Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Mueller Investigation

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

SInce Donald has not done anything, why did he enter into a joint defense agreement with big Paulie? Could you imagine the damage big Paulie could have done in the Whitehouse had the Good guys not pursued the case......he could have committed more process crimes.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Here's Breitbart's take on the Manafort deal:

Manafort Deal Looks Like Good News for Trump, Terrible News for Democrats

"Sure, the Resistance desperately holds on to the hope Mueller is sitting on a bombshell, but another interesting factoid the media only dutifully reported is that Mueller has agreed to accept written answers from Trump on the issue of collusion and is not asking any questions about the media’s other hoax — obstruction.

This is a massive climb down on Mueller’s part, a special counsel who has so far only indicted people for committing the terrible crime of “associating with Trump” — meaning, process crimes (lying to authorities *yawn*) and old crimes that have nothing to do with Trump (crimes no one was interested in before the aforementioned Trump association)."

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

dislaxxic wrote:Here's Breitbart's take on the Manafort deal:

Manafort Deal Looks Like Good News for Trump, Terrible News for Democrats

"Sure, the Resistance desperately holds on to the hope Mueller is sitting on a bombshell, but another interesting factoid the media only dutifully reported is that Mueller has agreed to accept written answers from Trump on the issue of collusion and is not asking any questions about the media’s other hoax — obstruction.

This is a massive climb down on Mueller’s part, a special counsel who has so far only indicted people for committing the terrible crime of “associating with Trump” — meaning, process crimes (lying to authorities *yawn*) and old crimes that have nothing to do with Trump (crimes no one was interested in before the aforementioned Trump association)."

That is great journalism!
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The 46 Million forfeiture from Manafort more than pays for the Special Counsel. Mueller is a Marine, living off the land while he sets his traps. Trump’s written answers better match Manafort’s, Rudy thinks he’s so smart.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

Trinity wrote:The 46 Million forfeiture from Manafort more than pays for the Special Counsel. Mueller is a Marine, living off the land while he sets his traps. Trump’s written answers better match Manafort’s, Rudy thinks he’s so smart.
Ray Ray shouldn't be complaining about the cost now!
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... al/570331/

Here’s the Atlantic take on the flip.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The official Republican platform "flipped" on the issue of Ukraine.

No campaign collusion from the then-campaign chairman??

Where's that "scratching the chin" emoji??

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Cohen is also now meeting regularly with Mueller. I’m upping my estimate to 100 indictments, none of them Hillary.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

PAUL MANAFORT’S MODUS OPERANDI: ACCUSE THE FEMALE POLITICIAN OF CRIMES SHE DIDN’T COMMIT, THEN DODGE SANCTIONS

Interesting read. The theory here is that there will be no "Mueller Report"...just indictments.

Paulie was practicing in Ukraine the skills he would bring to the Trump campaign.

Stay tuned.

Typical Lax Dad

dislaxxic wrote:PAUL MANAFORT’S MODUS OPERANDI: ACCUSE THE FEMALE POLITICIAN OF CRIMES SHE DIDN’T COMMIT, THEN DODGE SANCTIONS

Interesting read. The theory here is that there will be no "Mueller Report"...just indictments.

Paulie was practicing in Ukraine the skills he would bring to the Trump campaign.

Stay tuned.

Remarkable. This is the Trump campaign chairman.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Irrelevant. Do we have any updates on her emails?
Typical Lax Dad

holmes435 wrote:Irrelevant. Do we have any updates on her emails?
Russia is working on it.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Here we go....the latest, makes one wonder what Strzok and Page knew or were paid to do? More texts coming?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote:Here we go....the latest, makes one wonder what Strzok and Page knew or were paid to do? More texts coming?
Ask Mr. Maltz why the judge spent 40 minutes running down big Paulie's charges and then big Paulie admitted to all of it..... Back to Page and Strzok.... that horse has been dead a long time ago. Another reason why I only follow lacrosse stuff on twitter....anybody can have a platform and I have little interest in listening to just anybody.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
youthathletics wrote:Here we go....the latest, makes one wonder what Strzok and Page knew or were paid to do? More texts coming?
Back to Page and Strzok.... that horse has been dead a long time ago.
This has to be a randy troll. You can't possibly believe that can you? :roll:
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Trinity wrote:The 46 Million forfeiture from Manafort more than pays for the Special Counsel. Mueller is a Marine, living off the land while he sets his traps. Trump’s written answers better match Manafort’s, Rudy thinks he’s so smart.
I gotta say, justifying a prosecution on the merits of its profitability makes me very, very queasy..... :oops:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Lucky by-product of good police work.
Typical Lax Dad

HooDat wrote:
I gotta say, justifying a prosecution on the merits of its profitability makes me very, very queasy..... :oops:
Not a justification.....juts mentioned to pacify those saying the investigation needs to be wrapped up quickly because it is costing us a fortune in taxpayer dollars.....Looks like Paul keeps the Hampton estate. My colleague was out there with Paul last year and he had already cut back on breakfast.....bagels and muffins and you were on your own! Paul wasn't holding sway over the table as he had done in the past...... When you have Paul Manafort running your presidential campaign, you don't need Page and Strzok! .....Page and Strzok framed all of these folks......?

Typical Lax Dad

Manafort, 67, is in many ways a natural choice to be Trump’s top campaign adviser. His firm was hired by Trump in the mid-1980s to lobby on gambling and real estate issues, said Manafort’s former business partner Charlie Black. In addition, Manafort has owned an apartment in Trump Tower since January 2015, property records show. And another former Manafort business partner, Roger Stone, has been an informal adviser to Trump for years.

Back before Big Paulie got pinched and before people realized the emperor had no clothes......

Inside Trump adviser Manafort’s world of politics and global financial dealmaking

More than many traditional political consultants, Manafort has demonstrated a willingness to forge unconventional alliances and cut deals in a way that makes him well suited to help Trump secure the nomination in a fractured GOP.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HooDat wrote:
Absolutely agree!

But it certainly removes a major talking point of the Trumpists who have wanted to talk about how much money is being 'wasted' on the 'witch hunt', with all those Dem prosecutors and investigators.

Any fair assessment would have to be that it's been an incredibly productive and efficient investigation and prosecution so far. Tremendous success rate of winning convictions or plea deals, and an unprecedented roll-up of cooperation agreements with high profile defendants (and the smaller fish too). And in a remarkably short period of time by historical special or independent counsel standards.

To actually recover serious dough for US Treasury as well definitely removes another talking point for those who want to believe it's all been a waste of taxpayers' money.

My own hunch is that there will be more monetary recoveries before Mueller's done, most notably from the Trump org. Tax avoidance and money laundering. CFO is cooperating.

Return to “POLITICS”