OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
watcherinthewoods

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget—Opinions, photos, highlights, news, etc.

Post by watcherinthewoods »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:03 pm
jff97 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:00 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:27 pm Some particulars on Laren Blakesley, the Maryland attacker transferring to Jacksonville per tothedraw earlier. The turnstiles keep turning down at College Park. They transfer in—they transfer out. I rarely ever see anyone transferring out of Boston College. I wonder why that is. It’s not like there aren’t players at BC who ride the bench all season long too.

https://umterps.com/sports/womens-lacro ... sley/10077
I think it's more that particular class in general than anything wrong with the culture. The 2020 recruiting class doesn't have the COVID year like the 2019 class, and Maryland's 2019 class has a ton of contributors. So if you're in the 2020 class and haven't played yet, the writing is on the wall. I can't blame players for leaving if they want playing time, and out of state tuition at MD isn't cheap.

As for your beloved, perfect BC they had five players from 2021 who were freshman and juniors not on the roster this year, and another six seniors not use a fifth year. "The turnstiles keep turning" in Chestnut Hill too.
https://floridagators.com/news/2020/6/1 ... nsfer.aspx
https://brownbears.com/sports/womens-la ... ffino/9053

The above just off the top of my head.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

jff97 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:00 pm As for your beloved, perfect BC
You have obviously not read my thoughts on BC in their entirety. I have criticized Boston College plenty. Your remarks to me about me and what/whom I hold in high esteem were uninformed, and in light of that, snotty and confrontational. You are not compelled to visit this thread if you don’t like what I write about.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

tothedraw wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:04 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:27 pm Some particulars on Laren Blakesley, the Maryland attacker transferring to Jacksonville per tothedraw earlier. The turnstiles keep turning down at College Park. They transfer in—they transfer out. I rarely ever see anyone transferring out of Boston College. I wonder why that is. It’s not like there aren’t players at BC who ride the bench all season long too.

https://umterps.com/sports/womens-lacro ... sley/10077
This class was the last of the "early" recruits. I know of at least one who committed before ever stepping on a Varsity field. I just think they are getting bit by that bug a little, happened to several coaching staffs on Men's side . Two players in class before them red shirted (Hensh/Sites) and Smith transferred in. Rheude is class ahead but after injury now has 3 more years of eligibility. I wouldn't assume anything stinks in college park and also wouldn't be surprised if you see BC having some attrition in the next year.

Agree with Jff97's take. Writing on wall, fewer years to play.
Another good point I forgot to mention. I'll be interested to see if less players transfer in coming years because they're recruited later. That may be offset by the transfer portal making it more common to switch schools.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Two to Richmond

https://richmondspiders.com/news/2022/7 ... riehl.aspx

(edit: added link to article from Spiders website.)

By the way—who in the world from the Richmond program thought it would be a good idea to start referring to this team as the “ders”?
Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

VAMomGlax2019 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:47 pm Anyone have insights on the new program at USF? What are people expecting from this program?
I'm expecting the Bulls to be competitive fairly quickly with the coach they hired away from Jacksonville--Mindy McCord. They don't seem to be getting any transfers of note that I know of. They seem to building from the ground up. McCord's bio says more:

https://judolphins.com/sports/womens-la ... mccord/740
OuttaNowhereWregget

I hadn't considered the similarities until Matnum called attention to this scene from the Howard Stern movie way back somewhere in this thread. He also noted that most of the visitors to FanLax are unregistered. I want to say to those unregistered visitors again--thank you for visiting and reading.
OuttaNowhereWregget

I've been keeping an eye on the bottom of the page since Matnum mentioned that most of the visitors (or guests as FanLax identifies them) to the site are unregistered. I've never seen this many guests on the WD1 board before. What are 43 guests doing here at 6 am on a Wednesday? It also occurs to me that we have guests visiting from other parts of the world.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Most Disappointing '22 Season - Duke

I'm sure there are plenty of teams that ended 2022 with disappointment, but I don't know of another team that crashed and burned like Duke. For all the gaudy numbers they amassed during the first three quarters of the season, they had no answers at the end. As I mentioned earlier somewhere, the cupcake out of conference schedule came back to bite them and I'm looking forward to seeing the stature of their 2023 OOC opponents. Will they add Northwestern back in? We shall see soon enough. We know that with the addition of Clemson to the ACC, there will be one less game slot for Duke to fill in.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Brilliant Draw Control

Still working my way through the Penn State/Northwestern Big 10 semifinal. Jenna Mosketti's lovely one handed snag and run through the gauntlet into the offensive zone here would make Taylor Cummings proud--or Sam Apuzzo as long as we're talking about great draw control artists...

cltlax

Re: Two to Richmond

Post by cltlax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:51 pm Image

https://richmondspiders.com/news/2022/7 ... riehl.aspx

(edit: added link to article from Spiders website.)

By the way—who in the world from the Richmond program thought it would be a good idea to start referring to this team as the “ders”?
Sort of like referring the The University of Virginia as ginny...
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

cltlax wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:08 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:51 pm
:twisted:
OuttaNowhereWregget

cltlax wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:08 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:51 pm By the way—who in the world from the Richmond program thought it would be a good idea to start referring to this team as the “ders”?
Not even close.

The Richmond Spiders themselves came up with that nickname—which has a negative connotation, to boot. No negative connotations to “ginny”. Plus I’m just some blue collar scrub who gets inspired to make up nicknames on occasion.

Nice try though.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Irish add Sear as associate coach

Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Now that right there is a high profile, high impact transfer of a marquee player – not some pine rider who only saw action during blowouts. Good luck, Tayler. Let’s go Floridaaaaay!!!

https://floridagators.com/news/2022/7/2 ... nsfer.aspx

OuttaNowhereWregget

Great look—stick held high straight up.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:14 pm
???
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:28 pm
???
Is there a specific question, Doc? Happy to answer...
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:29 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:28 pm
???
Is there a specific question, Doc? Happy to answer...
OK, since you asked, why did you think that the stick held up straight was a great look? I would think that isn't a great position to cradle in a women's stick.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:17 pm OK, since you asked, why did you think that the stick held up straight was a great look? I would think that isn't a great position to cradle in a women's stick.
The photo caught my eye for its aesthetic value. I remarked on it solely for that reason. I spoke about it in general earlier in the thread here:

https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=384078#p384078

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”