The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:19 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:07 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:56 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:53 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:45 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:30 am
Kismet wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:40 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:36 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:32 am On July 9, 2022, the US Army suspended Volesky from a lucrative consultant’s role after a social media post appearing under his name taunted first lady Jill Biden's support of abortion rights. In response to the U.S. Supreme Court's overturning of Roe v. Wade, Dr. Biden tweeted, “For nearly 50 years, women have had the right to make our own decisions about our bodies. Today, that right was stolen from us.” An account under Volesky’s name replied: “Glad to see you finally know what a woman is.”[9] Volesky had previously made another social media post stating the United States House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack was "all about partisan politics".[10]

Yup, simply no longer gonna get paid by the US Army as a consultant.
"His comments were not in step with decorum for retired military officers."

He's a jerk, IMO.
Is that a "nasty, mean spirited attack" that I "should be ashamed of"???
My, such a snow flake response.
In your opinion he is a jerk. IMO he is a decorated hero. IMO your attack was nasty and mean spirited. I bet you would never express your opinion to the generals face. Anyhow, thanks for the back and forth.
What's your bet that the tommy toughnuts general would have said what he said in the actual company of the two ladies he disparaged online?

No question that he is a decorated hero. But he's also a demonstrated jerk in this case. Simply deleting your inappropriate comment without an apology also speaks volumes.
Maybe our first lady should take your advise. I'm certain the general has no speech writers.
yup, he's definitely the jerk.
Using your criteria Jill and the general are running neck and neck in the race towards jerk town. Jill is leading by a nose.
Apparently you've decided you want to give the LtG a run for his money in that department today. :roll:

Jill's speech writer screwed up, she didn't pick up on it; should have. She apologized. An adult.

Lt.G wrote the offensive statement on purpose, no apology. A jerk.
I have no problem with what the general said as a private citizen. I understand the facetious nature in which he said it. You think he is a jerk. I think he is an American hero. We will never agree. So does disagreeing allow you to make a personal attack on me insinuating I'm a jerk?? :D
yup, need I quote your personal attacks on me? "balls"...
Lighten up and don't be a snowflake...or a jerk. ;)

Again, I have zero issue with your considering this LtG or Flynn or any other senior officer you think is deserving of respect for their service to be a "hero".

IMO, their prior service is simply not relevant to what they do and say, now, on entirely unrelated topics.
I love it, your flailing around aimlessly MD. Keep up the good work. If your offended by my "balls" comment then report me. That is what you specialize in ain't it?? ;)
you have nothing to worry about, cradle, I'm just getting a chuckle out of your big tough talk, then going all snowflake on us...

check out the hearings starting in a few minutes...likely to be more interesting.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:48 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:32 am On July 9, 2022, the US Army suspended Volesky from a lucrative consultant’s role after a social media post appearing under his name taunted first lady Jill Biden's support of abortion rights. In response to the U.S. Supreme Court's overturning of Roe v. Wade, Dr. Biden tweeted, “For nearly 50 years, women have had the right to make our own decisions about our bodies. Today, that right was stolen from us.” An account under Volesky’s name replied: “Glad to see you finally know what a woman is.”[9] Volesky had previously made another social media post stating the United States House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack was "all about partisan politics".[10]

He's a jerk, IMO.
In your opinion he is a jerk. IMO he is a decorated hero. IMO your attack was nasty and mean spirited. I bet you would never express your opinion to the generals face. Anyhow, thanks for the back and forth.
What's your bet that the tommy toughnuts general would have said what he said in the actual company of the two ladies he disparaged online?

No question that he is a decorated hero. But he's also a demonstrated jerk in this case. Simply deleting your inappropriate comment without an apology also speaks volumes.
Maybe our first lady should take your advise. I'm certain the general has no speech writers.
Using your criteria Jill and the general are running neck and neck in the race towards jerk town. Jill is leading by a nose.
Apparently you've decided you want to give the LtG a run for his money in that department today. :roll:

Jill's speech writer screwed up, she didn't pick up on it; should have. She apologized. An adult.

