Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
NattyBohChamps04

Re: Sensible Gun Safety

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:17 pm
LaxFan2000 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:04 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:57 am Where’s the stooped laughing emoji folks like to overuse so much??

This is total BS fraud.
If you are talking about your response, then yes it is correct. Keep seeking out that one poster that you don't like and belittling his every post. Everybody can see you do that with Cradle. What did he do to you to make you get so worked up every single time he posts? must have been bad from your view.
You have no idea what your talking about and keep making claims that are wrong. Enjoy being wrong and wrong with conviction.
It's a tired trope of bringing up Chicago around here.

Inner city gun violence, as well as mass shootings and other gun violence, has been discussed here ad nauseam for nearly two decades. I guess we have to post every single time there's inner city gun violence of any kind or else we don't care about it. 🤷
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:34 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:57 am Where’s the stooped laughing emoji folks like to overuse so much??

This is total BS fraud.
If you are talking about your response, then yes it is correct. Keep seeking out that one poster that you don't like and belittling his every post. Everybody can see you do that with Cradle. What did he do to you to make you get so worked up every single time he posts? must have been bad from your view.
You have no idea what your talking about and keep making claims that are wrong. Enjoy being wrong and wrong with conviction.

Inner city gun violence, as well as mass shootings and other gun violence, has been discussed here ad nauseam for nearly two decades. I guess we have to post every single time there's inner city gun violence of any kind or else we don't care about it. 🤷
That’s the playbook.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

This is total BS fraud.

Natty, just for your well being, if you are irritated by posts every time something in politics / current events happen, you may not want to visit a forum that discusses... politics / current events!

;)

Remember not every poster at Fanlax is like that certain over-the-top, self-important guy, itching for a response. Sometimes people post just post to inform/update about the topics regularly discussed in the thread.

Silence is NOT consent, no matter what some around here might say to try and bolster their argument.
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:53 am

This is total BS fraud.

Natty, just for your well being, if you are irritated by posts every time something in politics / current events happen, you may not want to visit a forum that discusses... politics / current events!

;)

Remember not every poster at Fanlax is like that certain over-the-top, self-important guy, itching for a response. Sometimes people post just post to inform/update about the topics regularly discussed in the thread.

Silence is NOT consent, no matter what some around here might say to try and bolster their argument.
Incredibly well-said!!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

This is total BS fraud.

;)

You didn't like Natty participating?

Urban gun violence has been discussed again and again and again on here; which is appropriate IMO, as it's a serious issue.

But the claim that no one cares is total BS, a trope.

And it's not remotely the same issue as mass shootings.
Nor suicides.
Nor accidents.

And the serious issue of urban gun violence is often used to distract from the discussion of those who wish to have stronger gun restrictions (eg most police and a majority of US citizens).
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:04 am

This is total BS fraud.

;)

Love the participation.

But the participation was just complaining...about inferred "required" participation.

Thus my explainer- "No response necessary." A lesson we ALL could learn from.

;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:10 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:04 am

This is total BS fraud.

;)

Love the participation.

But the participation was just complaining...about inferred "required" participation.

Thus my explainer- "No response necessary." A lesson we ALL could learn from.

;)
no, it's about the trope that it's not discussed, no one cares...apparently the only way to signal that people care is to address the issue yet again....arguing the same points over and over.

Natty was expressing frustration with that demand.
About the BS trope from 2000, who offers nothing of substance.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Urban gun violence has been discussed again and again and again on here; which is appropriate IMO, as it's a serious issue.

But the claim that no one cares is total BS, a trope.

And it's not remotely the same issue as mass shootings.
Nor suicides.
Nor accidents.

And the serious issue of urban gun violence is often used to distract from the discussion of those who wish to have stronger gun restrictions (eg most police and a majority of US citizens).

To address specific gun issues.
NattyBohChamps04

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:53 am Natty, just for your well being, if you are irritated by posts every time something in politics / current events happen, you may not want to visit a forum that discusses... politics / current events!

;)

I wasn't responding to your post. Feel free to keep posting updates whenever there are shootings. My post was in regards to LF2000's statement:
"nobody on this site seems to be concerned about that, at least from what I have seen in a few months on this thread" when that is patently untrue with years to decades of discussion of the topic. We hear that kind of stuff over and over from a few other posters as well.

As far as silence, I agree. People's silence over inner city shootings sometimes is NOT consent that that kind of gun violence is ok or that they don't care about it.

As far as all of the updates on Chicago shootings, I don't think I've seen much in the way of proposed solutions from the posters posting those stats.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Since you're now involved how 'bout you throw out some proposed solutions (oh, and good luck wif dat...more laws?).
NattyBohChamps04

DMac wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:10 am Since you're now involved how 'bout you throw out some proposed solutions (oh, and good luck wif dat...more laws?).
Some causes of gang and other shootings around Chicago.

