Crossroads

General Chatter
ardilla secreta

Crossroads

Post by ardilla secreta »

I was here last Thursday. Who lived there and where is it?
675DAB24-54B7-4450-917D-D6E93597AC44.jpeg
675DAB24-54B7-4450-917D-D6E93597AC44.jpeg (145.03 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
LaxFan2000

Re: Crossroads

Post by LaxFan2000 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:41 pm I was here last Thursday. Who lived there and where is it?

That's easy. Ralphie Parker!!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Purchased by a USNA grad who paid 5x the price of comps: https://betweennapsontheporch.net/tour- ... land-ohio/
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
ardilla secreta

Please use this particular forum if you would like to add some of your personal travels that you would like to share.
ardilla secreta

LaxFan2000 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:14 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:41 pm I was here last Thursday. Who lived there and where is it?

That's easy. Ralphie Parker!!
Stopped there on return from Columbus. While it was not busy, a sign inside the visitor center/store stated they were shot of staff. Visitors were standing around trying to find someone so they could get a tour or buy something. With next tour in an hour even with no one waiting, I just took a look at the related merchandise and moved on. How interesting could a recreation of a movie set be.
ardilla secreta

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:26 am Purchased by a USNA grad who paid 5x the price of comps: https://betweennapsontheporch.net/tour- ... land-ohio/
Was not exactly a sweet neighborhood, but the attraction of the CS house could change things.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
njbill

Post by njbill »

Hope you stopped to pet the Bumpus hounds and give them a treat. I hear they like turkey.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Currently on the beach in Garden City, SC, drinking Busch Light (perfect beach beer) and snacking on my favorite beach snack Gardettos. Capped off with a nice cigar and bourbon around 10pm on the deck.

Love this place. Never crowded on the beach, water is always refreshing but not so cold that shrinkage occurs, and if you know the place well, you can avoid the chaos of everyone rushing to places to eat.

To be honest, beach is my 2-seed over being somewhere in cooler climate near a lake….but this scratches the itch and recharges the batteries.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:24 pm Currently on the beach in Garden City, SC, drinking Busch Light (perfect beach beer) and snacking on my favorite beach snack Gardettos. Capped off with a nice cigar and bourbon around 10pm on the deck.

Love this place. Never crowded on the beach, water is always refreshing but not so cold that shrinkage occurs, and if you know the place well, you can avoid the chaos of everyone rushing to places to eat.

To be honest, beach is my 2-seed over being somewhere in cooler climate near a lake….but this scratches the itch and recharges the batteries.
Sounds amazing! I was in Folly Beach in Mid-May. A great time.
ardilla secreta

youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:24 pm Currently on the beach in Garden City, SC, drinking Busch Light (perfect beach beer) and snacking on my favorite beach snack Gardettos. Capped off with a nice cigar and bourbon around 10pm on the deck.

You drinking Busch Light because you like it or to fit in. Most beaches I’ve been to don’t allow alcohol. Guess it’s ok there?

So, what’s the featured seafood down there?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:08 pm

You drinking Busch Light because you like it or to fit in. Most beaches I’ve been to don’t allow alcohol. Guess it’s ok there?

So, what’s the featured seafood down there?
It goes down like water with a low ABV and under 100 calories, it’s a great beach beer, IMO.

Each area has their rules. Surfside is no drinking but Garden City is fine.

It’s chock full of fresh seafood…depending on what is running the coast….Blue’s, Flounder, Red Drum/ Spot tail Bass, Trout, Spanish Mackerel, Shrimp, Oysters, Clams, Blue Crab.
~Livy
DMac

Post by DMac »

Get yourself a beer holder and one of those surf casting poles.
That way you can set your beer down while you're reeling in your flounder.
Your furry lady with you?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DMac wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:47 pm Get yourself a beer holder and one of those surf casting poles.
That way you can set your beer down while you're reeling in your flounder.
Your furry lady with you?
I keep my surf rod in our owners closet. Did not take it out this week….not much running this week. Spoke to a handful of gents this week and they are coming up empty, even off the pier.

Yep, brought the pup. It’s been a great opportunity of immersion training for her. Lots of sounds, distractions, new scents and sights. Well needed for young lady that missed out on a lot of social interaction and having gave birth to pups before the age of two.
~Livy
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:57 pm
♆ ♆ ♆ ♆ ♆ ♆ ♆ ♆ ♆ ♆ ♆ ♆ ♆ ♆ ♆ ♆ ♆ ♆ ♆ ♆ ♆

^ pitchforks

For years I always loved the Eric Clapton [Cream] version of "Cross Roads" because of the awesome guitar work in it. However, I did not know the true meaning of the lyrics. Years later I learned that in the song the singer laments the fact that he sold his soul to the Devil and is now forced to account for his sin. This is why the song ends with the words

You can run, you can run ...
And I'm standing at the crossroads
Believe I'm sinking down

poor lad!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

There was a movie based on that theme:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossroads_(1986_film)

As a movie, it was forgettable, but I loved the music:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossroad ... chronology
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
ardilla secreta

Getting back on topic.

Name this structure and location.
4EBB30CF-0E5C-4DFB-B269-1941C8A4B728.jpeg
4EBB30CF-0E5C-4DFB-B269-1941C8A4B728.jpeg (109 KiB) Viewed 959 times
DMac

Post by DMac »

No idea, a s, thinking Italy or Greece.

How 'bout this one?
Hint: I used to live there.
Not in the tower, of course, but the town.
ardilla secreta

DMac wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:19 pm No idea, a s, thinking Italy or Greece.

How 'bout this one?
Hint: I used to live there.
Not in the tower, of course, but the town.
Darmstadt?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Mighty darn close, you're only about 100 miles off.
Kitzingen.
The town's main landmark is the Leaning Tower, built during the 13th century. It is distinctive for its crooked roof. According to town legend, the tower was being built during a drought, and workers used wine instead of water to make the mortar causing the top of the tower to lean. Today the tower holds a carnival (Fasching) museum.
The story about town isn't just that they used wine to make the motor but they drank a little too much of it too. Hence, the crooked top.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”