Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:11 pm
Left to your own devices, you’d be lucky if American Democrats ONLY caused a Venezuelan ruin. I’d expect more Soviet style culture.
Says that guy who didn't notice that Trump made the Government 66% larger. :lol: Please...by all means, try and lecture me about spending ourselves in oblivion, Pete. Whoo! Good one!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:48 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:11 pm
Left to your own devices, you’d be lucky if American Democrats ONLY caused a Venezuelan ruin. I’d expect more Soviet style culture.
Says that guy who didn't notice that Trump made the Government 66% larger. :lol: Please...by all means, try and lecture me about spending ourselves in oblivion, Pete. Whoo! Good one!

The ignorance is really nuts.

The House of Representatives Thursday passed a two-year budget bill ironed out between President Donald Trump and congressional Democrats, removing the threat of deep automatic cuts in domestic programs and the military.

But the deal also infuriated some of Trump's closest allies in the U.S. Congress, who criticized the agreement as fiscally irresponsible.

The budget legislation passed 284-149, with support coming overwhelmingly from Democrats. More than twice as many Republicans voted against it than for it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 821761001/
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:08 am

The House of Representatives Thursday passed a two-year budget bill ironed out between President Donald Trump and congressional Democrats, removing the threat of deep automatic cuts in domestic programs and the military

:lol: You know that Obama didn't sign a spending bill, and let the sequesters happen, right Pete?

And what happened? That's right....spending went DOWN for the first time since 1953. And went down the following year, too.

You know: like you and your pals claim that you want.

So you were saying? Let me guess: Trump had "no choice" (snicker) but to spend all that money?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:38 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:08 am

The House of Representatives Thursday passed a two-year budget bill ironed out between President Donald Trump and congressional Democrats, removing the threat of deep automatic cuts in domestic programs and the military

:lol: You know that Obama didn't sign a spending bill, and let the sequesters happen, right Pete?

And what happened? That's right....spending went DOWN for the first time since 1953. And went down the following year, too.

You know: like you and your pals claim that you want.

So you were saying? Let me guess: Trump had "no choice" (snicker) but to spend all that money?

Easy question to answer, a fan: did Trump get his support on the budget deal more from Democrats or Republicans?

Don’t be shy to admit you were wrong with your original post, which you’ve of course cut off from the thread so others don’t fact check you.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:54 am Easy question to answer, a fan: did Trump get his support on the budget deal more from Democrats or Republicans?
:lol: So because you've run out of excuses as to why Trump made the government 66% larger......you're back to "the Dems do it , too". Yep, Dems voted for those spending bills.

But Pete...Trump, unlike you, is a grown man. He's responsible for the documents he signs.

But sure, try and tell us that it's "someone else's" fault that Trump signed those spending bills.

So you're telling us that no matter who signs a bill, or who votes for it, Republicans aren't responsible for the bills that they vote for or sign.

Obama didn't sign bills he didn't want to sign, Petey. Result? Spending cuts kicked in. The spending cuts YOU claim you want.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:07 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:54 am Easy question to answer, a fan: did Trump get his support on the budget deal more from Democrats or Republicans?
:lol: So because you've run out of excuses as to why Trump made the government 66% larger......you're back to "the Dems do it , too". Yep, Dems voted for those spending bills.

But Pete...Trump, unlike you, is a grown man. He's responsible for the documents he signs.

But sure, try and tell us that it's "someone else's" fault that Trump signed those spending bills.

So you're telling us that no matter who signs a bill, or who votes for it, Republicans aren't responsible for the bills that they vote for or sign.

Obama didn't sign bills he didn't want to sign, Petey. Result? Spending cuts kicked in. The spending cuts YOU claim you want.
“So you're telling us that no matter who signs a bill, or who votes for it, Republicans aren't responsible for the bills that they vote for or sign.”

