The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2024

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:52 am
LaxFan2000 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:38 am
Kismet wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:11 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:32 am
Kismet wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:01 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:51 am
ggait wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:41 am Good grief Cra.

So who exactly are all those low info voters in NY, NJ and CA you are talking about?

HRod's strongest demos overall were among minority voters. 91-6 among black voters for example. So I can only assume you are talking about black and brown voters as low info? Please tell.

FYI, Trump won white no college voters 64-28. HRod won non-white no college voters 77-18. Yet no comment about how Trump's results were inflated by a bunch of "low info" voters in PA and Mich?

You're right. Those black/brown voters are sooooo low info we probably shouldn't count their votes. Maybe we could require a literacy test for them? That's a proud American tradition after all. But no problem counting the votes of all the MAGA bubbas.
Is that the same proud tradition that made so many democrats chit their pants when the popular vote didn't give HRC the White House in 2016?? So you want to cherry pick when the popular vote works for your party and then bites you in the ass?? I understand very well how the game is played in NYS. Your moronic racist bating hyperbole aside in NYS it is a numbers game. The democrats have all the numbers they need in NYC to control the state. It is simple math counselor, break out your calculator and figure out the numbers for yourself. That sort of explains while during the rule of King Andy he almost never visited Upstate NY... there was no need to visit the peasants in Upstate NY, he didn't need them anyway. :D
Uh....King Andy RESIDED in upstate NY.......or have you somehow moved Albany geographically in some fashion to downstate? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Since when has Albany ever been considered Upstate NY??? Albany is about a 4 to 5 hour ride down the NYST from Rochester. In your opinion that is just on the cusp of being in Upstate NY. You do realize how efing stupid your post is?? My apologies, your simply geographically challenged. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Apparently not as geographical challenged as you as Albany is due EAST of Rochester. :oops: Maybe you need to get out more. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is a primary example of how pointless it is to have a reasoned discussion with you on most things. :D
If you want to be technically correct, Albany is actually slightly southeast of Rochester. It is not literally "Due East". Get your facts straight if you are going to be a you know what.
Come on that’s being ridiculous you can’t possibly know NYS. I grew up and hve family all over from Albany areas to Buffalo, grew up in Bing, college between Roch and Cuse, etc etc.

Albany is definitely upstate NY. There is zero question about that.

Putnam, Orange and Duchess Cos are like the folks in Turkey. They’ll tell you they’re Europeans (aka NYC folks) but the Europeans (NYC folks) call them Asian.

"Albany is definitely upstate NY. There is zero question about that."

There are all kinds of questions about that if you actually live in Upstate NY. Anybody that believes Albany is a part of Upstate NY has lost their mind.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So who exactly are all those low info voters in NY, NJ and CA you are talking about?

HRod's strongest demos overall were among minority voters. 91-6 among black voters for example. So I can only assume you are talking about black and brown voters as low info? Please tell.

FYI, Trump won white no college voters 64-28. HRod won non-white no college voters 77-18. Yet no comment about how Trump's results were inflated by a bunch of "low info" voters in PA and Mich?

You're right. Those black/brown voters are sooooo low info we probably shouldn't count their votes. Maybe we could require a literacy test for them? That's a proud American tradition after all. But no problem counting the votes of all the MAGA bubbas.
Is that the same proud tradition that made so many democrats chit their pants when the popular vote didn't give HRC the White House in 2016?? So you want to cherry pick when the popular vote works for your party and then bites you in the ass?? I understand very well how the game is played in NYS. Your moronic racist bating hyperbole aside in NYS it is a numbers game. The democrats have all the numbers they need in NYC to control the state. It is simple math counselor, break out your calculator and figure out the numbers for yourself. That sort of explains while during the rule of King Andy he almost never visited Upstate NY... there was no need to visit the peasants in Upstate NY, he didn't need them anyway. :D
Uh....King Andy RESIDED in upstate NY.......or have you somehow moved Albany geographically in some fashion to downstate? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Since when has Albany ever been considered Upstate NY??? Albany is about a 4 to 5 hour ride down the NYST from Rochester. In your opinion that is just on the cusp of being in Upstate NY. You do realize how efing stupid your post is?? My apologies, your simply geographically challenged. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Apparently not as geographical challenged as you as Albany is due EAST of Rochester. :oops: Maybe you need to get out more. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is a primary example of how pointless it is to have a reasoned discussion with you on most things. :D
If you want to be technically correct, Albany is actually slightly southeast of Rochester. It is not literally "Due East". Get your facts straight if you are going to be a you know what.
Come on that’s being ridiculous you can’t possibly know NYS. I grew up and hve family all over from Albany areas to Buffalo, grew up in Bing, college between Roch and Cuse, etc etc.

