Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:52 am BTW, what the heck does this issue, much less even "the Wall" have to do with one party (I assume Dems) wanting "centralized power"???

Do you mean State vs Federal?

Texas and Arizona can build all the wall they want.

Or is the issue that Trump can't get the money he wants from Congress? You don't like the balance of powers fundamental to the Constitution?

Heck, he couldn't even manage to do a deal when the GOP controlled Congress. Actually, that's all on him, $25B was on the table and he rejected it.

It seems like what Trumpists really want is a dictator, a 'strong man', who can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, doesn't need any consensus...as long as he tells his base that he's doing it to 'protect' them.
… more than a little evidence for this being the case!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:18 am
a fan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:15 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:00 pm AOC has developed a new accent....embarrassing. https://twitter.com/realsaavedra/status ... 55200?s=21
Nope.

The bar for our leaders is now President Trump. Start there.

Guess what? Now nothing any of our leaders says is stupid or cringeworthy anymore. Voters decided to wave it all through.

Isn't this exciting!!?!?
Afan, your reply implies that all politicians can now speak like Trump...you mean blunt and to the point? Or has Trump also added some ebonics to his speech? My parents, and I am sure your parents, told you the same things ..."If Johnny Jumps off a bridge are going to follow"...."Boy, use your head for more than a damned hat rack". AOC is pandering to the black community, that is just wrong.....much like HRC with her Hot Sauce comment. Would be interesting to hear how the black community received this?

I suppose your point was more about anything now goes...... I agree with that.
DidTrump start this one? Hey AOC you cant do that. Her party took this issue before a judge about Trump blocking people and the judged ruled in their favor. Such silly games these days
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

AOC is from the Bronx. She speaks like it. Another right wing trope in their strategy of attack, make up stuff and attack again.

Twitter is a medium not a message. The users have to be vetted fit for accuracy.

Since taking office Trump has lied close to 10,000 times and is running at north of 20 per day. He is a follower not a leader.

I understand their problem with her. She out prepares, out thinks and crushes them in confrontations.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

OCanada wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:20 am AOC is from the Bronx. She speaks like it. Another right wing trope in their strategy of attack, make up stuff and attack again.

Twitter is a medium not a message. The users have to be vetted fit for accuracy.

Since taking office Trump has lied close to 10,000 times and is running at north of 20 per day. He is a follower not a leader.

I understand their problem with her. She out prepares, out thinks and crushes them in confrontations.
Ummm.......when?
She's just another hypocrite. She lives in the "world", so she can't reduce her own carbon footprint. She used the wrong tense of "eats" during this poor acting session. One cringes, like actors trying to fake a Boston or Bronx/newYark accent.
Shes with her PEEPS in the first videos.....no accent.

"....there's nothing wrong with preparing the food your neighbor will EATS......." , said AOC. Such an act.

Hey AOC, plenty of used furniture stores in the DC area. Check this new thing, called the interwebs, and craigslist. Since she's got to have IKEA junk furniture, well here you go AOC: https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/sea ... query=ikea

IKEA has a long history of using forced labor and NOT being green. But, she buys it. hypocrite.

Short video library where her tone, grammar and accent aren't not southern, or bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfAytJpdjig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5M8vvEhCFI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQd62qQ-Q5w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ICHpSkpCHM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f4gMQd_9Hs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSLoiKh69fc
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

It's tough being perfect. ;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:51 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:18 am
a fan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:15 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:00 pm AOC has developed a new accent....embarrassing. https://twitter.com/realsaavedra/status ... 55200?s=21
Nope.

The bar for our leaders is now President Trump. Start there.

Guess what? Now nothing any of our leaders says is stupid or cringeworthy anymore. Voters decided to wave it all through.

Isn't this exciting!!?!?
Afan, your reply implies that all politicians can now speak like Trump...you mean blunt and to the point? Or has Trump also added some ebonics to his speech? My parents, and I am sure your parents, told you the same things ..."If Johnny Jumps off a bridge are going to follow"...."Boy, use your head for more than a damned hat rack". AOC is pandering to the black community, that is just wrong.....much like HRC with her Hot Sauce comment. Would be interesting to hear how the black community received this?

I suppose your point was more about anything now goes...... I agree with that.
DidTrump start this one? Hey AOC you cant do that. Her party took this issue before a judge about Trump blocking people and the judged ruled in their favor. Such silly games these days
That you even read such a blog is what is alarming. "Silly" too.

If AOC blocked someone for 'political speech' and the Court would hold that her feed is a 'public forum' the way they did with Trump, she'll be instructed to not block that user.

What constitutes 'political speech' these days is pretty darn awful, but the 1st Amendment indeed protects such speech.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:57 am

.. hypocrite.

... her tone, grammar and accent aren't not southern, or bad.

sorta like "covfefe", right? :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

AOC. Please. You tube and twitter are conduits nothing on them is true by virtue of being on them.

