media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: media matters

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:31 pm Pretty much what I expected, now tell me more about rational thinkers.
:lol: Me too! Where is the Uncle Ruckus video? :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

This aint the 70s when you had a bunch of white people on the air talkin' about BYU with kid gloves on, not wanting to address it with the fervor that it deserves. You're listening to brothas now...and sisters, who looked at one of our little sisters and said who the hell do y'all think y'all are?
Watched it for you. Stephen A., the influencer, viewed by and listened to by millions daily, fervently fueling the flame of racism on a well, it might have happened story. Rational thinkers can justify this.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:38 pm This aint the 70s when you had a bunch of white people on the air talkin' about BYU with kid gloves on, not wanting to address it with the fervor that it deserves. You're listening to brothas now...and sisters, who looked at one of our little sisters and said who the hell do y'all think y'all are?
Watched it for you. Stephen A., the influencer, viewed by and listened to by millions daily, fervently fueling the flame of racism on a well, it might have happened story. Rational thinkers can justify this.
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? The gal may have been mistaken…someone may have slurred her…crowd was using harsh language as it turns out… sh*t happens. Dawn Staley should not have canceled the game in my opinion. A third party reviewed the situation and basically said it inconclusive. You think the gal is a liar only interested in race baiting. That’s your opinion. Ain’t nothing factual about it. What’s a fact is that it the situation is inconclusive. The gal could have been mistaken. I lean that way versus an outright lie. I told base my opinion on Steven A. Smith…he don’t influence me….or that uncle Ruckus dude you linked (two of them). I rely on my own personal experiences, common sense and the “facts” as presented. You have evidence that that gal is “lying”? It’s a simple yes or no question…
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:38 pm This aint the 70s when you had a bunch of white people on the air talkin' about BYU with kid gloves on, not wanting to address it with the fervor that it deserves. You're listening to brothas now...and sisters, who looked at one of our little sisters and said who the hell do y'all think y'all are?
I did watch the jerk and the guy is a flaming a-hole.
Felt quite misogynistic too, going on about a black female singer, etc.

I agree that some of the media flamers went way too far as well.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It’s also been acknowledged that Stephen A and other pundits frequently take a side they don’t necessarily believe to lubricator discussion and interest. You can’t assume that’s their actual position or that they even believe it they’re just arguing for ratings.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:07 pm It’s also been acknowledged that Stephen A and other pundits frequently take a side they don’t necessarily believe to lubricator discussion and interest. You can’t assume that’s their actual position or that they even believe it they’re just arguing for ratings.
It ain’t “news”. It’s closer to a minstrel show.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:56 pm

That is what pizzes me off about the whole thing. You know full well that a story like this is going to blow up and the racism discussion is going to be front and center with heated commentators, talking heads, and race baiters. Do your diligence and fact check the story, find something that can confirm the story before releasing it. This thread is about media matters and it does, UofSC would be one example of why.

No, TLD, no more than you do that she isn't.
Although I can watch the game and not see
or hear anything that she says happened, nor
can anyone else.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:21 pm

That is what pizzes me off about the whole thing. You know full well that a story like this is going to blow up and the racism discussion is going to be front and center with heated commentators, talking heads, and race baiters. Do your diligence and fact check the story, find something that can confirm the story before releasing it. This thread is about media matters and it does, UofSC would be one example of why.

can anyone else.
Investigators have no indication that she is lying or that nobody made a racist comment. Also no indication that it did happen. It’s a push. Would not surprise me if someone did say something …would not surprise me if they didn’t. Because folks didn’t wait on the investigation to conclude, doesn’t make her a liar…which was your conclusion.

This is why it wouldn’t surprise me: https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/ ... a.amp.html

https://www.abc4.com/sports/diehard-fan ... acist/amp/

You may not follow hoops….

Buddy’s son just made the Syracuse hoop team. Told me 5 minutes ago.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Sincere congrats to the young hoopster, big day, a goal reached.
Not a Cuse hoops fan, not a fan of the coach. The young hoopster
will be playing for a stubborn, miserable, coach nearly the age of
his great grandfather. Maybe for only one year though, wish him well.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:45 pm Sincere congrats to the young hoopster, big day, a goal reached.
Not a Cuse hoops fan, not a fan of the coach. The young hoopster
will be playing for a stubborn, miserable, coach nearly the age of
his great grandfather. Maybe for only one year though, wish him well.
See EDIT above. (His dad played for him too BTW)
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Very cool. Grandfather too (could've)?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

can anyone else.
I'm with you on the media talking head flamers going too far, too fast...that said, I'd certainly have reported the story out. Serious story.

But don't go over board other than to condemn racist behavior more generally.

