D1 Mens Lacrosse
lorin

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2023

Post by lorin »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:50 pm
Bert Macklin wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:28 pm
laxbro11 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:19 pm
Laxfan01 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:39 pm
billyd wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:06 am I know that I will get blow back from what I am about to say, but we need to look at the root problems of this team. And I know that there is an unwritten rule of parents should not post, but I believe the whole picture needs to been seen. My son is one that may or may not come back next year. It is his decision to make. This team under achieved and did not live up to expectations.

My son has given insight of what occurred.

1. One of the major talking points that the coaches was the culture of Loyola, that players do not leave Loyola, players want to come to Loyola. What we are seeing are multiple players entering the portal for a variety of reasons, which I believe will be discussed below. The culture seems to of self satisfaction and gratification., several players leaving team due to outside issues. There was no leadership from the fifth year players. No holding players accountable for their actions. Sometimes you leaders are not the best players on the team

2. Academics, again a talking point of the program was strong academic support. Not so much, very weak at best. Academic advisor was a joke

3. Loyola seems to take any player no matter what baggage they bring to the program. They will have different rules for different players. Hold some accountable for issues and others not. No consistency. And players see this.

4. Players did not play based on skill, many younger players played because the coaches felt these players would leave the program. Dont get me wrong these players have ability, but were they better than a Jr or Sr. So the feeling on the team is that they sacrificed older players play time to make the younger player happy. Plus it was well known on the team that it is who you know or your parents that got you the edge. there was definitely favoritism

5. Coaching, we did the same thing day in and day out and expecting a different outcome. I read on this board, but we only lost by one. That is a BS excuse. We were beating Rutgers, Hopkins, Army going into the fourth and could not complete the game. Coaches did not coach kids up. We had a 5th year attack that had 40 + turnovers, almost as many turnovers as total points. You had SSDMs that would get beat routinely and no change or correction. And they probably cost a couple of games. Players would not practice all week and still play. These decisions by the coaches cost Loyola a chance to play in the post season. Example, second line midfield, if you put others in there, i am confident they could have put up the same numbers as Bateman, Kamish, Wigley and Hueston

6. Lack of development of players, if they show in practice why not give them opportunities in games.

I know it seems like I am complaining, It is not airing dirty laundry, my son saw playtime, but what i worry about is complacency with this team. I want to see this team be playing Memorial day weekend. But it wont happen if Loyola keeps doing what they did last year
As a former player who has strong connections with those on the team, seeing this post just now is a mixed bag. Points 4, 5, and 6 in my view are complete hogwash based on what I’ve seen/heard from this year all the way to when I played. Some kids are people and just make mistakes because they are, you know, kids. From what I know the culture of the current players is quite strong, and they are all great kids who share the same goals. However, Point number 2 is spot on. Loyola is small school that has rather rigorous academic demands compared to say a state school, w many more “required” courses and extra crap that a kid should generally not have to take in college. With that said, the academic support was incredibly mediocre since my time (within the last decade), and that remains the case today based on what I hear. As good as Coach is, this is an aspect that I’ve felt strongly about and wish it could be taken in a different direction. When there is a problem in the classroom, it is always the kids fault, and there seems to be no concern about what is best for him-it is all about convenience and getting things done, as well as what looks better on paper rather than what the kid actually needs. Additionally, I have felt that for a long time that the program needs to do a better job supporting the mental health of these kids. What I mean by this is that some of the expectations and demands put on these kids, particularly in the off season, are ridiculous in my humble opinion. Some of the fall conditioning, (which coming from a scientific background, the way this is done can give an answer for what has been causing these lagging injuries that we hear about, as well as the why we continually choked leads in the 4th quarter) along with the off the field rules and requirements September-December is a bit ridiculous to be frank. It was that way when I was in school, and while the addition of Manning has been great as far as I know, he only has so much influence on the kids-he isn’t able to control what actually happens during practice. As far as this past year, I mean 6 kids left the team/entered the portal, and I know for a fact that over half of them were completely based around mental health reasons, so clearly this is still the case. So obviously there are clearly some problems, but I would caution folks to trust coach Toomey. If these issues are apparent to myself and others who are connected, then I’m confident he realizes all of this too-just need to trust him and the staffs process. Again there are some problems, but if they are fixed then we’re talking about a final four caliber team next year! If a recruit or parent is reading this-don’t become freaked out and stay away from loyola just because of a down year and some drama. Every big program has problems, and a lot of them have much bigger ones than we do..
Took some time away from the board, but I am intrigued by Billyd's post and the responses. I spent the summer and I spoke with many players and former players and parents of players. I will quote some anecdotal quotes when asked about some the issues that were raised

