Coaching Carousel D3 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Leonard Washington

Re: Coaching Carousel D3 2022

Post by Leonard Washington »

Switzerland wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:57 pm
Midwestfan2018 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:37 pm And to add to the late hirings: Ferrum is now open with Baggeta moving to NAIA
https://liferunningeagles.com/news/2022 ... ogram.aspx
I'm sorry, what university? Will they raise money for "The Human Fund" for community service?

Yes they will :lol:

More money (NAIA) and less stress (not competing for the bottom of the ODAC) seems like a pretty good "Life" decision 8-)
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Leonard Washington wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:45 am
boredatwork wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:35 pm Manhattanville is open
I wonder if Hayes is staying in coaching?

Surprised adminstration didn't take the easy route and hire assistant (and alum) Sam Hahn
Hayes went to LIU as assistant.
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

Leonard Washington wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:52 am
Switzerland wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:57 pm
Midwestfan2018 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:37 pm And to add to the late hirings: Ferrum is now open with Baggeta moving to NAIA
https://liferunningeagles.com/news/2022 ... ogram.aspx
I'm sorry, what university? Will they raise money for "The Human Fund" for community service?

Yes they will :lol:

More money (NAIA) and less stress (not competing for the bottom of the ODAC) seems like a pretty good "Life" decision 8-)
Maybe. But how many 17-18-year-old males set their sights on chiropractor school at the universally renowned Life University, AND play lacrosse?
Leonard Washington

Switzerland wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:57 am Maybe. But how many 17-18-year-old males set their sights on chiropractor school at the universally renowned Life University, AND play lacrosse?
I honestly think that those players will major in something along the lines of Biology, Business Administration or Psychology and just get their degree. iWith the kind of scholarship money a number of these NAIA schools throw around it may be ridiculously cheap and hard to turn down. The mens soccer team at Life has 37 on their roster (a number of them are international) as well as the rugby team having 44 members of the squad.
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
OHLaxDad

Post by OHLaxDad »

Leonard Washington wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:55 pm
OHLaxDad wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:23 pm
Midwestfan2018 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:37 pm
Also, Mount Union is open. Not listed on the website, but Coach Stewart is out. They've had a couple candidates on campus, players have met with them as well. Could be a quick process.
Mount Union has been open all summer. My son played summer ball with some UMU guys and they had told him back in June.
As one of a number of people I had also heard this position was open/opening in early July. I didnt see anything posted, so just figured it was a rumor and wasnt sure.

Announcement coming soon I'm guessing
Me too. That's why I didn't post before.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

Interesting to note that Swarthmore bumped one of their assistants to full time for the first time ever--wonder if that reflects the demand for head coaches in the PA area.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

anyone want to update the list? I might if I have time.
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

Leonard Washington wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:00 am
Switzerland wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:57 am Maybe. But how many 17-18-year-old males set their sights on chiropractor school at the universally renowned Life University, AND play lacrosse?
I honestly think that those players will major in something along the lines of Biology, Business Administration or Psychology and just get their degree. iWith the kind of scholarship money a number of these NAIA schools throw around it may be ridiculously cheap and hard to turn down. The mens soccer team at Life has 37 on their roster (a number of them are international) as well as the rugby team having 44 members of the squad.
Maybe. It looks like they do have about 10-12 majors from which to choose. I guess any will work.
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

Leonard Washington wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:00 am
Maybe. It looks like they do have about 10-12 majors from which to choose. I guess any will work.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

Cairn is open.
smoova

Post by smoova »

SixBySix wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:18 am Interesting to note that Swarthmore bumped one of their assistants to full time for the first time ever--wonder if that reflects the demand for head coaches in the PA area.
It may just be a continuing investment in the program by the school. IIRC, Gress has only be able to offer "coach support" during the admissions process for the last 5-6 years. Given Swat's selectivity/prestige/location, I wouldn't be surprised to see this kind of investment elevate the program pretty quickly to the level of Williams/Midd/Amherst/W&L/etc.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

SixBySix wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:18 am Interesting to note that Swarthmore bumped one of their assistants to full time for the first time ever--wonder if that reflects the demand for head coaches in the PA area.
I think it’s more of keeping up with the conference. They have proven themselves to be a legit competitor in the conference and I guess the school is giving them what they deserve. I applaud the move!!
FaceDodge

Post by FaceDodge »

Imagine staying somewhere for 26 years before getting a full-time assistant. That's crazy.
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

laxrules wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:40 pm Cairn is open.
Looks like Culpepper is the new Director of Operations at UNC.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

VTLaxGuy wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:44 am Guys aren't feeling "valued" working long hours for $50K. They think they deserve more than that kind of money. Heck, a full time Walmart associate makes more than that.

For years school admins could play the game of knowing there were more guys who wanted that kind of job, so they knew they would eventually find a qualified coach willing to work those hours for that kind of pay. But the times have changed.

