Conservative Ideology: A Big Lie

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Conservative Ideology

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:08 pm
HooDat wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:00 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:55 pm
HooDat wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:32 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:29 pm Funny that tRump complains about what he claims is government repression and injustice towards him. Yet he still refuses to apologize for demanding the death penalty against the Central Park Five even when it was proven that they were innocent. No question that tRump is the biggest crybaby there is in all of politics.
Trump is many things and almost all of them are bad. But, he is like puss - he is a symptom of the infection not the cause.
What’s the cause?
I will start with the gutting of the middle class and increasing income disparity.
What and who’s responsible for that and define the timeframe and definition of middle class. As a ratio of income or assets to debt or some other metrics so I can understand the framework of this being the cause.

I don’t know, I grew up without much at all in the 80s and 90s so I’m suspicious of this vast middle class referenced so often. Is it my uncle w a associates degree from CCC who became a line mgr for Kodak, a failing business that never had a chance as technology evolved and was bought out of his job in the 2000s (before his wife died and then he killed hismelf)? That 5-10yr period he was comfortable in a job that was low skill and overpaid for the value of the product delivered in a digital film world?

Why isn’t the Democratic Party as off their rocker on the whole because they are every hit as responsible as republicans for increasing distribution issues? Why is this response even appropriate by these people?
FTR, It was a Kodak engineer who developed the first digital camera way back in 1976. The brilliant minds at Kodak doubted the potential of the new technology and bailed on it. There is a very good reason why Kodak failed. I grew up a stones throw away from the Kodak Hawkeye plant on the banks of the Genesee river. That is where Kodak did all of their research and developed new products. They chitcanned digital photography and chose to go all in on their POS disc camera. :roll:
https://nationalmedals.org/stories/inve ... al-camera/
https://talkerofthetown.com/2016/08/28/ ... -landmark/
https://clickamericana.com/media/photog ... ed-in-1982
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Here is a Fox host -- desperately trying to get in the Hannity/Ingraham echelon -- screaming at a sitting United States Senator, who simply nods along as the host says the FBI's SOP is planting evidence. And he calls him "Lindsey." What happened to us?

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1557148757162184706
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Tam O’Shanter is back with expert opinion:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FoxNews/stat ... 7921614849
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Trump made history today by becoming the first U.S. president to plead the Fifth. It is an astonishing thing to see that a former president, the person who was responsible for faithfully executing the laws of our nation, has invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.

He really is our forty FIFTH
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

A little overview of Kevin McCarthy, bland, feckless toady-supreme, and the best the GOP can float for someone in the line of succession:

https://newrepublic.com/article/167224/ ... -the-house

“He’s a person who got behind Trump early because he had no moral qualms with Trump, which doesn’t bode well for a Republican majority. Say what you will about Paul Ryan, at least what he had was an ethos,” the longtime congressional reporter quipped.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:38 am A little overview of Kevin McCarthy, bland, feckless toady-supreme, and the best the GOP can float for someone in the line of succession:

“He’s a person who got behind Trump early because he had no moral qualms with Trump, which doesn’t bode well for a Republican majority. Say what you will about Paul Ryan, at least what he had was an ethos,” the longtime congressional reporter quipped.
It is funny but I don't recall anybody from the media or congress ever giving kudos to Paul Ryan for his supposed integrity. Time heals all wounds I guess? Even Paul Ryan is now a beloved icon in the eyes of today's Democrats.. who would a thunk it? :D
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:18 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:38 am A little overview of Kevin McCarthy, bland, feckless toady-supreme, and the best the GOP can float for someone in the line of succession:

It is funny but I don't recall anybody from the media or congress ever giving kudos to Paul Ryan for his supposed integrity. Time heals all wounds I guess? Even Paul Ryan is now a beloved icon in the eyes of today's Democrats.. who would a thunk it? :D
You do seem to be deliberately obtuse for the purpose of making these cutesy comments. I have never agreed with Ryan on policy. But Ryan wanted to govern. I can see that he is/was a political actor who was working within the same guardrails as I and Democratic Party Congressmen and Senators are working. I don't think McCarthy cares much about guardrails (or, umm, policy) or governing. I think McCarthy cares about getting his as* in a seat of power.

So Ryan is not "beloved" by me, anyway. But he is like many, many GOP political actors of the past who were working through the same set of rules for the combat we call politics.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Interesting times, interesting times. The Dems now love 'em some Cheney, and Ryan and even Bush.

Bill Clinton (and Al Gore) have to proud of the extent to which they were completely successful in making the Democrats the party of the global elite.

