Conservatives and Liberals

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Conservatives and Liberals

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:41 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:18 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:11 pm Just strange what the mayor did in NYC. The theatrics is embarrassing and purely wasteful. https://twitter.com/Fabien_Levy/status/ ... afdp7IJz3A
Kind of agree; donate to farm kids in the midwest? But this is context-free Twitter: Do we have any idea about what was so bad about these bikes from the City's perspective?
That'll teach em... :roll: What a tool he is.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4037 ... %20Twitter.

Thanks. I get that they are illegal — and the dirt bikes are an absolute menace on city streets — but you’d think we could come up with a better (and yes, less performative) response.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Today....July 1st in American History

159 years ago the Battle of Gettysburg commenced ending after three days with over 53,000 casualties.

In 2022

Cornell removed a bust of Abraham Lincoln and a plaque of the Gettysburg Address from the library after a "complaint"

A group of Texas educators have proposed to the Texas State Board of Education that slavery should be taught as “involuntary relocation” during second grade social studies instruction.

Dumb and dumber. :oops:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Kismet wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:55 am Today....July 1st in American History

159 years ago the Battle of Gettysburg commenced ending after three days with over 53,000 casualties.

In 2022

Cornell removed a bust of Abraham Lincoln and a plaque of the Gettysburg Address from the library after a "complaint"

A group of Texas educators have proposed to the Texas State Board of Education that slavery should be taught as “involuntary relocation” during second grade social studies instruction.

Like the Catholic church, start the inculcation early.

‘ A group of Texas educators have proposed to the Texas State Board of Education that slavery should be taught as “involuntary relocation” during second grade social studies instruction.‘
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:06 am
Kismet wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:55 am Today....July 1st in American History

In 2022

Like the Catholic church, start the inculcation early.

‘ A group of Texas educators have proposed to the Texas State Board of Education that slavery should be taught as “involuntary relocation” during second grade social studies instruction.‘

The start of the greatest four day celebration weekend in the year, July 4!!!! 🇺🇸 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

I realize not every American loves this great country, which is too bad, but many do. I believe MD recently stated here that when he thinks of Gettysburg, he doesn’t see American beauty but rather he sees slavery. I’m not 100% sure of my paraphrasing but it was something along those lines.

When I see Gettysburg, first I see amazing natural beauty. Then I think of thousands of Americans from both sides who fought for what they thought was right. I don’t assail dirt-poor Rebs from the mid-1800’s, who barely knew how to write let alone externalize complex political philosophy. Everyone gave it their all. Many perished. Out of that came a stronger America, one all of you are blessed to live in today.

I realize the lib way is to hang the weight of history and forefathers around the necks of people today and forever, but that mentality isn’t what makes America strong, it’s what makes it weak. And slowly but surely, we are eradicating the lib cancer from the American body politic.

July 4, baby; here we come!!!!! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Yeah man, they left it all out in the field, Bro.

Big Stupid energy today.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:25 am
When I see Gettysburg, first I see amazing natural beauty. Then I think of thousands of Americans from both sides who fought for what they thought was right. I don’t assail dirt-poor Rebs from the mid-1800’s, who barely knew how to write let alone externalize complex political philosophy. Everyone gave it their all. Many perished. Out of that came a stronger America, one all of you are blessed to live in today.
:lol: And what if the South won, Pete? You make it sound like it was a friendly dispute over their favorite football team.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:41 pm
:lol: And what if the South won, Pete? You make it sound like it was a friendly dispute over their favorite football team.
Good people on both sides.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:48 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:41 pm
Good people on both sides.

There were good people on both sides. In every war, every conflict, you’ll find humanity no matter the side.

You guys can’t admit that because you want everyone to be a racist, or todays performative term of the day, ‘fascist’ (meanwhile you wouldn’t know a real fascist if they French-kissed you :lol: ).

It’s such a bizarre cult, todays Qanon left, everything cut perfectly to black and white with no grey.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:06 pm
There were good people on both sides. In every war, every conflict, you’ll find humanity no matter the side.
Of course there were. I'm sure there were plenty of people fought for the South that hated slavery.

You still don't have an answer: what would have happened if the South won, Pete?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:08 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:06 pm
Of course there were. I'm sure there were plenty of people fought for the South that hated slavery.

