media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: media matters

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

MSM is covering the media overreach now.

Again, doesn't mean the gal didn't hear what she says she heard, doesn't mean there were weren't racist jeers, but it does mean that the media over reached with its condemnation without clear proof of the offense.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Clear proof, or an iota of proof?
Have a listen to Stephan A. and friends.
Jason Whitlock is fantastic, will always tell it like it is,
he's the guy at the desk with the follow up to the rants
if you don't already know that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ7jaVrfcZY
Have another listen to a little toned down Stephan A.
Click on at 1:20.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zc1gv1yZms
You can say despite no one else hearing or seeing
anything doesn't mean it didn't happen til hell freezes
over, but that does nothing but expose your denial of
the facts.
Here's an even better one for you, MDlax, this brotha is piszed.
I never saw this extended interview of the heckled volleyball
player. This is horseschidt and yes, this girl is lying....but you
hold onto it still could have happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3XZ3yyLjDo
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:44 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:36 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:26 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:24 am
DMac wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:36 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:37 pm
DMac wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:53 pm Watch the entire game and you'll still be wondering.
Very few people heard what happened at Sewanee, and you certainly wouldn't have known from watching tape.
Go ahead...watch the entire Sewanee game...
If I watch the tape will I see this?
“So pronounced were the shouted slurs in the third quarter that the game officials on the field ordered that Sewanee fans be cleared before play could continue.”
https://www.episcopalnewsservice.org/20 ... 0Tennessee.
At the lacrosse game someone other than one player heard the shouted slurs and did something about it. If one player on the Emmanuel College team said he heard racial slurs being shouted out, I'd bet his coaches and teammates would say, yeah, we did too.
At the volleyball match, despite claims of being racially heckled throughout the entirety of the match where slurs and comments reportedly turned into threats, no one else, no teammate, no official, no coach, no security personnel, no fan, no commentator saw or heard any of it, hence nothing was done about one player's claim of being threatened and having to play in a volatile environment. Well, actually something was done, they banned one fan from ever attending a match again but later realized that he had been falsely accused of misconduct and lifted the ban.
Doesn't appear to me as if these two incidences were handled the same. Then again it appears as if one place had an incident and the other didn't.
People do not lie Dmac, it had to of happened. ;)
Show me Jesus walking out that tomb.
Why?
Just ribbing you. Enjoy the games today.
Did you use “ribbing” as word play on Eve being made from Adam’s rib? If so congratulations on that one.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:43 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:44 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:36 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:26 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:24 am
DMac wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:36 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:37 pm
DMac wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:53 pm Watch the entire game and you'll still be wondering.
Very few people heard what happened at Sewanee, and you certainly wouldn't have known from watching tape.
Go ahead...watch the entire Sewanee game...
If I watch the tape will I see this?
“So pronounced were the shouted slurs in the third quarter that the game officials on the field ordered that Sewanee fans be cleared before play could continue.”
https://www.episcopalnewsservice.org/20 ... 0Tennessee.
At the lacrosse game someone other than one player heard the shouted slurs and did something about it. If one player on the Emmanuel College team said he heard racial slurs being shouted out, I'd bet his coaches and teammates would say, yeah, we did too.
At the volleyball match, despite claims of being racially heckled throughout the entirety of the match where slurs and comments reportedly turned into threats, no one else, no teammate, no official, no coach, no security personnel, no fan, no commentator saw or heard any of it, hence nothing was done about one player's claim of being threatened and having to play in a volatile environment. Well, actually something was done, they banned one fan from ever attending a match again but later realized that he had been falsely accused of misconduct and lifted the ban.
Doesn't appear to me as if these two incidences were handled the same. Then again it appears as if one place had an incident and the other didn't.
People do not lie Dmac, it had to of happened. ;)
Show me Jesus walking out that tomb.
Why?
Just ribbing you. Enjoy the games today.
Did you use “ribbing” as word play on Eve being made from Adam’s rib? If so congratulations on that one.
:D
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:21 am Clear proof, or an iota of proof?
Have a listen to Stephan A. and friends.
Jason Whitlock is fantastic, will always tell it like it is,
he's the guy at the desk with the follow up to the rants
if you don't already know that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ7jaVrfcZY
Have another listen to a little toned down Stephan A.
Click on at 1:20.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zc1gv1yZms
You can say despite no one else hearing or seeing
anything doesn't mean it didn't happen til hell freezes
over, but that does nothing but expose your denial of
the facts.
Here's an even better one for you, MDlax, this brotha is piszed.
I never saw this extended interview of the heckled volleyball
player. This is horseschidt and yes, this girl is lying....but you
hold onto it still could have happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3XZ3yyLjDo
I cannot watch Stephen A without wanting to punch a wall sorry. He’s a clown who decided to be a clown to made money. Good for him, I don’t look in other peoples pockets, but I don’t take him seriously.

