Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
PizzaSnake

Re: Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:30 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:12 pm This is just downright strange: https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/statu ... X3J1pDhJeQ
Thank God he ain’t transsexual. That girl may have been in trouble as a 4 year old.
Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

What a slimeball. Reminds me of Mel Gibson and his father.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:53 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:12 pm This is just downright strange: https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/statu ... X3J1pDhJeQ
Thank God he ain’t transsexual. That girl may have been in trouble as a 4 year old.

He was “grooming” her…
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:54 pm

He was “grooming” her…
Is he a transvestite?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:56 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:54 pm

He was “grooming” her…
Is he a transvestite?
My mistake.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

To save making another thread I post this article here. Only in Texas.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:45 pm To save making another thread I post this article here. Only in Texas.
Where's Pete to lecture me on how he thinks American infrastructure is world class?

So let me get this straight: electrical companies can't provide power because they're caught unprepared when Texas is "hot" in July. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah, world class infrastructure.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:56 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:45 pm To save making another thread I post this article here. Only in Texas.
Where's Pete to lecture me on how he thinks American infrastructure is world class?

So let me get this straight: electrical companies can't provide power because they're caught unprepared when Texas is "hot" in July. :lol: :lol: :lol:

... Texas power grid doesn't like it hot or cold. America's only its gotta be just right power grid. :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Even stranger:

https://katv.com/amp/news/nation-world/ ... il-charges

Good thing this wasn’t a transsexual doing the “grooming”. I wonder if this was in a bathroom being used by a transexual?
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:03 pm

... Texas power grid doesn't like it hot or cold. America's only its gotta be just right power grid. :lol:
Goldilocks Grid
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:46 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:03 pm

Goldilocks Grid
... yup!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Guess who I am?

“Ahh Elon musks lawyers are the best and never lose! I start rubbing myself and get all creamy when I think about how omnipotent they are!”

Then reality sets in…

Twitter wins fight to fast-track Elon Musk deal trial

Kia Kokalitcheva
Kia Kokalitcheva

Axios on facebook

Axios on twitter

Axios on linkedin

Axios on email
Illustration of the Twitter logo holding a gavel in its mouth.
Illustration: Gabriella Turrisi/Axios
Twitter's trial for its lawsuit against Elon Musk will take place over five days in October, the Delaware Chancery Court decided following a hearing in which both parties made the case for their preferred timelines.

Why it matters: This is much closer to Twitter's preferred timeline. The judge sided with the company's arguments that delays will further harm its business.

Go deeper: The merger term that could decide Twitter vs. Musk
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:06 pm Guess who I am?

“Ahh Elon’s musks lawyers are the best and never lose! I start rubbing myself and get all creamy when I think about how omnipotent they are!”

Then reality sets in…

Kia Kokalitcheva
Kia Kokalitcheva

Axios on facebook

Axios on twitter

Axios on linkedin

Axios on email
Twitter's trial for its lawsuit against Elon Musk will take place over five days in October, the Delaware Chancery Court decided following a hearing in which both parties made the case for their preferred timelines.

Why it matters: This is much closer to Twitter's preferred timeline. The judge sided with the company's arguments that delays will further harm its business.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/19/twitter ... tToTwitter
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:17 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:06 pm Guess who I am?

“Ahh Elon’s musks lawyers are the best and never lose! I start rubbing myself and get all creamy when I think about how omnipotent they are!”

Then reality sets in…

Kia Kokalitcheva
Kia Kokalitcheva

Axios on facebook

Axios on twitter

Axios on linkedin

Axios on email

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/19/twitter ... tToTwitter
This is Petey's "stud"? Weak sauce.

"Musk’s lawyer, Andrew Rossman of Quinn Emanuel, argued the expedited timeline was far too aggressive for his team to review the massive data trove at Twitter, which Musk wants to review to verify the percentage of spam accounts on the platform."

'But Savitt said that determining the percentage of spam accounts is not necessary in this case, since “nothing in the merger agreement turns on that question.”'
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

PB's self-declared "stud" was Musk's transactional counsel at Skadden, Mike Ringler -- who is involved in the litigation only on the periphery, explaining the deal documents to the Quinn Emmanual lawyers. The QE lawyers are undoubtedly very, very good. But it is true that PB misidentified the lawyers that would be contesting the litigation. A friend of mine worked with Savitt for a couple of years at WLRK, and says that he is the smartest guy in a firm full of Rhodes Scholars and former SCOTUS clerks.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

That was the point. There’s a half dozen top shelf firms with basically similar counsel. It wasn’t like Twitter was hiring Lionel Hutz as his lawyer and Wachtell could make caviar out of a pile of dung Musk created with his agreement w Twitter. It was so stupid by a stupid person.

