6x6 game

International Men's Lacrosse
NoLeft

6x6 game

Post by NoLeft »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... line/57019

Another step toward Olympics I suppose. I still hate this whole 6x6 idea....It's not field lacrosse.
:(
spartanslynx

Re: 6x6 game

Post by spartanslynx »

It is very different.

I know that especcially Iroquois has pushed for smaller nets 5'x5'

That has been pushed away at least right now because of increased costs.

They say the rules can be easily changed at next years World Lacrosse General Assembly, but I'm not sure how true that is.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

This version of the game needs to be looked at. I live in an area with half a dozen small towns. We could never get enough kids to play together as a regional team. Once we started this we had kids wanting to play for their town. Great small town game. But we may need to change the way goalies are protected. They take a lot more shots. If you have a kid that plays in goal you know what they deal with already. It is 4X's worse with sixes. Its growing but that is my biggest concern.
OHLaxDad

Post by OHLaxDad »

I have been watching the World Games men's lax sixes and I like it better than box lacrosse. I like "regular" field lax best, but this is a better game than box IMO. No oversized goalie gear and extra small nets. This new game is a better cross of field and box. That said, the Canadians with box experience are tearing this up because of their ability to play quick in limited space.
droliver

Post by droliver »

My son who play's D3 lacrosse absolutely loved the 6v6 format when watching it in person this weekend. Very entertaining style. They've really let them play MUCH more physical the what the modified rules suggested and not having D-pole has kind of been an interesting dynamic.

It's much more like field lax then box in every way. I think if people watch it, they'd totally dig it. You might as well get used to it, as this IS the version of lacrosse that will be in the Olympics at some point.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

it is okay, and agreed better than box, but (watching replay and it may wind up a blow out) how in the holy heck can US be only up by 2-3 over Japan after a half... and w/Jack Kelly in net? Are they drunk/hung over/don't give a crap? I get it's a 5v5 game, but buckle down, communicate, slide and play good D ffs.
DMac

Post by DMac »

NoLeft wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:42 pm https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... line/57019

Another step toward Olympics I suppose. I still hate this whole 6x6 idea....It's not field lacrosse.
:(
Completely agree, it's an abomination. It's positively sinful that this is the game being pushed in the name of getting lacrosse into the Olympics. Much of the game has been sacrificed for want of attention, grow the game with no regard for the game itself.
Just watched the girls play Australia. An absolutely gorgeous game (if you haven't been watching wlax the last few years you're missing some mighty pretty lacrosse) has been turned into a pile of horseschidt, there is little semblance to wlax, the game has been completely sold out. Keepers of the game? I think not, sellers of the game more accurately.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

It isn’t lacrosse in my view. It is an invented game to access Olympic funding/ money and increase some individuals position in the sport. There is more to the story they apparently did not find or if they did find did not report

Return to “INTERNATIONAL MENS LACROSSE”