Here’s the thing, what do you have stuff where you don’t have court level evidence but it’s pretty clear by a common person standard? Would you take the position that if it can’t hold up in court under those rules it didn’t happen or isn’t a fact?

I haven’t paid attention to this one at all, what I suspect is happening is MD is pushing back because you get a lot of bad faith folks, anti the others side plus a cohort of mysoginists and racists as well. Throw them all
Together and you get an automatic “msm lies and it didn’t happen pushback”. Dmac this doesn’t appear to be you but I suspect Md and others are reacting to the standard nonsense from people who don’t mean to be honorable in their presentation if the media as incorrect all the time and how liberals are ruining the world for everyone through the media.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DMac

Post by DMac »

Don't watch Stephan A. but do watch the last video.
Watch what the girl says and tell me how this happens
(it didn't). The guy nails it...oh, and I'm changing my
tune a little, this girl didn't mishear jack schidt, she's
outright lying...can't find anyone else who will stand
there and lie with her though.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:03 am Don't watch Stephan A. but do watch the last video.
That’s a different position you have now. I’m not digging into this one don’t care enough at the micro level only the larger issues involved.

Would you recognize that the default of people that reject everything about equality and justice, a certain cohort of angry and mean people many of whom try to pretend to be rational and smile but are old dirty bastards, do what I described every time there is an issue? Or reject immediately blame the media and demand incontrovertible proof to everyone in the world. They act like this when he describes what it would take to convict R Kelly: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XXc3O6GMZt0

Point is she may be lying she may be telling the truth we may never know but there are some extreme people who will say “it’s true no matter what” and some that say “prove it, you can’t trust facts, information from the MSM, this is a liberal Jewish hoax and I need more proof than Dave Chappelle did regarding R Kelly’s innocence to believe it happened”. The left always believe despite factual information is bad but is it as bad as that crowd that rejects for bad reasons?

So I get why there’s be pushback against skepticism if the event not happening. I don’t get why there’s be immediate pushback and rejection of the claim. They’re not equal sides of the coin. So what I’m seeing here on this board makes sense to me regardless of what actually happened.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DMac

Post by DMac »

Chappel is the best, hadn't seen that, unfortunately it's pretty much right on the money.
I understand all that, I get that people see things differently, interpret things differently
and are products of their environment hence, jury selection rather than any random 12.
When people refuse to accept irrefutable facts though, this is denial of reality and in this
case just throws fuel on the fire and adds to the narrative that all white folks are inherently
racist and just can't help themselves. It must have happened because she said so, after all,
the place is loaded with white folks (Stephan A. and BYU).
Question for you now, did you watch what this girls says in the last video I posted?
If not, it's only a few minutes long, go back and watch it.
Now tell me how only person heard and saw what she is describing.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:07 am Chappel is the best, hadn't seen that, unfortunately it's pretty much right on the money.
I understand all that, I get that people see things differently, interpret things differently
and are products of their environment hence, jury selection rather than any random 12.
When people refuse to accept irrefutable facts though, this is denial of reality and in this
case just throws fuel on the fire and adds to the narrative that all white folks are inherently
racist and just can't help themselves. It must have happened because she said so, after all,
the place is loaded with white folks (Stephan A. and BYU).
Question for you now, did you watch what this girls says in the last video I posted?
If not, it's only a few minutes long, go back and watch it.
Now tell me how only person heard and saw what she is describing.
I’ll check it out. I never saw your position as the same as the ones who will reject out of hand, which is similar to “believe all women” on the other side. But it’s still trust but verify. Starting point should be believing her until we can see otherwise. When folks immediately jump to “shes lying” before the story unfolded is worse, IMo, than a publication running with the original facts, a claim from a first hand primary source who is claiming to be the victim, than starting with “that minority it or woman is probably lying because I don’t trust MSM”.

