The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:26 pm yeah, he should go on a steady diet of Big Macs and Diet Cokes...served the last guy well, right?? :lol:

Whatta ya got against Big Macs and Diet Cokes?? I'm surprised you forget to throw in the order of fries too. FTR, every once in awhile I take Roxy to the drive thru at Mickey Ds. She loves her plain hamburger... I always go for a small unsweetened ice tea. I'm guessing if BHO could duck his wife long enough he would scarf down a Big Mac and fries himself.. maybe even two? :D

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ju ... 6PC%3dU531
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

.....Biden claimed they can do nothing about gas prices, then pat themselves on the back when gas prices drop: https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/155130 ... dpagp6usuA

He is such a great leader.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

You call THAT a "pat on the back"?

No, a "pat on the back" comes from people that believe the guy who constantly says "i alone can fix it".

Many voters are SO low-information...and pretty clueless.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:59 am You call THAT a "pat on the back"?

No, a "pat on the back" comes from people that believe the guy who constantly says "i alone can fix it".

Many voters are SO low-information...and pretty clueless.

Do you live in some kind of alternate hate-filled reality? It really seems like it. I don't know why in the world you felt you had to defend that post. It was not inflammatory in any manner whatsoever.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Why?
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"Defend that post"?? Was not defending it, was ridiculing the shallowness of it. YA calls J'Biden a bad leader because he draws attention to falling gas prices. Biden didn't take credit for it. Banana republicans want to tear him down because of high gas prices. Why? Politics. Inflation is all Joe Biden's fault. Will republiCons credit him when inflation abates? Of course not.

Why such a tender snowflake, LaxFan2000? Full of grievance and victimhood?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Current map of where you can now get regular gas for under $4 per gallon:

Costco in Spartanburg, SC yesterday was something like $3.45 for regular and $3.99 for premium...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Biden earns some positive points, continues completion of some Trump wall, must be getting close to election time, even gas is dropping, timing is impeccable: https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/29/politics ... index.html
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:45 pm Biden earns some positive points, continues completion of some Trump wall, must be getting close to election time, even gas is dropping, timing is impeccable: https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/29/politics ... index.html
The price of gas is dropping because the feds and many states have rolled back their taxes on a gallon of gas. Anybody want to guess what happens after the elections in November??? :D What would the price of a gallon of gas be if the gas taxes were not reduced?? You want to really impress the American people... make the tax cuts permanent. :D
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:29 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:45 pm Biden earns some positive points, continues completion of some Trump wall, must be getting close to election time, even gas is dropping, timing is impeccable: https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/29/politics ... index.html
The price of gas is dropping because the feds and many states have rolled back their taxes on a gallon of gas. Anybody want to guess what happens after the elections in November??? :D What would the price of a gallon of gas be if the gas taxes were not reduced?? You want to really impress the American people... make the tax cuts permanent. :D
The Feds have not rolled back ANY taxes yet. Where I live when the state tax was suspended the price/gal went UP for a period of time.
The price of gas is falling because the price of crude has dropped concurrently with a drop in demand. Release of inventory of crude from the SPR plus more global crude suppl;y also contributes to the recent decline in crude oil prices.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:43 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:29 pm
The Feds have not rolled back ANY taxes yet. Where I live when the state tax was suspended the price/gal went UP for a period of time.
The price of gas is falling because the price of crude has dropped concurrently with a drop in demand. Release of inventory of crude from the SPR plus more global crude suppl;y also contributes to the recent decline in crude oil prices.
Using reg vs all formulations (not knowing the engineering at refineries if they can move production from reg to other blends easily so beat proxy) we peaked 6/13

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/GASREGCOVW
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
DocBarrister

National Security: Democrats Get the Job Done

Post by DocBarrister »

It’s been a consistent pattern with respect to national security: Republicans are incompetent (W. Bush and Trump) while Democrats get the job done.