Culture of the locker room was a big conversation will all three groups. Accountability was mention several times. Players and parents wondered why a close defender or a goalie would be pulled for poor play, but none of the offensive players. And a common theme was that coaches had their favorites and it did not matter what you would do in practice or in games you would still play. One parent commented about the Maryland game, Loyola was being blown out and the game was over by the third. Why didn't the coaches empty the bench and allow the young players to play? They kept their starters in thinking that they would come back. Along with that comments about the second line midfield the the lack of productivity all year round, did not give the young guns a chance.

Loyola thinks itself as a blue collar team. They are far from it. Gone are the days were the run test meant something. Gone are the days where the captains or the seniors would hold younger players accountable for breaking team rules. 6 am running at Ridley for behavior problems.

One parent quipped that Loyola is a dumping ground for other programs cast offs. Players know that if you are dismissed from your program that Loyola will take them. We have taken now two players in the last two years that have been tossed off their program and respective schools.

If you are looking for players in the portal, just at a glance, why would you not recruit a FOGO. We have Pachecko and Cottone. Both Seniors. Seems like a huge miss by the coaches. If both choose not to come back next year. Or if they both get hurt this season. Wow. Loyola is in for a world of hurt.

I am optimistic for this season. But I am not holding my breathe. Too many internal issues as Billy D stated

Will post more of my conversations, It was definitely eye opening
I too will take the bait of this. Transfer players are a huge question mark-- are they transfer because of skill, academic issues, or off field issues. A player is vented obviously but, their is no real way of knowing how they will fit into the program. There have also been players who have transferred places seeking a second chance, coaches try their best to do so and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

On point 5 and 6 seems like a player who is disgruntled and feels slighted. Obvisouly something is going on, haven't had the success of past but, Loyola has had difficult time because for four years they had one of the greatest college lacrosse players to lead them in Spencer, then they were hit with covid in the "rebuild". They are still adjusting and figuring it out. Upper classmen weren't getting job done so try and develop younger guys and build for future
He lost me when he threw Kamish in as a guy that shouldn’t be on the field or didn’t produce. Lol. Instant loss of credibility to the post…when he’s on the field he’s been one of our most efficient and productive players in all measures…since he arrived.

As far as transfers, most programs take transfers and frankly ALL transfers (ok 80%) come with some risk or a question mark or two. Loyola can’t take 5th year grad guys like the ACC, Big Ten, or the Big East. PL does not allow it.

On making the move from High School to college. It is not easy and guess what…Half of every class will probably never see the field. Stars or top 100 kids in high school don’t pan out all the time…in all sports. Just because you think kids are gonna be stars because of some biased ranking doesn’t mean a kid is gonna pan out…A high % of EVERY class at most schools will sit the bench, transfer, attrit out of the game altogether…pay attention.

Finally, Loyola will have a lot of question marks and opportunities for new guys to get chances. We also have some very nice productive pieces coming back. Team had a tough year last year…never meshed, and it’s over…bad year, time to move on and look ahead.

The year before (2021) they were in the quarters…year before (2020) we were 4-2 with wins over Hop and Rutgers and the season was cancelled…year before that (2019) we were in the quarters. Some of those players are still on this roster.

Again, last year was odd…chemistry was off…so be it, it’s over…hopefully the guys that were not happy left, hopefully we have better health, hopefully we find better chemistry, hopefully seniors like James and Poitras and Kamish become new leaders this team needs, and hopefully the young guys earn the playing time they want…opportunities are there

When people overreact I find the truth is somewhere in the middle. Loyola lacrosse and it’s staff will remain a respected and top program in lacrosse. I’m looking forward to seeing how this team bounces back in 2023…and if the same issues are there in 2023, then maybe I’ll re-consider my stance…but I’m not overreacting to one bad year where we went 8-8.