* Poverty, income inequality, lack of economic opportunities and mobility
* Mass incarceration of black men and other issues leading to too many one-person households
* Too many unsecured guns which are easy to steal
* Disinvestment in communities by businesses and others leading to fewer activities and opportunities for kids to stay busy and keep out of trouble.
* Lack of moderation in social media - turf wars and problems have moved online like many other things in the country

Tackle some of that and you'll see shootings drop.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Causes and solutions are not synonymous. You asked for posters to come up with solutions, I then asked for you to follow your suggestion and come up with a couple yourself. I'd bet that every one of the causes you listed have been covered, and probably ad nauseam, several times by posters here. What to do, what to do?
NattyBohChamps04

DMac wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:26 pm Causes and solutions are not synonymous. You asked for posters to come up with solutions, I then asked for you to follow your suggestion and come up with a couple yourself. I'd bet that every one of the causes you listed have been covered, and probably ad nauseam, several times by posters here. What to do, what to do?
So you say that they've been covered? That's the whole point of my post - we've discussed these things for decades, and people waltz in and say we don't care.

Solutions?

* Legalize weed, release non-violent drug offenders.
* Restore tax levels to where they were when income inequality was lower, more social programs, mental health programs, job work programs, things to help people pull themselves out of poverty
* Require guns to be secured
* Incentivize businesses in bleak areas, food deserts, etc.
* Require more moderation of social media to monitor gang postings.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Thnx.
I'd add to marijuana (still a Sched 1 drug) legalization, all drugs.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:50 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:26 pm Causes and solutions are not synonymous. You asked for posters to come up with solutions, I then asked for you to follow your suggestion and come up with a couple yourself. I'd bet that every one of the causes you listed have been covered, and probably ad nauseam, several times by posters here. What to do, what to do?
So you say that they've been covered? That's the whole point of my post - we've discussed these things for decades, and people waltz in and say we don't care.

Solutions?

* Legalize weed, release non-violent drug offenders.
* Restore tax levels to where they were when income inequality was lower, more social programs, mental health programs, job work programs, things to help people pull themselves out of poverty
* Require guns to be secured
* Incentivize businesses in bleak areas, food deserts, etc.
* Require more moderation of social media to monitor gang postings.
So what is YOUR solution for convicted felons and violent parolees caught possessing ILLEGAL WEAPONS???? These are the folks doing the majority of the shootings and murders in the streets?? When the penalties for possessing and using ILLEGAL WEAPONS becomes prohibitive to the bad guys then they will become less willing to carry them. As a nation we have become willing to move heaven and earth to limit who can buy weapons. Maybe we should become willing to move heaven and earth to find the source of who is smuggling and transporting these weapons across state lines. Doing so should automatically make the crime a felony offense. The penalties should be so severe that the risk outweighs the rewards.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Pretty sure that illegal gun possession by those folks gives them another stint in jail.

I very much disagree that we've made it difficult to purchase weapons. It's super easy.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:06 pm Pretty sure that illegal gun possession by those folks gives them another stint in jail.

I very much disagree that we've made it difficult to purchase weapons. It's super easy.
It is easy if you don't have a criminal record. That is what the FBI check your friendly FFL dealer does before he can hand you your weapon. Correct me if I'm wrong but if your a convicted felon purchasing your weapon on the black market the FBI background check is not a problem? FTR, if your a law abiding citizen why shouldn't the purchase of a firearm be simple and easy.. once you pass the background check from your FFL dealer? :roll:
NattyBohChamps04

Possessing illegal weapons is a felony in many instances and states with years of jailtime and/or tens of thousands of dollars in fines. Much more punishment if there are additional circumstances such as being used in a crime.

The guys using them don't care how steep the punishment is for illegal weapons if they're willing to murder someone.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:06 pm Pretty sure that illegal gun possession by those folks gives them another stint in jail.

FTR most DAs in NYS don't prosecute weapons violations to the extent of the law they are allowed to. If they were more aggressive in prosecuting weapons possessions charges and became less willing to plea bargain the word would get around very quickly on the street.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:35 pm Possessing illegal weapons is a felony in many instances and states with years of jailtime and/or tens of thousands of dollars in fines. Much more punishment if there are additional circumstances such as being used in a crime.

The guys using them don't care how steep the punishment is for illegal weapons if they're willing to murder someone.
Because too many DAs plea deal weapons charges way down. When they refuse to plea deal and let a judge and jury decide then as a nation we will be getting somewhere.

Return to “POLITICS”