The Independent State Legislature Doctrine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: SCOTUS

Post by dislaxxic »

They also found 65 GIRLS that knew him in high school that vouch for his character...

Wait...? He went to an all-boys private school...??

...and the letter from the 65 virtuous female friends was released DAYS after the original story broke?

Guess they knew this was coming...they knew about it ahead of time...??

Meh, he'll still get confirmed.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

I have to confess I don't like this business from his Georgetown Prep days. Kids make mistakes, even grave mistakes, in High School, and get to recover. No offense to anyone, but I have to think it is irrelevant.

The issue with him is current candor, and his immediate past as a long-term, carefully groomed member of the Swamp Brigade. He is an essentially political animal. Starr Brigade. Bush White House. Federalist Society. DC Circuit, carefully cultivating a record that would appeal to the Right-wing party activists who could get him the greatest lifetime gig.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"Yeah, THAT" emoji...

+1

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... n-alcohol/

Kavanaugh alibi witness not helping with his published tales of blackout drinking.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Trinity wrote:https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... n-alcohol/

Kavanaugh alibi witness not helping with his published tales of blackout drinking.
And accuser from HS days is out openly in the WaPo:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... b4961c5e9c
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

He says she’s lying. She passed a polygraph and told her husband and therapist years ago. Di Fi has asked the FBI to investigate. She was 15.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Trinity wrote:He says she’s lying. She passed a polygraph and told her husband and therapist years ago. Di Fi has asked the FBI to investigate. She was 15.
Nobody vets better than Trump. He said so himself. He knows all about vetting. He said so himself. He does extreme vetting. He said so himself.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
Trinity wrote:He says she’s lying. She passed a polygraph and told her husband and therapist years ago. Di Fi has asked the FBI to investigate. She was 15.
Nobody vets better than Trump. He said so himself. He knows all about vetting. He said so himself. He does extreme vetting. He said so himself.
Trump sure knows how to pick ‘em:

Manafort (campaign chairman): convicted felon
Gates (deputy campaign chair): convicted felon
Flynn (National Security Advisor): convicted felon
Papadopoulos (campaign aide): convicted felon
Cohen (personal lawyer): convicted felon
Brett Kavanaugh (SCOTUS nominee): accused of attempted rape

And that doesn’t even include the folks guilty of old fashioned corruption, like Scott Pruitt.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

I have now learned what boofing is from Brett. Thanks, Trump.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Trinity wrote:I have now learned what boofing is from Brett. Thanks, Trump.
And to think LadyLaker said she wouldn't vote for Hillary because oral sex was in the news during the Bill years. How times have changed.
ggait

Post by ggait »

The GOP establishment and the Fed Society do the vetting on this. No way would they rely on a doofus like Trump to do the vetting.

Easy to see how this wouldn't be caught. No report about the incident, it never surfaced when Kavanaugh was confirmed for the DC Circuit or passed background checks for his numerous prior government jobs. This is as close to a bolt of lightning that you could have.

Not sure that this incident, if true, would take down Kavanaugh. But since Kavanaugh has so strongly denied it, he's probably toast if the alleged victim seems credible. A SCOTUS nominee might be forgiven for drunk teenage acts, but being proven a liar won't fly.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

This is the Trump era, Ggait. Lying is just fake news. You think R voters give two figs if Kavanaugh is caught in a lie?

I sure don't. Anything short of Kavanaugh murdering Trump is fair game for these voters.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote:This is the Trump era, Ggait. Lying is just fake news. You think R voters give two figs if Kavanaugh is caught in a lie?

I sure don't. Anything short of Kavanaugh murdering Trump is fair game for these voters.
Wouldn't be so sure about that a fan. It depends on how inflated this all becomes. Watch for more alleged victims coming forward?

I do agree with you regarding "lying." Thanks to lawyers in general, spin doctors/damage controllers, and now shoddy, duplicitous media/reporting practices (fake news), more than ever, lying has become subjective.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Did the polygraph include specific names, like Kavanaugh? That HE did it. Or, was it a general question about being forcibly groped by "someone" at a party, at someones house I don't recall, also the actual date either. But something happened, somewhere, sometime.

Now where is my pink Pu&&y hat. Coupled with the fact that Fienstein had this "story" during the questioning process and said not a word, we'll try it in the press, speaks volumes. Fine by me, though. The man would let satan, if he existed (the devil IS a man, right?) donate money to G-town Prep and any and all political candidates.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote:This is the Trump era, Ggait. Lying is just fake news. You think R voters give two figs if Kavanaugh is caught in a lie?

Unless COllins plans on retiring (one could make the easy claim that being a US Senator is the same do nothing thing) , she will vote down Kavanaugh. Bet anyone a case of some Alchemist products.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote:

Unless COllins plans on retiring (one could make the easy claim that being a US Senator is the same do nothing thing) , she will vote down Kavanaugh. Bet anyone a case of some Alchemist products.
Nice beer!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

dislaxxic wrote:They also found 65 GIRLS that knew him in high school that vouch for his character...

Wait...? He went to an all-boys private school...??

...and the letter from the 65 virtuous female friends was released DAYS after the original story broke?

Guess they knew this was coming...they knew about it ahead of time...??

Meh, he'll still get confirmed.

It's only 52 girls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJgvJvIo2-U
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:

Nice beer!
That mean you want to take the bet?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:

Nice beer!
It would require at least two R's to 'vote down'. If it happens (and that's a huge 'if'), I suspect there could be 4 or more who signal they would vote against confirmation and the nomination will be withdrawn without going to the floor for a vote on the record.

Simply means going back to the list. Lots of other judges with top notch qualifications and conservative leanings.

Never had Alchemist products, will look for some! :)
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote:

Wouldn't be so sure about that a fan. It depends on how inflated this all becomes. Watch for more alleged victims coming forward?

I do agree with you regarding "lying." Thanks to lawyers in general, spin doctors/damage controllers, and now shoddy, duplicitous media/reporting practices (fake news), more than ever, lying has become subjective.
The election is in how many days?

You gents think that Republican Senators would jeopardize a SCOTUS pick over this? An allegation made in K's High School years?

No chance.

Look at it this way. Which would appeal Republican voters more: calling this Kavanaugh thing "fake news' and voting him in?

Or losing the Senate in a matter of days, and losing the pick altogether? Because if the Dems take the Senate, it's game over. There's NO WAY they'll give Trump a pick.

Dems played hardball here with this leak. R's would be fools to take the bait.

Return to “POLITICS”