I’m working on a credit facility for a global lender, the attorneys are pretty strong, it’s well over a 100 page credit agreement. The attorneys in my deal could work either side of this case. It’s going to be mangling of the English language on a line in page 78 of a 200 page agreement that wins or loses the case and there’s enough smart hard working people out there for both sides of this petty case.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Elon Musk’s Friendship With Sergey Brin Ruptured by Alleged Affair
Tesla chief’s liaison with Google co-founder’s wife led to couple’s divorce filing
Elon Musk, on left, and Sergey Brin.
Elon Musk, on left, and Sergey Brin. ANGELA WEISS/AFP/GETTY; IMAGE PRESS AGENCY/NURPHOTO/SHUTTERSTOCK
By Kirsten GrindFollow
and Emily GlazerFollow
Updated July 25, 2022 12:30 am ET

SAVE

TEXT

Listen to article
Length (7 minutes)

Queue
Elon Musk engaged in a brief affair last fall with the wife of Sergey Brin, prompting the Google co-founder to file for divorce earlier this year and ending the tech billionaires’ long friendship, according to people familiar with the matter.

Their falling out is one of a string of personal issues Mr. Musk has faced even as he juggles business challenges, including manufacturing disruptions at Tesla Inc. TSLA 0.20%▲ and a court fight over his desire to withdraw his $44 billion bid for Twitter Inc.

Mr. Musk is the richest person in the world, with an estimated fortune of $240 billion, and Mr. Brin ranks eighth world-wide, with $95 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

Messrs. Brin and Musk, among the nation’s most famous entrepreneurs, were longtime friends. Mr. Musk has said that for years he regularly crashed at Mr. Brin’s house in Silicon Valley.

NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP
Tech Things With Joanna Stern

Everything is now a tech thing. Columnist Joanna Stern is your guide, giving analysis and answering your questions about our always-connected world.

PREVIEW

SUBSCRIBE
Mr. Brin provided Mr. Musk with about $500,000 for Tesla during the 2008 financial crisis, when the company was struggling to increase production. In 2015, Mr. Musk gave Mr. Brin one of Tesla’s first all-electric sport-utility vehicles.

In recent months, there has been growing tension between the two men and their teams, according to the people familiar with the matter. Mr. Brin has ordered his financial advisers to sell his personal investments in Mr. Musk’s companies, some of those people said. It couldn’t be learned how large those investments are, or whether there have been any sales.

Sergey Brin and his wife, Nicole Shanahan, in 2019.
PHOTO: TAYLOR HILL/GETTY IMAGES
Mr. Brin filed for divorce from Nicole Shanahan in January of this year, citing “irreconcilable differences,” according to records filed in Santa Clara County Superior Court. The divorce filing was made several weeks after Mr. Brin learned of the brief affair, those people said.

At the time of the alleged liaison in early December, Mr. Brin and his wife were separated but still living together, according to a person close to Ms. Shanahan. In the divorce filing, Mr. Brin cited Dec. 15, 2021, as the date of the couple’s separation.

A lawyer for Mr. Brin declined to comment. Mr. Musk didn’t respond to a request for comment. A spokeswoman for Ms. Shanahan, who runs a foundation focused on reproductive justice, also didn’t respond to requests for comment.

ADVERTISEMENT

About 11 hours after this article published online, Mr. Musk tweeted: “This is total bs. Sergey and I are friends and were at a party together last night!” He added that he’d only seen Ms. Shanahan twice in three years with other people around and that it wasn’t romantic.

In an interview early this month with the news website Puck, Ms. Shanahan said of the divorce filing: “I hope for Sergey and I to move forward with dignity, honesty and harmony for the sake of our child. And we are both working towards that.”

Over the past two months, Mr. Musk’s personal life has drawn considerable attention. He has been accused of exposing himself to a flight attendant at his aerospace company, SpaceX, which he has denied; the publication Business Insider reported he had two children late last year with a female executive at another company he co-founded, Neuralink; and one of his 10 children has publicly disavowed him.

Elon Musk has sought to back out of an agreement to buy Twitter.
PHOTO: JIM WATSON/AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE/GETTY IMAGES
Earlier this month, Mr. Musk sought to back out of an agreement to buy Twitter, saying the company hasn’t provided the necessary information to assess the prevalence of fake or spam accounts. Twitter said it has “bent over backwards” to provide the information. It has sued Mr. Musk to force him to honor the deal, and a Delaware court has agreed to an expedited trial in October.

Mr. Brin and Ms. Shanahan, his wife of nearly four years, met at the yoga retreat Wanderlust about seven years ago, according to a person familiar with their relationship. Both had been married previously: Mr. Brin to Anne Wojcicki, co-founder of genetics company 23andMe Inc., and Ms. Shanahan to a finance executive. Mr. Brin has two children with Ms. Wojcicki.

