All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by Farfromgeneva »

The YouTube clips are to mock foolishness, not to prove evidence. But…given how some folks like to present op Ed pieces as journalism to faux reflect an opinion of their own while claiming deniability that said posting is supposed to reflect their thoughts, it’s probably more close to the truth and reality to view Youtube clips.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:25 am
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:33 am ....but I won't believe it until I see it in a youtube comedy clip.
Right on!!!!! That is the only functional tool that TLD has for expressing himself.

:D
Says the guy who can only yell, scream. Cry, whine, complain and attack others.

What a joke.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:33 am ....but I won't believe it until I see it in a youtube comedy clip.
Like pro wrestling….Seeing is believing.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Right on!!!!! That is the only functional tool that TLD has for expressing himself.

You may be the functional tool.

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:55 am
Like pro wrestling….Seeing is believing.
Shawn Michaels really did throw Marty Jannetty through that window!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hsvUNQyWFhw
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:57 am

He’s more like uncle jemima.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:30 am . But…given how some folks like to present op Ed pieces as journalism to faux reflect an opinion of their own while claiming deniability that said posting is supposed to reflect their thoughts, it’s probably more close to the truth and reality to view Youtube clips.
You've caught on to that game? OS isn't the only one who used to do that......post OpEds that they plainly agree with, and then when you respond to said OpEd citation, yell at you for "putting words in their mouth". Oh, and then pretend that they're not playing that game on purpose, instead of clearly and simply stating their own views.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Man Putte-tang fncked up. These divisions will not heal.

“Some people who had fled to Kharkiv city from towns elsewhere in the province said that when the Russians arrived they carried lists of local people who were in the Ukrainian military, relatives of soldiers, and veterans of the 2014 war. According to testimonies of people in Kharkiv, the Russians allegedly kidnapped these people and took them to unknown locations, and they have not been heard from since.”

Ukraine will not give up. Ever.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... -officials
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:51 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:30 am . But…given how some folks like to present op Ed pieces as journalism to faux reflect an opinion of their own while claiming deniability that said posting is supposed to reflect their thoughts, it’s probably more close to the truth and reality to view Youtube clips.
You've caught on to that game? OS isn't the only one who used to do that......post OpEds that they plainly agree with, and then when you respond to said OpEd citation, yell at you for "putting words in their mouth". Oh, and then pretend that they're not playing that game on purpose, instead of clearly and simply stating their own views.
He's playing 3D chess using strategic ambiguity and of course domain knowledge = intelligence...

Noticed it for a while, it seems so soft and weak as an approach.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Latest reports I've seen or heard is that the Russkies ain't doing so well in the war:

https://wehco.media.clients.ellingtoncm ... t_t800.jpg

https://image.politicalcartoons.com/266 ... kraine.png

Dunno if any of this true. Makes me wonder - what next?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:28 pm
He's playing 3D chess using strategic ambiguity and of course domain knowledge = intelligence...

Nomenclature
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

High Shannon entropy score in some communications here.

"This distinction is at the heart of Claude Shannon’s theory of information. Introduced in an epochal 1948 paper, “A Mathematical Theory of Communication,” it provides a rigorous mathematical framework for quantifying the amount of information needed to accurately send and receive a message, as determined by the degree of uncertainty around what the intended message could be saying."

"Shannon was the first person to make this relationship mathematically precise. He captured it in a formula that calculates the minimum number of bits — a threshold later called the Shannon entropy — required to communicate a message. He also showed that if a sender uses fewer bits than the minimum, the message will inevitably get distorted."

https://www.quantamagazine.org/how-clau ... -20220906/

Oh, and fnck Steve Jobs. He was a product designer trading on the work of the real luminaries like Claude Shannon.

If you don't know about Claude Shannon, ask your self why? Why are the real "great" Americans overlooked and not lauded, but clowns like Steve Jobs and Elon Musk are?
Last edited by PizzaSnake on Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

💰💰💰
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I can usually express my feelings TLD without the use of props being used as a crutch. You might want to try it some time? I don't even have a doctorate degree to try and hide my intellectual deficiencies. Maybe you have some Bugs Bunny cartoons in your repertoire of FLP camouflage to hide your actual intelligence?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

come on, cradle.
Enough with the dull personal attacks.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:51 pm

High Shannon entropy score in some communications here.

"This distinction is at the heart of Claude Shannon’s theory of information. Introduced in an epochal 1948 paper, “A Mathematical Theory of Communication,” it provides a rigorous mathematical framework for quantifying the amount of information needed to accurately send and receive a message, as determined by the degree of uncertainty around what the intended message could be saying."

"Shannon was the first person to make this relationship mathematically precise. He captured it in a formula that calculates the minimum number of bits — a threshold later called the Shannon entropy — required to communicate a message. He also showed that if a sender uses fewer bits than the minimum, the message will inevitably get distorted."

https://www.quantamagazine.org/how-clau ... -20220906/

Oh, and fnck Steve Jobs. He was a product designer trading on the work of the real luminaries like Claude Shannon.

If you don't know about Claude Shannon, ask your self why? Why are the real "great" Americans overlooked and not lauded, but clowns like Steve Jobs and Elon Musk are?
Corollary?

https://www.amazon.com/Mine-Hidden-Rule ... 0385544723

Product Description
“Mine” is one of the first words babies learn, and by the time we grow up, the idea of ownership seems natural, whether we are buying a cup of coffee or a house. But who controls the space behind your airplane seat: you, reclining, or the squished laptop user behind you? Why is plagiarism wrong, but it’s okay to knock off a recipe or a dress design? And after a snowstorm, why does a chair in the street hold your parking space in Chicago, while in New York you lose both the space and the chair?

In Mine!, Michael Heller and James Salzman, two of the world’s leading authorities on ownership, explain these puzzles and many more. Remarkably, they reveal, there are just six simple rules that everyone uses to claim everything. Owners choose the rule that steers us to do what they want. But we can pick differently. This is true not just for airplane seats, but also for battles over digital privacy, climate change, and wealth inequality. Mine! draws on mind-bending, often infuriating, and always fascinating accounts from business, history, courtrooms, and everyday life to reveal how the rules of ownership control our lives and shape our world.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:10 pm come on, cradle.
Enough with the dull personal attacks.
What else should you expect from an intentional dullard?
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:52 am

I can usually express my feelings TLD without the use of props being used as a crutch. You might want to try it some time? I don't even have a doctorate degree to try and hide my intellectual deficiencies. Maybe you have some Bugs Bunny cartoons in your repertoire of FLP camouflage to hide your actual intelligence?
Yes.

“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:30 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:52 am

Yes.

At least this old guy can still climb a ladder and clean his gutters. The old gray hare is still what he use to be. FTR what do you do when the gutters on your house overflow in the rain?? You join the Dr Wizard school and blame it on CC. To quote the aforementioned bugs bunny... WHAT A MAROON!!!
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”