You still don't have an answer: what would have happened if the South won, Pete?

If the south had won, its an interesting hypothetical, but firstly, I don’t think the country would have nearly as many elitist, lib, know-it-all, loudmouth northerners. :lol: :lol:

I guess we’d be right where we are today; our founding documents, the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights would have persevered. I doubt that we’d be very different than who we are today.

People and societies evolve.

Outside of places in Africa, slavery doesn’t exist anywhere in the world. In case what you think would be going on .
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:15 pm I guess we’d be right where we are today; our founding documents, the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights would have persevered. I doubt that we’d be very different than who we are today.
:lol: What are you talking about? The Constitution would be scrapped.

And slavery would still be in existence, with no deadline for when it would end.

You can't tell me when slavery would have ended.

And what about segregation, Pete? Remember: the Constitution wouldn't exist anymore. Replaced by whatever the F the racist a**holes would have written up....assuming they could read and write.

But by all means, shrug it off, and pretend like a magic bunny would have made the New South anything like what we have today.

No USConstitution, Pete, because they United States would be gone. Get it? You're SUPPOSED to think that would be a bad thing, Pete.

These people were traitors, Pete. It's nuts that people in 2022 don't get that.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:37 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:15 pm I guess we’d be right where we are today; our founding documents, the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights would have persevered. I doubt that we’d be very different than who we are today.
:lol: What are you talking about? The Constitution would be scrapped.

And slavery would still be in existence, with no deadline for when it would end.

You can't tell me when slavery would have ended.

And what about segregation, Pete? Remember: the Constitution wouldn't exist anymore. Replaced by whatever the F the racist a**holes would have written up....assuming they could read and write.

But by all means, shrug it off, and pretend like a magic bunny would have made the New South anything like what we have today.

No USConstitution, Pete, because they United States would be gone. Get it? You're SUPPOSED to think that would be a bad thing, Pete.

These people were traitors, Pete. It's nuts that people in 2022 don't get that.

In your hypothetical, those ‘traitors’ would be the, what, President? For four whole years before we started with the electoral college again? Why secede when you win? Why not conquer?

Also, you missed the part where I said slavery doesn’t exist anywhere in todays world with the exception of Africa. But to your fevered brain, we’d still be enslaving folks, even though no one else does. Interesting.

Do you think farming technology would have permanently ground to a halt? That no more insurrections would have occurred? That millions of John Browns wouldn’t materialize?

For all you also don’t know, this country might actually have turned out even better. Maybe a second civil war wound have truly washed away the stains of time.

That’s the thing about hypotheticals…we just don’t know.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:47 pm
In your hypothetical, those ‘traitors’ would be the, what, President? For four whole years before we started with the electoral college again? Why secede when you win? Why not conquer?
Pete. SMH, you're really on fire today.

Pete: for heavens sake....if the South won, they'd dissolve the Constitution. The South was fighting to dissolve the Union, Pete.

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:47 pm Also, you missed the part where I said slavery doesn’t exist anywhere in todays world with the exception of Africa. But to your fevered brain, we’d still be enslaving folks, even though no one else does.
Pete. Just.....wow.

That's not what I said. What I said was: tell us when slavery would have ended? You can't. It sure as sh*t wouldn't be just a few years after the South won the doggone war. And then picture rights for Black Americans with no Constitution, Pete. Picture Kennedy not being able to send Federal troops down to help kids attend school because (I can't believe I have to tell you this) The Constitution no longer exists.

Use your head. Or at least tell me you think the Constitution was stupid, and who cares if it was gone. :roll:

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:47 pm For all you also don’t know, this country might actually have turned out even better.
:lol: Best post you've ever made. If the South won, slavery was preserved for at least another generation, and the Constitution was scrapped, and Pete thinks that America might be better off after that? THAT's your answer to this question, PETE?

Neat. Enjoy your weekend. Maybe someone can explain to you how important our Constitution is to your fellow Americans is while the fireworks are goin' full steam.....
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:02 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:47 pm
Pete. SMH, you're really on fire today.

Pete: for heavens sake....if the South won, they'd dissolve the Constitution. The South was fighting to dissolve the Union, Pete.

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:47 pm Also, you missed the part where I said slavery doesn’t exist anywhere in todays world with the exception of Africa. But to your fevered brain, we’d still be enslaving folks, even though no one else does.
Pete. Just.....wow.

