OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget—Opinions, photos, highlights, news, etc.

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: This makes me glad and proud—part 2

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:14 pm
Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Athletes Unlimited - Week 1 schedule

OuttaNowhereWregget

Team Apuzzo Roster

OuttaNowhereWregget

Team Glynn Roster

OuttaNowhereWregget

Team Read Roster

OuttaNowhereWregget

Team Waters Roster

OuttaNowhereWregget

Twitterville Feedback on Women's Lacrosse Forms

OuttaNowhereWregget

CT from 2015 Big 10 semifinal

There is a real art to causing a turnover. One of the finer points of the game for me. Sometimes a CT is just as exciting as a goal.

Penn State's Taylor Bleistein causes turnover vs NU's Sheila Nesselbush
Dr. Tact

Re: CT from 2015 Big 10 semifinal

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:51 am There is a real art to causing a turnover. One of the finer points of the game for me. Sometimes a CT is just as exciting as a goal.

Except by rule, that was a foul...across the body.
cltlax

Re: CT from 2015 Big 10 semifinal

Post by cltlax »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:28 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:51 am There is a real art to causing a turnover. One of the finer points of the game for me. Sometimes a CT is just as exciting as a goal.

Except by rule, that was a foul...across the body.
Beat me to it. Might have been better for the ball carrier to have it in her other hand.
lax

Post by lax »

If it were in her left hand it would have been across the body - this was just in front of her.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

lax wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:25 am If it were in her left hand it would have been across the body - this was just in front of her.
It doesnt matter which hand, as I read the rule. The stick came across her body to make contact with the crosse. You can see her bringing the ball back to her left in her cradle. 4. Reaching across an opponent to check the stick when one is level with or behind their opponent;

I could be wrong, but if it wasn't called, it wasn't a foul, right? :D
OuttaNowhereWregget

Cool photo courtesy of Holy Cross

cltlax

Post by cltlax »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:47 am
lax wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:25 am If it were in her left hand it would have been across the body - this was just in front of her.
It doesnt matter which hand, as I read the rule. The stick came across her body to make contact with the crosse. You can see her bringing the ball back to her left in her cradle. 4. Reaching across an opponent to check the stick when one is level with or behind their opponent;

I could be wrong, but if it wasn't called, it wasn't a foul, right? :D
Agree. It was still across the body regardless of what hand she had it in.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Some particulars on Laren Blakesley, the Maryland attacker transferring to Jacksonville per tothedraw earlier. The turnstiles keep turning down at College Park. They transfer in—they transfer out. I rarely ever see anyone transferring out of Boston College. I wonder why that is. It’s not like there aren’t players at BC who ride the bench all season long too.

https://umterps.com/sports/womens-lacro ... sley/10077
jff97

Post by jff97 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:27 pm Some particulars on Laren Blakesley, the Maryland attacker transferring to Jacksonville per tothedraw earlier. The turnstiles keep turning down at College Park. They transfer in—they transfer out. I rarely ever see anyone transferring out of Boston College. I wonder why that is. It’s not like there aren’t players at BC who ride the bench all season long too.

I think it's more that particular class in general than anything wrong with the culture. The 2020 recruiting class doesn't have the COVID year like the 2019 class, and Maryland's 2019 class has a ton of contributors. So if you're in the 2020 class and haven't played yet, the writing is on the wall. I can't blame players for leaving if they want playing time, and out of state tuition at MD isn't cheap.

As for your beloved, perfect BC they had five players from 2021 who were freshman and juniors not on the roster this year, and another six seniors not use a fifth year. "The turnstiles keep turning" in Chestnut Hill too.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

jff97 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:00 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:27 pm Some particulars on Laren Blakesley, the Maryland attacker transferring to Jacksonville per tothedraw earlier. The turnstiles keep turning down at College Park. They transfer in—they transfer out. I rarely ever see anyone transferring out of Boston College. I wonder why that is. It’s not like there aren’t players at BC who ride the bench all season long too.

I think it's more that particular class in general than anything wrong with the culture. The 2020 recruiting class doesn't have the COVID year like the 2019 class, and Maryland's 2019 class has a ton of contributors. So if you're in the 2020 class and haven't played yet, the writing is on the wall. I can't blame players for leaving if they want playing time, and out of state tuition at MD isn't cheap.

As for your beloved, perfect BC they had five players from 2021 who were freshman and juniors not on the roster this year, and another six seniors not use a fifth year. "The turnstiles keep turning" in Chestnut Hill too.
https://floridagators.com/news/2020/6/1 ... nsfer.aspx
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

Hmmm. Katie Riehl (Jr midfielder) transferring from BC to Richmond...
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

This class was the last of the "early" recruits. I know of at least one who committed before ever stepping on a Varsity field. I just think they are getting bit by that bug a little, happened to several coaching staffs on Men's side . Two players in class before them red shirted (Hensh/Sites) and Smith transferred in. Rheude is class ahead but after injury now has 3 more years of eligibility. I wouldn't assume anything stinks in college park and also wouldn't be surprised if you see BC having some attrition in the next year.

Agree with Jff97's take. Writing on wall, fewer years to play.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”