But where you lost me was in getting so wound up that you (and heck of a lot of the online comments) concluded that she is a liar...a whole bunch of that online was right away, at the outset doubting it happened...yet this crap happens with all too much frequency.

I continue to find her individually to be credible, and the incidence of misreporting these sorts of things is very low...so, my "bias" is to believe she heard what she says...who said it, or whether she could have even misheard...all possible to not have right...but not likely lying.

I've been on the opposite end of racist taunts way back when I was a youngster wrestling versus inner city Baltimore schools in the mid '70's, at the time nearly 100% black schools due to de facto segregation. The opposing wrestlers all seemed like great guys, no issues ever...but man, walking through the hallway to the gym...yikes, purposely intimidating. I didn't lose any of my matches, but it was a quite hostile environment multiple times...I wouldn't want any athlete to have to put up with such. On the other hand, I greatly appreciated the experience of the old MSA when city publics and privates competed head to head.

But I gotta tell you, it bothered me considerably more when a good friend of my dad's, an NCAA wrestler at UVA in his day, great guy (!), educator at a high level, revered by many, gave me two pieces of advice: the first was fine: when wrapping up a guy in a pinning combination, drive your head into the side of his (not a hit, just pressure into the soft spot), he'll be thinking about that pain instead of his shoulders. Second wasn't: 'when you shake hands, ask him whether his mom has any extra days'. I used the first piece of advice...never forgot the second. And this guy ran a university, later ran a high school coming out of retirement. Other than that, I never saw any evidence of racist views, but yikes.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:41 pm

can anyone else.
I'm with you on the media talking head flamers going too far, too fast...that said, I'd certainly have reported the story out. Serious story.

But don't go over board other than to condemn racist behavior more generally.

But where you lost me was in getting so wound up that you (and heck of a lot of the online comments) concluded that she is a liar...a whole bunch of that online was right away, at the outset doubting it happened...yet this crap happens with all too much frequency.

I continue to find her individually to be credible, and the incidence of misreporting these sorts of things is very low...so, my "bias" is to believe she heard what she says...who said it, or whether she could have even misheard...all possible to not have right...but not likely lying.

I've been on the opposite end of racist taunts way back when I was a youngster wrestling versus inner city Baltimore schools in the mid '70's, at the time nearly 100% black schools due to de facto segregation. The opposing wrestlers all seemed like great guys, no issues ever...but man, walking through the hallway to the gym...yikes, purposely intimidating. I didn't lose any of my matches, but it was a quite hostile environment multiple times...I wouldn't want any athlete to have to put up with such. On the other hand, I greatly appreciated the experience of the old MSA when city publics and privates competed head to head.

But I gotta tell you, it bothered me considerably more when a good friend of my dad's, an NCAA wrestler at UVA in his day, great guy (!), educator at a high level, revered by many, gave me two pieces of advice: the first was fine: when wrapping up a guy in a pinning combination, drive your head into the side of his (not a hit, just pressure into the soft spot), he'll be thinking about that pain instead of his shoulders. Second wasn't: 'when you shake hands, ask him whether his mom has any extra days'. I used the first piece of advice...never forgot the second. And this guy ran a university, later ran a high school coming out of retirement. Other than that, I never saw any evidence of racist views, but yikes.
A buddy that wrestled at always talked about wrestling against Baltimore Dunbar. He respected this guy that he said kicked his ass every year. He had good memories or wrestling there. I loved the stories…. As an aside, his brother dated his housekeeper’s daughter. She had brothers that grew to like him. Great family and he was a great friend. He changed my life. I told his father and his sister that very thing at his memorial service a couple of years ago.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Been around a long time, been to a lot of places, am not blind to the ugliness that exists in the world, know that racism is an issue we need to deal with, I know we have we have a long way to go with it. Spent four years in Jersey City, NJ, have known city cops who were as racist as B. Goldwater and gave little to no value to the lives of blacks. I get it, I understand it. Have been clear on what pizzes me off about this, it unnecessarily sets things back and furthers the divide.
When I first saw this girl I thought she came across as credible too. I don't feel that way now though.
Horse has been beat to death, revived, and beat to death again. We all think what we think.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:29 pm Been around a long time, been to a lot of places, am not blind to the ugliness that exists in the world, know that racism is an issue we need to deal with, I know we have we have a long way to go with it. Spent four years in Jersey City, NJ, have known city cops who were as racist as B. Goldwater and gave little to no value to the lives of blacks. I get it, I understand it. Have been clear on what pizzes me off about this, it unnecessarily sets things back and furthers the divide.
When I first saw this girl I thought she came across as credible too. I don't feel that way now though.
Horse has been beat to death, revived, and beat to death again. We all think what we think.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tnlplHQqE3I
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:39 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:29 pm Been around a long time, been to a lot of places, am not blind to the ugliness that exists in the world, know that racism is an issue we need to deal with, I know we have we have a long way to go with it. Spent four years in Jersey City, NJ, have known city cops who were as racist as B. Goldwater and gave little to no value to the lives of blacks. I get it, I understand it. Have been clear on what pizzes me off about this, it unnecessarily sets things back and furthers the divide.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tnlplHQqE3I
Classic. The G.O.A.T

