Conservatives and Liberals

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Conservatives and Liberals

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:27 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:48 pmAgain with the bizarre assumptions and insults. :lol: :lol:

You know I don’t do that to you, right?
Uh huh. Some other guy keeps calling posters here libs and dems...when they're not.

And some other guy tried to insult me by telling me I didn't get Aquinas.

As for "fake patriotism". Yep. That's you. Who else would smugly call people who think and act exactly like you "real Americans".

That's right...a fake patriot. Someone who thinks that you're free to think, act, and look exactly like him. And if you don't do that? Well, naturally, he calls you a "fake American".
It's exhausting reading Petey's idiotic diatribes and trolling; you are doing yeoman service rebuking him at each turn, exposing his hypocrisies and bigotries, and most importantly, his lying and purposeful disinformation propaganda.

I don't have your energy.

However, I'm quite alarmed at how mind-numbingly compliant so many people have become to the MAGA cult and its ilk, fueled by the intentional lying of people who really do, or should, know better but who have decided it's in their financial and ego and power interests to deepen that compliance through deception, disinformation, deflection, projection, and other forms of lying. And I'm especially alarmed that so much of this resonates with so many who fear, resent, whatever Other boogeyman is presented to them by these deceivers.

I realize all of this has deep roots in our American history, but yikes, the level of anger and resentment is certainly the worst I've seen since the '60's.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:18 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:48 pmAgain with the bizarre assumptions and insults. :lol: :lol:

Uh huh. Some other guy keeps calling posters here libs and dems...when they're not.

As for "fake patriotism". Yep. That's you. Who else would smugly call people who think and act exactly like you "real Americans".

That's right...a fake patriot. Someone who thinks that you're free to think, act, and look exactly like him. And if you don't do that? Well, naturally, he calls you a "fake American".
It's exhausting reading Petey's idiotic diatribes and trolling; you are doing yeoman service rebuking him at each turn, exposing his hypocrisies and bigotries, and most importantly, his lying and purposeful disinformation propaganda.

However, I'm quite alarmed at how mind-numbingly compliant so many people have become to the MAGA cult and its ilk, fueled by the intentional lying of people who really do, or should, know better but who have decided it's in their financial and ego and power interests to deepen that compliance through deception, disinformation, deflection, projection, and other forms of lying. And I'm especially alarmed that so much of this resonates with so many who fear, resent, whatever Other boogeyman is presented to them by these deceivers.

I realize all of this has deep roots in our American history, but yikes, the level of anger and resentment is certainly the worst I've seen since the '60's.

It’s July 4 weekend, MD. Go outside, breathe in some fresh oxygen, and celebrate the greatest country that ever was.

Gettysburg is a beautiful place to go to today, to remind you just how incredible our ancestors were.

Also, how old were you in the 60’s, like 8? :lol: :lol:

No one is angry or resentful other than the permanently aggrieved left. They’ll always be unsatisfied if you haven’t noticed. That’s why no one should compromise with them; they’re not happy until everyone is miserable. Leave them in place while the country soars.

🇺🇸 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🎉🎉🎂🎉🎉🎉🎂
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:08 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:06 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:37 am https://www.insider.com/wisconsin-schoo ... wii-2022-6

We shouldn't learn about things that might upset the idea that we always, always, always got it right the first time, right?
Very much in line with what these folks want to do, white-wash history...only one perspective allowed to be part of the curriculum.
Wait for these folks to get a hold of the State University Systems' boards of trustees. Just teach Palinesque notions of "American Exceptionalism"?
It's darn clear that's what they want; long history of such so it's unfortunately not a surprise to see this white-wash effort re-emerge, to greater action, in the aftermath of the shock of George Floyd and BLM. It's a panicked response seeking to isolate the incident and to flip the script to make those who seek justice the "danger" to our society. When we demand a more fulsome telling of American history, when we demand greater racial or ethnic or religious or economic or gender or...justice, there has always been a backlash.