Go Hounds!
Sounds like a 9th grade Express travel team. LMAO
Laxmaninamillion

Post by Laxmaninamillion »

lorin wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:46 am
billyd wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:06 am I know that I will get blow back from what I am about to say, but we need to look at the root problems of this team. And I know that there is an unwritten rule of parents should not post, but I believe the whole picture needs to been seen. My son is one that may or may not come back next year. It is his decision to make. This team under achieved and did not live up to expectations.

1. One of the major talking points that the coaches was the culture of Loyola, that players do not leave Loyola, players want to come to Loyola. What we are seeing are multiple players entering the portal for a variety of reasons, which I believe will be discussed below. The culture seems to of self satisfaction and gratification., several players leaving team due to outside issues. There was no leadership from the fifth year players. No holding players accountable for their actions. Sometimes you leaders are not the best players on the team

2. Academics, again a talking point of the program was strong academic support. Not so much, very weak at best. Academic advisor was a joke

3. Loyola seems to take any player no matter what baggage they bring to the program. They will have different rules for different players. Hold some accountable for issues and others not. No consistency. And players see this.

4. Players did not play based on skill, many younger players played because the coaches felt these players would leave the program. Dont get me wrong these players have ability, but were they better than a Jr or Sr. So the feeling on the team is that they sacrificed older players play time to make the younger player happy. Plus it was well known on the team that it is who you know or your parents that got you the edge. there was definitely favoritism

5. Coaching, we did the same thing day in and day out and expecting a different outcome. I read on this board, but we only lost by one. That is a BS excuse. We were beating Rutgers, Hopkins, Army going into the fourth and could not complete the game. Coaches did not coach kids up. We had a 5th year attack that had 40 + turnovers, almost as many turnovers as total points. You had SSDMs that would get beat routinely and no change or correction. And they probably cost a couple of games. Players would not practice all week and still play. These decisions by the coaches cost Loyola a chance to play in the post season. Example, second line midfield, if you put others in there, i am confident they could have put up the same numbers as Bateman, Kamish, Wigley and Hueston

6. Lack of development of players, if they show in practice why not give them opportunities in games.

I know it seems like I am complaining, It is not airing dirty laundry, my son saw playtime, but what i worry about is complacency with this team. I want to see this team be playing Memorial day weekend. But it wont happen if Loyola keeps doing what they did last year
As a former player who has strong connections with those on the team, seeing this post just now is a mixed bag. Points 4, 5, and 6 in my view are complete hogwash based on what I’ve seen/heard from this year all the way to when I played. Some kids are people and just make mistakes because they are, you know, kids. From what I know the culture of the current players is quite strong, and they are all great kids who share the same goals. However, Point number 2 is spot on. Loyola is small school that has rather rigorous academic demands compared to say a state school, w many more “required” courses and extra crap that a kid should generally not have to take in college. With that said, the academic support was incredibly mediocre since my time (within the last decade), and that remains the case today based on what I hear. As good as Coach is, this is an aspect that I’ve felt strongly about and wish it could be taken in a different direction. When there is a problem in the classroom, it is always the kids fault, and there seems to be no concern about what is best for him-it is all about convenience and getting things done, as well as what looks better on paper rather than what the kid actually needs. Additionally, I have felt that for a long time that the program needs to do a better job supporting the mental health of these kids. What I mean by this is that some of the expectations and demands put on these kids, particularly in the off season, are ridiculous in my humble opinion. Some of the fall conditioning, (which coming from a scientific background, the way this is done can give an answer for what has been causing these lagging injuries that we hear about, as well as the why we continually choked leads in the 4th quarter) along with the off the field rules and requirements September-December is a bit ridiculous to be frank. It was that way when I was in school, and while the addition of Manning has been great as far as I know, he only has so much influence on the kids-he isn’t able to control what actually happens during practice. As far as this past year, I mean 6 kids left the team/entered the portal, and I know for a fact that over half of them were completely based around mental health reasons, so clearly this is still the case. So obviously there are clearly some problems, but I would caution folks to trust coach Toomey. If these issues are apparent to myself and others who are connected, then I’m confident he realizes all of this too-just need to trust him and the staffs process. Again there are some problems, but if they are fixed then we’re talking about a final four caliber team next year! If a recruit or parent is reading this-don’t become freaked out and stay away from loyola just because of a down year and some drama. Every big program has problems, and a lot of them have much bigger ones than we do..
Took some time away from the board, but I am intrigued by Billyd's post and the responses. I spent the summer and I spoke with many players and former players and parents of players. I will quote some anecdotal quotes when asked about some the issues that were raised