I have no problem with what the general said as a private citizen. I understand the facetious nature in which he said it. You think he is a jerk. I think he is an American hero. We will never agree. So does disagreeing allow you to make a personal attack on me insinuating I'm a jerk?? :D

Again, I have zero issue with your considering this LtG or Flynn or any other senior officer you think is deserving of respect for their service to be a "hero".

IMO, their prior service is simply not relevant to what they do and say, now, on entirely unrelated topics.
I love it, your flailing around aimlessly MD. Keep up the good work. If your offended by my "balls" comment then report me. That is what you specialize in ain't it?? ;)
you have nothing to worry about, cradle, I'm just getting a chuckle out of your big tough talk, then going all snowflake on us...

check out the hearings starting in a few minutes...likely to be more interesting.
Ain't got no tough talk. I'm an old broken down guy who loves his wife and his dog and my kids. I've proved myself when I had to. Gotta go tie up my tomato plants. You have a great day. Then I can go polish my jump wings.. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:25 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:48 pm

He's a jerk, IMO.

Ain't got no tough talk. I'm an old broken down guy who loves his wife and his dog and my kids. I've proved myself when I had to. Gotta go tie up my tomato plants. You have a great day. Then I can go polish my jump wings.. :D
Hope you had a great day. Big storm here, lost power...tomato plants appear to be fine...
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Meeting set with MBS.
Guessing oil is more important than human rights.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:26 am Meeting set with MBS.
Do you think, Cosmo, that -- as the leader of a country, the economy of which places enormous reliance on petro and whose citizens use gasoline engines to do nearly everything and go nearly everywhere -- the President is presented here with the worst of Hobson's Choices?
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:41 am
Do you think, Cosmo, that -- as the leader of a country, the economy of which places enormous reliance on petro and whose citizens use gasoline engines to do nearly everything and go nearly everywhere -- the President is presented here with the worst of Hobson's Choices?
Our government is so out of touch with reality when it comes to energy, that they don't even know what the most basic first year energy analyst knows: MBS doesn't have the ability to open up the taps.The amount by which they could increase production is not enough to make a dent. Now that they have knocked the US out of being the marginal producer of oil, they have no intention of reducing prices.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

How about a new tact?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/bi ... lification
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

HooDat wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:44 am
Our government is so out of touch with reality when it comes to energy, that they don't even know what the most basic first year energy analyst knows: MBS doesn't have the ability to open up the taps.The amount by which they could increase production is not enough to make a dent. Now that they have knocked the US out of being the marginal producer of oil, they have no intention of reducing prices.
Yup. Fracking made the US the swing producer. However, lack of discipline and unfettered market forces (greed), destroyed that capacity. Capitalists are like children. Funny, but not amusing.

Sort of like ERCOT.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

Our government knows exactly what's going on. This is Kabuki.

I'm in oil country out here, and we have long time customers that both own, and are executives in, energy companies. They all say the same thing: why the F would they open more wells when prices are at all time highs ? Why take the risk when they are killing it right now?

And even if they did try and open wells on Federal lands (this is where all the complaints are), where the F does everyone think they're going to get experienced workers? They all hit the dusty trail in 2020, and "pivoted" like they were told.

Only 25% of oil comes under Biden's purview in the first place. He's in charge of Federal land. So why don't these companies shut up, and drill on private or State land? We know why: these complaints are lies.

It's all nonsense. Stop blaming the government, suck it up, and pay what the market will bear. And let me know when the government is going to step in to lower my prices for everything from glass, to botanicals, to labels, to spare parts.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:47 am

I'm in oil country out here, and we have long time customers that both own, and are executives in, energy companies. They all say the same thing: why the F would they open more wells when prices are at all time highs ? Why take the risk when they are killing it right now?

And even if they did try and open wells on Federal lands (this is where all the complaints are), where the F does everyone think they're going to get experienced workers? They all hit the dusty trail in 2020, and "pivoted" like they were told.

Only 25% of oil comes under Biden's purview in the first place. He's in charge of Federal land. So why don't these companies shut up, and drill on private or State land? We know why: these complaints are lies.

