ASUN members

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Plus Lindenwood and Queens for ‘23

OuttaNowhereWregget

Fifth in World Sixes. Not too shabby.

Sammy Jo Tracy - Israeli National Team
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget—Opinions, photos, highlights, news, etc.

Interesting to note that ESPN stayed away from covering the World SIxes Games. Strange that no one else picked it up either in light of how much coverage the World Championship got--which was every game, if memory serves. The Olympic streaming coverage was very good. But the game wasn't valued by the networks for whatever reason--and this toward a version of the sport that supposedly has the best chance to be added to the Olympic games.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Six Chicks Final - USA vs O Canada

According to this tweet, the game will be played at 8:30 pm CT which would make the Eastern Standard Time 9:30 pm, which I don't think is correct. However, to make sure, I'm going to keep checking Twitter throughout the day for more info on the start time. I'll also check the Olympics website at 7:30 pm EST, and 8:30 pm after that if 7:30 pm proves to be incorrect. https://olympics.com/en/sport-events/

https://twitter.com/WorldLacrosse/statu ... 6FCAQOqnXA

Kasey Choma
OuttaNowhereWregget

Most Impactful Transfer of 2022

My vote goes for Sam Geiersbach. A Richmond Spider for 4 years, she transferred to North Carolina this past offseason and had a huge impact on the Heels run to the Summit. Geiersbach single-handedly pulled her teammates back from the brink of the abyss against Northwestern in the national semifinals, scoring 5 of the last 6 goals and the last 4 which included the game tying and game winning goals. Tar Heels go down to another ignominious defeat without #36 on the roster. Then to top off her career, she scores 3 more goals vs BC in the final and wins the Most Outstanding Player of the 2022 NCAA Championship.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Most Impactful Transfer of 2022

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:04 am Image

My vote goes for Sam Geiersbach. A Richmond Spider for 4 years, she transferred to North Carolina this past offseason and had a huge impact on the Heels run to the Summit. Geiersbach single-handedly pulled her teammates back from the brink of the abyss against Northwestern in the national semifinals, scoring 5 of the last 6 goals and the last 4 which included the game tying and game winning goals. Tar Heels go down to another ignominious defeat without #36 on the roster. Then to top off her career, she scores 3 more goals vs BC in the final and wins the Most Outstanding Player of the 2022 NCAA Championship.
I think the most important transfer last season is in the photo you posted. I also think Geiersbach had a great tournament.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:07 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:04 am
I think the most important transfer last season is in the photo you posted. I also think Geiersbach had a great tournament.
Aldave? I beg to differ. Firstly, I chose the word "impactful" not "important". For the most important games of the year during Championship Weekend, Aldave had 1 goal and 1 assist to Geiersbach's 8 goals and 2 assists. Minimal impact. Bottom line--Geiersbach doesn't do what she did that last weekend, BC wins back to back titles and the story line for the Powder Blue Crew is "Yet Another Crushing Underachievement for the Team that was Supposed to Win it All".

Aldave's '22 stats:

Geiersbach's '22 stats:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:28 am
Aldave? I beg to differ. Firstly, I chose the word "impactful" not "important". For the most important games of the year during Championship Weekend, Aldave had 1 goal and 1 assist to Geiersbach's 8 goals and 2 assists. Minimal impact. Bottom line--Geiersbach doesn't do what she did that last weekend, BC wins back to back titles and the story line for the Powder Blue Crew is "Yet Another Crushing Underachievement for the Team that was Supposed to Win it All".

Aldave's '22 stats:

Geiersbach's '22 stats:
II don't think there is a right or wrong answer here. I just disagree, irrespective of the word we choose. Aldave was -- game in and game out -- a really important part of the team, chemistry, and the blending of the transfers into the culture of the team. It is not, for me, a statistical comparison. It is a blend of a lot of things, many of which fall into categories that are inchoate. Don't get me wrong: I think Sam is a terrific player and absolutely saved them in the semi and put them over the top in the final. But, for me, that's two (important, I get that) games. The body of work starts in Fall Ball and in January at practice, and I think Aldave was the most impactful/important of the three marquee transfers.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:37 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:28 am
II don't think there is a right or wrong answer here. I just disagree, irrespective of the word we choose. Aldave was -- game in and game out -- a really important part of the team, chemistry, and the blending of the transfers into the culture of the team. It is not, for me, a statistical comparison. It is a blend of a lot of things, many of which fall into categories that are inchoate. Don't get me wrong: I think Sam is a terrific player and absolutely saved them in the semi and put them over the top in the final. But, for me, that's two (important, I get that) games. The body of work starts in Fall Ball and in January at practice, and I think Aldave was the most impactful/important of the three marquee transfers.
Crosscheck

Post by Crosscheck »

SG doesn’t get the ball in the semifinals unless AA wins the draws. Switching AA to the draw was a huge part of the comeback. Both were impactful for sure.
LaxFan2000

