Coaching Carousel D3 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Carroll81

Re: Coaching Carousel D3 2022

Post by Carroll81 »

ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:57 am W&L has a posting for an assistant position. Anyone know which side of the ball is open, that could be a hint that one of these HC jobs has filled
Offensive
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

Making Goucher a competitive team will be a large hill to climb for the coach who takes the job. Yes the college is located in a lacrosse hot bed but local kids really don't see it as a great option. The lacrosse field is nice but the rest of the campus is rather dreary, very 1970's looking. Its also very expensive. I think recruiting there will be a challenge.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

River Donkey wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:20 am
Switzerland wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:17 am
River Donkey wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:40 am
ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:57 am W&L has a posting for an assistant position. Anyone know which side of the ball is open, that could be a hint that one of these HC jobs has filled
My guess is whoever it is they are heading to Goucher.
Mendoza?
That’s my guess. I’m thinking he saw the success Sax had and wants in on the Landmark. Just a guess.
Goucher is down to 3 candidates. They might make an offer late Friday to 1 of them.
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

Gettysburg has a posting for an assistant coaching position. Is a domino about to fall?
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

JustOneTime wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:33 am Making Goucher a competitive team will be a large hill to climb for the coach who takes the job. Yes the college is located in a lacrosse hot bed but local kids really don't see it as a great option. The lacrosse field is nice but the rest of the campus is rather dreary, very 1970's looking. Its also very expensive. I think recruiting there will be a challenge.
I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I love the campus. tucked into 250+ acres in the middle of Towson. Rural college in an urban setting. My son loves it to.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

Hearing Brockport is down to its final two.. both on campus this week. Should have someone in place by next week. Sounds like a temp PT position with no budget cuts to the Program… could be a good sign for whoever gets the position
SneaksBeac

Post by SneaksBeac »

Looks like Hiram is officially official.

https://hiramterriers.com/news/2022/7/1 ... coach.aspx

The question has he self reported yet...I kid I kid...
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

SneaksBeac wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:15 pm Looks like Hiram is officially official.

https://hiramterriers.com/news/2022/7/1 ... coach.aspx

The question has he self reported yet...I kid I kid...
Bazinga.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

InsiderRoll wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:30 pm
richard wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:24 pm Just saw the Utica hire. All I can say is holy crap. Wow they will be players in a short time.
Well coached yes. Well recruited… we’ll see.

+1

Going to take a lot to get Utica up to the top of the conference. At least they have a good shot to make the playoffs in the Empire 8.
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
Leonard Washington

Benedictine (IL) has their man
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
LaxDad1967

Post by LaxDad1967 »

Leonard Washington wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:32 pm
InsiderRoll wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:30 pm
richard wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:24 pm Just saw the Utica hire. All I can say is holy crap. Wow they will be players in a short time.
Well coached yes. Well recruited… we’ll see.

+1

Going to take a lot to get Utica up to the top of the conference. At least they have a good shot to make the playoffs in the Empire 8.
I think d3 programs can build rather quickly. Look at what STF did. Recruit a solid class or two and a see a rather quick turnaround.
Leonard Washington

LaxDad1967 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:47 pm I think d3 programs can build rather quickly. Look at what STF did. Recruit a solid class or two and a see a rather quick turnaround.
Depends on what you mean by a solid recruiting class or two (4-5 years of having a full class go through or 1 or 2 years). If you are referring to Fisher, that wasnt a quick turn around, IMO. There was a base of good and talented players there for a number of years, stuck in a rather archaic system, especially on offense. New coaching and vision helped propel them and take the next step.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Leonard Washington wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:34 pm
LaxDad1967 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:47 pm I think d3 programs can build rather quickly. Look at what STF did. Recruit a solid class or two and a see a rather quick turnaround.
Depends on what you mean by a solid recruiting class or two (4-5 years of having a full class go through or 1 or 2 years). If you are referring to Fisher, that wasnt a quick turn around, IMO. There was a base of good and talented players there for a number of years, stuck in a rather archaic system, especially on offense. New coaching and vision helped propel them and take the next step.
Fishers emergence as a legitimate program has been great. Does Utica have the same advantages STJC has? I know everyone has their niche, but I’m not sure I know enough about Utica to know what theirs could be?
LaxDad1967

Post by LaxDad1967 »

Leonard Washington wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:34 pm
I look at the two classes of 2018 and 2017. Multiple all Americans. Multiple conference championships. Got them over that hill. Not too familiar with what was there before them but those classes jump out
Leonard Washington

LaxDad1967 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:43 pm
I look at the two classes of 2018 and 2017. Multiple all Americans. Multiple conference championships. Got them over that hill. Not too familiar with what was there before them but those classes jump out
Not a bad point. We also can not forget the year in which coach Dobbins actually took over and became Head Coach.
Leonard Washington

InsiderRoll wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:39 pm Fishers emergence as a legitimate program has been great. Does Utica have the same advantages STJC has?
No

It is going to be a tough task for Utica U to take the next step in the E8 for Mens Lacrosse, let alone reach or get to anything Fisher has produced in the past 5 years

A move to D2 and leaving the Empire 8 will help, especially if they get adequate athletic scholarship $
richard

Post by richard »

Fisher has been a strong program for the last 15 or so years. It did not take them long to get there either. And that was playing vs a much stronger E8 conference.
Utica has something going on right now. I’m not sure what the move to University status means or if they plan to move to d2 so the hockey team can go d1. Either which way I can’t believe Rogers would take the job unless he had strong administrative support for the program. Rogers knows how to recruit and coach. Utica is not a detriment to recruiting either.
Leonard Washington

richard wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:39 pm Fisher has been a strong program for the last 15 or so years. It did not take them long to get there either. And that was playing vs a much stronger E8 conference.
Utica has something going on right now. I’m not sure what the move to University status means or if they plan to move to d2 so the hockey team can go d1. Either which way I can’t believe Rogers would take the job unless he had strong administrative support for the program. Rogers knows how to recruit and coach. Utica is not a detriment to recruiting either.
While I do think they have been a solid program at Fisher, including 09/10, I think it's night and day comparing the Dobbins regime vs the previous times in Rochester.

As for Rogers, it has been a while since he has had to actively recruit as the top/only guy doing so. It was a hell of a lot easier to get players to SUNY almost 2 decades ago, when they would just fall right into your lap being "The" state school destination in New York. Can he coach and recruit, yes. Will that help them, yes. Will they challenge Fisher, Naz in the near future, probably not (even though Nazareth isnt the same team from his time at Cortland). While they wrap up their time in the E8, they do have a shot of battling it out with Hartwick and Alfred for that 3rd and 4th spot. Support at Utica has not been an issue, especially from the president with Hutton to (now) Casamento.
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

Also add Earlham to the list of needing a coach:

https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/17068 ... osse-coach

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”