Conservative Ideology: A Big Lie

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Conservative Ideology

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:15 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:52 pm If you assign a higher moral burden to the pusher not the user, then of course one ‘doesn’t understand capitalism’.
:lol: Pete has NO CLUE how far left he is. It's spectacular.

I guess I don’t, Mr. ‘we should spend 900% more but not worry about inflation’.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:52 pm If you assign a higher moral burden to the pusher not the user, then of course one ‘doesn’t understand capitalism’.
Zero clue.

Government should directly control what we buy and what we read, government should control prices, and government should spend more but tax less...

My only nit is that Petey's philosophy, to the extent that there's any consistency at all, is more fascist than "left". But consistency ain't Petey's strong suit...
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:49 am
Zero clue.

Government should directly control what we buy and what we read, government should control prices, and government should spend more but tax less...

My only nit is that Petey's philosophy, to the extent that there's any consistency at all, is more fascist than "left". But consistency ain't Petey's strong suit...
Consistently foolish.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Zero clue.

Literally nothing you just wrote is anything I agree with. It’s more evidence of how you mislead, deceive, lie, etc, to push narratives which comport with what you personally wish for but which have no basis in truth. Your post is like a hall of fame misinformation post.

Feel free to ask if you have questions. If you want just one, I believe the government should spend WAY LESS, and tax WAY LESS. But you think (or wish) I say otherwise. Bizarre.

And of course the new insult, ‘fascist’, appears. This has I gather replaced the previous ‘racist’, which replaced ‘homophobe’, which replaced ‘rape apologist’, which replaced ….

Personally I don’t call folks names like this. Oftentimes, projection is a strong reason others do. I wonder.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:06 am
Zero clue.

Literally nothing you just wrote is anything I agree with. It’s more evidence of how you mislead, deceive, lie, etc, to push narratives which comport with what you personally wish for but which have no basis in truth. Your post is like a hall of fame misinformation post.

Feel free to ask if you have questions. If you want just one, I believe the government should spend WAY LESS, and tax WAY LESS. But you think (or wish) I say otherwise. Bizarre.

And of course the new insult, ‘fascist’, appears. This has I gather replaced the previous ‘racist’, which replaced ‘homophobe’, which replaced ‘rape apologist’, which replaced ….

Personally I don’t call folks names like this. Oftentimes, projection is a strong reason others do. I wonder.
And misogynist. Given all the times you’ve used fat, ugly, and useless to describe women you’re also a misogynist.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:11 am
Zero clue.

And misogynist. Given all the times you’ve used fat, ugly, and useless to describe women you’re also a misogynist.

Thanks for proving my point. Are there others I missed?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Zero clue.

I don't remember someone calling you a "rape apologist", but if they did, that would certainly be interesting to see what gave rise to that. Homophobe, absolutely, you clearly are, repeated evidence. Fascist, absolutely. Those aren't mutually exclusive in the least, BTW. Nor is "racist".

I don't "know you" other than through your posts.

For instance, you post support of GOP politicians who drastically increase spending, no criticism of their increases. Claim anything you want, your posts of support for them when they spend is all we need to know about your hypocrisy.

I vacillate between thinking you are truly dumb and thinking you are purposely appearing to be so just to make others angry. Either way, your posts are offensive again and again and again.

Enough of you today...there's SO much to be joyful about in our country, I'm tuning you out.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:19 am
Zero clue.

I don't remember someone calling you a "rape apologist", but if they did, that would certainly be interesting to see what gave rise to that. Homophobe, absolutely, you clearly are, repeated evidence. Fascist, absolutely. Those aren't mutually exclusive in the least, BTW. Nor is "racist".

For instance, you post support of GOP politicians who drastically increase spending, no criticism of their increases. Claim anything you want, your posts of support for them when they spend is all we need to know about your hypocrisy.

I vacillate between thinking you are truly dumb and thinking you are purposely appearing to be so just to make others angry. Either way, your posts are offensive again and again and again.