Culture of the locker room was a big conversation will all three groups. Accountability was mention several times. Players and parents wondered why a close defender or a goalie would be pulled for poor play, but none of the offensive players. And a common theme was that coaches had their favorites and it did not matter what you would do in practice or in games you would still play. One parent commented about the Maryland game, Loyola was being blown out and the game was over by the third. Why didn't the coaches empty the bench and allow the young players to play? They kept their starters in thinking that they would come back. Along with that comments about the second line midfield the the lack of productivity all year round, did not give the young guns a chance.

Loyola thinks itself as a blue collar team. They are far from it. Gone are the days were the run test meant something. Gone are the days where the captains or the seniors would hold younger players accountable for breaking team rules. 6 am running at Ridley for behavior problems.

One parent quipped that Loyola is a dumping ground for other programs cast offs. Players know that if you are dismissed from your program that Loyola will take them. We have taken now two players in the last two years that have been tossed off their program and respective schools.

If you are looking for players in the portal, just at a glance, why would you not recruit a FOGO. We have Pachecko and Cottone. Both Seniors. Seems like a huge miss by the coaches. If both choose not to come back next year. Or if they both get hurt this season. Wow. Loyola is in for a world of hurt.

I am optimistic for this season. But I am not holding my breathe. Too many internal issues as Billy D stated

I too will take the bait of this. Transfer players are a huge question mark-- are they transfer because of skill, academic issues, or off field issues. A player is vented obviously but, their is no real way of knowing how they will fit into the program. There have also been players who have transferred places seeking a second chance, coaches try their best to do so and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

On point 5 and 6 seems like a player who is disgruntled and feels slighted. Obvisouly something is going on, haven't had the success of past but, Loyola has had difficult time because for four years they had one of the greatest college lacrosse players to lead them in Spencer, then they were hit with covid in the "rebuild". They are still adjusting and figuring it out. Upper classmen weren't getting job done so try and develop younger guys and build for future
He lost me when he threw Kamish in as a guy that shouldn’t be on the field or didn’t produce. Lol. Instant loss of credibility to the post…when he’s on the field he’s been one of our most efficient and productive players in all measures…since he arrived.

As far as transfers, most programs take transfers and frankly ALL transfers (ok 80%) come with some risk or a question mark or two. Loyola can’t take 5th year grad guys like the ACC, Big Ten, or the Big East. PL does not allow it.

On making the move from High School to college. It is not easy and guess what…Half of every class will probably never see the field. Stars or top 100 kids in high school don’t pan out all the time…in all sports. Just because you think kids are gonna be stars because of some biased ranking doesn’t mean a kid is gonna pan out…A high % of EVERY class at most schools will sit the bench, transfer, attrit out of the game altogether…pay attention.

Finally, Loyola will have a lot of question marks and opportunities for new guys to get chances. We also have some very nice productive pieces coming back. Team had a tough year last year…never meshed, and it’s over…bad year, time to move on and look ahead.

The year before (2021) they were in the quarters…year before (2020) we were 4-2 with wins over Hop and Rutgers and the season was cancelled…year before that (2019) we were in the quarters. Some of those players are still on this roster.

Again, last year was odd…chemistry was off…so be it, it’s over…hopefully the guys that were not happy left, hopefully we have better health, hopefully we find better chemistry, hopefully seniors like James and Poitras and Kamish become new leaders this team needs, and hopefully the young guys earn the playing time they want…opportunities are there

When people overreact I find the truth is somewhere in the middle. Loyola lacrosse and it’s staff will remain a respected and top program in lacrosse. I’m looking forward to seeing how this team bounces back in 2023…and if the same issues are there in 2023, then maybe I’ll re-consider my stance…but I’m not overreacting to one bad year where we went 8-8.

Go Hounds!
My kid was told by staff that staff knew they made mistakes last yr with playing time. They don’t plan on doing it again. He was told that ever position has openings even for freshmen. Hope the staff does what they claim they will. He’s been there at campus for a week and loves it so far. Work starts this week. We will see what transpires.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Found this on the Web... This will tell us a lot about what type of team Loyola will have.