Putnam, Orange and Duchess Cos are like the folks in Turkey. They’ll tell you they’re Europeans (aka NYC folks) but the Europeans (NYC folks) call them Asian.

There are all kinds of questions about that if you actually live in Upstate NY. Anybody that believes Albany is a part of Upstate NY has lost their mind.

The drive from Rochester to Albany is about 4 hours on the NYST. It takes an hour and 15 minutes to drive from Rochester to Syracuse. It takes about 2 hours to drive to Rome/Utica. So double the distance from Rome/Utica still makes Albany a part of Upstate NY??? When was the last time any of you people ever looked at a map. I guess you all think Upstate covers an enormous footprint?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:23 am

Yepper there, skippy, Albany is definitely east of Rochester by around 300 miles... You may be the only person on planet earth who considers Albany as part of Upstate NY. You talk about having a pointless conversation... look in the mirror skippy. I use to have to drive to Albany several times a month when i worked for Pepsi Cola to pick up equipment. Once I get past Syracuse you have ventured out of the land of Upstate NY, except in your dysfunctional directional compass. :roll: :roll: :roll:
sheesh, of course Albany is Upstate.
It's an outlier from Upstate in other respects, but it's definitely Upstate.
Remember, this a lacrosse forum...we know the difference between the Island and Upstate teams...and Westchester, etc, and the rest of the immediate environs of NYC, which normally wouldn't be considered "Upstate".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upstate_New_York

But Albany has a 43% college or higher rate among 25+yr olds which is more than 10 points higher than most of the rest of Upstate NY...the lowest educated counties are in Upstate, many below 25%.
https://www.silive.com/news/2022/05/lea ... -rank.html

New York City has roughly 39%; Long Island, 34% though Nassau County 40+%; Westchester 53+%...I can see why you think that Albany is more akin, at least by education, to "downstate"...

Your problem politically, cradle, is that more highly educated voters skew Democrat in NYS, and white, less educated voters are outnumbered by the combination of well educated voters, all races, and non-white lower education voters combined.

so, yeah, what you are complaining about is that there are 'too many brown and black' voters plus educated voters...not voting the way less educated white voters do in NY.

Darn democracy.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:16 pm

That includes my family in Webster, Bath, Candaigua, Rome, the entire community in Geneva and many more who don’t live in upstate NY? ( as well as family in that area like a Allston Spa and Ravina)

I know your worldview is constrained to a small radius but didn’t think it was that small.

By the way did you fact check that 300mi, 5hr drive from a Roch to Albany yet? Seeing as how I could do it in two from geneva and it’s not even an hour from Geneva to Roch somebody HAS lost their mind on geography of NY state.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:23 pm

The drive from Rochester to Albany is about 4 hours on the NYST. It takes an hour and 15 minutes to drive from Rochester to Syracuse. It takes about 2 hours to drive to Rome/Utica. So double the distance from Rome/Utica still makes Albany a part of Upstate NY??? When was the last time any of you people ever looked at a map. I guess you all think Upstate covers an enormous footprint?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
227 mi. Come on son. If you don’t know something check out this new tool called “Google”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:03 pm

Yepper there, skippy, Albany is definitely east of Rochester by around 300 miles... You may be the only person on planet earth who considers Albany as part of Upstate NY. You talk about having a pointless conversation... look in the mirror skippy. I use to have to drive to Albany several times a month when i worked for Pepsi Cola to pick up equipment. Once I get past Syracuse you have ventured out of the land of Upstate NY, except in your dysfunctional directional compass. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Remember, this a lacrosse forum...we know the difference between the Island and Upstate teams...and Westchester, etc, and the rest of the immediate environs of NYC, which normally wouldn't be considered "Upstate".

