2023 - New NCAA Teams that Count

D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
OCanada

Re: 2023 - New NCAA Teams that Count

Post by OCanada »

This is a unique draft.

Adding three teams means adding a minimum 9 starters at attack and a minimum of 9 at middie. There will likely be at 3 potential starters at attack, and 3 at middie. In the event at least one starter or prime sub for every team. It doesn’t include the top 20 recruits. There is no perfect solution but this one seems as good as it can get,
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

I am fine adding teams, but what type of compensation will there be for lost players?

Ie. If we drop Hofstra...I lose Justin Sykes and Dylan Sheridan. Sykes had 16g and 3a last year as a middie and was slated to be moved to attack (I believe) for his senior season.

Just want to make sure compensation is equal to the losses. How will we choose this?
Lax1

Post by Lax1 »

One idea, and I’m not sure it’s good/I’m not suggesting it, just throwing it out there:
We wait until the end of this season to see what Ford/Sykes/etc actually do, and award compensation picks in the 2024 draft based on that performance.
genghiskhanbluejay

Post by genghiskhanbluejay »

Lax1 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:23 am One idea, and I’m not sure it’s good/I’m not suggesting it, just throwing it out there:
We wait until the end of this season to see what Ford/Sykes/etc actually do, and award compensation picks in the 2024 draft based on that performance.
That is a great idea; similar to an NFL trade where future comp is based on traded players performance that season
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

genghiskhanbluejay wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:01 am
Lax1 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:23 am One idea, and I’m not sure it’s good/I’m not suggesting it, just throwing it out there:
That is a great idea; similar to an NFL trade where future comp is based on traded players performance that season
I'm fine with this if Matt is. He understands the work he needs to put into this, so I defer to him.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I am also ok with it. I much prefer using hard data as opposed to using a meaningless projection that may or may not be within a deviation or two of reality.

Return to “D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”