January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:17 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:52 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:59 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:39 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:53 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:16 pm
ggait wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:07 pm
And that it will certainly be a circus, and a disaster if they fail.
Yup. If you come for the king, best not miss.

Which means 12-0, beyond a reasonable doubt. Even with videotape of the 5th Avenue shooting, hard to get that.
cult
Yes, a cult. But Trump isn't handing out laced Kool-Aid so the cult will live on.

Trumpnista aren't buying any of this. I happened to look at last night's FoxNews home page. The Hutchinson testimony was story #6. Right now the story is #20 and here's the headline: "Bombshell claims in Jan. 6 testimony disputed by ex_Trump officials, sources say."

They live in an alternative universe.
You don’t think that Democrats who hyperventilate about every ultimately-disproven Trump allegation don’t also live in an alternative universe?
MSNBC & their WP guests are now sliming the 2 secret service members Hutchinson cited who reportedly disagree & want to testify.
... I have not seen either MSNBC or WaPo reporters engage in this behavior. When and who?
Andrea Mitchell -- Phil Rucker & Carol Leoing clip from last night's Rachel Maddow.

Leonig -- ' ...very, very close to Trump, some people accuse them of, at times, being enablers & yes men...very much people who wanted to do what he wanted & see him pleased."

Mitchell -- " ...only secret service agent who got very close to the Pres, then promoted to a political role of Dep CoS.
...it was his leadership of the sec svc unit which lead Pence to be very careful not to want to get in the limo to evacuate because he did not trust some of the higher ups.

Rucker -- " he became so close to Trump & so trusted by Trump elevated him into a political appt. He was a political figure who worked under Meadows & oversaw all of the President's movements ...like you say, he's a very political figure & a real fierce Trump loyalist, it's important to keep that in mind regarding Pence's refusal to leave the Capitol on Jan 6."
... I saw Leonig, I would not characterize as "sliming". It was reporting something that the SS did not want reported, understandably. It also appears in her book (on the SS) written prior to Hutchinson testimony. Leonig seems to confirm Mitchell. Leonig seems to confirm Rucker.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Further to the discussion of whether to, and the risks of, prosecuting the former President:

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/ ... ol-attack/

Snippets:

"I think we’re beyond John Dean territory. I don’t want to minimize Nixon’s offenses, and I don’t want to call them garden-variety. But basically, it was about the cover-up of an illegal break-in and the use of bribery to keep people silent, and then lying about it. This is a different story because when you put the whole story together here, all the pieces that we have, it does increasingly look like an attempted coup d’état. In some sense, it was a poorly organized and very incomplete attempt, but it was an attempt to alter the transfer of power from one presidential administration to another."

There is a political risk in charging the former president because we don’t know how it will come out. It will surely help to mobilize his base, and there would be harsh partisan rhetoric around it. Democrats will be blamed for doing something that was extremely positive.

On the other hand, and I think this is something that Tuesday’s hearing just brought home or put in Technicolor, is what would it mean to let somebody who engaged in those activities escape any sanction or even attempted sanction? Especially as somebody who is actively considering trying to become president again. So, in my mind, the risk of not taking legal action for the health of the republic is greater than the risk of taking action."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:19 am
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:21 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:35 pm

Which means 12-0, beyond a reasonable doubt. Even with videotape of the 5th Avenue shooting, hard to get that.
cult
Yes, a cult. But Trump isn't handing out laced Kool-Aid so the cult will live on.

Trumpnista aren't buying any of this. I happened to look at last night's FoxNews home page. The Hutchinson testimony was story #6. Right now the story is #20 and here's the headline: "Bombshell claims in Jan. 6 testimony disputed by ex_Trump officials, sources say."

You don’t think that Democrats who hyperventilate about every ultimately-disproven Trump allegation don’t also live in an alternative universe?
MSNBC & their WP guests are now sliming the 2 secret service members Hutchinson cited who reportedly disagree & want to testify.
Update on the FoxNews home page: Hutchinson story now back to #6 and headline revised:
“BOMBSHELL BLINDSIDE: Secret Service says hearing claim Trump lunged at agent wasn’t run by them.”