“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Vote for Lesa Pamplin for County Criminal Court #5, a vote for equal justice.
Read her tweets and pull the lever.
“Elevating these white men to hero status is pissing me off. They all knew what TFG [“the former guy” / Donald Trump] was capable of & turned a blind eye.” – 06/22/2022
Talked to a 35-year-old yesterday that never voted. He said it won’t do anything for him. What the hell do they expect? Not engaged, don’t have a clue that we are in a damn fight against white supremacy.” – 05/22/2022
“If Barack [Obama] were Caucasian, he’d be on Mt. Rushmore. Jus sayin.” – 09/03/2012
“Judge [Eric V.] Moyé ain’t playing with these crackers.” – 05/06/20202
(Regarding Uvalde school shooter, Fox News) “Faux News breathing a sigh of relief it’s not a white kid…” – 05/06/2020[/b}
“You poor white motherf**kers can’t take it.” – 6/27/2019
“Creepy a** crackers are scary.” – 06/27/2013
“Ain’t watching this Cracker Barrel bulls**t.” – 01/14/2020
“Why does CNN constantly interview these dumb a** white women?” – 11/06/2019
“Calling a spade a spade. Video: MSNBC Contributor Decries Hateful ‘Crackers.'” – 01/30/2013
“If you’re White you totally wouldn’t understand.” – 10/16/2019
“You damn straight about that. Whypipoe [white people] being white.” – 03/27/2020
“Would expect nothing less than a pale white chic (sic). Sit down Becky.” – 10/16/2019
“Being married to a white woman he thinks he can talk this stupid a** nonsense. Clarence [Thomas] 2.0.” – 04/10/2020
“Bernie Sanders rallies are so white.” – 12/23/2019
“White women & men always disappoint.” – 11/07/2018
(Replying to George Floyd, grocery store fake check incident) “Asian store owners profile.” – 05/26/2020

Who is Lesa Pamplin, ask ye?
Meet Lisa.
All just a big misunderstanding.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Ouch.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:06 am Vote for Lesa Pamplin for County Criminal Court #5, a vote for equal justice.
Read her tweets and pull the lever.
“Elevating these white men to hero status is pissing me off. They all knew what TFG [“the former guy” / Donald Trump] was capable of & turned a blind eye.” – 06/22/2022
Talked to a 35-year-old yesterday that never voted. He said it won’t do anything for him. What the hell do they expect? Not engaged, don’t have a clue that we are in a damn fight against white supremacy.” – 05/22/2022
“If Barack [Obama] were Caucasian, he’d be on Mt. Rushmore. Jus sayin.” – 09/03/2012
“Judge [Eric V.] Moyé ain’t playing with these crackers.” – 05/06/20202
(Regarding Uvalde school shooter, Fox News) “Faux News breathing a sigh of relief it’s not a white kid…” – 05/06/2020[/b}
“You poor white motherf**kers can’t take it.” – 6/27/2019
“Creepy a** crackers are scary.” – 06/27/2013
“Ain’t watching this Cracker Barrel bulls**t.” – 01/14/2020
“Why does CNN constantly interview these dumb a** white women?” – 11/06/2019
“Calling a spade a spade. Video: MSNBC Contributor Decries Hateful ‘Crackers.'” – 01/30/2013
“If you’re White you totally wouldn’t understand.” – 10/16/2019
“You damn straight about that. Whypipoe [white people] being white.” – 03/27/2020
“Would expect nothing less than a pale white chic (sic). Sit down Becky.” – 10/16/2019
“Being married to a white woman he thinks he can talk this stupid a** nonsense. Clarence [Thomas] 2.0.” – 04/10/2020
“Bernie Sanders rallies are so white.” – 12/23/2019
“White women & men always disappoint.” – 11/07/2018
(Replying to George Floyd, grocery store fake check incident) “Asian store owners profile.” – 05/26/2020

Who is Lesa Pamplin, ask ye?
Meet Lisa.
All just a big misunderstanding.

Is she a setter or a hitter?
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

The 5'9" volleyball player is a setter.
Reasonable probability she's a pawn
in her godmother's game too.

Return to “POLITICS”