Conservatives and Liberals

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Conservatives and Liberals

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:57 pm Why would Trump have needed an extra infrastructure bill beyond what gets spent normally, when the economy was doing so great without it?
Great. Don't pass anymore infrastructure bills, Pete. Let the people outside of major cities eat cake.

Works for me. You sure do like keeping all the money with the big city liberal elite, Pete. Are you sure you're in the right political party?

Pete thinks that rural American cities with a few hundred people can pay for roads and bridges. Shut down the Federal funding, and let them go hungry.

Dunno, Pete. That doesn't sound like much of a plan.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Those infrastructure weeks were so productive...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:45 pm Those infrastructure weeks were so productive...
Whatever happened to those $1,000 post tax reform bonuses?
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Nancy was right…..crumbs…..when you have folks upset about 7 figure bonuses, you know these are crumbs.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:14 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:57 pm Why would Trump have needed an extra infrastructure bill beyond what gets spent normally, when the economy was doing so great without it?
Great. Don't pass anymore infrastructure bills, Pete. Let the people outside of major cities eat cake.

Works for me. You sure do like keeping all the money with the big city liberal elite, Pete. Are you sure you're in the right political party?

Pete thinks that rural American cities with a few hundred people can pay for roads and bridges. Shut down the Federal funding, and let them go hungry.

Dunno, Pete. That doesn't sound like much of a plan.

The economy was cooking and rural communities getting their infrastructure dollars, but you’re arguing that they weren’t so we should’ve spent 900% more.

👌
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Over the past few months I’ve been driving between Wilmington, NC and Newport News, VA. The fastest route is via state roads that run between I 95 and the Pamlico and Albermarle Sounds. Good old boy eastern NC. Remarkably - at least to me - is that in this day and age I pass six “Internet cafes” along the way.

Red counties through and through, whose elected officials don’t believe the internet should be considered infrastructure. The kids fall farther behind.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:02 am Over the past few months I’ve been driving between Wilmington, NC and Newport News, VA. The fastest route is via state roads that run between I 95 and the Pamlico and Albermarle Sounds. Good old boy eastern NC. Remarkably - at least to me - is that in this day and age I pass six “Internet cafes” along the way.

Red counties through and through, whose elected officials don’t believe the internet should be considered infrastructure. The kids fall farther behind.
Interesting observation!...they (generalizing here) also don't seem to think rural healthcare is worthy of investment. Nor rural education (except for football scoreboards).

China's going to eat our breakfast, lunch and dinner if we don't invest for the future. Crazy dumb.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:09 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:02 am Over the past few months I’ve been driving between Wilmington, NC and Newport News, VA. The fastest route is via state roads that run between I 95 and the Pamlico and Albermarle Sounds. Good old boy eastern NC. Remarkably - at least to me - is that in this day and age I pass six “Internet cafes” along the way.

Interesting observation!...they (generalizing here) also don't seem to think rural healthcare is worthy of investment. Nor rural education (except for football scoreboards).

China's going to eat our breakfast, lunch and dinner if we don't invest for the future. Crazy dumb.
Yep. When I saw the first one on my first trip through I did a double take and u-turned back. I thought I time travelled back to 1991. Surely it was just an old sign on a long-vacant building. Nope, it was open for business.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:20 am

Yep. When I saw the first one on my first trip through I did a double take and u-turned back. I thought I time travelled back to 1991. Surely it was just an old sign on a long-vacant building. Nope, it was open for business.

Have you itinerant fellas traveled to a town called “New York City”?

https://m.yelp.com/search?cflt=internet ... ttan%2C+NY

:roll: :roll:
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

I'll bet 3 of them are in Kinston.

DuPont isn't great but it's sad to see them sell that dacron plant to the Chinese.
Last edited by NattyBohChamps04 on Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:22 am

I'll bet 3 of them are in Kinston.

DuPont isn't great but it's sad to see them sell that dacron plant to the Chinese.
LOL. Close by!
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:50 am

Geez what an idiot. He truly is a god-awful troll. Doesn't even click on his own links.

