Coaching Carousal

D2 Mens Lacrosse
vburk6

Re: Coaching Carousal

Post by vburk6 »

River Donkey wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:36 pm
Warrior62 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:55 pm They have bungled this w their last 3 hires. No reason to think they will do the right thing and hire a qualified guy.
Get rid of the AD should be first step.
I agree think this falls on the AD/ Administration, the last hire before Covid was hated by the players and had no experience. Herring was telling me (when he recruited me last summer) all but 4 kids quit so they had to shut down the program obviously. Herring was a great hire with no support from the AD or Administration. He was a guy who loved Young Harris and wanted to be there. Tough to see them mess this one up.
Doxology

Post by Doxology »

On the D1 thread it appears Jordan Levine is moving on to LIU.

So add Mercy to the list.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Crickets from the FIT crowd, so I guess everything is ok in their world... seems weird after all the noise that was made after Penn was fired. Hopefully, things work out. Who takes the Mercy Job?
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

FIT Drops 5 Sports - 31 men 9 women are affected;

"This is not a cost-cutting measure but rather a strategic decision to deliberately increase our competitiveness within our Sunshine State Conference," said Jamie Joss, Director of Athletics. "Currently, with 17 sponsored varsity sports, our resources are simply spread too thin to adequately support each at a competitive level. Our Athletic Department is committed to leading the conference in scholar-athlete academic success while also fielding highly competitive athletic programs that bring pride to the university. This realignment will empower our core 11 conference sports with the increased resources and focus required to better achieve this vision."

Men's basketball not good in conference
Women's basket not good in conference or overall
Women's Volleyball not good in conference or overall

Men's and Women's lacrosse seem to have successful programs but will they...... as the AD says, redistribute the moneys into the other program. Current players and/or recruits should think seriously about these Red Flags. Grim Reaper in the house.

Any thoughts on what's going on ? Let's see what these strategic decisions really do. Go Rollins
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

LacrosseFan33 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:12 pm Caldwell hires Lopes

https://caldwellathletics.com/news/2022 ... ogram.aspx
Don’t know much about him. Was an assistant at Kean in NJ then an assistant for NJIT - local guy (glen ridge) which is right down the road (literally) from Caldwell. From what I know about Caldwell, isn’t the best of situations. No real facilities for athletics. Tough spot, wish him the best!
laxxer27

Post by laxxer27 »

AIC should be making an announcement at some point. coach from Lewis university was on campus last week and rumored to be the hire.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

I have a hard time seeing how that would make any sense, but if anyone's close to the situation, I'm all ears.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

I’m assuming he is referring to the assistant from Lewis.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Does that make any more sense?
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Appears to be a done deal.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

Good luck.. AIC has 16 openings in their Athletic Department! Not a good situation.
laxxer27

Post by laxxer27 »

no its not an ideal situation. i also heard they have restructured the pay scale across the board for the assistant coaches with mens lax being one of them that is affected. i thought Coach Robbins did what he could with what he had. They went from having 10-12 players to 18-20 in just a few years. Not sure what the administration thinks they are going to accomplish here.
vburk6

Post by vburk6 »

laxxer27 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:32 am AIC should be making an announcement at some point. coach from Lewis university was on campus last week and rumored to be the hire.
Jack Spallone former Lewis Assistant coach is now listed as the head coach on AIC website.
jakester

Post by jakester »

vburk6 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:59 pm
laxxer27 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:32 am AIC should be making an announcement at some point. coach from Lewis university was on campus last week and rumored to be the hire.
Jack Spallone former Lewis Assistant coach is now listed as the head coach on AIC website.
No announcement from the school? Only his name being posted? (https://aicyellowjackets.com/sports/hiring_head_mlax)

Not a good look for this school or program.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

vburk6 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:59 pm

Glad he got to get back east.

Good luck Coach, no where to go but up!
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
vburk6

Post by vburk6 »

I’m not sure if this spot was mentioned as being open but Shorter University has found their guy… dying program only 19 guys listed on the 2022 roster and 3-14 record last year and 7-70 since 2017 and haven’t had a winning season since the second year of the program in 2015. Had to dig in the comments a little bit for him to say where he’s going but Shorter has their guy.

https://twitter.com/jvance32/status/154 ... zfkMlWw5zw
LaxCoach1952

Post by LaxCoach1952 »

vburk6 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:18 pm I’m not sure if this spot was mentioned as being open but Shorter University has found their guy… dying program only 19 guys listed on the 2022 roster and 3-14 record last year and 7-70 since 2017 and haven’t had a winning season since the second year of the program in 2015. Had to dig in the comments a little bit for him to say where he’s going but Shorter has their guy.

https://twitter.com/jvance32/status/154 ... zfkMlWw5zw
Well thats not going to end well. A lot of former Shorter players out there coaching and none of them wanted to even apply....that tells you all you need to know about that situation.
eclax42

Post by eclax42 »

Hearing the whole Catawba staff resigned. Big openings if true.
smoova

Post by smoova »

Hearing that Vince Smith has resigned at Colorado Mesa.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”