Awww, their feelings are hurt. A far cry from a denial.

Here’s the BS Fox is counting on: “However, a source close to Ornato told Fox News that he watched the hearing yesterday and was shocked when Hutchinson made the allegation about the steering wheel.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/secret ... ging-agent
It was a MSNBC reporter's tweet which was the first flare in the air about the 2 agents disputing her claim & wanting to testify.
https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/stat ... gr%5Etweet

Those Secret Service agents were "yes men & enablers", but they wouldn't take down the mag detectors, let more people into the tv shot, take Trump to the Capitol or commandeer Pence & haul him away. Some yes men ?
“Wanting to testify”?

Put up or shut up. Do or don’t. Until they testify under oath it is noise.

Maybe they should “woman” up like Cassidy.
... when Cheney raised the questioning of this event, wanting to dig into Hutchinson's recollection, I recall wondering why at the time. Hardly seemed worth anyone's time. Second hand story that really adds little or nothing to her overall testimony. Now that this has blown up, I suspect Cheney and the committee were going for this reaction so as to get the SS agents to appear. The committee has other corroborating information / sources - probably 2nd hand, probably other SS individual(s). The committee will turn what was 2nd hand information into first hand information while inviting perjury.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:42 am Further to the discussion of whether to, and the risks of, prosecuting the former President:

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/ ... ol-attack/

Snippets:

"I think we’re beyond John Dean territory. I don’t want to minimize Nixon’s offenses, and I don’t want to call them garden-variety. But basically, it was about the cover-up of an illegal break-in and the use of bribery to keep people silent, and then lying about it. This is a different story because when you put the whole story together here, all the pieces that we have, it does increasingly look like an attempted coup d’état. In some sense, it was a poorly organized and very incomplete attempt, but it was an attempt to alter the transfer of power from one presidential administration to another."

There is a political risk in charging the former president because we don’t know how it will come out. It will surely help to mobilize his base, and there would be harsh partisan rhetoric around it. Democrats will be blamed for doing something that was extremely positive.

On the other hand, and I think this is something that Tuesday’s hearing just brought home or put in Technicolor, is what would it mean to let somebody who engaged in those activities escape any sanction or even attempted sanction? Especially as somebody who is actively considering trying to become president again. So, in my mind, the risk of not taking legal action for the health of the republic is greater than the risk of taking action."
+1
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:50 am

cult

Update on the FoxNews home page: Hutchinson story now back to #6 and headline revised:
“BOMBSHELL BLINDSIDE: Secret Service says hearing claim Trump lunged at agent wasn’t run by them.”

Here’s the BS Fox is counting on: “However, a source close to Ornato told Fox News that he watched the hearing yesterday and was shocked when Hutchinson made the allegation about the steering wheel.”

It was a MSNBC reporter's tweet which was the first flare in the air about the 2 agents disputing her claim & wanting to testify.

Those Secret Service agents were "yes men & enablers", but they wouldn't take down the mag detectors, let more people into the tv shot, take Trump to the Capitol or commandeer Pence & haul him away. Some yes men ?
“Wanting to testify”?

... when Cheney raised the questioning of this event, wanting to dig into Hutchinson's recollection, I recall wondering why at the time. Hardly seemed worth anyone's time. Second hand story that really adds little or nothing to her overall testimony. Now that this has blown up, I suspect Cheney and the committee were going for this reaction so as to get the SS agents to appear. The committee has other corroborating information / sources - probably 2nd hand, probably other SS individual(s). The committee will turn what was 2nd hand information into first hand information while inviting perjury.
Will trick them into lying.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:17 am

cult

“Wanting to testify”?

:lol: ... or telling the truth.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:17 amWill trick them into lying.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRICK trump or a trumplethinskin MAGAt into lying??

Sprayed coffee all over my monitor on that one...

These maroons lie like they breath. Trump made that just fine...it's an integral part of his psyche...

"Alternative Facts, Power of Positive Thinking", and all that rot.

...tricked into lying....phew, that was funny...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:21 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:17 am

cult

“Wanting to testify”?