My son reminded me that prior to MLK's assassination, the majority of Americans saw his movement as a danger to American society, his critique of America's reality was considered a danger to be opposed. I had to take a moment to process that, initial reaction being that he hadn't been alive at that time, I was...and I recalled being 11 and even then aware that there was major injustice occurring that was leading to those protests in the south and in Washington DC...my son, who has studied the period more recently than I have, explained that prior to MLK's death, polling was far in opposition to the marches, the sit-ins, the "breaking the law" that he led in those protests. It was only later that his words, speeches, were examined, heard by more people. And, as the protests grew more violent and more aggressive in the ensuing handful of years into the '70's, King's non-violent campaigns were contrasted with the rhetoric and actions of those who came later...and more of white America realized that they preferred, even admired, the non-violence of King's efforts.

It takes time. But there is pushback to be expected.

When school bussing was implemented in the '70's to enforce school desegregation goals, an attempt to address the legacy of inequities of racial redlining through educational exposure and access, the reaction was angry and racist wherever it was...I recall the immense racism daily on display in Boston in the early 80's on this issue. While bussing probably wasn't the best policy strategy to achieve the goals, it unleashed a racist backlash that I certainly found striking...I'd have not been as surprised by it if in the south, but the intensity in Boston was an eye-opener. Off the hook, white teenage girls saying the most vile, racist things imaginable on camera, teenagers throwing rocks at their new schoolmates...

Bottomline, this racism and other bigotries are underlying all of this backlash...they haven't gone away.
Status quo power is threatened.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:48 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:08 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:06 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:37 am https://www.insider.com/wisconsin-schoo ... wii-2022-6

We shouldn't learn about things that might upset the idea that we always, always, always got it right the first time, right?
Very much in line with what these folks want to do, white-wash history...only one perspective allowed to be part of the curriculum.
Wait for these folks to get a hold of the State University Systems' boards of trustees. Just teach Palinesque notions of "American Exceptionalism"?
It's darn clear that's what they want; long history of such so it's unfortunately not a surprise to see this white-wash effort re-emerge, to greater action, in the aftermath of the shock of George Floyd and BLM. It's a panicked response seeking to isolate the incident and to flip the script to make those who seek justice the "danger" to our society. When we demand a more fulsome telling of American history, when we demand greater racial or ethnic or religious or economic or gender or...justice, there has always been a backlash.

My son reminded me that prior to MLK's assassination, the majority of Americans saw his movement as a danger to American society, his critique of America's reality was considered a danger to be opposed. I had to take a moment to process that, initial reaction being that he hadn't been alive at that time, I was...and I recalled being 11 and even then aware that there was major injustice occurring that was leading to those protests in the south and in Washington DC...my son, who has studied the period more recently than I have, explained that prior to MLK's death, polling was far in opposition to the marches, the sit-ins, the "breaking the law" that he led in those protests. It was only later that his words, speeches, were examined, heard by more people. And, as the protests grew more violent and more aggressive in the ensuing handful of years into the '70's, King's non-violent campaigns were contrasted with the rhetoric and actions of those who came later...and more of white America realized that they preferred, even admired, the non-violence of King's efforts.

It takes time. But there is pushback to be expected.

When school bussing was implemented in the '70's to enforce school desegregation goals, an attempt to address the legacy of inequities of racial redlining through educational exposure and access, the reaction was angry and racist wherever it was...I recall the immense racism daily on display in Boston in the early 80's on this issue. While bussing probably wasn't the best policy strategy to achieve the goals, it unleashed a racist backlash that I certainly found striking...I'd have not been as surprised by it if in the south, but the intensity in Boston was an eye-opener. Off the hook, white teenage girls saying the most vile, racist things imaginable on camera, teenagers throwing rocks at their new schoolmates...

Bottomline, this racism and other bigotries are underlying all of this backlash...they haven't gone away.
Status quo power is threatened.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The word ‘racism’ is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything – and demanding evidence makes you a ‘racist.’

TS
a fan

Post by a fan »

It's like playing with a ball of yarn, batting it around. And I have pot stills running, so why not?

Trumpism is alive and well. American kids are falling behind in every educational metric...and Pete and band of geniuses think that the way to fix that is to keep Drag Queens away, and when teaching history.....skip over any part of American history that doesn't make white men look star spangled awesome.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

This post is an admission that MD won’t debate serous topics; rather he prefers others to simply listen to his views.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:04 pm This post is an admission that MD won’t debate serous topics; rather he prefers others to simply listen to his views.
Says the guy who runs away and hides, or quickly changes the subject, any time he's cornered into admitting he's full of it.

