Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: The Mueller Investigation

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:48 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:24 am
6ftstick wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:35 am
a fan wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:00 am
6ftstick wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:06 pm Who was President when Putin ruined American democracy? Was there aver an investigation?
Who's going to investigate? Have you forgotten that FoxNation thinks the Deep State (cue ominous music) is everywhere? Hannity and Rush hammered the DoJ and FBI for two straight years....so tell me: what now? You don't trust them, remember?

Whoops. Forgot about that detail. Or, wait, wait---don't tell me: you trust the FBI and DoJ if they're investigating anyone with a little D by their name, right?
6ftstick wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:06 pm You do know Tony Podesta—partner and brother of Hillarys campaign chief—NEVER filed as an agent for a foreign government. One of the "crimes" Manafort was indicted for. No charges!
Right. Let me help you here. Investigations are handled by the Executive Branch of our Government. Guess who's been in charge of that particular branch of our government for over two years now? Yep. Donald Trump.

So now you're stuck here. If you're mad that there's no investigation----horrors-----you have to blame Trump for not investigating. But don't worry. I'm sure you'll find a way to blame Nancy Pelosi instead. So you can relax.
6ftstick wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:06 pm You know Diane Feinsteins driver for twenty years was a Chinese agent. The FBI warned her about him rather than create a special prosecutor to investigate Chinese collusion or have Armed FBI agents raid her lawyers home at dawn and confiscate all his files. Nothing ever was investigated!
See above. Would you like me to get you the address of the White House so you can lodge a formal complaint?

Why'd you vote for Trump if you're not going to hold him accountable for doing his job?

I know, I know.....you're afraid of them revoking your Republican decoder ring. But at some point, are you planning on actually holding these guys accountable for doing their jobs?
So which is it. Trump is the king of the executive branch therefore he can OBSTRUCT the Mueller investigation OR he's so powerless that he can't get the executive branch to do anything to his benefit.

You keep missing the point skippy. People with R's after there names are treated much differently than those who carry a D moniker. The facts are obvious.
Can I get you some cheese to go with that whine 6ft?

You "know" this stuff because no one reported it, no one bothered to look into it???

Did the Bush administration look into Feinstein's "Chinese agent" driver???

Do you really imagine that the FBI and DOJ run by Trump appointees haven't looked at Podesta???

Ever consider that folks got turned or were used to feed false information?

It's downright crazy to think that the FBI and DOJ don't nail the bad guys, when they can, or use them for counterintelligence purposes.

In the Trump and co case, the FBI went to Trump himself and to his campaign and warned them about the Russian interference campaign, asked them about any approaches (lied to about it), and asked them to report anything (they didn't and kept having contacts, lied about them).

Had the Trump campaign simply said, 'gosh, we're rookies at this stuff, here's what we've seen from Russians', and reported all approaches going forward, then all good. Counterintelligence opportunity.

But that's not the path they chose.

Bad guys get nailed when they come to the attention of the FBI.
Manafort put himself in their crosshairs. Bad guy.

Stop whining for him.

I have no idea what you are trying to say in 1st para. No, Trump is not "king of the executive branch". But, yes, he can definitely obstruct justice, he's not above the law. And no, while not "king", he's far from "powerless.

But what the heck are you even trying to say?
Has anyone been indicted with a D after their name?
Democrats get indicted all the time. Criminals come in all political stripes.

But I suppose you mean having to do with the Trump Administration or perhaps the Russian interference operation in the 2016 campaign or thereafter?

I was confused by your examples of Podesta and Feinstein's driver.

Yup, Flynn.

He started getting paid by Turkey and Russia, and lied about it, as well as didn't register. He put himself in that soup.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:19 am
old salt wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:41 am It can't be a tin foil hat conspiracy theory. The BBC is reporting it.
Halper & his fellow MI-6/FBI/CIA informants ruined the lady's life, in their zeal to entrap Flynn.
Maybe Flynn will consider collateral damage next time he lies.
So now blame it on Flynn because our IC (with allies) fabricated a honey trap yarn, based on events in 2014, & leaked it to the media when Flynn joined the Trump campaign in 2016, dragging an innocent woman into it.