But Albany has a 43% college or higher rate among 25+yr olds which is more than 10 points higher than most of the rest of Upstate NY...the lowest educated counties are in Upstate, many below 25%.

New York City has roughly 39%; Long Island, 34% though Nassau County 40+%; Westchester 53+%...I can see why you think that Albany is more akin, at least by education, to "downstate"...

Your problem politically, cradle, is that more highly educated voters skew Democrat in NYS, and white, less educated voters are outnumbered by the combination of well educated voters, all races, and non-white lower education voters combined.

so, yeah, what you are complaining about is that there are 'too many brown and black' voters plus educated voters...not voting the way less educated white voters do in NY.

Darn democracy.
It’s the state Capitol and based on population/demographics it caters heavily to NYC area with its disproportionate representation by actual bodies in the state. 3hr drive up 87 w/o traffic from Manhattan to Albany. (If that).
ggait

Post by ggait »

"You'd get your kind of low info voter in charge"

Would the low info voters in WV be worse than the low info voter in NYC?? 8-)
Well you would seem to prefer the low info voters in WV.

We didn't hear anything about how Trump's vote totals in WV or other red states were "inflated" by all those low info voters (almost entirely white fyi) voting in those states.

You did seem to have a problem with all those low info voters in blue states. You made it sound like those votes somehow shouldn't count.

But of course the way we do it here is count ALL the votes -- including the dummies in both parties.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:13 pm

227 mi. Come on son. If you don’t know something check out this new tool called “Google”
When was the last time you drove it son? I made dozens of runs from Rochester to the Pepsi plant in Latham. I was driving a short box international truck. I kinda know how long it took me to drive in a truck that was governed at 63 mph. Do the math?
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:43 pm

When was the last time you drove it son? I made dozens of runs from Rochester to the Pepsi plant in Latham. I was driving a short box international truck. I kinda know how long it took me to drive in a truck that was governed at 63 mph. Do the math?
63, which only regulated vehicles drive on the thruway, my father managed a couple of the exits, started off as a tollbooth operator, going into 220 is 3.5.

You flat out wrote 300mi and 4-5hrs within the last page or so. And even at 63 if you’re wasting a half hour on stops to go 3 odd hours that’s a wildly inefficient trip.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:15 pm

Darn democracy.
It’s the state Capitol and based on population/demographics it caters heavily to NYC area with its disproportionate representation by actual bodies in the state. 3hr drive up 87 w/o traffic from Manhattan to Albany. (If that).
Yup, fully understood. It pulls up the average Upstate educational %.

But definitely Upstate.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:13 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:15 pm

Darn democracy.
Yup, fully understood. It pulls up the average Upstate educational %.

But definitely Upstate.
Was that a snarky comment aimed at Upstate folk?? Dmac is going to be ticked off at you. That is of course if some of you directionally challenged people consider Syracuse as downstate NY. 🤪
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:12 pm

63, which only regulated vehicles drive on the thruway, my father managed a couple of the exits, started off as a tollbooth operator, going into 220 is 3.5.

You flat out wrote 300mi and 4-5hrs within the last page or so. And even at 63 if you’re wasting a half hour on stops to go 3 odd hours that’s a wildly inefficient trip.
227 mi @ 55 mph (the speed limit ?) = 4 hrs + 5 min.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:29 am

IDK what our fellow posters are whining about. I made the trip from Pepsi Cola on Ormond St to the Pepsi facility in Latham more times than I can count. When you add in my required pitstop along the way and if you have a comprehension of " average travel time "it always took me 4.5 hours to get to Latham NY. I always looked forward to the trip because I knew it involved built in OT. If any of you folks doubt me.. start your journey on Ormond St at the former Pepsi Cola plant and time yourself at 63 mph until you get to the Pepsi plant in Latham.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:41 am