It's all nonsense. Stop blaming the government, suck it up, and pay what the market will bear. And let me know when the government is going to step in to lower my prices for everything from glass, to botanicals, to labels, to spare parts.
suck it up, and pay what the market will bear. ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

Canada wanted to get their crude oil (& US crude from ND & MT) to Gulf refineries, which would bring more of it to market, faster, at a lower cost.

Biden cx'd that pipeline his first day in office. ...tick, tick, tick until afan tells us that did not matter.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:48 pm Canada wanted to get their crude oil (& US crude from ND & MT) to Gulf refineries, which would bring more of it to market, faster, at a lower cost.

Biden cx'd that pipeline his first day in office. ...tick, tick, tick until afan tells us that did not matter.
Why aren't they using the operational Dakota Access Pipeline? It has been in service since 2017.

more rd herrings from you per usual. You need some new material :oops: .
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:32 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:47 am

suck it up, and pay what the market will bear. ;) :lol:
You got it! :lol:
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:47 am Our government knows exactly what's going on. This is Kabuki.
:lol: as is all government these days.

I suspect your customers are blustering over a few glasses of your finest ;)

They would be more than happy to drill, but they don't have the green light from their investors to do so. Their investors (the college endowments, the insurance companies, the pensions (in addition to the private equity funds they back) all want their money out of oil and gas. They're happy to take the yield, but they are not putting more money into it - they've all sworn "ESG Oaths of Fealty" to not.

But to your more important point - the influence the politicians do have is over policy. One of the most important tools they have is the OCC. Starting in 2016, the OCC started ratcheting up the amount of capital reserve banks have to hold against loans to the oil & gas industry - and just like that, credit dried up. What had been the primary engine for production growth evaporated. The message to the independent oil & gas company has been made clear - you are on your own. Like everything else our government has touched in the last 30 years - the policy decisions have pushed out smaller business owners in favor of the multi-national corporations.

a fan

Post by a fan »

HooDat wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:12 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:47 am Our government knows exactly what's going on. This is Kabuki.
Yessir!
HooDat wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:12 pm I suspect your customers are blustering over a few glasses of your finest ;)
We finally had to cave to all of the supply chain price increases.....we raised our spirits prices outside of Colorado for the first time in 20 years.

The market for spirits is changing at light speed. It's crazy to watch it from my chair.
HooDat wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:12 pm But to your more important point - the influence the politicians do have is over policy. One of the most important tools they have is the OCC. Starting in 2016, the OCC started ratcheting up the amount of capital reserve banks have to hold against loans to the oil & gas industry - and just like that, credit dried up. What had been the primary engine for production growth evaporated. The message to the independent oil & gas company has been made clear - you are on your own. Like everything else our government has touched in the last 30 years - the policy decisions have pushed out smaller business owners in favor of the multi-national corporations.
Yes! And the average American has NO CLUE that there are things like the import-export bank that hands multinational risk over to taxpayers.

It's why I keep saying that if you REALLY pulled the plug on Big Government? The average American's life would fall apart completely. They have NO CLUE about all the things that the Federal government does to enable their lifestyle.

Which is why the R's keep making government bigger. And when the R's take back the White House in a couple of years? They'll break all previous spending records in an attempt to keep the party going.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HooDat wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:12 pm

I suspect your customers are blustering over a few glasses of your finest ;)

They would be more than happy to drill, but they don't have the green light from their investors to do so. Their investors (the college endowments, the insurance companies, the pensions (in addition to the private equity funds they back) all want their money out of oil and gas. They're happy to take the yield, but they are not putting more money into it - they've all sworn "ESG Oaths of Fealty" to not.

