All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

Kismet

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Kismet »

LaxFan2000 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:01 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:42 am
LaxFan2000 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:03 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:48 pm Not many parents are having their toddlers vaccinated for COVID. My 17 month old granddaughter completed her vaccination for COVID 2+ weeks ago. No problem, no side effects, well except that she now shows up on the dog tracker app thanks to the micro chip in the vaccination formulation. Her parents find it a useful feature. :lol:
Serious question? Are you implying that the majority of the posters on this site don't believe in vaccination, therefore attempting to be humorous be]y insinuating that get vaccinated allows you to be tracked? Doesn't seem like anybody at all like that on this site, so it seems your humor is misplaced. Best to internalize things like that. Not everyone thinks its funny...
ahhh, it was funny.

The anti-vaccine movement is not funny.
I don't think any single poster on this site thinks the Anti-Vaccine movement is funny. What would would lead you to believe anybody who posts on this site does? I am not talking about those outside of this site. Seems like the intention of that post was to poke fun at people who JHU72 thinks are Anti-Vaccine that post on this site. Haven't seen one of those yet in my time on this site. And if there are, they are in the penalty box and why post something about them when they can't engage back in conversation? Just a little strange to me...
Joe may be in the penalty box - but you sure act and sound a LOT like him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so 72 can engage with you instead, JoeMauer2000 - nobody will see much of a difference in approach :D
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

Kismet wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:21 am
jhu72 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:48 pm Not many parents are having their toddlers vaccinated for COVID. My 17 month old granddaughter completed her vaccination for COVID 2+ weeks ago. No problem, no side effects, well except that she now shows up on the dog tracker app thanks to the micro chip in the vaccination formulation. Her parents find it a useful feature. :lol:
Serious question? Are you implying that the majority of the posters on this site don't believe in vaccination, therefore attempting to be humorous be]y insinuating that get vaccinated allows you to be tracked? Doesn't seem like anybody at all like that on this site, so it seems your humor is misplaced. Best to internalize things like that. Not everyone thinks its funny...
ahhh, it was funny.

I don't think any single poster on this site thinks the Anti-Vaccine movement is funny. What would would lead you to believe anybody who posts on this site does? I am not talking about those outside of this site. Seems like the intention of that post was to poke fun at people who JHU72 thinks are Anti-Vaccine that post on this site. Haven't seen one of those yet in my time on this site. And if there are, they are in the penalty box and why post something about them when they can't engage back in conversation? Just a little strange to me...
Joe may be in the penalty box - but you sure act and sound a LOT like him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so 72 can engage with you instead, JoeMauer2000 - nobody will see much of a difference in approach :D
Kismet-What is your obsession with accusing me of being Joe? How many times do I have to tell you that I am not him. If you persist, I will have to report your posts. I am attempting to engage, and you continually throw out these unfounded accusations? Why? You can think whatever you want, but I am not Joe. I'm not even going to bother with any further attempts to engage with you...
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

LaxFan2000 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:37 am
Kismet wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:21 am
ahhh, it was funny.

Kismet-What is your obsession with accusing me of being Joe? How many times do I have to tell you that I am not him. If you persist, I will have to report your posts. I am attempting to engage, and you continually throw out these unfounded accusations? Why? You can think whatever you want, but I am not Joe. I'm not even going to bother with any further attempts to engage with you...
Sure thing, Joe. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Turnabout is fair play - your behavioral description of me looks a lot like YOU :oops:

Stop pompously lecturing everyone else and otherwise acting a lot like Jailbird Joe and nobody will call you out about it. Try it. :D
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

ahhh, it was funny.

People on the forum like to discuss current events, not just posters' individual beliefs.

You're right, I'm not sure anyone is full anti-Vaxx on the forum. Some have suggested the COVID vaccines do not work though. Either way, JHU wasn't poking fun at any specific users on the forum, but at anti-vaxxers in general. Not every post on the forum is about an individual poster.

Do you have any comment on the slow uptake in vaccination rates among toddlers and children, or are you just going to discuss JHU's motivations and suggest he shouldn't post certain things?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:07 pm
ahhh, it was funny.

People on the forum like to discuss current events, not just posters' individual beliefs.

You're right, I'm not sure anyone is full anti-Vaxx on the forum. Some have suggested the COVID vaccines do not work though. Either way, JHU wasn't poking fun at any specific users on the forum, but at anti-vaxxers in general. Not every post on the forum is about an individual poster.

Do you have any comment on the slow uptake in vaccination rates among toddlers and children, or are you just going to discuss JHU's motivations and suggest he shouldn't post certain things?
One guy here wouldn’t get his daughter the HPV vaccine and was skeptical of COVID-19 vaccines.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ahhh, it was funny.

Indeed, there was all sorts of vaccine skepticism on this thread.
And all sorts of Covid conspiracy theories, as well as all sorts of what I call "snake-oil" remedy discussions others might call "alternative".

But I agree, '72 wasn't poking fun at any specific posters on this site, just a wry poke at those who have believed (and all too many still do) in various whack job ideas. Sort of "rather laugh than cry" approach to remark on the distressing reality that this anti-vax, distrust the experts, distrust the scientists, distrust the government thing has bled over into all sorts of resistance to public health requirements/recommendations.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:13 pm
ahhh, it was funny.

One guy here wouldn’t get his daughter the HPV vaccine and was skeptical of COVID-19 vaccines.
The father of the bride of the wedding I went to in Paris didn't come (lives in Massachusetts) because he was convinced it would mean that he'd have to show authorities he was vaccinated at some point, and he refuses to be vaccinated...whackadoodle reasons.
NattyBohChamps04

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:07 pm People on the forum like to discuss current events, not just posters' individual beliefs.