Now you got guys looking at long hours, with limited support / limited chance at success for (for a lot of these open jobs), likely relocating (maybe with a family?), trying to find housing in a tough buyers market, not to mention trying to find a good job for a spouse (if applicable) all for $50K just to call yourself a head coach....you have to really love coaching to put yourself through that.
The whole money and obscene hours thing was one of the biggest reasons for me leaving the sports information field. There are a few other reasons on top of that, but that's not really a discussion that belongs in a public forum. No sense in burning bridges even though I have zero interest of ever going back into sports information.

It got to the point where I felt like I was just living to work and not working to live. Unless you REALLY love what you do, there really is no logical justification for sacrificing your life away to always be working for not much money.

Took me a while to get where I am because the whole COVID thing popped up a year after I left and screwed up everything, but now I work less with considerably less stress and make more money with better benefits. And this is a job that requires significantly less qualifications to obtain than what I had when I left sports information!
Leonard Washington

Current Openings

Albright (PA)
Carin (PA)
Earlham (IN)
Elms (MA)
Ferrum (VA)
Johnson & Wales (RI)
Juniata (PA)
Kings (PA)
Manhattanville (NY)
Mount Union (OH)
SUNY Cobleskill (NY)
SUNY Plattsburgh (NY)
Ursinus (PA)
Wells (NY)
Whittier (CA)

Filled

Bates (ME)- Dan Annino, Johns Hopkins Volunteer
Benedictine (IL) - Blake Keenan, Earlham HC
Delaware Valley (PA) - William Lawlor, Lebanon Valley College AC
Easter Nazarene (MA) - Ron Hamwey, UMass AC
Edgewood (WI)- Garrett Wohlford, Edgewood GA
Goucher (MD) - Kyle Hannan, Queens University AHC
Hiram (OH)- Brian Welch, Concordia Chicago HC
Marietta (OH)-Ben Suchomma, Grove City AC
Marywood (PA)-Justin Patterson, Utica Interim HC
Misericordia (PA) - Andrew Hauk, SUNY Plattsburgh HC
Mitchell (CT) - Dylan Neisler, Wooster Interim HC
Mount Saint Mary (NY)-Ian Farley, Colby AC
Oglethorpe (GA)- Scott Dangel, Oglethorpe Interim HC
Roger Williams (RI)- Kevin Gould, Providence AC
St. Josephs College (NY)-Tim Tuttle, Stony Brook AC
SUNY Brockport (NY) - Colin Cornaire, SUNY Geneseo AC
SUNY Oswego (NY) - Andrew Daly, Wells HC
Utica (NY) - Lelan Rogers, Syracuse AC
Westminster (PA)-Anthony Accardi, Allegheny AC
Wooster (OH)- Eric Seideman, Mount Saint Mary (NY) HC

May have missed some, but this is what I could gather
MDlacrosse45

Post by MDlacrosse45 »

Are we sure that the Ursinus job is open?
HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

MDlacrosse45 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:15 am Are we sure that the Ursinus job is open?
I heard the assistant (Shaffer) is in line...just a rumor.
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

HomerCoach wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:01 am
MDlacrosse45 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:15 am Are we sure that the Ursinus job is open?
I heard the assistant (Shaffer) is in line...just a rumor.
https://www.ursinusathletics.com/sports ... 0812gw6x3i
Leonard Washington

Current Openings

Albright (PA)
Carin (PA)
Earlham (IN)
Elms (MA)
Ferrum (VA)
Johnson & Wales (RI)
Juniata (PA)
Kings (PA)
Manhattanville (NY)
Mount Union (OH)
SUNY Cobleskill (NY)
SUNY Plattsburgh (NY)
Wells (NY)
Whittier (CA)

Filled

Bates (ME)- Dan Annino, Johns Hopkins Volunteer
Benedictine (IL) - Blake Keenan, Earlham HC
Delaware Valley (PA) - William Lawlor, Lebanon Valley College AC
Easter Nazarene (MA) - Ron Hamwey, UMass AC
Edgewood (WI)- Garrett Wohlford, Edgewood GA
Goucher (MD) - Kyle Hannan, Queens University AHC
Hiram (OH)- Brian Welch, Concordia Chicago HC
Marietta (OH)-Ben Suchomma, Grove City AC
Marywood (PA)-Justin Patterson, Utica Interim HC
Misericordia (PA) - Andrew Hauk, SUNY Plattsburgh HC
Mitchell (CT) - Dylan Neisler, Wooster Interim HC
Mount Saint Mary (NY)-Ian Farley, Colby AC
Oglethorpe (GA)- Scott Dangel, Oglethorpe Interim HC
Roger Williams (RI)- Kevin Gould, Providence AC
St. Josephs College (NY)-Tim Tuttle, Stony Brook AC
SUNY Brockport (NY) - Colin Cornaire, SUNY Geneseo AC
SUNY Oswego (NY) - Andrew Daly, Wells HC
Ursinus (PA)- Corey Shaffer (Interim Currently), AHC Ursinus
Utica (NY) - Lelan Rogers, Syracuse AC
Westminster (PA)-Anthony Accardi, Allegheny AC
Wooster (OH)- Eric Seideman, Mount Saint Mary (NY) HC

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”