Mr. Brin and Ms. Shanahan already were facing problems in their marriage in the fall of 2021, primarily because of Covid pandemic shutdowns and the care of their 3-year-old daughter, according to people familiar with their relationship.

ADVERTISEMENT

The liaison with Mr. Musk took place in early December 2021, at the Art Basel event in Miami, those people said. Art Basel is a multiday, annual festival that draws wealthy attendees from around the world.

At a party earlier this year, Mr. Musk dropped to one knee in front of Mr. Brin and apologized profusely for the transgression, begging for forgiveness, according to people with knowledge of the incident.

Mr. Brin acknowledged the apology, but still isn’t speaking regularly to Mr. Musk, those people said.

The alleged liaison happened after Mr. Musk had broken up with his on-again, off-again girlfriend, the singer Grimes, in September. Mr. Musk and Grimes, whose real name is Claire Boucher, had a second child, a daughter, via surrogate in December 2021. Mr. Musk’s twins with Shivon Zilis, the executive at Neuralink, also were born last fall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Mr. Musk and his on-again, off-again girlfriend, the singer Grimes, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute gala in 2018.
PHOTO: CHARLES SYKES/ASSOCIATED PRESS
Mr. Brin and Ms. Shanahan are now involved in divorce mediation, with Ms. Shanahan seeking more than $1 billion, according to people familiar with the negotiations.

The two sides have yet to come to an agreement, with Mr. Brin’s side claiming that Ms. Shanahan is asking for much more than her prenuptial agreement entitles her to, the people said. Ms. Shanahan’s side is arguing that her request is only a fraction of Mr. Brin’s $95 billion fortune, and that she signed the prenuptial agreement under duress, while pregnant, the people said.

Mr. Brin co-founded Google, now a unit of Alphabet Inc., GOOG -5.81%▼ along with Larry Page in 1998, and helped build it into one of the world’s most valuable companies. He and Mr. Page stepped down from management of Alphabet in 2019, but both remain on the board.

Since then, he has been heavily involved in fitness pursuits, at one point trying to learn many different Olympic sports, according to people who know him. He runs a $4.4 billion family foundation that has supported such causes as education and Parkinson’s research, and he is affiliated with an airship startup called LTA Research and Exploration. He is currently writing a physics textbook.

Jim Oberman, Rebecca Elliott and Tim Higgins contributed to this article.

Write to Kirsten Grind at [email protected] and Emily Glazer at [email protected]
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Faux Business News this morning on an anti-Musk rant. Guess he is no longer the rights free speech hero. :lol: :lol:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/23/tech/twi ... index.html

Latest developments at Twitter that might become part of Musk's attempt to get out to the deal to acquire the company
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Hours after Musk accuses Twitter BOTS of deep sixing his poll on Ukraine-Russia peace deal he apparently agrees to go through with the initial offer to acquire Twitter at $54.20/share if Twitter will drop its case on the eve of trial. Nuts

NBC's Ben Collins had some interesting takes

"Anyway, I would love to see the final financing on this Twitter deal. We all know Elon is spearheading this, but who is really buying this company? In conclusion, Elon Musk's Twitter purchase will have to be heavily financed by someone else in order for him to complete it.
In May, according to an SEC filing, the Musk's Twitter was most heavily subsidized by Saudi Prince Al Waleed bin Talal Al Saud.

Elon Musk got embarrassed on Twitter yesterday by a lot of the Western world, and continuing this lawsuit would've meant releasing more private texts.

There's always a desire to over-intellectualize the decision-making of the richest guy in the world, but don't over think this.

Very few people want to use a moderation-free app saturated with lies by design. We know this from the dozens of Twitter clones who've tried and failed."

Tesla CEO Elon Musk changed course and agreed to buy Twitter for the agreed upon price, according to a filing on Tuesday. Delaware court proceeding scheduled to begin tomorrow is now off and the case will now be dropped.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Post by Peter Brown » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:13 pm

Jeebus. The confirmation bias of you folks is really incredible.

Void ab inicio.

Rule 10-b-5.

You’re not obligated to consummate a transaction if the seller has made material or misleading statements to the SEC or to you, inducing you as the buyer to make a bid. I’m no contracts lawyer, but I’ve hired a few. I’m fairly sure they’d agree.

Musk is on solid ground. I’m not sure who wins, but your facile interpretation of the merger agreement leaves a lot to be desired. This is a complicated matter, and will be decided either via a compromise on negotiation or by trial. My money is on Mike Ringler, a total stud in law. Twitter has no equal to combat him.
So how in the world did Twitter manage to overcome the unequaled total stud in law? Petey told us that was un-possible.

Another Petey Brown prediction turns out, as expected, to be completely and entirely wrong. The guy has no equal as a blowhard doofus. He's the GOAT of being wrong wrong wrong.

And as a reminder, GILD is up today to $65. 2.5 years after Petey told us to load up the truck at $85 because of remdesivir.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”