:lol: ... or telling the truth.
I, too, get a chuckle, though with a fair degree of heartburn chaser, each time Salty says something like this: "trick them into lying" or defending Flynn because he committed perjury on a serious issue, as well as apparently lied directly to the VP on the same topic.

Trying to deceive, trying to withhold, trying to cover-up, taking the 5th, claiming "executive privilege", refusing to testify, and we get "trick them into lying".

But hey, let's dismiss those who answer fully and unreservedly under oath.

On the "slimed", so predictable as well. We have her testimony under oath that she was told this story by these Ornato, a political appointee, in the period immediately following the event. with Engle in attendance, not disputing. She describes their demeanor and the story they told her, not claiming that she knew such story itself to be 100% accurate, simply that she was told this contemporaneously. The physical aspects of the story may seem shocking, but far from what is actually critically important in what happened.

Apparently, but not yet under oath, these two men are disputing whether the event actually turned physical, an "assault", rather than any dispute that Trump was angry, "irate", and demanding that they drive him to the Capitol with the crowd. Nor dispute that Trump knew the crowd was armed (illegal in DC), didn't want the Secret Service to remove their arms, and wanted the armed crowd to march to the Capitol with him to prevent the counting of the votes. No dispute.

They are also, we hear, disputing whether they actually told that "story" to Cassidy...but what did they tell her? Are they saying they didn't tell her anything, didn't talk to her?

Again, not under oath...so, why are they putting out signals that her testimony is not 100% accurate? We know why Trump supporters will want to throw shade at Cassidy and will grab onto anything to discredit her testimony, because it was so overwhelmingly damning and consequential.

Who are these two, what are their allegiances, what communications have happened with them from Trumpworld about this? These are reasonable questions and who do you ask, first? The reporter who has written a book on the Secret Service and how it works. Who has closely reported on the White House and its inner workings. So, IMO, fair discussion proceeded. Likewise, the noting that the VP himself was concerned about what would happen if he allowed the SS to take him away from the Capitol, that he would lose his control over being able to follow through on his duties (exactly what Trump wanted). Pence, reportedly, did not trust the situation, and Ornato was fundamentally in control of that situation if he got in. Pence would certainly be in a position to know that this was a legitimate concern about the loyalties.

Why did the SS refuse to allow weapons into the area, refuse to take down the mags? If that's not obvious, I dunno what to say to cult apologists. It takes only one anti-Trumper to kill the President. Letting thousands of armed people, shouting, get close to Trump? no way Why did Ornato and Engle not do what Trump ordered? Because they knew they did not, could not, have the situation, the route, sufficiently under control to not have that be a major disaster...they also would have know of Cippolone's warnings...But let's hear their testimony, under oath, on that...

My own hunch is that Cassidy wasn't encouraged/allowed to tell this hearsay part of her testimony without serious consideration of whether it would hold up. I think this was a bit of 'rope a dope', they expected this challenge, invited it, and know that they really have the goods, at least for the most essential aspects.

I think they will have confirmatory evidence that Trump was outraged, furious, and the differences will only be about how different people characterize his actions, whether anyone actually felt threatened physically...Cassidy didn't say they felt such, just that this was the story they told her. I predict they will testify under oath that Trump was angry but will try to play down just how furious he was and whether he was physical...

And they'll have lots of confirmation of other events at which Trump grew angry and was physical, ala the table cloth, plate thrown, etc. The pattern will be confirmed.

Most importantly, it will be clear that Trump knew the crowd was armed and wanted that armed crowd to go to the Capitol to stop the count and that he wanted to lead them in doing so...they will have detailed discussion of the SS and police knowledge in real time about those weapons, both collected and spotted, and they will also have chatter about trying to find a way to comply with Trump's desire to lead the crowd...and chatter from some SS agents supporting the angry, armed crowd rather than restraining them, albeit not as a group deciding to let them come close to Trump himself.

They'll be able to ask these questions directly, with them under oath, and be able to press these points in ways they could not have as successfully done some weeks ago...and these guys will know that the Committee has access to other confirming evidence. They'll try to dance, but the key points will get confirmed under oath.
old salt

Post by old salt »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:29 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:17 amWill trick them into lying.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRICK trump or a trumplethinskin MAGAt into lying??