I read your comments as being skeptical but not immediately rejecting her because it came from MSM. Hence I wasn’t in the discussion before. But we still need to start from a point of “trust but verify” and the folks that are rejecting that concept are a problem in both sides.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DMac

Post by DMac »

I had no reason to not believe this story when I first saw it. Then I saw a little blub that said, hold on folks, we can't corroborate this story (paraphrasing, of course). Then I tried to research it a little bit. Not only could I not find that original little blurb again, I could find nary a word about it maybe being questionable anywhere. What I could find in abundance though was articles ranting and raving about the volleyball player who was heckled and had racial slurs thrown at her for the entirety of the match and this is yet another incident of racism. Some days later a couple of articles did again pop up disputing this incident and that is when I first put something up here about there being another side to this story. This, of course, was met with resistance because the well spoken and nice looking black girl couldn't possibly be lying, after all the place was loaded with white people, all inherently racist of course, and all of this obviously happened because she said it did. The autistic kid was the one throwing the racial slurs out there. Either that or he was the easiest target to point a finger at. The media and talking heads tried to cover this up and continue with their racism agenda but I do believe the truth has now surfaced. Lot of crying wolf but no wolf.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:03 am Don't watch Stephan A. but do watch the last video.
I just watched and my view just hardened the opposite way. This guy is a grade A a-hole, misogynist baiter.
What she said was all the more credible to me, tone, and her explanation.

She starts with noting that she's used to crowd noise and cheering (my words, efforts to distract the player). It happened when she was serving...If you know the sport, the server is initially way closer to the crowd than the rest of the team, running start and serve before you get to the line.

Very similar to my Sewanee example of a ball out of bounds in the corner situation. Closest person to the crowd is the player picking up the ball. No one else would identify or confirm it on the record, who certainly must have heard, right? Ranks closed.

As an athlete who got lots of such efforts from behind the cage, I almost never heard what the crowd was saying unless I was picking up a ball...then it could be darn clear. My son said the same thing, took all sorts of efforts cheering at him, but specific voices are lost in the crowd noise...but when close, different story. He thought it was particularly funny when he changed his sweats during halftime of a rainy game at Brown when his first pair became heavy...his backups were a tan color...when he was on a back line, the ribbing was about Harvard players wearing khaki pants...thought that was creative and got his attention, but usually it's just the typical 'you suck' sorts of stuff...easily ignored.

My memories are 2 significant ones: First was my first college game, against Navy...they marched the plebes from one end to the other at quarter breaks to razz at me. I had 34 saves that day, but they scored a lot too...the other was my worst game ever, snow at Middlebury in April, unprepared for that sudden weather freezing, shivering, and I couldn't stop a thing...balled hitting mud and snow and squirting through my legs, seemingly in slow motion...field 3 deep on sidelines and back line. They chanted my last name after every goal...ugh...comes with the gig.

This player hears the slur, second time more clearly, tells a friend, who tells the coach, who tells the BYU coach, policeman goes into the crowd...ok, all good. No over reaction, but action taken.

She says that the tenor of the cheering changed in the 4th game when they were back on that side...she doesn't say that the slurs were said, just the intensity, but ugly, and not just directed at her (and not racial). Yup, makes sense.
DMac

Post by DMac »