Enough of you today...there's SO much to be joyful about in our country, I'm tuning you out.

I’m not sure anyone has told you this, but believe it or not, it’s possible to support a politician but not every one of his policies. If Mitch votes for Ukraine military aid and I don’t agree, I don’t by law abandon the guy. He might have good reasons. I might not. I might even criticize his decision. In the end though, he’s my guy because we share fundamental truths.

Is he now a fascist too?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:00 am
Zero clue.

I’m not sure anyone has told you this, but believe it or not, it’s possible to support a politician but not every one of his policies. If Mitch votes for Ukraine military aid and I don’t agree, I don’t by law abandon the guy. He might have good reasons. I might not. I might even criticize his decision. In the end though, he’s my guy because we share fundamental truths.

Is he now a fascist too?
squirrel; you've applauded DeSantis' spending, you applauded/ignored Trump's spending. You pretended that McConnell's/Trump's tax cuts weren't going to massively increase the deficit and national debt...but ohh my, "deficit and debt...bad!". Immense hypocrisy.

It's not that you can't disagree with a policy, you simply haven't done so despite tons of opportunity to do so...in fact, you applauded.

It's all about the team color with you, Petey..."fundamental truths"...hoo boy... :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:07 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:00 am
Zero clue.

Is he now a fascist too?
squirrel; you've applauded DeSantis' spending, you applauded/ignored Trump's spending. You pretended that McConnell's/Trump's tax cuts weren't going to massively increase the deficit and national debt...but ohh my, "deficit and debt...bad!". Immense hypocrisy.

It's not that you can't disagree with a policy, you simply haven't done so despite tons of opportunity to do so...in fact, you applauded.

It's all about the team color with you, Petey..."fundamental truths"...hoo boy... :roll:

How have I ‘applauded Desantis’s spending’? By not agreeing with a fan that Desantis is causing economic chaos in Florida by increasing a baseline budget that’s small to start by 10%?! Ayfkm?

I don’t even know if I do applaud his budget. I don’t have the interest to read through it. I trust the guy. He’s conservative, a real one. The state has a $20+ billion surplus and AAA bond ratings. I pay zero state income tax. For the most part, I agree with him. I don’t agree with him on everything, but the bigger stuff yes.

I don’t qualify any of that as ‘applauding his spending’. I’d be willing to bet that if it was solely up to me, I’d probably chop 25%, but that’s why I’m not a politician.

As for Ron, he’s a real conservative, not a fake one. And his leadership skills are becoming better every week. What folks like you fail to note about Ron is his age (he’s 43); his upside is very very high. He’s growing into his role, with very little weaknesses showing. His wife is ridiculously talented as well.

And for me it’s absolutely not the team color. I think Adam Kinzinger is a moron. I was ecstatic to see Cawthorn lose. I’m not wild about Pence, Rubio, and probably half the R governors. What I know about most of them is they are most often better than the Democrat. Doesn’t mean I love my guys though. Doesn’t mean I hate the opposition; but it does mean I think they’re often bad for the country. Polis seems reasonable. Spanberger is solid. Manchin is solid. Sinema is solid.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Ok, so he's a young fascist (I've said that he's growing worse and worse as he grown more confident in his power and in his desire to out "right-wing" other potential POTUS candidates)...

Petey, you've posted, approvingly, when he announces new, incremental spending programs that you like because they promote your "fundamental truths"...

You can claim whatever you want, but you're clearly the opposite of 'conservative'...you are radically partisan and you care only for your personal interest, supporting, blindly, whatever politician strokes the right-wing base's ego, resentments, fears, and bigotries. You hate anyone who stands up to these, and you're just fine with opposition that is passive. Because you think that will keep you in your clearly precarious perch in the socio-economic stasis of America.

I've said, "enough"...time to go get some exercise.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:26 am Ok, so he's a young fascist (I've said that he's growing worse and worse as he grown more confident in his power and in his desire to out "right-wing" other potential POTUS candidates)...