Sprayed coffee all over my monitor on that one...

These maroons lie like they breath. Trump made that just fine...it's an integral part of his psyche...

"Alternative Facts, Power of Positive Thinking", and all that rot.

...tricked into lying....phew, that was funny...
...better to go with the "some people say" sourcing that the WP uses.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

The Fanlax FLP call the guy below ‘MAGA Tony’ and ‘political. Skipping past the obvious that Ornato has literally put his life on the line nearly every day for multiple presidents including Obama (interesting choice for a MAGA guy), while the FLP ummmmmmm haven’t, please look at his resume and be the judge:

Anthony M. Ornato,
Office of Training

Anthony M. Ornato is the Assistant Director of the Office of Training within the United States Secret Service (USSS). In this role, he is responsible for the oversight, administration, policies, and forecasting of required training and professional development for all Secret Service personnel.

Mr. Ornato has nearly three decades of operational security and law enforcement experience, ranging from senior leadership roles in the Executive Branch to serving as a police officer in Waterbury, CT. He has served in a variety of roles within the United States Secret Service since joining in 1997, including the Presidential Protective Division, Protective Operations, Criminal Investigations, and as a Special Agent.

Prior to joining the Office of Training, he served as an Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations at the White House, where he was detailed from the Secret Service. During his tenure, he was responsible for all aspects of security, travel, information technology, military operations, scheduling and operational logistics required in support of the President. Additionally, he managed an unclassified budget of approximately $800 million and led more than 5,000 personnel who provided management and administration services, personnel and human resources, financial oversight, medical support, and the Residence staff who support both the president and the Executive Office of the President complex. In addition, Mr. Ornato oversaw several offices within the White House, to include the Presidential Airlift Group (Air Force One); the Presidential Marine Helicopter Squadron (Marine One); Camp David; the White House Communications Agency; and Presidential Continuity Policy, Plans and Requirements.

Before joining the White House in 2019, he served as the Deputy Assistant Director of the Office of Investigations, where he was responsible for all policies, strategy, training, and investigative implementation at the National Computer Forensics Institute. Previously, he served in the Presidential Protective Division (PPD) during the George W. Bush, Barack Obama and Donald J. Trump administrations. In his role as Special Agent in Charge, Mr. Ornato directed all PPD operational strategies, protocols, planning and methodology for all aspects of protective requirements for the President and First Family. Prior to assuming the office, Mr. Ornato served as the Deputy Special Agent in Charge of PPD, supervising the White House Security Branch which included physical protection of all events on the White House Complex. Throughout his career in the Secret Service, Mr. Ornato has also held several leadership roles, including the New York Field Office, where he was responsible for all aspects protective operations, including the U.N. General Assembly for three consecutive years.

He earned a B.S. in criminal justice and an M.S. in forensic science, both from the University of New Haven, as well as a Master of Liberal Studies in Administrative Leadership from the University of Oklahoma. Additionally, Mr. Ornato holds a certificate in Executive Leadership from American University and completed professional development from the Harvard Kennedy School relating to General & Flag Officers Homeland Security Crisis Leadership. In 2021, he was awarded the Department of Defense Medal for Distinguished Public Service.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:39 am
I, too, get a chuckle, though with a fair degree of heartburn chaser, each time Salty says something like this: "trick them into lying" or defending Flynn because he committed perjury on a serious issue, as well as apparently lied directly to the VP on the same topic.

Trying to deceive, trying to withhold, trying to cover-up, taking the 5th, claiming "executive privilege", refusing to testify, and we get "trick them into lying".
Show us the words where I said anything like that about the Secret Service Agents.
It makes me chuckle when you project & make up fake quotes to attribute to others.
Were the agents not already questioned by this kangaroo court ?
NBC & CBS reported they deny Hutchinson's version of what happened.