Re: Six Chicks Final - USA vs O Canada

Post by LaxFan2000 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:25 am According to this tweet, the game will be played at 8:30 pm CT which would make the Eastern Standard Time 9:30 pm, which I don't think is correct. However, to make sure, I'm going to keep checking Twitter throughout the day for more info on the start time. I'll also check the Olympics website at 7:30 pm EST, and 8:30 pm after that if 7:30 pm proves to be incorrect. https://olympics.com/en/sport-events/

Kasey Choma
Game is at 830PM Eastern.
OuttaNowhereWregget

LaxFan2000 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:20 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:25 am According to this tweet, the game will be played at 8:30 pm CT which would make the Eastern Standard Time 9:30 pm, which I don't think is correct. However, to make sure, I'm going to keep checking Twitter throughout the day for more info on the start time. I'll also check the Olympics website at 7:30 pm EST, and 8:30 pm after that if 7:30 pm proves to be incorrect. https://olympics.com/en/sport-events/

Listed in two tweets today, the time is Central. Here's the most recent one:

https://twitter.com/WorldLacrosse/statu ... p-6qK098wA

They don't make it easy sometimes.
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:21 pm
LaxFan2000 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:20 am

Listed in two tweets today, the time is Central. Here's the most recent one:

https://twitter.com/WorldLacrosse/statu ... p-6qK098wA

They don't make it easy sometimes.
Thanks
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

Without Aldave winning those key draws late in game - Sam G may not get the ball…to go to goal.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Lax247 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:40 pm

Without Aldave winning those key draws late in game - Sam G may not get the ball…to go to goal.
Yup. 2 or 3 of those draws led directly to goal. There were also some great hustle plays late in the game. Yes, huge credit to Sam G for having the confidence and composure to keep going to goal and finishing her shots, that can’t be understated, but it really was a team win. I do think the choice to put Aldave in on the draw and her performance were game-changing.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Queens University Royals

Getting ready for D1...

OuttaNowhereWregget

Lindenwood Lions too!

Love seeing stuff like this. Just makes next season seem closer than the 210 days it actually is. Time marches on...
OuttaNowhereWregget

First of all—Welcome to FanLax, Crosscheck.
Crosscheck wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:29 am SG doesn’t get the ball in the semifinals unless AA wins the draws.
Can’t agree with you on this point. #36 scored even when the opposition won the draw (her 1st and 5th) and off turnovers (her 3rd). See below if you can make out my research notes here.

DC's and Geiersbach’s goals down the stretch

Beginning of 4th per. NU leads 13-6

NU’s Dwyer wins dc. Goal Ally M (AM)
13-7
NU’s Girardi wins dc. Goal Amonte
14-7
NC’s AM wins dc
change of possessions. Goal Wurzburger
14-8
NC’s Aldave wins dc (1). Goal Ortega
14-9
NU’s Smith wins dc
change of possessions - shot Aldave, save Doucette; shot by AM wide. Goal Geiersbach (1)
14-10
NC’s Nalls wins dc. Goal Growney
14-11
NC’s Aldave wins dc (2). Goal Geiersbach (2)
14-12
NC’s Aldave wins dc (3)
change of possessions (turnover Ortega) - shot by Ortega wide. Goal Geiersbach (3)
14-13
NC’s Aldave wins dc (4). Goal Geiersbach (4)
14-14
NU’s Dwyer wins dc.
change of possessions. Goal Geiersbach (5)
14-15
NU’s Girardi wins dc with 1:03 left
Game over.

3 of Aldave's 4 DC's down the stretch directly resulted in goals for the Heels. And as is demonstrated by the huntings and peckings on the scratch sheet above, Carolina teammates had multiple shots before Geiersbach scored her 1st (2) and 3rd (1) goals. Winning draws is important, I know, but one still has to put the ball in the net to make it hurt. Who could forget the Hop win over the Hoyas a couple of years ago where JHU lost the draw battle 26-4. I agree Aldave was right up there, but Geiersbach doesn't score, I'm talking about Courtney Taylor in this space instead; and Aldave goes onto the list of all star transfers who couldn't get the Heels over the hump on championship weekend.
Crosscheck wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:29 am Switching AA to the draw was a huge part of the comeback.
Agreed
Crosscheck wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:29 am Both were impactful for sure.
Agreed
OuttaNowhereWregget

Midfielder Samantha Irwin transfers from UMass to Lindenwood

Given that Lindenwood posted this to their Instagram account using the Gateway Arch which is in St. Louis, they may soon be the St. Louie Lions or the Gateway Girls. Maybe the Amazing Arches (or would that be Arch's?--nah, don't look right) if they have a great first D1 ASUN season. Horace Greeley's Girls? Lots of cultural references from St. Louis--and many nicknames: "Gateway to the West", The Gateway City, Mound City, The Lou, Rome of the West, River City, Saint Lou to name a few. Jackpot.

Irwin's profile from last seasons UMass roster:

https://umassathletics.com/sports/women ... rwin/13113

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”