm with you on the media talking head flamers going too far, too fast...that said, I'd certainly have reported the story out. Serious story.

But don't go over board other than to condemn racist behavior more generally.

But where you lost me was in getting so wound up that you (and heck of a lot of the online comments) concluded that she is a liar...a whole bunch of that online was right away, at the outset doubting it happened...yet this crap happens with all too much frequency.

I continue to find her individually to be credible, and the incidence of misreporting these sorts of things is very low...so, my "bias" is to believe she heard what she says...who said it, or whether she could have even misheard...all possible to not have right...but not likely lying.

I've been on the opposite end of racist taunts way back when I was a youngster wrestling versus inner city Baltimore schools in the mid '70's, at the time nearly 100% black schools due to de facto segregation. The opposing wrestlers all seemed like great guys, no issues ever...but man, walking through the hallway to the gym...yikes, purposely intimidating. I didn't lose any of my matches, but it was a quite hostile environment multiple times...I wouldn't want any athlete to have to put up with such. On the other hand, I greatly appreciated the experience of the old MSA when city publics and privates competed head to head.

But I gotta tell you, it bothered me considerably more when a good friend of my dad's, an NCAA wrestler at UVA in his day, great guy (!), educator at a high level, revered by many, gave me two pieces of advice: the first was fine: when wrapping up a guy in a pinning combination, drive your head into the side of his (not a hit, just pressure into the soft spot), he'll be thinking about that pain instead of his shoulders. Second wasn't: 'when you shake hands, ask him whether his mom has any extra days'. I used the first piece of advice...never forgot the second. And this guy ran a university, later ran a high school coming out of retirement. Other than that, I never saw any evidence of racist views, but yikes.
A buddy that wrestled at always talked about wrestling against Baltimore Dunbar. He respected this guy that he said kicked his ass every year. He had good memories or wrestling there. I loved the stories…. As an aside, his brother dated his housekeeper’s daughter. She had brothers that grew to like him. Great family and he was a great friend. He changed my life. I told his father and his sister that very thing at his memorial service a couple of years ago.
Dunbar was indeed a tough venue. Good wrestlers and they were very into it, packed crowd.
I can't remember whether there or Walbrook or one of the other schools, but basement hallway from locker room to stairs up to gym was lined on both sides...Dunbar is a likely.

That said, it gave a bit of a flavor of what black athletes endured at times at away contests, though not at Gilman.
Always got along well with fellow athletes when we came together at tournaments, etc.
He was a Gilman guy. I wish I could remember the wrestlers name. It will come to me. He loved telling those stories. Another Gilman buddy talks about his mom taking him to see that great Dunbar team play Calvert Hall in hoops….they were sitting in a McDonalds when someone came in and said “the game is sold out”. He thought it was impossible. I loved hearing those Baltimore stories before ever seeing the city.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”