What's the basis for attributing Pence's motivation to staying in the Capitol to a mistrust of the Secret Service ?
More "some people say" reporting ? Maybe Pence was determined to finish his duty to certify the result.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

old salt wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:13 am

Show us the words where I said anything like that about the Secret Service Agents.
It makes me chuckle when you project & make up fake quotes to attribute to others.

What's the basis for attributing Pence's motivation to staying in the Capitol to a mistrust of the Secret Service ?
More "some people say" reporting ? Maybe Pence was determined to finish his duty to certify the result.

Point of privilege here; I rarely like to post without addressing the actual thread. So please excuse me. But I wanted to reply.

Certain posters, and we know who they are, continually play this dishonest game of inventing words and thoughts to ascribe to others. It happens here nearly every day.

What I can say for sure is the persons who never do this tend to be the independent thinkers here…they don’t need to invent words and thoughts to ascribe to others because they have the capacity to put forth and defend their own ideas. The opposite is true for those that invent words and thoughts to ascribe to others.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:13 am

Yikes, I misread that as you saying that above! Apologies for that error.

But, yeah, you've had that theme again and again, so I see where the joke in the exchange came from.

No, they weren't asked about this story, this event, nor did they volunteer anything about it. The questioning was prior to hearing Cassidy's testimony.

The reporting on their disputing the story is hazy, and apparently not disputing the essential elements, as I described in detail. Let's see what they say under oath, and under examination, knowing that there's other confirmatory evidence..I expect some dancing, but grudging testimony that Trump was angry and insistent, but they refused (persuaded him); they'll try to be loyal to him, but the basic truth will be confirmed. But let's see them under oath, on these questions....and more importantly on Trump's understanding that the crowd was armed, his desire that they not be disarmed, and his intent to lead the armed crowd to the Capitol to stop the count.

Sure, Pence was insistent on staying to finish his duty, yes that was his motivation; but he thought getting in the car might prevent that from happening...there's been reporting and testimony (under oath) that he said very specific things about "I trust you, Tim"(his detail man)...but...and refused to get in the car to be taken to a more 'safe' location. He prevailed in that refusal.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:08 am The Fanlax FLP call the guy below ‘MAGA Tony’ and ‘political. Skipping past the obvious that Ornato has literally put his life on the line nearly every day for multiple presidents including Obama (interesting choice for a MAGA guy), while the FLP ummmmmmm haven’t, please look at his resume and be the judge:

Anthony M. Ornato,
Office of Training

Anthony M. Ornato is the Assistant Director of the Office of Training within the United States Secret Service (USSS). In this role, he is responsible for the oversight, administration, policies, and forecasting of required training and professional development for all Secret Service personnel.

Mr. Ornato has nearly three decades of operational security and law enforcement experience, ranging from senior leadership roles in the Executive Branch to serving as a police officer in Waterbury, CT. He has served in a variety of roles within the United States Secret Service since joining in 1997, including the Presidential Protective Division, Protective Operations, Criminal Investigations, and as a Special Agent.

Prior to joining the Office of Training, he served as an Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations at the White House, where he was detailed from the Secret Service. During his tenure, he was responsible for all aspects of security, travel, information technology, military operations, scheduling and operational logistics required in support of the President. Additionally, he managed an unclassified budget of approximately $800 million and led more than 5,000 personnel who provided management and administration services, personnel and human resources, financial oversight, medical support, and the Residence staff who support both the president and the Executive Office of the President complex. In addition, Mr. Ornato oversaw several offices within the White House, to include the Presidential Airlift Group (Air Force One); the Presidential Marine Helicopter Squadron (Marine One); Camp David; the White House Communications Agency; and Presidential Continuity Policy, Plans and Requirements.

Before joining the White House in 2019, he served as the Deputy Assistant Director of the Office of Investigations, where he was responsible for all policies, strategy, training, and investigative implementation at the National Computer Forensics Institute. Previously, he served in the Presidential Protective Division (PPD) during the George W. Bush, Barack Obama and Donald J. Trump administrations. In his role as Special Agent in Charge, Mr. Ornato directed all PPD operational strategies, protocols, planning and methodology for all aspects of protective requirements for the President and First Family. Prior to assuming the office, Mr. Ornato served as the Deputy Special Agent in Charge of PPD, supervising the White House Security Branch which included physical protection of all events on the White House Complex. Throughout his career in the Secret Service, Mr. Ornato has also held several leadership roles, including the New York Field Office, where he was responsible for all aspects protective operations, including the U.N. General Assembly for three consecutive years.

