2022 Women’s Lacrosse World Championship

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: 2022 Women’s Lacrosse World Championship

Post by DMac »

Lax247 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:35 am
DMac wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:17 am Completely agree. This team is just a clinic, phenomenal talent, aint nobody does wlax like the USA.
Treanor had, I think, three assists back to back to back and each one of them was on the dime, right
in the stick in very tight quarters. She even had the dog woofin' a couple times with her precision passing.
Only watched the first half, don't know how many she ended up with but she had four (plus one goal) at
the half. Agree, CN is a scorer but there are several players on this team who are far more complete players.
Ive been saying that ^ CN for 2 years and got my A** handed to me. Great shooter not a complete player. And thats OK
other players def have a more complete game plan.
....and at this level it's as plain to see as the schnoz on Jimmy Durante's face (unless your blinded by adoration and worship).
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wu to Yu. Wuhoo, goal for Hong Kong.
Katrina Dowd playing for the Irish, big
surprise, she's got the goal for Ireland.
They aint looking good though, down
3-1, 1:30 to go in the 1st.
Ooops, make that 3-2, another one
from KD.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Kleizaster wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:19 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:06 pm North played much better tonight. None of the ball hogging one on one from the Canada game. She worked to get open down low and her teammates found her. She is an excellent finisher when she plays like this. That’s the way the game is supposed to be played.

McCool again tonight, as she was against the Canadians, was the best player on the US team. She simply does everything well.

Treanor is the queen of distribution.

I still miss not having Tumolo on the team. Nobody is more fun to watch.

Even with all her physical limitations, the aged Dana Dobbie sure put on a show the other night. Senior citizen of the tourney so far.
You know what, she doesn't get talked about as much as the other players on the team but Marie McCool is an amazing player and always has been. A joy to watch. Putting on another clinic against the Aussies tonight. Complete player. We all love CN and she's great. The best shooter the game has ever seen. but she just doesn't impact the game in the same manner Cummings, Treanor, McCool, and Apuzzo do. If North is not scoring , she struggles to stay involved in the game.

You're serious about that statement? That's YOUR opinion, correct? How far back do you go with watching the game? I'm curious because THAT is a helluva statement and you should be able to back that up. Correct? If that's simply your opinion, then no receipts are necessary.

I have seen a lot of players over the years and I would not make that statement about Charlotte. I like her and think she's outstanding, BUT, I'm not going down the "best ever" road. You can travel that with ONW, Can Opener and other zealots. Godspeed.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Brits up two-zip over the Canadians after one.
Nice level of competition to be playing a day
before meeting the Magnificent 'Mericans.
2-2, Evans and Dobbie.
The Brits are a little nuts, If you never have,
given the opportunity, go hang out in a Pub for a little while..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IahcZyBsDG8&t=8s
DMac

Post by DMac »

Man, Alie Jimerson has really evolved as a lacrosse player. Have been a fan of hers since she arrived at Cuse.
Has always been a good player but upped her game a lot over the years. Happy to see it, plays with a lot of confidence, good eyes, nice stick. Scored a nice (maybe in the crease?) goal. Made the dog's tail
wag.
6-4 Canada at the half.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Dobbie with a polished gem of a pass on the FPS.
Shot hit the top pipe...that should have been a
goal.
9-6 end of 3.
DMac

Post by DMac »

More tail wagging.
Nice shot and goal from Alie.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Dowd 6 (on 7 shots, just missed a BTB), Austria 3 with 5 min to go in the half.
This level of competition aint quite what Katrina's used to.
Putz put one in for Austria followed by one from Meislitzer (spelling way off no doubt),
love the 60s look flowers in her hair. Nice touch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I0vkKy504U
Lacrossetheworld

Post by Lacrossetheworld »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfmJZuSLY-m ... MyMTA2M2Y= Thought some of you might like this picture and caption!
DMac

Post by DMac »

You were right, great pic and very clever caption.
Could say that's taking face guarding to another level.
DMac

Post by DMac »

England not laying down, looking pretty good.
Just can't let the US have the ball.
4-1 end of 1.

8-6 USA at the half.
England giving the US all they can handle.
Some mighty sweet shots going on in this one
from both sides. Good game.
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

DMac wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:28 pm England not laying down, looking pretty good.
4-1 end of 1.

8-6 USA at the half.
Unable to watch . Are they subbing or pretty much playing the core ladies - CN, KT, SA, Ally M, Mccool, parrros etc
DMac

Post by DMac »

Actually, I've lost my signal, very frustrating.
Answer to your question though is yes, those are the players they've been going with.
Looks pretty much the same as it has all along.
njbill

Post by njbill »

The Limeys gave the Yanks a pretty tough game which was closer than the final score might suggest. Don't they know we won the revolution? Sore losers, I guess.

Treanor, Cummings, and North played big time when the outcome was still more or less up in the air.

Trenchard did a very good job on Whittle. I was wondering if the US would assign one of her former Terp teammates to mark her, but they didn't. Seems as though Douty may be nursing a hammy (?). Would like to get her back 100%.

TC was named player of the game.

