January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by CU88 »

Minutes after Guy Reffitt was sentenced to 7 years in Capitol riot case... his daughter calls for "life in prison" for 2xIMPOTUS o d

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 5651596295
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:42 am
...as you say, they don't appear to have large amounts of fraud. If it's so great why are so few states doing it ?
Having a modern registration and voting system gets more people voting. GOP, duh obvious, does not support that.

CO is #1 in the USA for percentage of eligible voters who are registered. Only state in the Union where you are AUTOMATICALLY registered to vote (via highly secure, high ID, DMV systems). So almost everyone is already automatically registered when they turn 18, renew their license or move into the state. Your voter registration address is also automatically updated when you move. So efficient, so logical.

And #2 in the USA in 2020 for registered voter turnout. So in 2020 76.4% of eligible voters voted in CO. In Texas, only 52% of eligible voters voted.

Maybe Salty should spend his time worrying about why all those eligible voters in TX don't vote. 52% is scandalously horrible.

Instead he wastes his and our time bleating about voter fraud, Bigfoot sightings and Benghazi. JFC.

To be fair, some blue states (i.e. NYS) have horrible voting systems too.
"Having a modern registration and voting system gets more people voting. GOP, duh obvious, does not support that"

Well then duh... a modern day voting system would and should include voter ID.....DUUUUUUUUUHHHHH. It would not matter what the GOP supports if the voting system guarantees that only people registered to vote actually vote. Is that NOT what the bone of contention is all about???
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:51 am Minutes after Guy Reffitt was sentenced to 7 years in Capitol riot case... his daughter calls for "life in prison" for 2xIMPOTUS o d

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 5651596295
Good luck with that, you can murder a police officer in cold blood and very likely never be given a life sentence. :roll:
ggait

Post by ggait »

Cra —

Colorado does voter id strongly. By piggy backing on the id and citizenship information required at the dmv, social security, Medicare/caid offices.

We just don’t pointlessly jerk people around for no reason other than to make it hard for legal voters to vote.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:42 am
Kismet wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:10 am
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:38 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:53 pm Signed military paperwork is everywhere, and you know it. Much more so than civilian life. Not hard to find signatures on base, and you know it. This isn't secure, and I'm with you----we need to move to in person, ID in hand voting. THAT will solve this security issue you're so concerned about, OS.
:lol: ...you have zero knowledge of what you speak. You are just flailing now.

You continue to equate requested absentee ballots with unsolicited junk mail ballots which I have opposed from the start.
No matter how many times I point out the distinction, you persist in lumping them together.
How do you explain those states that use mail-in ballots that are sent unsolicited to ALL voters like AZ, CA, CO, UT and WA don't appear to have large amounts of fraud as you claim with unsolicited mail-in ballots? What about FL - who had a very sound mail-in ballot system until DOPUS and DeSantis blew it up.

Is Uncle Joe the legitimate POTUS in your world?
...as you say, they don't appear to have large amounts of fraud. If it's so great why are so few states doing it ?
Because it increases voter turnout. Your team doesn't want that, remember? Voter turnout is bad for Republicans.

Do you really think the forum is so dumb that we don't know that you already know this?
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

I am curious as to whether there is any actual evidence that mail-in ballots do in fact increase voter turnout.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
a fan

Post by a fan »

HooDat wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:30 am I am curious as to whether there is any actual evidence that mail-in ballots do in fact increase voter turnout.
Of course there is. And Colorado is the poster child for moving to this system.....

Using large voter file data and a difference-in-differences design within individuals, we find a positive overall turnout effect of approximately 8 percentage points—translating into an additional 900,000 ballots being cast between 2014 and 2018. Effects are significantly larger among lower-propensity voting groups, such as young people, blue-collar workers, voters with less educational attainment, and voters of color.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 9421000822
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:05 am Cra —

Colorado does voter id strongly. By piggy backing on the id and citizenship information required at the dmv, social security, Medicare/caid offices.