I know two women who've had LEEP procedures and always hope nothing further grows down the road. My kids (boys and girls) are getting the HPV vaccine the minute they're eligible. Cervical, anal and throat cancer are nasty things.
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

ahhh, it was funny.

It's unfortunate that vaccine uptake is low among toddlers and children? What is your fix regarding that? If the whole country wears masks maybe it will make their parents more likely to vaccinate their children? Are you surprised its so low? Hard to be with all the poor communication throughout this Pandemic on all sides. This is an unfortunate result of that. A lack of trust fleshing itself out in low child vaccine uptake. Whether its right or wrong, it's hard to see that this is not the case. How's that? Good enough for you?
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:22 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:07 pm People on the forum like to discuss current events, not just posters' individual beliefs.

I know two women who've had LEEP procedures and always hope nothing further grows down the road. My kids (boys and girls) are getting the HPV vaccine the minute they're eligible. Cervical, anal and throat cancer are nasty things.
Logical thing to do,, I myself got all of those vaccines. Including the CV-19. No reason not to. I just never expected it to prevent me from getting infected. Thus, I did twice. Minor, minor symptoms both times. That's why I took the vaccine, to increase the potential of lessening the symptoms when I did contract CV-19. Because it's mostly inevitable for nearly all of the population. Those that are vaccinated, will likely deal with it and move on. Those that are not, are taking their own calculated risk...
NattyBohChamps04

LaxFan2000 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:49 pm It's unfortunate that vaccine uptake is low among toddlers and children? What is your fix regarding that? If the whole country wears masks maybe it will make their parents more likely to vaccinate their children? Are you surprised its so low? Hard to be with all the poor communication throughout this Pandemic on all sides. This is an unfortunate result of that. A lack of trust fleshing itself out in low child vaccine uptake. Whether its right or wrong, it's hard to see that this is not the case. How's that? Good enough for you?
You should lead with that the first time, you'd get much better responses all around.

And yes, it's unfortunate that vaccination rates are low. It just gives the virus more opportunities to spread, replicate, and mutate and injure or kill those who are vulnerable. I haven't had much difficulty following the communication and recommendations as they came out. It wasn't perfect and some made more sense than others, but it also didn't help having a very large bullhorn of misinformation and snake oil solutions constantly sounding from many sources. Such is the "information age"
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:56 pm
LaxFan2000 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:49 pm It's unfortunate that vaccine uptake is low among toddlers and children? What is your fix regarding that? If the whole country wears masks maybe it will make their parents more likely to vaccinate their children? Are you surprised its so low? Hard to be with all the poor communication throughout this Pandemic on all sides. This is an unfortunate result of that. A lack of trust fleshing itself out in low child vaccine uptake. Whether its right or wrong, it's hard to see that this is not the case. How's that? Good enough for you?
You should lead with that the first time, you'd get much better responses all around.

And yes, it's unfortunate that vaccination rates are low. It just gives the virus more opportunities to spread, replicate, and mutate and injure or kill those who are vulnerable. I haven't had much difficulty following the communication and recommendations as they came out. It wasn't perfect and some made more sense than others, but it also didn't help having a very large bullhorn of misinformation and snake oil solutions constantly sounding from many sources. Such is the "information age"
Agreed, unfortunately not much is going to change that....
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:19 pm
ahhh, it was funny.

The father of the bride of the wedding I went to in Paris didn't come (lives in Massachusetts) because he was convinced it would mean that he'd have to show authorities he was vaccinated at some point, and he refuses to be vaccinated...whackadoodle reasons.
I am heading over soon. Taking my vaccination card but don’t believe I need it.
Typical Lax Dad

LaxFan2000 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:59 pm

When they see the kids in the neighborhood like this, it will change…

LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:23 pm

Any parent that subject's their kids to the potential to contract Polio is horribly negligent. Nice for someone to be as hopeful as you are. Glad I am vaccinated against Polio. My parents made the right decision.
Typical Lax Dad

LaxFan2000 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:37 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:23 pm

Any parent that subject's their kids to the potential to contract Polio is horribly negligent. Nice for someone to be as hopeful as you are. Glad I am vaccinated against Polio. My parents made the right decision.
I am a realist. You see how many people are lining up for the Monkey Pox Vaccine?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Your parents weren't given a choice, as the polio vaccine is mandated in all 50 States for K-12 and daycare entry.

They didn't have to make a "decision". But back in those days (pre-2020), people actually listened to doctors, followed laws, and kept their kids from getting freaking polio.

Not anymore, apparently, as a new strain of stupidity has taken hold in our country.
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:48 pm
Your parents weren't given a choice, as the polio vaccine is mandated in all 50 States for K-12 and daycare entry.

They didn't have to make a "decision". But back in those days (pre-2020), people actually listened to doctors, followed laws, and kept their kids from getting freaking polio.

Not anymore, apparently, as a new strain of stupidity has taken hold in our country.
Agreed, thanks for pointing that out.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Kismet wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:50 am Sure thing, Joe. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Turnabout is fair play - your behavioral description of me looks a lot like YOU :oops:

Stop pompously lecturing everyone else and otherwise acting a lot like Jailbird Joe and nobody will call you out about it. Try it. :D
Kismet (and all), no personal attacks...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ahhh, it was funny.

... it was not just funny -- it was drink out the nose funny :lol: :lol: ;)
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”