OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
hmmm

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget—Opinions, photos, highlights, news, etc.

Post by hmmm »

Lax247 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:50 am
hmmm wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:03 am
Lax247 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:55 am
LaxFan2000 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:50 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:19 am Even a search on Google demonstrates the lack of respect toward women's lacrosse. They couldn't even be bothered to supply an accompanying photo of North. No respect at all, I tell ya.

This is not a surprise. Softball is still largely more popular than women's college lacrosse. Jocelyn Alo also set the NCAA HR Career record as well. The icing on the cake as far as ESPN was concerned. Ton's and ton's of little girls in the south watch Softball over Lacrosse. Is what it is. Sucks, but it is reality unfortunately.
and if it wasn't softball it would have been women's basketball. Huge following and pro league after. what was crazy is they didnt invite Aliyah Boston who won just about every college award plus the NCAA championship over UCONN. Not a good look for espn.
That situation has been made out to be something it's not. None of the nominees for the award were invited originally because it wasn't a part of the broadcast. When social media went crazy about Aliyah not being invited they did invite all the nominees. Aliyah decided not to attend because she felt slighted by not being invited in the first place.

https://twitter.com/YahooSports/status/ ... 9617823744
Are you sure about that ? Because North knew she was going a few weeks ago....
Yes I'm sure. It had nothing to do with her race or gender as the men weren't invited either. From the article in the link I provided:
Why wasn't Boston initially invited?
Boston is nominated in the Best College Athlete, Women's Sports category alongside Florida State soccer player Jaelin Howell, Oklahoma softball player Jocelyn Alo and Boston College lacrosse player Charlotte North. Alo was invited as a nominee in the Best Team and Best Record-Breaking Performance categories, but the other three nominees including Boston were not initially invited. Neither were the nominees in the corresponding men's sports category.

A source involved with the show told Yahoo Sports' Cassandra Negley on Monday that Wednesday's ceremony will be held under COVID-19 capacity restrictions and that only nominees eligible for awards given during the primary broadcast received invitations. The men's and women's college athlete winners were scheduled to be announced at a separate ceremony.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Lindenwood new hotspot for transfers?

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Natalie Clere, Brennan Paddy and Samantha Irwin all transferring to St. Louie.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Every Single Time

I can't help but laugh whenever I see The Great One rip one off like this. Such raw power. Never saw anyone with a release like this. Just too impressive--I have to laugh.

https://twitter.com/AUProSports/status/ ... EgZhdS7i3w

OuttaNowhereWregget

Natch

OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Niagara Purple Eagles add Emily Hawryschuk as assistant coach

It's that word association thing again. Can't help myself. In any event--much success to you, Emily!

OuttaNowhereWregget

The Great One--Doing What She Does

Check out this shweet pass to teammate Ally Kennedy who rips one for a score. Hard to miss North leaping in the air for joy after the goal. How she has the reputation in the fast shrinking minority of being a selfish, ball-hogging, one-trick-pony is beyond mystifying.

Rock on Char-Char.
OuttaNowhereWregget

One of the great wins in BC history

And all the more special for who scored it—unsung hero Cassidy Weeks. Never get tired of seeing this game winner.

https://twitter.com/bcwlax/status/15505 ... 31264?s=21
OuttaNowhereWregget

Those be some serious cleats on Courtney Taylor. A good defender must stay on they feets to be playin that solid D.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Delaware State Hornets announce incoming 2023 class

Here's a team I would love to see advance to the next level and start winning more games. Hopefully 2023 will be a year of making more progress and taking bigger steps toward challenging for the ASUN title which of course would mean a trip to the Big Dance. That would be a lot of fun to see at this address.

https://dsuhornets.com/news/2022/7/22/w ... eason.aspx

OuttaNowhereWregget

USC elevates Gunning to associate head coach

OuttaNowhereWregget

An earlier inadvertent glimpse on these boards of the hatred? bitterness? resentment? jealousy? that still exists toward your humble narrator made me grateful again for the freedom and flexibility this excellent site affords. So glad I don't have to stumble across the axe grindings and spleen ventings any more. Way mo' better to enjoy peace and have fun.

OuttaNowhereWregget

From One Great to Another

I thought this was classy. North is obviously aware and appreciative of the history of women's lacrosse.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: One of the great wins in BC history

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:48 pm And all the more special for who scored it—unsung hero Cassidy Weeks. Never get tired of seeing this game winner.

https://twitter.com/bcwlax/status/15505 ... 31264?s=21

And a photo snapped for posterity. Pictured right is Kayla "Money" Martello. Why is her nickname "Money"? Because when she gets a lane to cage she's usually money.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”