As I said earlier, MDlax, you'll hold on to your position regardless of what facts are thrown at you. Why you continue to use the Sewanee incident as an example of this alleged incident actually happening here is beyond me. The coach was told about what was going on there and SOMETHING WAS DONE ABOUT IT. Yet you want me to believe that when the coach here was told about it nothing was done about it. Others at the Sewanee game heard the nasty slurs, including your son's friend. No one, including this girl's black teammates, heard anything except for the girl making the claims. You're telling me that everyone in the building, including coaches, teammates, officials and security are in on the coverup?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:44 am I had no reason to not believe this story when I first saw it. Then I saw a little blub that said, hold on folks, we can't corroborate this story (paraphrasing, of course). Then I tried to research it a little bit. Not only could I not find that original little blurb again, I could find nary a word about it maybe being questionable anywhere. What I could find in abundance though was articles ranting and raving about the volleyball player who was heckled and had racial slurs thrown at her for the entirety of the match and this is yet another incident of racism. Some days later a couple of articles did again pop up disputing this incident and that is when I first put something up here about there being another side to this story. This, of course, was met with resistance because the well spoken and nice looking black girl couldn't possibly be lying, after all the place was loaded with white people, all inherently racist of course, and all of this obviously happened because she said it did. The autistic kid was the one throwing the racial slurs out there. Either that or he was the easiest target to point a finger at. The media and talking heads tried to cover this up and continue with their racism agenda but I do believe the truth has now surfaced. Lot of crying wolf but no wolf.
Fair enough, like I said I didn’t see you being what I described as a problematic approach here.

Sometimes I see folks push beyond what’s being said because there’s the not as good version occurring frequently.

Hey MD once questioned me for my assertion that George Soros should look inward when he talks about problem because of what he did in England. We discussed, he learned I have a converted superjew (like most converts they get balls deep into it) sister as well as one of lifelong best friends and what I meant as a more technical fact that whether someone would’ve filled the vacuum that the BOE created with their currency back then it was he who chose profits over the people of the country who were going to suffer from his profits. Once we discussed he understood my position wasn’t “Soros is an evil Jew” and moved on.

My suspicion is this is what’s happening here between the two of you. You’re correctly going deeper into the situation to verify or find flaws and you found the latter and he’s pushing back because there’s many that reject without doing twork.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:02 pm As I said earlier, MDlax, you'll hold on to your position regardless of what facts are thrown at you. Why you continue to use the Sewanee incident as an example of this alleged incident actually happening here is beyond me. The coach was told about what was going on there and SOMETHING WAS DONE ABOUT IT. Yet you want me to believe that when the coach here was told about it nothing was done about it. Others at the Sewanee game heard the nasty slurs, including your son's friend. No one, including this girl's black teammates, heard anything except for the girl making the claims. You're telling me that everyone in the building, including coaches, teammates, officials and security are in on the coverup?
No, my son's friend didn't hear it, way too far away. Coaching.

The player heard it. If I'm not mistaken, the Sewanee player playing him may have heard it too.

No one denied it, but no one was identified, though surely the rest of the people in that immediate area would have known.

I'm saying that you don't hear it unless close, and lots of people don't want to admit it.

Yes, the game at Sewanee was stopped. Duke BYU situation they didn't stop the game, but that didn't mean that "nothing was done about it". Police went into stands. Investigation happened later, didn't find anyone willing to admit to it or to finger someone else.

I'm simply saying that the physical proximity involved was similar. Obviously these are independent events. But the reason why the whole team didn't hear it at Sewanee would have been the same as possibly why at BYU.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:11 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:44 am I had no reason to not believe this story when I first saw it. Then I saw a little blub that said, hold on folks, we can't corroborate this story (paraphrasing, of course). Then I tried to research it a little bit. Not only could I not find that original little blurb again, I could find nary a word about it maybe being questionable anywhere. What I could find in abundance though was articles ranting and raving about the volleyball player who was heckled and had racial slurs thrown at her for the entirety of the match and this is yet another incident of racism. Some days later a couple of articles did again pop up disputing this incident and that is when I first put something up here about there being another side to this story. This, of course, was met with resistance because the well spoken and nice looking black girl couldn't possibly be lying, after all the place was loaded with white people, all inherently racist of course, and all of this obviously happened because she said it did. The autistic kid was the one throwing the racial slurs out there. Either that or he was the easiest target to point a finger at. The media and talking heads tried to cover this up and continue with their racism agenda but I do believe the truth has now surfaced. Lot of crying wolf but no wolf.
Fair enough, like I said I didn’t see you being what I described as a problematic approach here.

Sometimes I see folks push beyond what’s being said because there’s the not as good version occurring frequently.