Maybe they are functionally illiterate. Like the clowns in MI who just legalized THC edibles.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
old salt

Post by old salt »

When Biden attacks gas station owners, he should use his Pakistani accent.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:15 pm When Biden attacks gas station owners, he should use his Pakistani accent.
Your thin skin is showing again along with your stereotyped biases which you always think are somehow witty and funny even as they fall flat as a pancake every time. :oops:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:21 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:15 pm When Biden attacks gas station owners, he should use his Pakistani accent.
Your thin skin is showing again along with your stereotyped biases which you always think are somehow witty and funny even as they fall flat as a pancake every time. :oops:
Correction. Indian accent. ...& this was when he was still lucid & in command of his faculties.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:26 pm
Correction. Indian accent. ...& this was when he was still jucid & in command of his faculties.
Not to worry. Your multiple tasteless streaks remain intact and you still aren't funny. :oops:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:28 pm
Correction. Indian accent. ...& this was when he was still jucid & in command of his faculties.
Not to worry. Your multiple tasteless streaks remain intact and you still aren't funny. :oops:
...at least tip your waitress. Don't take your thin-skinnedness out on her.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Correction. Indian accent. ...& this was when he was still lucid & in command of his faculties.
:lol: :lol:

“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:36 pm
Kismet wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:28 pm
...at least tip your waitress. Don't take your thin-skinnedness out on her.
You're an expert on thin-skinnedness. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:37 pm

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long, and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say
Home, home again
I like to be here when I can
And when I come home cold and tired
It's good to warm my bones beside the fire
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells

Yet you have Time to waste, doubling my post count while bringing nothing informative to the discussion.

Enough Time wasted here, off to the dog park to enjoy the sunset over the South River with our happy hour friends.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:51 pm

Home, home again

Yet you have Time to waste, doubling my post count while bringing nothing informative to the discussion.

Enough Time wasted here, off to the dog park to enjoy the sunset over the South River with our happy hour friends.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:51 pm

Home, home again

👎
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://nypost.com/2022/07/09/monticell ... jefferson/

If you want to re-write a persons legacy this is the way to do it. To paraphrase one sentence in the article... judging a man through a prism of 250 years is nearly impossible. I know Jefferson was a very complicated person. I know one thing, i don't have any plans to take a tour of Monticello anytime soon.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:58 pm https://nypost.com/2022/07/09/monticell ... jefferson/

If you want to re-write a persons legacy this is the way to do it. To paraphrase one sentence in the article... judging a man through a prism of 250 years is nearly impossible. I know Jefferson was a very complicated person. I know one thing, i don't have any plans to take a tour of Monticello anytime soon.
... I have been to Monticello 10 or more times in my life. Jefferson is the president I probably know best -- his history including the ugly. I also admire him as a founder, considering his times. This has peaked my interest. Will have to take another visit later this summer. I suspect some of the description in the article is BS, for the Post's own political reasons. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:21 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:58 pm https://nypost.com/2022/07/09/monticell ... jefferson/

... I have been to Monticello 10 or more times in my life. Jefferson is the president I probably know best -- his history including the ugly. I also admire him as a founder, considering his times. This has peaked my interest. Will have to take another visit later this summer. I suspect some of the description in the article is BS, for the Post's own political reasons. :roll:
It would be great to get your POV...my understanding is that they are indeed making a concerted effort to revise how Jefferson is portrayed, basically saying that he is a very, very important figure in history, super important to UVA nearby and to the country as a whole, and that he and his legacy deserves close historical examination...and that includes the critiques that were long swept under the rug. Far from a binary presentation, it is is more rounded and fulsome than previous presentations of only the positive. In some ways, this approach preserves the ongoing appreciation and study of Jefferson rather than the more extreme approaches which would shut down or remove any monuments to those who contributed to slavery's preservation and participated in it actively. I sure wouldn't prefer the latter approach! But neither would I prefer the whitewashing...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:21 pm

I sure hope so. I can understand the need to find balance between Jefferson the founding father and Jefferson the slave holder. The article, if true, is not a fair representation of Thomas Jefferson.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”