IDK what our fellow posters are whining about. I made the trip from Pepsi Cola on Ormond St to the Pepsi facility in Latham more times than I can count. When you add in my required pitstop along the way and if you have a comprehension of " average travel time "it always took me 4.5 hours to get to Latham NY. I always looked forward to the trip because I knew it involved built in OT. If any of you folks doubt me.. start your journey on Ormond St at the former Pepsi Cola plant and time yourself at 63 mph until you get to the Pepsi plant in Latham.
For bonus points.. if your REALLY hardcore.. don't stop to pee or eat lunch...
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:44 am

FTR, to any of you geniuses out there that think you can make the run from Rochester to Latham driving at beat up and overloaded International short box truck in 3 hours explain to me the magic your going to use? I really want to hear how you make that magic happen. Here is a wildcard for all of you people to consider. I'll even give you folks a hint... ROAD CONSTRUCTION.. Go ahead and travel wherever you want in NYS and see if you can avoid delays.. :D
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:53 am

FTR, to any of you geniuses out there that think you can make the run from Rochester to Latham driving at beat up and overloaded International short box truck in 3 hours explain to me the magic your going to use? I really want to hear how you make that magic happen. Here is a wildcard for all of you people to consider. I'll even give you folks a hint... ROAD CONSTRUCTION.. Go ahead and travel wherever you want in NYS and see if you can avoid delays.. :D
It cracks me up how you folks who have never driven a truck nor spent anytime in the real world understand how long it takes to get from point A to point B. My offer still stands. Who wants to make the run from Ormond St in Rochester to the Pepsi plant in Latham in 3 hours driving at 63 mph? What say you FFG?? Your an Upstate guy, depending now on how Upstate NY is being defined. Can you make the run in 3 hours?
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:01 am

It cracks me up how you folks who have never driven a truck nor spent anytime in the real world understand how long it takes to get from point A to point B. My offer still stands. Who wants to make the run from Ormond St in Rochester to the Pepsi plant in Latham in 3 hours driving at 63 mph? What say you FFG?? Your an Upstate guy, depending now on how Upstate NY is being defined. Can you make the run in 3 hours?
I don't know about the definition of upstate NY per se, but Google maps is giving me a travel time of 3:30 to 4:45 between these two locations, depending on route.

I don't know what the posted speed limit is and what Google is using for its calculations, but it appears both estimates are reasonable based on this data.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

My friendly wager to any and all takers on this forum. We don't gamble or bet for money. I believe we can wager for charity. I am putting forth my wager for any taker on this forum. I wager a 1000 dollars to my charity rescued treasures of Rochester that the person that can drive a borderline overloaded box truck from Ormond St in Rochester NY in 3 hours to include a mandatory 20 minute pit stop to the Pepsi Facility in Latham NY I will donate a 1000 dollars to the charity of your choice. Put up or shut up. My offer is on the table I'm waiting for the first taker. Rescue treasure needs your money. Here are my parameters... you can drive no more than 63 mph and you must stop for a 20 minute mandatory rest break. You need to make the road trip from Ormond St in Rochester to the Pepsi facility in Latham NY in 3 hours. Who is the first taker??? The rescue dogs at rescue treasures need your money.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:55 am

I don't know about the definition of upstate NY per se, but Google maps is giving me a travel time of 3:30 to 4:45 between these two locations, depending on route.

I don't know what the posted speed limit is and what Google is using for its calculations, but it appears both estimates are reasonable based on this data.
That depends on the load your carrying, ongoing road construction and everyday traffic congestion. I posted my challenge above. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is. Anybody out there that thinks they can drive from Ormond St in Rochester to the Pepsi Cola facility in Latham NY in 3 hours is defying the law of physics. That is the point of my charitable wager. I'm more than willing to fine tune the parameters of the wager to any potential willing person. All you have to do is step up and accept the challenge I put forth.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:55 am

My challenge goes out to you. From Ormond St in Rochester to the Pepsi plant in Latham NY driving a to be defined overloaded box truck. You can do it in 3 hours with a mandatory 20 minute rest break I give the charity of YOUR choice a 1000 dollars, BTW you can't drive more than 63 mph on the NYST. You lose you donate a 1000 dollars to rescue pet treasures of Rochester. Put up or shut up.. FTR, my offer stands to each and every one of you that doubts me... put up or shut up....
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”