But to your more important point - the influence the politicians do have is over policy. One of the most important tools they have is the OCC. Starting in 2016, the OCC started ratcheting up the amount of capital reserve banks have to hold against loans to the oil & gas industry - and just like that, credit dried up. What had been the primary engine for production growth evaporated. The message to the independent oil & gas company has been made clear - you are on your own. Like everything else our government has touched in the last 30 years - the policy decisions have pushed out smaller business owners in favor of the multi-national corporations.
Not my field at all...am I correct that the OCC rules came after a pretty bad spell in the oil and gas industry, low prices, falling demand, etc and effectively said that banks needed to consider more critically whether the borrowers really had the capacity to repay? Because risks of default were (at least arguably) so high? And this change dried up supply of capital?

We later had the pandemic shock, causing lots of small players to get crushed as prices plummeted to even negative levels, reserve values thus plummeted and so credit non existent?

And now, post pandemic, soaring demand at the same time as risk of supply shortages have suddenly grown with war in Ukraine, sanctions, etc...so prices at super high levels, reserve values at super high levels...but lack of likelihood that these high values will be sustained...right? gonna drop? And so banks need to reserve against such drop, else the banks are likely left holding the bag on loans that can't get paid? This is all about how to apportion risk...?
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:10 pm This is all about how to apportion risk...?
Yes to just about everything you said.

Keep in mind, the OCC is a very strong regulatory tool of the administrative branch of the fed gov. Over my career I watched the OCC use its ability to dictate underwriting criteria for loans to push business to: implement universal environmental testing (by requiring environmental studies for every loan); mandate Y2K preparedness (Y2K risk assessments); reduce carbon output (ESG scoring assessments). I am not saying these are bad causes, but none of these decisions were discussed in the political sphere. No politicians were on record saying they wanted to pass a law requiring any of these measures - regulators just knew that their administrations would look favorably upon them if they implemented them. These oil & gas reserve requirements are a similar use of the political "tool" but in a very new way.

What is unique here is that the OCC does not normally ratchet reserve requirements up and down in reaction to market predictions/forecasts - but in this case they did. They didn't make changes to real estate lending reserves post 2008, they didn't make changes to tech loan reserve requirements after the dot.com bust, nor did they do anything to change reserve requirements for loans to power companies even as their risk profiles have changed dramatically. They have let the markets take care of those risk assessments. Did I miss the part of the OCC's charter where they are mandated to establish where banks should lend money? I thought that was what markets where for?

a fan

Post by a fan »

HooDat wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:25 pm Did I miss the part of the OCC's charter where they are mandated to establish where banks should lend money? I thought that was what markets where for?
Do you think oil companies would EVER let American voters know that they are subsidizing the oil companies' risk? :lol: ;)

This is why I get so livid when Republicans claim "we just want government out of the way".....because Republican leaders know about all these taxpayer crutches they employ for Multinational corporations, and are flat out lying to their voters about it.

Voters have NO CLUE this happens.

This is also why I laugh when American complain about electric car subsidies. :lol: As if Gas is all free market.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Oil & Gas is most definitely supported by the gov via favorable tax treatment.

But I don't understand your broader point. Are you suggesting that regulatory oversight equates to subsidy?

The OCC is not the FDIC. Which I guess subsidizes all business by subsidizing the risk associated with banks lending out the money in our personal banking accounts...?

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:34 pm
HooDat wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:25 pm Did I miss the part of the OCC's charter where they are mandated to establish where banks should lend money? I thought that was what markets where for?
Do you think oil companies would EVER let American voters know that they are subsidizing the oil companies' risk? :lol: ;)

This is why I get so livid when Republicans claim "we just want government out of the way".....because Republican leaders know about all these taxpayer crutches they employ for Multinational corporations, and are flat out lying to their voters about it.

Voters have NO CLUE this happens.

This is also why I laugh when American complain about electric car subsidies. :lol: As if Gas is all free market.
I think HooDat is saying that the OCC is making it unreasonably difficult for oil and gas producers to get loans by increasing the required reserves...

HooDat, does OCC or another agency support or guarantee these loans in some way or are they simply a regulatory agency focused on the health and practices of the banking industry?

https://www.occ.treas.gov/about/what-we ... index.html

I think a fan is talking more about subsidies: https://www.iea.org/topics/energy-subsidies

https://generation180.org/the-absurd-tr ... subsidies/

Return to “POLITICS”