Petey, you've posted, approvingly, when he announces new, incremental spending programs that you like because they promote your "fundamental truths"...

You can claim whatever you want, but you're clearly the opposite of 'conservative'...you are radically partisan and you care only for your personal interest, supporting, blindly, whatever politician strokes the right-wing base's ego, resentments, fears, and bigotries. You hate anyone who stands up to these, and you're just fine with opposition that is passive. Because you think that will keep you in your clearly precarious perch in the socio-economic stasis of America.

Hmmm. Too much to reply to. First though, I don’t hate anyone so far as I know; I don’t have time for hate. I especially don’t ‘hate’ people I don’t even know. If I hate conceptually, it’s a person in a position of power who abuses that power.

I do laugh at the ridiculous levels of daily outrage and hysterics the left has, but I don’t laugh at their proclivity for violence. They’re going to kill a judge soon unless someone checks their ‘protests’.

And I don’t know what ‘new incremental spending program’ by Desantis I’ve applauded. I don’t even know any new programs of his, maybe excepting the Everglades restoration fund.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:38 am I don’t have time for hate. I especially don’t ‘hate’ people I don’t even know.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Unless they're gay. Or a liberal. Or a drag queen. Or anyone who looks or thinks differently.
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:38 am If I hate conceptually, it’s a person in a position of power who abuses that power.
:lol: Yeah, we noticed that when McConnell didn't give Obama his SCOTUS pick. Boy, you sure were mad.

Or when DeSantis punished Disneyland financially when they dared have a different opinion.
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:38 am I do laugh at the ridiculous levels of daily outrage and hysterics the left has
You mean like foaming at the mouth and claiming Florida teachers were forcing 5 year olds to watch porn.

Every day, a new post, new meme, new "the liberals are doing something bad!!!"

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:38 am And I don’t know what ‘new incremental spending program’ by Desantis I’ve applauded. I don’t even know any new programs of his, maybe excepting the Everglades restoration fund.
:lol: You mean Dungy's charity that's now government funded? Of course, you can't remember.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:26 am Ok, so he's a young fascist (I've said that he's growing worse and worse as he grown more confident in his power and in his desire to out "right-wing" other potential POTUS candidates)...

Ages of Founding Fathers in 1776:

James Monroe, 18
Aaron Burr, 20
John Marshall, 20
Alexander Hamilton, 21
James Madison, 25
Benjamin Rush, 30
John Jay, 30
Thomas Jefferson, 33
Thomas Paine: 39

MD would’ve certainly called these guys ‘young fascists’ too. They hated centralized government.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Hamilton hated centralized government? really?

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperi ... stitution/

Madison? Jay? Washington?

Such an historian is our Petey... :roll:

But no, "centralized government" does not equal fascism nor does "de-centralized government".

For instance, not when that centralized government is a constitutional democracy.

But sure, fascism does hate democracy.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:30 am I guess I don’t, Mr. ‘we should spend 900% more but not worry about inflation’.
Yes. You're a toddler, who clearly has zero financial responsibility at his company. You should be delighted that you have no real power at your company, Pete. If you don't understand why it's important to ensure that America has the very best infrastructure in the world, you should stay away from any leadership role in any company.

Enjoy your high gas prices, pal. Too bad you don't understand all the things infrastructure can do to mitigate those gas prices.

Maybe next time? Work harder in High School, and get accepted to a better University, Pete. Because clearly UFlorida doesn't teach kids all that much.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:42 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:30 am I guess I don’t, Mr. ‘we should spend 900% more but not worry about inflation’.
Yes. You're a toddler, who clearly has zero financial responsibility at his company. You should be delighted that you have no real power at your company, Pete. If you don't understand why it's important to ensure that America has the very best infrastructure in the world, you should stay away from any leadership role in any company.

Enjoy your high gas prices, pal. Too bad you don't understand all the things infrastructure can do to mitigate those gas prices.

