Conservatives and Liberals

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Conservatives and Liberals

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:27 pm MD: some folks can’t work ‘remote’ during a pandemic, spending their days on a computer emailing and crunching spreadsheets. WiFi is a luxury not a necessity.
Ten seconds ago, you were telling me that you don't understand why we need to invest in roads and bridges.

And now.....Petey understands that roads are important to the working class?

That was fast. You eat something special for breakfast this morning that made you stop using toddler-logic?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:29 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:27 pm MD: some folks can’t work ‘remote’ during a pandemic, spending their days on a computer emailing and crunching spreadsheets. WiFi is a luxury not a necessity.
Ten seconds ago, you were telling me that you don't understand why we need to invest in roads and bridges.

And now.....Petey understands that roads are important to the working class?

That was fast. You eat something special for breakfast this morning that made you stop using toddler-logic?

I ‘was telling you we don’t need to invest in roads and bridges’?

Wut?

Are you inventing (yet again) words no one said? Do you recognize the dishonesty of your posts? It’s really breathtaking.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:27 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:33 am The economy was cooking and rural communities getting their infrastructure dollars, but you’re arguing that they weren’t so we should’ve spent 900% more.
Impressive toddler level understanding of why infrastructure is important, Pete. "The economy is good right now..."therefore" Pete thinks we shouldn't maintain our power grid, or roads, bridges, tunnels, and dams.

Neat. Any other brilliant economic advice, Pete? How about "buy high, sell low"?

Are you okay? Your misreading of others posts is something. Or just, well, deceitful.

You literally quote me saying “the economy was cooking and rural communities were getting their infrastructure dollars”.

How do you go (legitimately anyway) from there to saying “Pete thinks we shouldn't maintain our power grid, or roads, bridges, tunnels, and dams.”.

Seriously man, stop with the deceit. If you want to know what I think, ask. Stop this immature act of saying people think or said things they’ve never thought or said. It’s something, I give you that.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:22 pm You literally quote me saying “the economy was cooking and rural communities were getting their infrastructure dollars”.

How do you go (legitimately anyway) from there to saying “Pete thinks we shouldn't maintain our power grid, or roads, bridges, tunnels, and dams.”.
Sigh. Because they're not getting anywhere close to the money they need to ACTUALLY maintain our roads, bridges, tunnels, dams, and other infrastructure, Pete.

But please, by all means, pretend like you don't know that.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:37 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:22 pm You literally quote me saying “the economy was cooking and rural communities were getting their infrastructure dollars”.

Sigh. Because they're not getting anywhere close to the money they need to ACTUALLY maintain our roads, bridges, tunnels, dams, and other infrastructure, Pete.

But please, by all means, pretend like you don't know that.

I don’t know that. And of course nor do you. You’re mindlessly repeating liberal cliches and conventional wisdom (which is often wrong) thinking you’re smart but actually demonstrating the opposite.

What I know is somehow it all works out in the end; it might not be our preferred timeline or urgency, but we get there. If you can embrace the truth of acceptable outcomes, you wouldn’t be so prone to exaggerated half/truths and deceptive postings.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:19 am I don’t know that. And of course nor do you. You’re mindlessly repeating liberal cliches
By "liberal cliches", you mean "professional engineers that didn't attend a Government University that accepts anyone with a pulse".

Been running a factory for a couple of decades now, Pete. I guess I should be "smart" like you, and just tell my brother that maintenance is yet another liberal conspiracy, and we should forget about it because Pete's wise counsel is "it all works out in the end". Who cares if a willful lack of maintenance leads to injuries or death, right Pete? "it all works out, duuuuude".

Thanks for your left wing hippie advice. Actual conservatives take care of the things they've purchased, Petey.

Here's some "spin" from the left wing hippies at Forbes.....The pace of improvement has slowed according to the analysis and at the current rate, it would take 80 years to fix all of the nation's structurally deficient bridges. 4 out of 10 U.S. bridges need to be replaced or repaired, including 1 in 3 bridges on the Interstate. If placed end-to-end, the length of the country's crumbling bridges would stretch nearly 1,100 miles, from Chicago to Houston.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccar ... 4314ca4bdc
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:19 am What I know is somehow it all works out in the end
By "it all works out in the end", you mean "I have no idea that materials fall apart, and maintenance is important."

Tell your boss the above about the planes and runways you use. Leave a few potholes on that landing strip, it's no big deal, and "works out in the end."

Every time I think you can't show how clueless you are about the world you live in......
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:35 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:19 am I don’t know that. And of course nor do you. You’re mindlessly repeating liberal cliches
By "liberal cliches", you mean "professional engineers that didn't attend a Government University that accepts anyone with a pulse".

Been running a factory for a couple of decades now, Pete. I guess I should be "smart" like you, and just tell my brother that maintenance is yet another liberal conspiracy, and we should forget about it because Pete's wise counsel is "it all works out in the end". Who cares if a willful lack of maintenance leads to injuries or death, right Pete? "it all works out, duuuuude".

Thanks for your left wing hippie advice. Actual conservatives take care of the things they've purchased, Petey.