Hey MD once questioned me for my assertion that George Soros should look inward when he talks about problem because of what he did in England. We discussed, he learned I have a converted superjew (like most converts they get balls deep into it) sister as well as one of lifelong best friends and what I meant as a more technical fact that whether someone would’ve filled the vacuum that the BOE created with their currency back then it was he who chose profits over the people of the country who were going to suffer from his profits. Once we discussed he understood my position wasn’t “Soros is an evil Jew” and moved on.

My suspicion is this is what’s happening here between the two of you. You’re correctly going deeper into the situation to verify or find flaws and you found the latter and he’s pushing back because there’s many that reject without doing twork.
To be clear, I'm not saying that DMac condones racism, indeed the opposite has always been my assumption.

But I don't understand this obsession to "disprove" this woman's experience, whether by DMac or anyone else (and some of these a-holes being linked are pretty darn ugly jerks)...I'm 100% for an investigation that clears a specific individual of having done something he may not have done. But that's not the same as calling this young woman a liar...as is being repeatedly done here, with zero proof that she has done so. Only no proof to prove her experience happened as she recounts.

The Soros discussion was indeed respectful and productive. I learned your feeling were based rationally and were not antisemitic and I hope you learned to appreciate a bit more that invoking the name "Soros" angrily is indeed understood by many as code for "greedy Jew" and feeds into ages of anti-semitic hate propaganda, again now feeding into QAnon 'global cabal' and "drink the blood of children" conspiracies...it's all of a piece.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:20 pm

To be clear, I'm not saying that DMac condones racism, indeed the opposite has always been my assumption.

But I don't understand this obsession to "disprove" this woman's experience, whether by DMac or anyone else (and some of these a-holes being linked are pretty darn ugly jerks)...I'm 100% for an investigation that clears a specific individual of having done something he may not have done. But that's not the same as calling this young woman a liar...as is being repeatedly done here, with zero proof that she has done so. Only no proof to prove her experience happened as she recounts.
I would think the victims of hate crimes or related actions and those at risk of that would police and oversee that.

Can we have a world where a person is exonerated of a claim being made by another and the claimant is also pure coming out of the process? This isn’t exactly like Rashomon in this situation. I don’t know that we can have both.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:24 pm

I would think the victims of hate crimes or related actions and those at risk of that would police and oversee that.

Can we have a world where a person is exonerated of a claim being made by another and the claimant is also pure coming out of the process? This isn’t exactly like Rashomon in this situation. I don’t know that we can have both.
Great film.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OJ was found "not guilty", but IMO not innocent.

I'm not sure this young man who was thought to be the source is 100% "exonerated" but I'd rather see him not punished given that there's not sufficient proof that he was actually the source of what she believes she heard. He may well not have been the source.

Didn't feel that way about OJ...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:30 pm

I'm not sure this young man who was thought to be the source is 100% "exonerated" but I'd rather see him not punished given that there's not sufficient proof that he was actually the source of what she believes she heard. He may well not have been the source.

Take it out of codified, governmental law and into “mans law” territory. Is OJ guilty?

I’m talking whatever moral code you utilize for guilt. In that world can the baby be split.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:30 pm

SOP for the justice system in this country - not unique to OJ case. Everybody who is acquitted is pronounced "not guilty" .
In short, "not guilty" is not the same as "innocent." Innocent means that a person did not commit the crime. Not guilty means that the prosecution could not prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" that a person committed the crime. Therefore, the court does not pronounce someone as “innocent” but rather “not guilty”.

For this discussion, isn't this beaten horse rather dead by now? Is it not time to move on?

Perhaps the Duke student genuinely thought they heard what they claim was said. It was discussed at the time between players, coaches and onsite staff and no action was taken at that time (and nobody said anything either). A subsequent investigation produced no corroborated ard evidence of the claim.

Despite all this South Carolina womens' hoops team cancels home/away series with BYU anyway after their coach says "After my personal research, made a decision for the well-being of my team. I regret that my university, my athletics director Ray Tanner and others got drawn into the criticism of a choice that I made.” What the heck Nuts.
Last edited by Kismet on Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “POLITICS”