On the other side of the aisle, the energized component of the GOP is now firmly in the hands of those who are fed up with the power structure. They see increasing income and wealth disparity, they see that globalism and corporatism has made the rich richer and the middle-class irrelevant. They voted for Trump because he said he would tear the system apart (it is worth noting that there is a large faction of Bernie supporters who went to Trump's camp because of the same thing) and their biggest frustration with Trump is that he was unsuccessful in doing so. While there is a faction of the GOP that is clearly in thrall to Trump the persona - there is a growing faction within the party that wants him gone for the simple reason of his being ineffective. They want someone who really will tear it all down.

Mark my words - the successful GOP candidates going forward are going to be elected on promises to gut the FBI, the CIA, the IRS. Draining the Swamp as it were. This is what has resonance with blue collar working class voters of all colors and ethnic backgrounds.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

HooDat,

They voted for Trump because he said he would tear the system apart (it is worth noting that there is a large faction of Bernie supporters who went to Trump's camp because of the same thing) and their biggest frustration with Trump is that he was unsuccessful in doing so.

Trump had every opportunity to end overseas tax havens but REFUSED to do so. Both Obama and Biden offered to do so but right wingers in Congress denied them that reform. This is something always overlooked by the radical far right.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
CU88

Post by CU88 »

r dog whistle calls against FBI generating action from MAGA

https://wtop.com/national/2022/08/armed ... with-cops/
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:04 pm
HooDat,

They voted for Trump because he said he would tear the system apart (it is worth noting that there is a large faction of Bernie supporters who went to Trump's camp because of the same thing) and their biggest frustration with Trump is that he was unsuccessful in doing so.

Trump had every opportunity to end overseas tax havens but REFUSED to do so. Both Obama and Biden offered to do so but right wingers in Congress denied them that reform. This is something always overlooked by the radical far right.
All those Trump supporters also casually forget Trump and both houses of Congress, held by a R majority his first two years in office, did squat about their election promise to reform healthcare and ignored the opportunity to "solve" the border crisis. They did pass significant tax reform, providing a PERMANENT tax decrease to corporations and a TEMPORARY tax decrease for John and Jane Q Public. Because they love the common man. That tax decrease expires in 2025.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

CU88 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:20 pm r dog whistle calls against FBI generating action from MAGA

https://wtop.com/national/2022/08/armed ... with-cops/
Shootings and death threats against the FBI and the magistrate judge are boring.

Call me when they protest in public while the judge or agents are having dinner (but can't hear the protestors). Then I'll be outraged.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

:roll: :roll:
... the point is how bad McCarthy is. You don't have to love Ryan to hate McCarthy. Ryan just shows how low the bar was / is. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

HooDat wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:32 pm Interesting times, interesting times. The Dems now love 'em some Cheney, and Ryan and even Bush.

Bill Clinton (and Al Gore) have to proud of the extent to which they were completely successful in making the Democrats the party of the global elite.
Yes. The coastal libs getting all the money. However, you're neglecting the fact that the R's have ALWAYS been the party of the global elite.

How much richer is the 1% after four years of Trump, HooDat? The reckless tax cuts? The gutting of the IRS etc?
HooDat wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:32 pm On the other side of the aisle, the energized component of the GOP is now firmly in the hands of those who are fed up with the power structure. They see increasing income and wealth disparity, they see that globalism and corporatism has made the rich richer and the middle-class irrelevant.
Holy Cow, do I disagree here.

The GOP is firmly in the hands of those who are using smoke and mirrors to trick voters into voting for MORE globalism, MORE corporatism, and making the rich richer. And they're doing that by engulfing them in conspiracy theories, and convincing voters that the biggest threat to them are liberals and drag queens reading books to kids.

HooDat, for heaven's sake----what was Trump's biggest piece of legislation? That's right, a MASSIVE tax cut for the 1%ers and their corporations. How the F is that the action of a GOP that's "fed up with the power structure" and "increasing income and wealth disparity"????

If the GOP voters REALLY saw that? They'd be voting for AOC and Bernie, and I told the forum that during the primaries.

If your claim was REMOTELY true? The GOP would be nominating Bernie types that were running ideas like taxing small business and multinationals at the same rate. Oh, and free training for kids to learn how to weld, or be an electrician, or teach them in construction.

What does the GOP have instead? Idiots who think the 2020 ballots were fraudulent ONLY for the Biden v. Trupm part of the ballot. The rest of the ballot was fine, naturally.

Trumpism has engulfed the party HooDat. I don't understand how you don't see that.
HooDat wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:32 pm They voted for Trump because he said he would tear the system apart (it is worth noting that there is a large faction of Bernie supporters who went to Trump's camp because of the same thing) and their biggest frustration with Trump is that he was unsuccessful in doing so.
:lol: Shocking that Trump lied to them.