That's Flynn's fault ? Because of Flynn's supposed "lie" in Jan 2017.

Bumbling Deep State spies, don't care whose lives they ruin, in their zeal to sabotage Trump.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:53 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:41 am It can't be a tin foil hat conspiracy theory. The BBC is reporting it.
Halper & his fellow MI-6/FBI/CIA informants ruined the lady's life, in their zeal to entrap Flynn.
So now blame it on Flynn because our IC (with allies) fabricated a honey trap yarn, based on events in 2014, & leaked it to the media when Flynn joined the Trump campaign in 2016, dragging an innocent woman into it.

Bumbling Deep State spies, don't care whose lives they ruin, in their zeal to sabotage Trump.
Sorry to barge in.....just saw this on the Svetlana Lokhova Twitter feed this morning.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Flynn admitted his responsibility. No getting around d it or rationalizing it.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"Sorry to barge in.....just saw this on the Svetlana Lokhova Twitter feed this morning."

And -- serious question -- could you now tell me what it means?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:06 am
old salt wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:53 pm

Sorry to barge in.....just saw this on the Svetlana Lokhova Twitter feed this morning.
It'll be interesting to see (if not redacted) what the Mueller team found on Lukhova and Flynn. There were claims that our intelligence included flirty emails between the two, not just the single meeting. Likewise, there were concerns that she was/is connected at the Kremlin, one data point being the very unusual access she was given to Soviet files.

Maybe she's every bit as innocent as she claims. Maybe she was totally framed.
Maybe not.

But that's the sort of thing one would hope was explored adequately to reach a determination. But it may not get revealed if the full report doesn't get seen.

But one would hope that if she's actually 'cleared' 100%, the Mueller report would say so.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:24 am "Sorry to barge in.....just saw this on the Svetlana Lokhova Twitter feed this morning."

For the life of me, I will never understand the infatuation with what is on twitter, facebook or other social media platforms.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:38 am
seacoaster wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:24 am "Sorry to barge in.....just saw this on the Svetlana Lokhova Twitter feed this morning."

For the life of me, I will never understand the infatuation with what is on twitter, facebook or other social media platforms.
I like Twitter because you often hear directly from the source 1st hand. No different than us posting sources to links written by a journalist 2nd hand. You can then corroborate the two and form your own opinion. I follow TWP, NYT, CNN, MSNBC, etc as well you can then get a quick pulse on what the stories of the day will be.

I also do not sit at a desk every day and log a lot of road miles, so access to a desk and computer over coffee or lunch or in between meetings is not something I have the ability to do.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

So what does the "tweet" from this woman mean, YA?
old salt

Post by old salt »

OCanada wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:08 am Flynn admitted his responsibility. No getting around d it or rationalizing it.
What does that have to do with FBI/CIA informant Halper introducing Flynn to Svetlana Lokhova in 2014 ?

Halper smeared an innocent woman to enhance the "intel" he was selling to his client.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:58 pm
OCanada wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:08 am Flynn admitted his responsibility. No getting around d it or rationalizing it.
What does that have to do with FBI/CIA informant Halper introducing him to Svetlana Lokhova in 2014 ?
It was in reference to his lying and various other acts, some of which were redacted. He's admitted responsibility for those choices.

We really don't know the whole story with Svetlana, perhaps it was all lot of baloney. But might not be. Hopefully the Mueller report will clear that up, either finding her and his relationship problematic, or clearing her and this matter 100%. It's an open question at this point. If she's actually clean as whistle, it's indeed a travesty and there should be an accounting for those who falsely put her in the soup (by falsely I mean knowingly falsely, if that's the case).

But regardless, Flynn did some stuff that he should not have done. We know some of it, but not all.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:58 pm What does that have to do with FBI/CIA informant Halper introducing Flynn to Svetlana Lokhova in 2014 ?

Halper smeared an innocent woman to enhance the "intel" he was selling to his client.
And you know she's innocent, how?

Why do you keep skipping over who's REALLY to blame? Putin. Putin is actively mucking with our elections.

So yep, when Russians are actively courting our Generals and elected officials...guess what might happen?