That's not what I said. What I said was: tell us when slavery would have ended? You can't. It sure as sh*t wouldn't be just a few years after the South won the doggone war. And then picture rights for Black Americans with no Constitution, Pete. Picture Kennedy not being able to send Federal troops down to help kids attend school because (I can't believe I have to tell you this) The Constitution no longer exists.

Use your head. Or at least tell me you think the Constitution was stupid, and who cares if it was gone. :roll:

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:47 pm For all you also don’t know, this country might actually have turned out even better.
:lol: Best post you've ever made. If the South won, slavery was preserved for at least another generation, and the Constitution was scrapped, and Pete thinks that America might be better off after that? THAT's your answer to this question, PETE?

Neat. Enjoy your weekend. Maybe someone can explain to you how important our Constitution is to your fellow Americans is while the fireworks are goin' full steam.....

It’s you who are missing the points. Hypotheticals and a few $$ will buy you a coffee. Hypotheticals aren’t science. The real answer is, who knows!

I don’t know. And I’m willing to admit that.

You also don’t know but you’re not willing to admit that. In fact you double down on your cocksure confidence. This explains the fundamental difference between us.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:17 pm It’s you who are missing the points. Hypotheticals and a few $$ will buy you a coffee. Hypotheticals aren’t science. The real answer is, who knows!
:lol: Right. The South is going to end slavery right after the Civil War. And they're gonna keep the Constitution , even though they hated the outcome of that document so much, that they were willing to die to get rid of it.

I was trying to help you to understand why the Southern rebels were fighting for an inherently bad cause, Pete.

But as usual for you, thinking is hard....and like so many thoughtless Americans, want to pretend like the Civil War was a game, with no outcomes.

But sure, Pete. There was also a swell chance that Hitler would have adopted the US Constitution if Germany won that war. :roll:

Enjoy your mindless fake patriotism, Pete.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:30 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:17 pm It’s you who are missing the points. Hypotheticals and a few $$ will buy you a coffee. Hypotheticals aren’t science. The real answer is, who knows!
:lol: Right. The South is going to end slavery right after the Civil War. And they're gonna keep the Constitution , even though they hated the outcome of that document so much, that they were willing to die to get rid of it.

I was trying to help you to understand why the Southern rebels were fighting for an inherently bad cause, Pete.

But as usual for you, thinking is hard....and like so many thoughtless Americans, want to pretend like the Civil War was a game, with no outcomes.

But sure, Pete. There was also a swell chance that Hitler would have adopted the US Constitution if Germany won that war. :roll:

Enjoy your mindless fake patriotism, Pete.

‘fake patriotism’

Again with the bizarre assumptions and insults. :lol: :lol:

You know I don’t do that to you, right?

I’m hosting a party tomorrow at 2 pm for about 30 friends. I won’t tell them you think we are all ‘fake patriots’…some blue collar boys, fishing captains etc.

You’re all invited!
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:48 pmAgain with the bizarre assumptions and insults. :lol: :lol:

You know I don’t do that to you, right?
Uh huh. Some other guy keeps calling posters here libs and dems...when they're not.

And some other guy tried to insult me by telling me I didn't get Aquinas.

As for "fake patriotism". Yep. That's you. Who else would smugly call people who think and act exactly like you "real Americans".

That's right...a fake patriot. Someone who thinks that you're free to think, act, and look exactly like him. And if you don't do that? Well, naturally, he calls you a "fake American".
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

https://www.insider.com/wisconsin-schoo ... wii-2022-6

We shouldn't learn about things that might upset the idea that we always, always, always got it right the first time, right?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:37 am https://www.insider.com/wisconsin-schoo ... wii-2022-6

We shouldn't learn about things that might upset the idea that we always, always, always got it right the first time, right?
Very much in line with what these folks want to do, white-wash history...only one perspective allowed to be part of the curriculum.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:06 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:37 am https://www.insider.com/wisconsin-schoo ... wii-2022-6

Very much in line with what these folks want to do, white-wash history...only one perspective allowed to be part of the curriculum.
Wait for these folks to get a hold of the State University Systems' boards of trustees. Just teach Palinesque notions of "American Exceptionalism"?

Return to “POLITICS”