Here's some "spin" from the left wing hippies at Forbes.....The pace of improvement has slowed according to the analysis and at the current rate, it would take 80 years to fix all of the nation's structurally deficient bridges. 4 out of 10 U.S. bridges need to be replaced or repaired, including 1 in 3 bridges on the Interstate. If placed end-to-end, the length of the country's crumbling bridges would stretch nearly 1,100 miles, from Chicago to Houston.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccar ... 4314ca4bdc
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:19 am What I know is somehow it all works out in the end
By "it all works out in the end", you mean "I have no idea that materials fall apart, and maintenance is important."

Tell your boss the above about the planes and runways you use. Leave a few potholes on that landing strip, it's no big deal, and "works out in the end."

Every time I think you can't show how clueless you are about the world you live in......

Actually in aviation you can fly a plane when something’s broken but not critical to the safety of flying the plane. It’s called the MEL, a list of aircraft equipment that can be inoperable PRIOR to dispatch.

Similarly, very few bridges fail.

Your ‘900% more’ is hysterical paranoia, devoid of thought.

And congrats on running your plant. But you should probably think why food and beverage facilities run to 100% safety. It’s not that you’ll kill your customers so much as your business couldn’t withstand negative press if there’s a fly in the hooch.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Man, the sheer STUPID is thick in here today...

:shock: :shock:
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:52 am Actually in aviation you can fly a plane when something’s broken but not critical to the safety of flying the plane. It’s called the MEL, a list of aircraft equipment that can be inoperable PRIOR to dispatch.
Sigh. Same goes for bridges, roads, dams, and tunnels, Pete. FFS.
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:52 am Your ‘900% more’ is hysterical paranoia, devoid of thought.
Yet again, you're not ready for the big boy table, Pete. You think infrastructure is great as long as its right on the edge of failure.

Meanwhile, have a look at the leaps and bounds that our economic adversaries are making in moving people, goods, information, and energy.

Pete, read this carefully: If an economic adversary (all countries are our economic adversaries) can move people, goods, information, and energy cheaper and faster than America can? Every. single. business. in that country will have an advantage over American businesses.

It's painful that I have to explain this to you.
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:52 am And congrats on running your plant. But you should probably think why food and beverage facilities run to 100% safety. It’s not that you’ll kill your customers so much as your business couldn’t withstand negative press if there’s a fly in the hooch.
:lol: Again showing you have no idea what you're talking about. 90% of the maintenance we do has NOTHING to do with consumer safety.

Keep it up, Pete, you're really on fire this week.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:13 am Man, the sheer STUPID is thick in here today...

yup, it's exhausting...I'm wondering whether our troll will eventually resort to another cranky ;) poster's claim that Mother Earth will take care of all issues, ala this one's "it all works out in the end"...he'll substitute God for Mother Earth...but it's all the same...someone else's problem, out of our hands...
a fan

Post by a fan »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:13 am Man, the sheer STUPID is thick in here today...

It's spectacular. Pete thinks Trumpism is dead, and he's not a practitioner.

But having a world class infrastructure is now a liberal conspiracy. Who knew Eisenhower was the biggest lefty we've ever seen?

Ah, the things we learn from Petey.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:04 pm

But having a world class infrastructure is now a liberal conspiracy. Who knew Eisenhower was the biggest lefty we've ever seen?

I’m learning I shouldn’t get on an airplane…
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:27 pm

You might want to take a few extra courses in statistics and logic. Airplanes are the safest mode of transportation and are only responsible for . 006 deaths per billion miles of travel.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:29 am

yup, it's exhausting...I'm wondering whether our troll will eventually resort to another cranky ;) poster's claim that Mother Earth will take care of all issues, ala this one's "it all works out in the end"...he'll substitute God for Mother Earth...but it's all the same...someone else's problem, out of our hands...

Funny you mention it. The earth does solve all environmental problems.

That doesn’t stop the hysteria from the emotionally unbalanced, narcissistic left from screaming about how we only have eight years left however. (Even though Obama and Gore can’t get enough beachfront property! 😂 🤡)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:27 pm

Just don't fly on any planes serviced by Petey...
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:38 pm

That doesn’t stop the hysteria from the emotionally unbalanced, narcissistic left from screaming about how we only have eight years left however. (Even though Obama and Gore can’t get enough beachfront property! 😂 🤡)
God what a mah-roon. The earth solves no environmental problems, it lets them run their course. https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/what-is- ... h-one.html
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:53 pm

God what a mah-roon. The earth solves no environmental problems, it lets them run their course. https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/what-is- ... h-one.html

Yeah, we’re gonna have a ‘mass extinction level event’. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Do you guys hear yourselves?
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:55 pm

I wish I lived near the Boca Grande Bridge that you live under. I’d love to meet you in person to tell you to your face what an incomprehensibly dumb fook you are.

(Written with full knowledge this may result in my first trip to the penalty box, but so worth it. What an effing moron.)
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:55 pm

... Petey, we have a giant sinkhole that has developed on North Avenue in Baltimore. You have any idea when the earth is going to fix this problem??
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”