But for whatever reason, you don't want to hear this, and want our intel to do nothing, and wave anything and everything through.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:25 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:58 pm What does that have to do with FBI/CIA informant Halper introducing Flynn to Svetlana Lokhova in 2014 ?

And you know she's innocent, how?

Why do you keep skipping over who's REALLY to blame? Putin. Putin is actively mucking with our elections.

So yep, when Russians are actively courting our Generals and elected officials...guess what might happen?

But for whatever reason, you don't want to hear this, and want our intel to do nothing, and wave anything and everything through.
Innocent of what ? You know she's not innocent ? ...of what ? Some bogus honey trap yarn ginned up by an unreliable Fleet Street muckraker -- Luke Harding. The WP checked out the story & didn't run with it, that's why she's calling out Ignatius on Twitter. Why no response by the WP ?

Putin had nothing to do with this. It happened in 2014 & was done to undermine Flynn when he was DIA.
Used again by Halper in 2016 to bolster his client's collusion case.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Alright. I'm totally lost.

Can you please explain specifically what the problem is here, and why this in the Mueller thread?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:03 pm Alright. I'm totally lost.

Can you please explain specifically what the problem is here, and why this in the Mueller thread?
Read the BBC story again. FBI informant Halper invited Svetlana to the dinner he hosted for then DIA Flynn in 2014, after his first visit to Russia.
then Halper used it again in 2016 to cast doubt on Flynn with the FBI in 2016.

Then he leaks it to a muckraker at the Guardian, then it's picked up by the NYT/WP then it's used to cast doubt on Flynn & bolster the Russia collusion theory.

Svetlana is smeared as a Russian spy, damaged professionally & is trying to get the MSM to do accurate reporting about her.
The BBC finally complies, while the WP continues to "polish the turd", as she says.

Another innocent's life ruined by the Deep State's Russia Collusion hoax.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:24 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:03 pm Alright. I'm totally lost.

Read the BBC story again. FBI informant Halper invited Svetlana to the dinner he hosted for then DIA Flynn in 2014, after his first visit to Russia.
then Halper used it again in 2016 to cast doubt on Flynn with the FBI in 2016.

Then he leaks it to a muckraker at the Guardian, then it's picked up by the NYT/WP then it's used to cast doubt on Flynn & bolster the Russia collusion theory.

Svetlana is smeared as a Russian spy, damaged professionally & is trying to get the MSM to do accurate reporting about her.
The BBC finally complies, while the WP continues to "polish the turd", as she says.

Another innocent's life ruined by the Deep State's Russia Collusion hoax.
You gloss over why she was suspected of being connected to the Kremlin/GRU. We don't know if she's actually an 'innocent'.

Whether she was actually cozying up to Flynn or just set up, we don't know.

Hopefully we'll get those answers in the Mueller report.
If she's 'clean', it should clear her. If it's redacted...
a fan

Post by a fan »

Ah, so I do understand the complaint, old salt.

I'm right: don't lie about meeting Russians. If Flynn and Trump didn't play their stupid games, and lie every chance they get....all this paranoia goes away, and it's a nothing story.

You desperately want to blame everyone but Trump's crew.

I have never understood this. You know they lied non stop. You know he's not fit for office. You know all these people weren't properly vetted.

But you don't want to---not even for a second--- put even one scintilla of blame on them for all this collateral damage. It's always someone else's fault.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:38 pm Ah, so I do understand the complaint, old salt.

I'm right: don't lie about meeting Russians. If Flynn and Trump didn't play their stupid games, and lie every chance they get....all this paranoia goes away, and it's a nothing story.

I have never understood this. You know they lied non stop. You know he's not fit for office. You know all these people weren't properly vetted.

But you don't want to---not even for a second--- put even one scintilla of blame on them for all this collateral damage. It's always someone else's fault.
Salty just likes Trump's policies, a fan. ;)
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:38 pm Ah, so I do understand the complaint, old salt.

That has nothing to do with the IC's willingness, & the MSM's complicity, in smearing Svetlana to damage Flynn & Trump, with a contrived bogus story.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:43 pm

Salty just likes Trump's policies, a fan. ;)
...& you're willing to believe anything, without evidence or proof, so long as it damages Trump.

Whatever it takes. The ends justifiy the means.

Return to “POLITICS”