We just don’t pointlessly jerk people around for no reason other than to make it hard for legal voters to vote.
The solution is very simple, voter ID for all voters. All voters should be allowed the time and opportunity to receive a picture ID free of charge that identifies them as a US citizen eligible to vote. It sort of simplifies the entire process no matter if you vote in person or by absentee ballot. IMO mail in ballots are a great idea. They need to be post marked at the very latest on the day of the election. I myself have always voted in person and have never had any problem having my address and signature verified at the polling place.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Praise Jeebus!!!

Raised from the dead.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... tion-false

‘It turned out not to be true. After investigating the allegations thoroughly, analysts found just one person who was actually dead at the time of the election.

“After spending hundreds of hours reviewing these allegations, our investigators were able to determine that only one of the 282 individuals on the list was deceased at the time of the election. All other persons listed as deceased were found to be current voters,” Arizona’s attorney general, Mark Brnovich, a Republican, wrote in a Monday letter to state senate president Karen Fann, who authorized the review.

Brnovich added: “Our agents investigated all individuals that Cyber Ninjas reported as dead, and many were very surprised to learn they were allegedly deceased.”‘
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:12 am Praise Jeebus!!!

Raised from the dead.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... tion-false

‘It turned out not to be true. After investigating the allegations thoroughly, analysts found just one person who was actually dead at the time of the election.

“After spending hundreds of hours reviewing these allegations, our investigators were able to determine that only one of the 282 individuals on the list was deceased at the time of the election. All other persons listed as deceased were found to be current voters,” Arizona’s attorney general, Mark Brnovich, a Republican, wrote in a Monday letter to state senate president Karen Fann, who authorized the review.

Brnovich added: “Our agents investigated all individuals that Cyber Ninjas reported as dead, and many were very surprised to learn they were allegedly deceased.”‘
This is ancient history but still worth a chuckle. Did all those dead people in Chicago really vote for JFK??? Who really knows??? 😅 One more bit of ancient history... Some racist hate filled conservative KKK Democrat named Robert Byrd was the waiting in the wings to take over in case of a tie. This scenario would have created quite the conundrum for our resident Nixon supporter .... :D of course, we all know that the racist, hate filled former KKK leader redeemed himself in the eyes of all Democrats... He even became a hero to liberal Democrats... Redemption is possible for anyone...
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The Moron has attempted to change the entire voting landscape in America and Cranky calls it "ancient history". Hey, i guess if there's a Neanderthal living in upstate, "ancient history" must be relevant. Millions of people BELIEVE the "ancient history" you want to denigrate, Crankshaft...of all people around here, you should be one that knows the value of "learning from history". 8-)

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:54 am The Moron has attempted to change the entire voting landscape in America and Cranky calls it "ancient history". Hey, i guess if there's a Neanderthal living in upstate, "ancient history" must be relevant. Millions of people BELIEVE the "ancient history" you want to denigrate, Crankshaft...of all people around here, you should be one that knows the value of "learning from history". 8-)

You never disappoint Dis...never. does the word neanderthal really deserve a capital N???? ;). I should be honored you would use a capital letter in any word describing me. You getting soft in your old age??? ;)
ggait

Post by ggait »

This is ancient history but still worth a chuckle.
Not a chuckle. Just a weak ass effort to distract from the real issues facing us currently.

How about you check this out instead Cranky.

Eight GOP conservative judges and former elected officials did this:
"we painstakingly surveyed each of the 187 counts in the 64 court cases brought on Trump’s behalf contesting the results of the 2020 election, the state recounts and contests brought in the name of the former president, and the post-election reviews undertaken in the six key battleground states (Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin) to determine whether there is any fire amidst all the smoke."
And their conclusion:
“But there is absolutely no evidence of fraud in the 2020 Presidential Election on the magnitude necessary to shift the result in any state, let alone the nation as a whole. In fact, there was no fraud that changed the outcome in even a single precinct. It is wrong, and bad for our country, for people to propagate baseless claims that President Biden’s election was not legitimate.”

https://lostnotstolen.org/
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

ggait wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:05 pm
Not a chuckle. Just a weak ass effort to distract from the real issues facing us currently.