He earned a B.S. in criminal justice and an M.S. in forensic science, both from the University of New Haven, as well as a Master of Liberal Studies in Administrative Leadership from the University of Oklahoma. Additionally, Mr. Ornato holds a certificate in Executive Leadership from American University and completed professional development from the Harvard Kennedy School relating to General & Flag Officers Homeland Security Crisis Leadership. In 2021, he was awarded the Department of Defense Medal for Distinguished Public Service.
:roll: Another diversion attempt. Big shite, a good previous history. Michael Flynn once had a terrific resume. So too Rudy.

Got $3? I need a cup of coffee.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:25 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:08 am The Fanlax FLP call the guy below ‘MAGA Tony’ and ‘political. Skipping past the obvious that Ornato has literally put his life on the line nearly every day for multiple presidents including Obama (interesting choice for a MAGA guy), while the FLP ummmmmmm haven’t, please look at his resume and be the judge:

Anthony M. Ornato,
Office of Training

:roll: Another diversion attempt. Big shite, a good previous history. Michael Flynn once had a terrific resume. So too Rudy.

Got $3? I need a cup of coffee.

$3 for coffee. Sounds like inflation.

Meanwhile, Ornato hasn’t been written up for so much as a fa@t, but Democrats gonna Democrat, I guess. Slime him even though he’s never said anything really to anyone, just quietly did his job. And for those who might question if a secret service officer could ever grow close to a protectee, that should be obvious. Of course.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"Everybody is saying it"

"Lots of pipple believe it"

"Everybody KNOWS it's a ______"

"Some pipple i know are saying"

Lots of pipple are asking me!"

"They're ALL saying it"

Sound familiar, RANDY?? That guy, the one who's policies you love, uses the device almost daily. You can't be serious with the nonsense you're spouting about "hearsay" at this point.

ZERO cred in most political stuff you utter. Stick to flying...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
ggait

Post by ggait »

Meanwhile, Ornato hasn’t been written up for so much as a fa@t, but Democrats gonna Democrat, I guess. Slime him even though he’s never said anything really to anyone, just quietly did his job. And for those who might question if a secret service officer could ever grow close to a protectee, that should be obvious. Of course.
Bull shirt.

Ornato can like whoever he wants.

He broke a fundamental norm by accepting a POLITICAL appointment from Trump. Not illegal, but sketchy and unethical.

So he earned his current banishment from the White House.

Simple as that.

Just like how there are rules against current military (which like the SS is supposed to be non-partisan) officers accepting political appointments.

A retired flag officer, for example, can't be SecDef until out of the service for 7 years (absent a Congressional waiver). Very sound reasons for that.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Colin Powell was National Security Advisor while still in uniform.
Alexander Haig was WH COS while still on active duty for 2 Presidents.
Equating SecDef to a Deputy White House Chief of Staff is ridiculous.

Is Ornato back in the Secret Service, in an equal or higher position ?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:05 pm Colin Powell was National Security Advisor while still in uniform.

Ornato can publicly testify under oath and clear this all up. While he's there, maybe they can also ask him about the Pence situation on January 6 and explain what the Pence staff said to the committee about their experience with SS at that time.

BTW, other WH staff now coming out with similar stories about him being less than truthful in other situations including Lafayette Square debacle.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:13 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:05 pm Colin Powell was National Security Advisor while still in uniform.

Ornato can publicly testify under oath and clear this all up. While he's there, maybe they can also ask him about the Pence situation on January 6 and explain what the Pence staff said to the committee about their experience with SS at that time.

BTW, other WH staff now coming out with similar stories about him being less than truthful in other situations including Lafayette Square debacle.
The committee needs to invite him to testify. Did they ? Why does he need to tell the committee what the Pence staff told the committee ?
Last edited by old salt on Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”