SUNDAY, OCT. 23

Loyola Playday
Baltimore, Md.

Loyola, Syracuse, Villanova
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

NovaHound wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:47 pm Found this on the Web... This will tell us a lot about what type of team Loyola will have.

SUNDAY, OCT. 23

Loyola Playday
Baltimore, Md.

Any idea if this is open to the public? Is it at Ridley?
Laxmaninamillion

GreyingHound wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:08 pm
NovaHound wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:47 pm Found this on the Web... This will tell us a lot about what type of team Loyola will have.

SUNDAY, OCT. 23

Loyola Playday
Baltimore, Md.

Any idea if this is open to the public? Is it at Ridley?
Yes and yes
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

don't the loyola parents have a text chat group?
Laxmaninamillion

wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:16 pm don't the loyola parents have a text chat group?
Thought this was it.
lorin

Post by lorin »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:16 pm don't the loyola parents have a text chat group?
Yes your on it
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Laxmaninamillion wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:14 pm
lorin wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:46 am

Go Hounds!
My kid was told by staff that staff knew they made mistakes last yr with playing time. They don’t plan on doing it again. He was told that ever position has openings even for freshmen. Hope the staff does what they claim they will. He’s been there at campus for a week and loves it so far. Work starts this week. We will see what transpires.
I agree with that Covid did offer challenges and Loyola was transitioning from the Spencer years to a new generation. If you watched those years, Van Arsdale did not change his offensive philosophy. And the chemistry was off and the coaches did not see it and did not make changes. And Toomey always says at the end of the year meeting that all positions are open. But every player knows that is not true. At Loyola, it does not matter how good or bad you practice during the week. Once MVA and Toomey have made up their mind who the starters are there is little to no change. And that was from past and present players, and that came from those that started and those that did not.

Yes we were 8-8 last year, but how many of those 8 losses should we have won? Hopkins, Rutgers, Towson, Army, I would count the Army playoff game also. How many of those losses were because those teams were better or we fell apart when it counted.

And as one of the most respected coaching staffs. They may be respected in the Baltimore area, but not outside. There is a reason UVA, Duke, North Carolina has dropped us from games and scrimmages. Ask yourself that
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

LaxBro, you're a broken record.
We get it, you weren't given the playing time you think you deserved from MVA and Toomey.
That ax has already been ground, that horse dead and kicked. 200+ times since you joined Fanlax in 2019.
Let. It. Go.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Sorry to burst your bubble Kram, but I did not play for Vanarsdale, Toomey, Yes, I give my pros and cons base on what I see. I have no ax to grind I just give my perceptions and opinions and forward on others that have made comments, both the good and the bad.

When you hear that the coaches say, we did not play the right people last year, does that not concern anyone on this board? In my line of work you would not have a job very long if the expectation was to go to the playoffs and you end up 500. Remember this was the same team that was one bounce shot away from the final four in 2021.

So I spoke with and gathered evidence...But it seems you do not like hearing truth.

I hope that Coach Toomey is good to his word and plays the best, and not who you know. I am looking forward to the alumni weekend and getting back to campus
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

On a sidenote.

Can anyone confirm scrimmages? I heard Villonva and SU this fall and North Carolina and Richmond in the Spring
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

laxbro11 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:11 am Sorry to burst your bubble Kram, but I did not play for Vanarsdale, Toomey, Yes, I give my pros and cons base on what I see. I have no ax to grind I just give my perceptions and opinions and forward on others that have made comments, both the good and the bad.

When you hear that the coaches say, we did not play the right people last year, does that not concern anyone on this board? In my line of work you would not have a job very long if the expectation was to go to the playoffs and you end up 500. Remember this was the same team that was one bounce shot away from the final four in 2021.

So I spoke with and gathered evidence...But it seems you do not like hearing truth.

