OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget—Opinions, photos, highlights, news, etc.

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

We're all a little more informal on the weekends so why not in this thread. Right Bluto?

OuttaNowhereWregget

An element of film that I frequently appreciate is when literature meets the silver screen as it does here in Audrey Hepburn's first film--Roman Holiday. The mild disagreement over the author is a delightful addition that Dalton Trumbo included in his stellar screenplay.

Arethusa arose
From her couch of snows
In the Acroceraunian mountains

OuttaNowhereWregget

Of course, Rod Stewart wouldn't have had an opinion on the matter:

I couldn't quote you no Dickens, Shelley or Keats

From one of his in the top drawer.

OuttaNowhereWregget

AU game times--televised on ESPNU

Looking forward to this today.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Whaaaaat??

Gambling comes to women's lacrosse!

I'm no gambler, but I hope there are lines for D1 next season. It's always interesting to see who the oddsmakers favor.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Starting Lineup Team Apuzzo

OuttaNowhereWregget

Starting Lineup Team Read

OuttaNowhereWregget

Arsenault breaks the ice. Love her comportment on the field. She's got that lovely head-up erect way of looking for teammates to pass to or when she's looking for a lane to cage.

Levy rips a rising fastball. 2-0 Apuzzo

Parrella on a give and go with Arsenault. 3-0

Cordingly for Team Read. 3-1
OuttaNowhereWregget

Apuzzo up 6-2 late in the 1st. North made a pro's playing with amateurs looking play earlier with a scooped ground ball, a nifty avoidance of a defender and a low burner for a goal. Apuzzo's team just looking the sharper at this point. Gilbert to make it 7-2. Sheesh! Talk about running the gauntlet. Scores while falling down. 7-2 end of 1st.
OuttaNowhereWregget

The Recurring Turnoff for AU Lacrosse

Great Players ✔️
Great Athleticism ✔️
Great Plays ✔️

Games count toward team standings with a view to winning a championship ❌

It always comes down to that for me--the games count toward...nothing. This league is a collection of all-star exhibition scrimmages.

Gets dull quick...

user1020

Post by user1020 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:39 pm Arsenault breaks the ice. Love her comportment on the field. She's got that lovely head-up erect way of looking for teammates to pass to or when she's looking for a lane to cage.

The best players play with their head up
OuttaNowhereWregget

user1020 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:26 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:39 pm Arsenault breaks the ice. Love her comportment on the field. She's got that lovely head-up erect way of looking for teammates to pass to or when she's looking for a lane to cage.

She's got a regal look about her that is unique.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Love that Shayna Pirreca still does this

The inimitable shoulder shimmy shake. Too funny. She's a card.

OuttaNowhereWregget

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:41 pm
VAMomGlax2019 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:47 pm Anyone have insights on the new program at USF? What are people expecting from this program?
I'm expecting the Bulls to be competitive fairly quickly with the coach they hired away from Jacksonville--Mindy McCord. They don't seem to be getting any transfers of note that I know of. They seem to building from the ground up. McCord's bio says more:

https://judolphins.com/sports/womens-la ... mccord/740
More indication that McCord is driven to succeed in South Florida.

OuttaNowhereWregget

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:43 am An element of film that I frequently appreciate is when literature meets the silver screen as it does here in Audrey Hepburn's first film--Roman Holiday. The mild disagreement over the author is a delightful addition that Dalton Trumbo included in his stellar screenplay.

Arethusa arose
From her couch of snows
In the Acroceraunian mountains

Just finished watching this again. Such a wonderful movie. Marvelous performance by Audrey Hepburn—the beauty and charm and unspoiled innocence of youth. Brilliant screenplay. Not ten seconds of fluff or filler in the whole two hours. Gets more touching each time I see it, and I’m well into double digits at this point. They don’t make movies like this anymore. No doubt about that. From a completely different age in the world.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:59 pm
user1020 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:26 pm

She's got a regal look about her that is unique.
I agree
OuttaNowhereWregget

On Taylor Cummings

I had a bias against Taylor Cummings. Not that I ever noticed her while she was romping and stomping for the Mighty Maryland Terrapins. I didn’t really take notice of any Terps back when I first discovered women’s lacrosse in 2014. My team back then was Syracuse. My Charlotte North back then was Kayla Treanor. Believe me, if I had known about LaxPower at the time, I would have been there posting and posting about Treanor and the Orange with the same frequency as I now post about Boston College and Charlotte North.

But back to Cummings. She was on the team that was always spoiling my teams hopes and dreams. As some of you loyal long-suffering Syracuse fans know, Maryland was that one team Syracuse could never get past in the NCAA’s during her time. The first final I watched in 2014 saw Maryland win 15-12 over Syracuse. The next year 10-8 in the semis. The year after 19-9 in the semis. Ooo I hated Maryland! Always spoiling the Orange, always preventing Treanor from hoisting the championship trophy. As spectacular a player as Treanor was during her playing days at Syracuse, Cummings won three straight Tewwy’s during that time. That speaks volumes.

After Treanor graduated I wasn’t as big an Orange fan even though they were still my team until I started watching BC and attending games at The Heights in 2018. There again were those blasted Terps, spoiling my favorite teams hopes of winning it all in 2019 (and 2017 before they were my team).

But again back to Cummings. I first saw her play when I was paying attention this summer during the World Championship. I was thoroughly impressed by her easy mastery in the draw circle, her ability to do every single thing on the field a cut above anyone else. When she wanted to set up a teammate, she did. When she wanted to score, she did. Remarkable talent—still dominant years after graduating in 2016. And still playing and winning with fire. I think I was impressed by that above all.

In hindsight, she also dominated AU last year, compiling the most points at the end of the season, no matter which team she played on. If there was a Mount Rushmore for women’s lacrosse, Cummings would have one of the four spots and no one in their right mind would argue that.

So hail, hail Taylor Cummings. One of the giants of the sport, in addition to being a great advocate for the sport. She has spoken out often with the lofty platform that she has earned about the quantity and quality of the broadcast coverage for the sport. I attribute NCAA Super Quarterfinals Day to her and her consistent calling attention to the disparity in coverage between the men and the women during The Tournament.

So, in light of her recent retirement announcement, for my part, I can write appropriately—Taylor, we hardly knew ye.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Radford Highlanders

The Radford Highlanders compete in the Big South conference. Another team I've never seen play. This photo was taken immediately after what is probably the programs biggest win to date--a 15-14 win over the Campbell Camels in the 2021 Big South conference championship.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Ginny tabs Brittany Dipper for assistant coach

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”