Fact is, while Republicans floundered and never managed to get Osama bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri, it was Democrats Obama and Biden that killed the top two terrorists responsible for the 9/11 attacks.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/01/world/za ... index.html

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
youthathletics

Re: National Security: Democrats Get the Job Done

Post by youthathletics »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:43 am It’s been a consistent pattern with respect to national security: Republicans are incompetent (W. Bush and Trump) while Democrats get the job done.

Fact is, while Republicans floundered and never managed to get Osama bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri, it was Democrats Obama and Biden that killed the top two terrorists responsible for the 9/11 attacks.

DocBarrister
Bill Clinton had plenty of chances to avoid 9-11.

“It’s hard to believe now, but back in the late ’90s, most of the Washington national security establishment — including President Clinton, the State Department, the Department of Defense — simply did not view Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda as a serious threat,” Barker told Yahoo! “The handful of U.S. officials who saw the looming threat clearly — and there were some, mostly mid-level officers at the CIA’s bin Laden unit and the counter-terrorism branch at the FBI — tried in vain to raise alarm bells at the highest levels, but were often ignored and even ridiculed.”
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:18 am
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:43 am It’s been a consistent pattern with respect to national security: Republicans are incompetent (W. Bush and Trump) while Democrats get the job done.

DocBarrister

“It’s hard to believe now, but back in the late ’90s, most of the Washington national security establishment — including President Clinton, the State Department, the Department of Defense — simply did not view Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda as a serious threat,” Barker told Yahoo! “The handful of U.S. officials who saw the looming threat clearly — and there were some, mostly mid-level officers at the CIA’s bin Laden unit and the counter-terrorism branch at the FBI — tried in vain to raise alarm bells at the highest levels, but were often ignored and even ridiculed.”
Those who can't remember the past are condemned to repeat it.. Have the powers that be in DC actually decided to learn anything from 9/11??? WE are willing to vaporize surgically those we believe that are guilty... just don't waterboard them in the process. We can kill em..... just don't make em feel uncomfortable.... That is the logic of Dislaxxic... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

DocBarrister

Yes; I have always understood that the Clinton Administration just didn't appreciate the threat posed by OBL, although there were folks working in counterintelligence and security who earnestly believed OBL was a genuine and serious threat. This is an area in which we might try to agree on a non-partisan basis that we need good people in positions of oversight, analysis and responsibility, and that mistakes will be made. Blaming presidential administrations for the occasional intelligence failures and their consequences seems like a bad idea.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:59 am

DocBarrister

Yes; I have always understood that the Clinton Administration just didn't appreciate the threat posed by OBL, although there were folks working in counterintelligence and security who earnestly believed OBL was a genuine and serious threat. This is an area in which we might try to agree on a non-partisan basis that we need good people in positions of oversight, analysis and responsibility, and that mistakes will be made. Blaming presidential administrations for the occasional intelligence failures and their consequences seems like a bad idea.
+1
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DocBarrister

Excellent post Mr Coaster. Hindsight is always 20/20. I could not agree more with your logic. The sad part is that the sitting POTUS will always be blamed. If memory serves me correct GWB and his people overlooked the intel leading up to 9/11. When your trying to sort through the 1000s of threats you receive every day, the one you miss is the one that comes back to bite you in the ass.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

DocBarrister

We should be holding all our elected and non-elected government workers to far higher standards than we do.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:25 am the one you miss is the one that comes back to bite you in the ass
especially when the one you miss ends up with airplanes crashing into iconic US buildings full of people, or auguring into fields in Pennsylvania.....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

HooDat wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:27 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:25 am the one you miss is the one that comes back to bite you in the ass
especially when the one you miss ends up with airplanes crashing into iconic US buildings full of people, or auguring into fields in Pennsylvania.....
What precautions could have been taken??? If word leaks out of the potential threat then mass panic breaks out. The Bush administration had the intell that something was up involving airplanes. I'm not defending their lack of not doing something to try and understand the sensitive nature of how do you accomplish that goal? IMO they just never comprehended the extent of the co-ordination and the dedication these people had to achieving their objective. We learned our lesson the hard way.

Return to “POLITICS”