I hope that Coach Toomey is good to his word and plays the best, and not who you know. I am looking forward to the alumni weekend and getting back to campus
k, i can't take it anymore.
1) you absolutely have an axe to grind. ayfkm?
2) have never heard the coaches say "we did not play the right people last year". never.
3) if you were in the top dozen (or even 2 dozen if you want that rope) performers in your line of work, your boss would be over the moon. what's the action plan? fire every coach that finishes .500 or worse in a given year? that's a lot of turnover!
4) the mere thought the coaches would play guys based on who they know (in an environment where some alums smell chum and suggest axing the coach if he goes .500) is straight out comical.

i have 2 suggestions.
- don't ask or at least don't believe one word from a parent ever. and their suggestions on how a team should be coached should be responded to with a nod and a sip of your beverage. that's it.
- tell any son/daughter/niece to learn from your experience, and that what they need to do is force the coach to play them because they're playing lights out all the time; not think that because they made a random play or 2 in practice that they're killing it and getting hosed.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

:lol: :roll: :shock: :P I use to read LP to get some insight from supposedly knowledgeable people about the team and upcoming opponents.

Now it's just amusement and some amazement... :(
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Here's what I know - the Hounds lost three 1 goal games and Sam didn't have a particularly good outing in any of those games. Just a couple more saves and we win those. Kamish is banged up and misses a lot of PT - that really hurts the offense and could've taken some pressure off the Goalie. Savio eventually succumbs to the wear and tear of the season and his heroic efforts are minimized, especially during the Army game in the PL conference Tourney. And Wyers and McNulty are banged up for much of the season - Wyers for most of it and McNulty at the end. All of the players I mentioned played through a lot of injuries.

So Loyola goes 8-8. Was hoping for better and Halfway expected it after 2021 but "stuff" happens.

I'm relatively confident you'll see an exciting brand of Loyola lax this season; A lot of new faces and a commitment by the Staff to fix the shortfalls from last season. The Team Must get more focused and overachieve in the 4th qtr.

I'm also hearing some good things about the incoming freshmen - several have a good chance to start or be major contributors, as should be the case with every incoming class.
Houndfan73

Post by Houndfan73 »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:47 am
laxbro11 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:11 am Sorry to burst your bubble Kram, but I did not play for Vanarsdale, Toomey, Yes, I give my pros and cons base on what I see. I have no ax to grind I just give my perceptions and opinions and forward on others that have made comments, both the good and the bad.

k, i can't take it anymore.
1) you absolutely have an axe to grind. ayfkm?
2) have never heard the coaches say "we did not play the right people last year". never.
3) if you were in the top dozen (or even 2 dozen if you want that rope) performers in your line of work, your boss would be over the moon. what's the action plan? fire every coach that finishes .500 or worse in a given year? that's a lot of turnover!
4) the mere thought the coaches would play guys based on who they know (in an environment where some alums smell chum and suggest axing the coach if he goes .500) is straight out comical.

i have 2 suggestions.
- don't ask or at least don't believe one word from a parent ever. and their suggestions on how a team should be coached should be responded to with a nod and a sip of your beverage. that's it.
- tell any son/daughter/niece to learn from your experience, and that what they need to do is force the coach to play them because they're playing lights out all the time; not think that because they made a random play or 2 in practice that they're killing it and getting hosed.
You win best post I’ve read on here in a while. The freshman/Sophomore parent speak in this thread is getting old.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

You know, I believe 100% that you didn’t play for Coach VanArsdale or Toomey.
Laxmaninamillion

You win best post I’ve read on here in a while. The freshman/Sophomore parent speak in this thread is getting old.

Yeah. Don’t listen to the parents of the kids who are in the room. Listen to fans.
Obviously there are sour grape posters but I love hearing from guys whose kids are in the program and can give me some idea of what to expect.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Laxmaninamillion wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:02 pm You win best post I’ve read on here in a while. The freshman/Sophomore parent speak in this thread is getting old.

Yeah. Don’t listen to the parents of the kids who are in the room. Listen to fans.
Obviously there are sour grape posters but I love hearing from guys whose kids are in the program and can give me some idea of what to expect.
parents are absolutely the least objective parties (on both the thrilled and not-so-thrilled side) in the entire ecosystem other than the man in the mirror, and even that caveat is only true sometimes.

#facts
ok, that's not actually a fact, but it should be.

and by default, every program has them. they just don't all bust it out on a public message board.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:11 am

You know, I believe 100% that you didn’t play for Coach VanArsdale or Toomey.
:lol: :lol: 👍

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”