Still waiting for your CV, to prove you're more of an aviation expert than that 23 year old serving on a Carrier, Pete.

Also still waiting for you to tell us if massive government spending increases is a big deal or not.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:44 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:04 pm This post is an admission that MD won’t debate serous topics; rather he prefers others to simply listen to his views.
Says the guy who runs away and hides, or quickly changes the subject, any time he's cornered into admitting he's full of it.

Still waiting for your CV, to prove you're more of an aviation expert than that 23 year old serving on a Carrier, Pete.

Also still waiting for you to tell us if massive government spending increases is a big deal or not.
If Petey ever offers anything honest and thoughtful, I'll address it, but the dishonesty just depresses me. Of course, that's his intent, so go head and keep batting that ball of yarn around...it's indeed entertaining.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:56 pm

If Petey ever offers anything honest and thoughtful, I'll address it, but the dishonesty just depresses me. Of course, that's his intent, so go head and keep batting that ball of yarn around...it's indeed entertaining.
Its so stupid. He came in here......to a lacrosse site, of all places....to mess with liberals. :lol: And even though he now knows that we've got just two or three of them here posting with any regularity, you think he'd find somewhere else to splash his little Petey feet in puddle. Or stop trolling and actually have conversations with people who are WAY to the right of him on multiple issues.

Nope. And of course, we all deal with trolls online. He's just so BAD at it, and doesn't understand that we're gonna be discussing these issues whether he's here or not.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:11 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:56 pm

Its so stupid. He came in here......to a lacrosse site, of all places....to mess with liberals. :lol: And even though he now knows that we've got just two or three of them here posting with any regularity, you think he'd find somewhere else to splash his little Petey feet in puddle. Or stop trolling and actually have conversations with people who are WAY to the right of him on multiple issues.

Nope. And of course, we all deal with trolls online. He's just so BAD at it, and doesn't understand that we're gonna be discussing these issues whether he's here or not.

Please educate the board where the Fanlax FLP (you’re one) disagree with any Democratic Party policies? I’ll take just one policy.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:04 am Please educate the board where the Fanlax FLP (you’re one) disagree with any Democratic Party policies? I’ll take just one policy.
Already done that, multiple times. It's no one's fault but your own that you're not paying attention because you're too busy trolling.

Did you notice that no one here is a fan of Biden? Pete? Or that we don't have a thread dedicated to worshipping a stupid politician like you do with your DeSantis?

Can't remember the last time anyone has said anything about K Harris. Can you?

Heck, I can't remember anyone complimenting any of Biden's policies.....in part, because he has so few.

But hey, don't let that stop you from playing your silly game of pretending that a bunch of lacrosse players and fans are OBVIOUSLY going to be a bunch of hardcore libs who think that Hillary is a stand up guy. :roll:

You do you, Pete.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:46 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:04 am Please educate the board where the Fanlax FLP (you’re one) disagree with any Democratic Party policies? I’ll take just one policy.
Already done that, multiple times. It's no one's fault but your own that you're not paying attention because you're too busy trolling.

Did you notice that no one here is a fan of Biden? Pete? Or that we don't have a thread dedicated to worshipping a stupid politician like you do with your DeSantis?

Can't remember the last time anyone has said anything about K Harris. Can you?

Heck, I can't remember anyone complimenting any of Biden's policies.....in part, because he has so few.

But hey, don't let that stop you from playing your silly game of pretending that a bunch of lacrosse players and fans are OBVIOUSLY going to be a bunch of hardcore libs who think that Hillary is a stand up guy. :roll:

You do you, Pete.

That’s a long post just to not list what was asked, one policy you disagree with Biden on.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:55 am That’s a long post just to not list what was asked, one policy you disagree with Biden on.
Oooh. That's tough. Last time I'll answer.