How in the world could ESPN not televise a World Cup game between the US and England on the 4th of July? Wouldn't have happened if I were president of ESPN.

Some trivia: April 1, 2014, Moorestown (Marie McCool) beat Eastern (Britt Read) 16-8. McCool had six goals. Don't know how many saves Read had.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Lax247 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:41 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:28 pm England not laying down, looking pretty good.
4-1 end of 1.

8-6 USA at the half.
Unable to watch . Are they subbing or pretty much playing the core ladies - CN, KT, SA, Ally M, Mccool, parrros etc
Starting middie line of Cummings, Parros, and McCool has been the same all tournament. Second line has been Arsenault, Mastroianni, and Kennedy. The team has rotated these middie lines on a regular basis in all games, with some mixing and matching here and there, though the first line gets most of the minutes.

Starting attack of North, Treanor, and Apuzzo seems to play the large majority of the minutes. Sub attackers, Ohlmiller and Hendrick, do get meaningful playing time, however.

With Douty apparently hurt, the starters on defense have been Mercer, Trenchard, and Block, with Colson rotating in. I think Douty played all of the Canada game, none of the Australia or Scotland game, and a bit of today's game.

Hogan has started in goal and played the entire first half in all games. Waters has played the entire second half in each game.

Cummings has started out on the draw in each game. Mastroianni has been the first sub at center. It seems that Treanor is next in line to take the draw, though she took more than her normal share today as she was having more success than the other two. McCool and North have taken a handful of draws in the tournament.

Think I have this right.
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

njbill wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:12 pm
Lax247 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:41 pm
4-1 end of 1.

8-6 USA at the half.
Starting middie line of Cummings, Parros, and McCool has been the same all tournament. Second line has been Arsenault, Mastroianni, and Kennedy. The team has rotated these middie lines on a regular basis in all games, with some mixing and matching here and there, though the first line gets most of the minutes.

Starting attack of North, Treanor, and Apuzzo seems to play the large majority of the minutes. Sub attackers, Ohlmiller and Hendrick, do get meaningful playing time, however.

With Douty apparently hurt, the starters on defense have been Mercer, Trenchard, and Block, with Colson rotating in. I think Douty played all of the Canada game, none of the Australia or Scotland game, and a bit of today's game.

Hogan has started in goal and played the entire first half in all games. Waters has played the entire second half in each game.

Cummings has started out on the draw in each game. Mastroianni has been the first sub at center. It seems that Treanor is next in line to take the draw, though she took more than her normal share today as she was having more success than the other two. McCool and North have taken a handful of draws in the tournament.

Think I have this right.
Thank u!
So Ohlmiller and Hendricks did play today ??
njbill

Post by njbill »

Yup.

Box score:

https://www.womensworldlax2022.com/spor ... 4_w762.xml

Edit to add that these international box scores are obviously different than the college ones we are used to. I don’t think a player shows up in the box score unless they have one of the rather limited stats they keep track of. I am positive Colson and Douty played in the game today. Pretty sure Hendrick did as well. I think all 18 rostered players have played in all four games with the exception of Douty who I think sat out the last two games (I believe) due to injury.
DMac

Post by DMac »

On a field full of the gifted of the gifted, Ally Mastroianni caught my eye today.
Just an awfully good player. When she's chugging forward and determined to get
to the cage she becomes a train mighty tough to stop. One goal on one shot today,
it was reminiscent of the one she scored to break UNC out of their funk on NC day
vs BC. I want Ally on my team, a really tough competitor.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Natch. ;) She’s a Jersey girl. :)
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:10 pm Can Man, you crack me up. :lol: I am so far inside your head I know you better than you know yourself. You just spent an hour of your day devoted to me. I'm so honored. But you did miss a few. Try to do better.

Since you enjoy my comments on North so much, here's another one for you.

Did you notice in the first half of the game the other night when she went rogue and turned into me-first Charlotte? She scored, but her senior teammates, instead of hugging her as normally occurs after a goal, clearly were chastising her for selfish play. And then the coaches took her out shortly thereafter.

I hope that doesn't make your head explode since I'm inside it. :lol:
The video is now available from the game against AU. For all three of CN's goals, her teammates celebrated with her and showed zero evidence of chastising her. I suppose the "selfish play" you imagined occurs at around 13:20 of the video below. CN and Marie McCool work a little two-woman game about 10 yards from the goal and MM gives her teammate a nice feed for a relatively easy finish. This was not hero ball in any sense of the term and several teammates greeted her warmly with the customary hugs. Her other first half goal occurred at the 11:24 mark of the video. I know you said that she was chastised in the first half, but in case you meant the second half, you can see her third goal at 59:50 when her teammates cleared out her half of the field for a relatively easy 1:1 dodging opportunity which she converted. As for selfish play overall, she had a nice assist in the first half and was robbed of another one at 39:30 of this video when Moreno stopped Apuzzo at point blank range.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BnwrXi9epQ

It's one thing to have a negative opinion about someone, it's quite another to fabricate imaginary transgressions. I have admitted errors many times on these pages. We shall see if you can do the same.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”