Because internet cafes in NYC serving hoidy toidy drinks and frou frou tapas, or providing high end gaming systems with more power and better monitors than engineering systems ten years ago, is the same as providing a dedicated line so kids can research their homework on something faster than a dial-up connection.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:29 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:50 am

Geez what an idiot. He truly is a god-awful troll. Doesn't even click on his own links.

Because internet cafes in NYC serving hoidy toidy drinks and frou frou tapas, or providing high end gaming systems with more power and better monitors than engineering systems ten years ago, is the same as providing a dedicated line so kids can research their homework on something faster than a dial-up connection.

I can’t recall, but did you call ME a racist?

https://www.vice.com/en/article/53dz4x/ ... -in-queens

Also, presumably you understand you’re driving through rural agrarian areas? I’m sorry Starbucks isn’t every two hundred feet for your WiFi to serve the 3 families who farm 5,000 acres of land. There’s always Starlink
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Apparently Petey doesn't understand what's coming for those "agrarian" areas in the infrastructure bill...guess he thinks that rural families should have to get in their car or pickup truck to be able to do their homework...

Of course, no worries for the wealthy families in those areas. Satellite works just fine for them...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:03 am Apparently Petey doesn't understand what's coming for those "agrarian" areas in the infrastructure bill...guess he thinks that rural families should have to get in their car or pickup truck to be able to do their homework...

Of course, no worries for the wealthy families in those areas. Satellite works just fine for them...

MD: some folks can’t work ‘remote’ during a pandemic, spending their days on a computer emailing and crunching spreadsheets. WiFi is a luxury not a necessity. Next time you need to replace a blown hydraulic line on your tractor in 20 degree weather while surfing the internet, let me know how it goes!

I feel like you think every American is a private equity d-bag, never actually touching product or sweating.

Bad news: most workers aren’t elitist Democrats who majored in bisexual poetry now marketing for Blackrock and Bloomberg LP.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:27 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:03 am Apparently Petey doesn't understand what's coming for those "agrarian" areas in the infrastructure bill...guess he thinks that rural families should have to get in their car or pickup truck to be able to do their homework...

MD: some folks can’t work ‘remote’ during a pandemic, spending their days on a computer emailing and crunching spreadsheets. WiFi is a luxury not a necessity. Next time you need to replace a blown hydraulic line on your tractor in 20 degree weather while surfing the internet, let me know how it goes!

I feel like you think every American is a private equity d-bag, never actually touching product or sweating.

Bad news: most workers aren’t elitist Democrats who majored in bisexual poetry now marketing for Blackrock and Bloomberg LP.
children, Petey...doing homework.

Whatever the rest of your squirrelly rant is about, I don't know, but you obviously missed the point of why high speed internet access is important for families in today's world, rural, urban, suburban.

"WiFi"??? Wifi isn't high speed internet, BTW, it's just one means of local distribution of access to the internet or connection to another device. You don't necessarily need wifi, you do need high speed internet access.

High speed internet is no longer a "luxury", it's essential.
And that's what the infrastructure, in part, addresses for rural families where the density economics don't work for the private communications companies.

But, hey, not your problem, right?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:08 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:27 pm

children, Petey...doing homework.

Whatever the rest of your squirrelly rant is about, I don't know, but you obviously missed the point of why high speed internet access is important for families in today's world, rural, urban, suburban.

"WiFi"??? Wifi isn't high speed internet, BTW, it's just one means of local distribution of access to the internet or connection to another device. You don't necessarily need wifi, you do need high speed internet access.

High speed internet is no longer a "luxury", it's essential.
And that's what the infrastructure, in part, addresses for rural families where the density economics don't work for the private communications companies.

But, hey, not your problem, right?

If every problem was ‘my’ problem, I’d probably be fairly useless to others.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:33 am The economy was cooking and rural communities getting their infrastructure dollars, but you’re arguing that they weren’t so we should’ve spent 900% more.
Impressive toddler level understanding of why infrastructure is important, Pete. "The economy is good right now..."therefore" Pete thinks we shouldn't maintain our power grid, or roads, bridges, tunnels, and dams.

Neat. Any other brilliant economic advice, Pete? How about "buy high, sell low"?

Return to “POLITICS”