Maybe next time? Work harder in High School, and get accepted to a better University, Pete. Because clearly UFlorida doesn't teach kids all that much.

Despite the reality that a shortage of refining capacity is a cause of high diesel prices, Biden’s EPA carried the administration’s assault on the industry to its downstream sector late in the week. On Friday, EPA announced additional biofuel blending mandates not just for 2022, but also retroactive mandates that will force refiners to make up for 2020 and 2021 volumes that were previously suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidblack ... s-expands/
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:49 pm Despite the reality that a shortage of refining capacity is a cause of high diesel prices, Biden’s EPA carried the administration’s assault on the industry to its downstream sector late in the week. On Friday, EPA announced additional biofuel blending mandates not just for 2022, but also retroactive mandates that will force refiners to make up for 2020 and 2021 volumes that were previously suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidblack ... s-expands/
Here's a little primer on refining capacity, put together by the American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers (AFPM), Pete.

No. Lost capacity cannot be restored with the flip of a switch. We don’t just have 1.1 million barrels of daily capacity sitting there idle and ready to go back into production. More than half of the refining capacity lost in the United States over the past couple years is in the process of being transitioned to full-time renewable fuel production or it’s being dismantled.

Even if that wasn’t the case, reopening a refinery is a major effort. It would require significant lead time to inspect machinery and attain necessary operating permits. Staff would need to be reassembled and/or recruited and trained. And the facilities themselves would need to be reintegrated with supply chains. A hypothetical restart is not a quick-turn project, and the investment cannot be based on short-term data.

https://www.afpm.org/newsroom/blog/refi ... g-restarts

Pete, you can add and subtract, right? If you're a refiner in the US, are you happy or sad about current prices?

Got it? But sure, Joe Biden.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:21 pm

James Monroe, 18
Aaron Burr, 20
John Marshall, 20
Alexander Hamilton, 21
James Madison, 25
Benjamin Rush, 30
John Jay, 30
Thomas Jefferson, 33

MD would’ve certainly called these guys ‘young fascists’ too. They hated centralized government.
Yes Pete. They hated centralized government SO much that they worked tirelessly to create (drumroll) a centralized government that controlled the smaller States.

Were you awake during ANY of your history classes, Pete?

Pete....if they hated centralized government so much, why didn't they just leave every State as their own country?

Come back to us with a star spangled awesome answer.

And if YOU hate centralized government so much....why don't you and your mouth breathing pals insist on singing ONLY your State Anthem at ball games? Why celebrate the Union by singing the Federal Anthem if it's so bad? And more to the point....why aren't YOU refusing to stand during the Federal Anthem if you despise it so much?

And most importantly------why are you STILL cheering Trump's fake economy that he borrowed for you, Pete? Made that centralized government you supposedly hate 66% bigger: and. you. don't. care.

Worst. Troll. Ever.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:20 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:21 pm

James Monroe, 18
Aaron Burr, 20
John Marshall, 20
Alexander Hamilton, 21
James Madison, 25
Benjamin Rush, 30
John Jay, 30
Thomas Jefferson, 33

Yes Pete. They hated centralized government SO much that they worked tirelessly to create (drumroll) a centralized government that controlled the smaller States.

Were you awake during ANY of your history classes, Pete?

Pete....if they hated centralized government so much, why didn't they just leave every State as their own country?

Come back to us with a star spangled awesome answer.

And if YOU hate centralized government so much....why don't you and your mouth breathing pals insist on singing ONLY your State Anthem at ball games? Why celebrate the Union by singing the Federal Anthem if it's so bad? And more to the point....why aren't YOU refusing to stand during the Federal Anthem if you despise it so much?

And most importantly------why are you STILL cheering Trump's fake economy that he borrowed for you, Pete? Made that centralized government you supposedly hate 66% bigger: and. you. don't. care.

Worst. Troll. Ever.

Hating centralized government and recognizing the need for some centralized government are not mutually exclusive ideas.

Jeebus Lloyd H Christmas.

Return to “POLITICS”