HooDat: do you know how much larger Trump made the Federal Government in just 4 years? It's not that Trump "failed"...it's that he never tried in the first place, and was just lying his *ss off in an attempt to gain power.
HooDat wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:32 pm Mark my words - the successful GOP candidates going forward are going to be elected on promises to gut the FBI, the CIA, the IRS. Draining the Swamp as it were. This is what has resonance with blue collar working class voters of all colors and ethnic backgrounds.
They all SAY that.

What's their plan when someone calls their bluff, and they start cutting Federal spending, HooDat? Where do all these voters think their paychecks are coming from?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:25 pm

All those Trump supporters also casually forget Trump and both houses of Congress, held by a R majority his first two years in office, did squat about their election promise to reform healthcare and ignored the opportunity to "solve" the border crisis. They did pass significant tax reform, providing a PERMANENT tax decrease to corporations and a TEMPORARY tax decrease for John and Jane Q Public. Because they love the common man. That tax decrease expires in 2025.

True. tRump and his cult promised health care reform so that every American would be covered. Six years later we are still waiting for the reforms promised by the self proclaimed Messiah who called himself the Chosen.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:37 pm

:roll: :roll:
... the point is how bad McCarthy is. You don't have to love Ryan to hate McCarthy. Ryan just shows how low the bar was / is. :roll:
I've always been under the impression that all Republicans are all very low bar people in your eyes..👀
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

a fan wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:51 pm Holy Cow, do I disagree here.
afan I am referring to the voters here not the politicians. I think I have made my view of politicians pretty clear :lol:

In the words of House MD - "they always lie"

a fan wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:51 pm HooDat: do you know how much larger Trump made the Federal Government in just 4 years? It's not that Trump "failed"...it's that he never tried in the first place, and was just lying his *ss off in an attempt to gain power.
Oh, Trump most certainly lied. And he kept telling lies. It is virtually all he knows how to do. Interestingly though, I think Trump lied because he wanted the spotlight, for his ego - versus your normal politician who lies because they want the power. Trump was in waaay over his head, and flailed around and got done anything he could through the system, so that he could say - "look what I did! Aren't I a very special boy?". and surprise surprise - what the system let him get done was massive tax breaks for the 1% and growing the swamp. The cheeto is such a self-centered buffoon, he probably doesn't even realize it, he was too busy telling himself how great he is and that he was the best president in the history of president.... :roll:

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:59 am

You do seem to be deliberately obtuse for the purpose of making these cutesy comments. I have never agreed with Ryan on policy. But Ryan wanted to govern. I can see that he is/was a political actor who was working within the same guardrails as I and Democratic Party Congressmen and Senators are working. I don't think McCarthy cares much about guardrails (or, umm, policy) or governing. I think McCarthy cares about getting his as* in a seat of power.

So Ryan is not "beloved" by me, anyway. But he is like many, many GOP political actors of the past who were working through the same set of rules for the combat we call politics.
" Deliberately obtuse" I wish I knew that earlier. I do remember that Paul Ryan was never shown that much love on this or the old forum. From a brand new perspective he wasn't all that bad. Got it!! From my obtuse perspective ALL politicians want to keep their fannies in the seat of power.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

a fan wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:51 pm If the GOP voters REALLY saw that? They'd be voting for AOC and Bernie, and I told the forum that during the primaries.

If your claim was REMOTELY true? The GOP would be nominating Bernie types that were running ideas like taxing small business and multinationals at the same rate. Oh, and free training for kids to learn how to weld, or be an electrician, or teach them in construction.
My point is that I expect the GOP to migrate to a capitalist (and before you even start ... I know it ain't a "free market", there is no such thing as a free market that most people could survive...) version of Bernie. I even noted the similarity of motivation between Bernie Voters and Trump voters.

My further point is that Clinton out-maneuvered the GOP to curry favor with the ELITE. Yes, the GOP leadership of Cheney, Romney, McConnel et al are still trying to be that old GOP, but their voters have run to the Dems - who tell them they are saving the world while they actually rape it...

The future of the GOP, if it is going to have one - is going to have to be a coalition of working class / small business folks that brings together Bernie, Tulsi, Yang and MAGA voters. They are also going to have to convince a lot of minority voters that the old wing of the party was the one that hated them, but there is room in this new GOP - I think they are already making headway in the Hispanic communities and are obviously recruiting as many black politicians as they can.

What I describe sure as heck ain't our granpa's GOP, but its the only sustainable strategy they have left. It will also represent an almost 180 degree shift in the parties over my lifetime.

CU88

Post by CU88 »

Fox News: (spends days attacking the FBI) Why would someone attack an FBI building?

Return to “POLITICS”