"we painstakingly surveyed each of the 187 counts in the 64 court cases brought on Trump’s behalf contesting the results of the 2020 election, the state recounts and contests brought in the name of the former president, and the post-election reviews undertaken in the six key battleground states (Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin) to determine whether there is any fire amidst all the smoke."
And their conclusion:
“But there is absolutely no evidence of fraud in the 2020 Presidential Election on the magnitude necessary to shift the result in any state, let alone the nation as a whole. In fact, there was no fraud that changed the outcome in even a single precinct. It is wrong, and bad for our country, for people to propagate baseless claims that President Biden’s election was not legitimate.”

Problemo; requires reading.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:20 pm

And their conclusion:

Problemo; requires reading.
Yep.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

And their conclusion:

If we could have skipped the political screaming and wailing of both parties, and just allowed a grown up analysis (like this) - everyone would have a much higher degree of confidence in our election processes.

I contended at the time, if people are worried about something the way to assure them is not to say - "you're an idiot, you have nothing to worry about". Instead, you might want to actually listen to their concerns and take them on as an opportunity to show how good the process works and perhaps to make it better.

Instead the Dems want to paint the Republicans as racists neanderthals, and the GOP wants to rile up their base on ridiculous claims of election fraud and "stolen" elections....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
old salt

Post by old salt »

In 2020, not all states were as well equipped or prepared to go to all-mail voting as CO is.
They don't have the Voter ID<=>DMV infrastructure that CO has & are not willing to make that investment.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:16 pm In 2020, not all states were as well equipped or prepared to go to all-mail voting as CO is.
They don't have the Voter ID<=>DMV infrastructure that CO has & are not willing to make that investment.
Rome wasn’t built in a day. Aspirational. We can do better. More voter participation is better than less. Get on board. The train is leaving.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

HooDat wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:14 pm If we could have skipped the political screaming and wailing of both parties, and just allowed a grown up analysis (like this) - everyone would have a much higher degree of confidence in our election processes.

I contended at the time, if people are worried about something the way to assure them is not to say - "you're an idiot, you have nothing to worry about". Instead, you might want to actually listen to their concerns and take them on as an opportunity to show how good the process works and perhaps to make it better.

Instead the Dems want to paint the Republicans as racists neanderthals, and the GOP wants to rile up their base on ridiculous claims of election fraud and "stolen" elections....
Respectfully disagree on several points.

1. These are fake complaints. I've already demonstrated that these are fake complaints in multiple posts.

a. if the ballots were fraudulent, why are the complainers ONLY talking about one single election on a ballot with DOZENS of issues and candidates? That shows that this is a 100% nonsense complaint. Republicans all took their seats when they won, and no one questioned this. And no one questioned important ballot initiatives. Sorry, but if you can't see how stupid this break with logic is, you're either an infant or an idiot. These are not honest, serious complaints, sorry.

b. no one complained about the same systems when it came to 2022 Primaries. To me, this is the smoking gun: people don't complain about election security when the Republicans win. That tells you that they do indeed trust election systems. They're just complaining because Trump told them to, and to ONLY complain when Republicans lose. Sorry, that doesn't square, and if you're telling us to treat these voters like adults? Adults get called out when they're not making any sense, or when they are flat out lying. Welcome to adulthood.

2. Elections are an open book, and always have been. You can meet with your County elections clerk any time you like. They'd be OVERJOYED to walk you through how they run their election. The rules, the laws, the MO.....and importantly...the AUDIT, which every election clerk in the country executes and reports in one way or another. It's all right there for any serious adult who honestly wants to learn about how their elections are run. As it should be!! My election commissioner was a regular at my pub in Ann Arbor. He took his job VERY seriously. And boy, did that man know his Michigan and Ann Arbor history. The exact guy you want in charge of these matters. Low key, no politics.

All that said? I agree that the best path would have been to do what you suggest. The part I quibble about is that that's not treating voters like adults. But in the end, who cares about that, right? Fight back against the lies and dumb*ss internet BAMN, I agree with you!
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:16 pm In 2020, not all states were as well equipped or prepared to go to all-mail voting as CO is.
You are intentionally leaving out that these States were audited, and no fraud was found. This is intellectually dishonest.

In the end, you have to point at the scoreboard, OS, and tip your hat to the Americans in charge of our elections, OS.

Return to “POLITICS”