Transfer Portal

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Lax101

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by Lax101 »

user1020 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:18 pm Anyone know why Schettig hasn’t seen much playing time at Notre Dame?
I know it is all injury related. She should be good to go this year and can help the Irish.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

The whole Schettig situation just smells like an eventual transfer.. ND is not good. and something tells me she'll be bound for one of the top for by the end of next year.
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

ND is not good? They aren't a great lacrosse team, but they are good, or maybe "solid" is a better word?

Maybe Schetigg transferred to ND for a number of reasons that are still applicable, education, environment etc.. I would imagine lacrosse is still very important to her, but she may have other interests that are just as important. Hopefully if she has been injured she has a full recovery.

Not every college athlete needs to be competing for a national championship to be a success.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Kleizaster wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:32 am The whole Schettig situation just smells like an eventual transfer.. ND is not good. and something tells me she'll be bound for one of the top for by the end of next year.
I think she has just been injured and, although I have no idea, I am pretty doubtful she will be transferring. It is academically a good school, and she has attended it for two years now, right? And I'm no fan of UND, but to describe Notre Dame as "not good" seems, well, wrong. They're a good team that should, in the view of a lot of folks, be better. If you redefine "good" as at least top 8 or 9, well, then Notre Dame might not be "good."
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:33 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:32 am The whole Schettig situation just smells like an eventual transfer.. ND is not good. and something tells me she'll be bound for one of the top for by the end of next year.
I think she has just been injured and, although I have no idea, I am pretty doubtful she will be transferring. It is academically a good school, and she has attended it for two years now, right? And I'm no fan of UND, but to describe Notre Dame as "not good" seems, well, wrong. They're a good team that should, in the view of a lot of folks, be better. If you redefine "good" as at least top 8 or 9, well, then Notre Dame might not be "good."

You're being magnanimous. ND is an underachiever and I'm being kind. They finished ranked 17th in one poll and 20th in another. Their record in the 22 season was an underwhelming 9-10. No team with that record should be ranked in a top anything. They get talented players, so I don't know what the problem is.
HailMaryPass

Post by HailMaryPass »

Madison Doucette from Northwestern in transfer portal.

https://twitter.com/ILWomen/status/1542 ... 1c9IUYexvg
DMac

Post by DMac »

Welcome to Cuse, Madison.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

DMac wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:02 am Welcome to Cuse, Madison.
Yea, c’mon over!!!
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:03 am
DMac wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:02 am Welcome to Cuse, Madison.
Yea, c’mon over!!!
I immediately thought of you two when I saw the news :lol:
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

No one is talking about it but Clemson has some very nice pickups in this transfer window. This tells me Clemson is an attractive destination and they'll be competitve fast.
UO22

Post by UO22 »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:04 pm No one is talking about it but Clemson has some very nice pickups in this transfer window. This tells me Clemson is an attractive destination and they'll be competitve fast.
Agree that they will be competitive fast. They have fantastic facilities. All depends on what the student athlete is looking for.. IMO it does not possess the academic cache as a lot of high profile women's programs.
harflax

Post by harflax »

Clemson had an excellent 23 class in the state of Maryland. Arguably the best of any school. They beat out The Terps for the Byrne twins. Clemson is going to be a factor in a couple of years
user1020

Post by user1020 »

harflax wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:05 pm Clemson had an excellent 23 class in the state of Maryland. Arguably the best of any school. They beat out The Terps for the Byrne twins. Clemson is going to be a factor in a couple of years
Lots of Maryland girls head south without playing sports so playing lacrosse just adds another attraction for Clemson
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

harflax wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:05 pm Clemson had an excellent 23 class in the state of Maryland. Arguably the best of any school. They beat out The Terps for the Byrne twins. Clemson is going to be a factor in a couple of years
I’m getting UF inaugural class deja vu
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

UO22 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:17 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:04 pm No one is talking about it but Clemson has some very nice pickups in this transfer window. This tells me Clemson is an attractive destination and they'll be competitve fast.
Agree that they will be competitive fast. They have fantastic facilities. All depends on what the student athlete is looking for.. IMO it does not possess the academic cache as a lot of high profile women's programs.
I wonder if quick success will make South Carolina take another look at adding women’s varsity lacrosse. They announced the addition of a program in the mid-2000s (somewhere between 2005-07 I think?) but nothing ever came of it. If anyone has the back story to that I’m interested in hearing it. Of course it would have to make sense financially as well, but I’d think success at Clemson + growth of the game in South Carolina at the youth and HS levels due in part to Clemson’s varsity program would help as well
UO22

Post by UO22 »

The best player in their class is Shurtleff. She is a dynamic player with a great work ethic. The Terps only offered 1 of the Byrne's. Nonetheless, Clemson is going to be a national player.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

UO22 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:27 pm
The best player in their class is Shurtleff. She is a dynamic player with a great work ethic. The Terps only offered 1 of the Byrne's. Nonetheless, Clemson is going to be a national player.
I don't think they'll be competing for championships any time soon..but they'll def be a high level mid-tier team like UF or Stanford in a few years. It's really hard to compete at the level of UNC BC MD and NW. you gotta beat them to join the club. That's not even including other excellent programs like stonybrook or JMU that they gotta surpass first just to name a few.
laxstan8

Post by laxstan8 »

Ella Little from UNC transfers to Clemson.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Clemson is a very hot destination right now
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:21 pm
UO22 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:27 pm
I don't think they'll be competing for championships any time soon..but they'll def be a high level mid-tier team like UF or Stanford in a few years. It's really hard to compete at the level of UNC BC MD and NW. you gotta beat them to join the club. That's not even including other excellent programs like stonybrook or JMU that they gotta surpass first just to name a few.
I agree, but I think they’ll be a consistent 10-20 team very quickly

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”