AOC scares the Republican Party. It’s why she gets so much attention. What I know is she is far more accomplished than those attacking her. She proves it every time they have a face to face confrontation.

The notion that someone’s accent etc have anything to do with substance is absurd.

Meanwhile wind mills cause brain cancer. Refugees ate animals and all the nonsense being spouted goes unaddressed by people who want to talk about accents?

I am am on the fence on so issues with her but I know she is better prepared, more knowledgeable, and more intelligent than a lot of congressman who have been there far longerand accomplished nothing
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:00 am

.. hypocrite.

That girl is from Bronxville and summered on Orchard Beach! Who does she think she is fooling!!!! She knows nothing about those people in the room! Trump is a man of the people!
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Do they say " y'all " in the Bronx ? ...the south Bronx ?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:42 am

.. hypocrite.

That girl is from Bronxville and summered on Orchard Beach! Who does she think she is fooling!!!! She knows nothing about those people in the room! Trump is a man of the people!

Bingo!

Yup, she merely sits on the beach enjoying the company of the people there while listening to her boom box. Meanwhile, Trump is so great that he impresses everyone by walking on the waters of Pelham Bay!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

old salt wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:23 pm Do they say " y'all " in the Bronx ? ...the south Bronx ?

Mebbe the current generation does.

Back in the day, everyone in the Big City always said "yoose". Just a few days ago, I was in a chat box with some older NY'ers. They told me the term 'yoose' is still used by the older folks. In fact, I was told there word ''goyles'' was still being used though it's now rather rare. What smart people! ;)

Typical Lax Dad

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:07 pm

.. hypocrite.

Bingo!

Yup, she merely sits on the beach enjoying the company of the people there while listening to her boom box. Meanwhile, Trump is so great that he impresses everyone by walking on the waters of Pelham Bay!
You paid attention! I have been to Orchard Beach. It ain’t Rehobath!
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:11 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:23 pm Do they say " y'all " in the Bronx ? ...the south Bronx ?

Mebbe the current generation does.

Back in the day, everyone in the Big City always said "yoose". Just a few days ago, I was in a chat box with some older NY'ers. They told me the term 'yoose' is still used by the older folks. In fact, I was told there word ''goyles'' was still being used though it's now rather rare. What smart people! ;)
Jenny from the Bronx and Evelyn use y’all all the time!
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:16 pm

.. hypocrite.

Bingo!

Such hypocrites. She gets a pass for turning her voice into a black woman to suite her audience, embarrassing. I'm surprised they didn't call her a cracker-a&s-cracker and tell her to get the hells out. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:57 pm

.. hypocrite.

Bingo!

Such hypocrites. She gets a pass for turning her voice into a black woman to suite her audience, embarrassing. I'm surprised they didn't call her a cracker-a&s-cracker and tell her to get the hells out. :lol:
It's ok when Trump does his southern voice....of course he only uses that to make fun of his former AG. ;)
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:57 pm
Brooklyn wrote:Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:00 am

.. hypocrite.

Bingo!

You ever hear her talking to her “black” friends? Neither have I. My buddy is one of the top liver surgeons in the country....you should hear him speak at his medical conferences and then when he speaks to his friends when he goes home....you...y’all and all y’all....Black woman? I thought it was her use of a “southern” accent that was pandering?

You can’t tell me that woman is not from Bronxville!
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

None of you mention her "valley girl" dialect... you know like how sometimes like you know she talks like you know she is like radically like you know like how rad her new job in DC is like it is totally cool. :lol: I like the Bronx Bimbo. She speaks her mind like the simpleton she is. Her biggest problems do not come from the republican party, they understand her for the moron she is. Her biggest problem comes from the Nancy Pelosi wing that will never let this little upstart pipsqueak tell them how to run their party. If there is KP duty in the Democrat party the Bronx Bimbo better get use to peeling spuds... :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/ ... ts-1263550 So this is the collective group of FLP jackwagons that are going to lead America to the promised land? What are the words from that song by the Who... meet the new boss... same as the old boss. The Democrats prove triple r's wildly popular phrase called TAATS. The Democrats just F**K things up differently than the Republicans do. There is no doubt that both parties are just a bunch of F**K ups. They are all the same. America needs a third party. Maybe some new folks that don't have scrambled eggs between their ears. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:06 pm https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/ ... ts-1263550 So this is the collective group of FLP jackwagons that are going to lead America to the promised land? What are the words from that song by the Who... meet the new boss... same as the old boss. The Democrats prove triple r's wildly popular phrase called TAATS. The Democrats just F**K things up differently than the Republicans do. There is no doubt that both parties are just a bunch of F**K ups. They are all the same. America needs a third party. Maybe some new folks that don't have scrambled eggs between their ears. :roll:
Pretty much the same thing the clowns on the right have done...pout until you get your way or you can go home. It's all b.s....some only see it one sided, which is the real crime.

Return to “POLITICS”