-his infrastructure bill wasn't even 10% of what we really need
-he hasn't eliminated the Trump Tax cuts (shocker)
-he hasn't demanded that we put Federal law on the books that guarantees access to abortion for 15 weeks
-he didn't continue Trump's Federal funding for agents to help major cities deal with gun violence
-he hasn't raised taxes to help curb long term inflation
-he hasn't worked hard enough to pivot essential production back to America

-and generally, just like the R's, Biden doesn't have a single plan that actually helps working class Americans compete in the 21st century.

Anything else?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:06 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:55 am That’s a long post just to not list what was asked, one policy you disagree with Biden on.

-he hasn't demanded that we put Federal law on the books that guarantees access to abortion for 15 weeks
-he didn't continue Trump's Federal funding for agents to help major cities deal with gun violence

-and generally, just like the R's, Biden doesn't have a single plan that actually helps working class Americans compete in the 21st century.

Anything else?

Soooooooo, your complaint with Biden is he’s not liberal enough?!

:lol: :lol:

I’m thinking you should’ve just not answered.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:09 pm

Anything else?
Oh, Pete. In what world is a single one of those things liberal? Every single one of those things is about 100 steps to the right of you and your sad, sad understanding of what a conservative is.

A conservative doesn't cut taxes when he's running a deficit in the trillions.

A conservative would rather shut down overseas military operations than neglect infrastructure.

A conservative would raise taxes and cut spending to get long term inflation under control

A conservative would ensure key manufacturing happens in the US

A conservative would enlist Federal resources to tackle Federal problems (gun violence in America)

Anything else, my socialist-educated friend?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:20 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:09 pm

Anything else?
Oh, Pete. In what world is a single one of those things liberal? Every single one of those things is about 100 steps to the right of you and your sad, sad understanding of what a conservative is.

A conservative doesn't cut taxes when he's running a deficit in the trillions.

A conservative would rather shut down overseas military operations than neglect infrastructure.

A conservative would raise taxes and cut spending to get long term inflation under control

A conservative would ensure key manufacturing happens in the US

A conservative would enlist Federal resources to tackle Federal problems (gun violence in America)

Anything else, my socialist-educated friend?

Uhhhhh, didn’t you just say Biden didn’t get 10% of what he needed for spending?

I might not have been born yesterday, but that strikes as being AOC-like.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:40 pm
Uhhhhh, didn’t you just say Biden didn’t get 10% of what he needed for spending?

I might not have been born yesterday, but that strikes as being AOC-like
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So now you're going to pretend that infrastructure spending is bad, and isn't a conservative position, Pete?

Neat. Let me know when you push DeSantis to stop paying for Florida roads and bridges and potholes, Pete...and then I'll believe you.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:44 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:40 pm

I might not have been born yesterday, but that strikes as being AOC-like
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So now you're going to pretend that infrastructure spending is bad, and isn't a conservative position, Pete?

Neat. Let me know when you push DeSantis to stop paying for Florida roads and bridges and potholes, Pete...and then I'll believe you.

So, it’s binary, either we spend 900% more on ‘infrastructure’ (to be defined at a later date but let’s agree that somehow the DNC and planned parenthood end up as recipients), or you’re not a conservative!!! Cool.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:46 pm So, it’s binary, either we spend 900% more on ‘infrastructure’ (to be defined at a later date but let’s agree that somehow the DNC and planned parenthood end up as recipients), or you’re not a conservative!!! Cool.
Nope. Bush and Trump had their chances to pass whatever infrastructure bill they like, my man. Biden actually got it done.

I would have been thrilled if Trump got off his *ss, and passed one. He didn't. Instead? Fat tax cuts for the rich. Which you, naturally, are behind.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:08 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:46 pm So, it’s binary, either we spend 900% more on ‘infrastructure’ (to be defined at a later date but let’s agree that somehow the DNC and planned parenthood end up as recipients), or you’re not a conservative!!! Cool.
Nope. Bush and Trump had their chances to pass whatever infrastructure bill they like, my man. Biden actually got it done.

I would have been thrilled if Trump got off his *ss, and passed one. He didn't. Instead? Fat tax cuts for the rich. Which you, naturally, are behind.

Why would Trump have needed an extra infrastructure bill beyond what gets spent normally, when the economy was doing so great without it?

Return to “POLITICS”