Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
kramerica.inc

Re: Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

Post by kramerica.inc »

Just a reminder to members- Do something outside. It's good for you!
It's getting warm. I grabbed a beverage and strolled around our house watering the garden and potted items yesterday evening. Amazing the calm and reflection you can get in a garden. I'm heading fishing later this week. Looking forward to some unplugged quiet.
Enjoy everyone!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... spent Saturday, Sunday and Monday gardening (spreading mulch, repairing kids old jungle gym for my granddaughter, planting a new garden)

Get ready to go outside and continue with the mulching.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:40 am Just a reminder to members- Do something outside. It's good for you!
It's getting warm. I grabbed a beverage and strolled around our house watering the garden and potted items yesterday evening. Amazing the calm and reflection you can get in a garden. I'm heading fishing later this week. Looking forward to some unplugged quiet.
Enjoy everyone!
Thanks for the reminder, and right back 'atcha. Spent Friday and Saturday working (at my boss's direction!) in the garden and walking the dog around town and at the ocean. The outdoors is the medicine we all need.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:40 am Just a reminder to members- Do something outside. It's good for you!
Enjoy everyone!
+1 my garden and my flower beds are amazing therapy. My day lilies are all starting to bloom right now. I planted sunflowers next to the garden. They are almost a foot tall already. There is a sense of peace and tranquility you get watching your garden grow. The local bird population are eyeballing these sunflowers hugely. I have the first beefsteak tomatoes making their appearance. I can taste that first BLT already.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Elon Musk is such a loser.

Post by jhu72 »

Last week Musk's daughter petitioned the court for a name change, changing her last name from Musk to Wilson. Musk’s 18-year-old trans daughter expressed the desire to no longer be related to her father “in any way, shape or form.” Must be a nice guy when his child want's nothing to do with him or his billions of dollars.
Peter Brown

Re: Elon Musk is such a loser.

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:16 am Last week Musk's daughter petitioned the court for a name change, changing her last name from Musk to Wilson. Musk’s 18-year-old trans daughter expressed the desire to no longer be related to her father “in any way, shape or form.” Must be a nice guy when his child want's nothing to do with him or his billions of dollars.

Sounds like you know the Musk family situation intimately. And of course these family cases are always perfectly symmetrical with no nuance and no externalities. :roll: :roll:

The best news is if someone in the story is someone you already hate (even though you don’t know him nor will ever meet him), you can come on a public message board and blame that guy entirely!!! There’s no need to lay back and wait for deeper definitions. Just let it rip.

:roll:

Please tell us more.

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:59 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:16 am Last week Musk's daughter petitioned the court for a name change, changing her last name from Musk to Wilson. Musk’s 18-year-old trans daughter expressed the desire to no longer be related to her father “in any way, shape or form.” Must be a nice guy when his child want's nothing to do with him or his billions of dollars.

Sounds like you know the Musk family situation intimately. And of course these family cases are always perfectly symmetrical with no nuance and no externalities. :roll: :roll:

The best news is if someone in the story is someone you already hate (even though you don’t know him nor will ever meet him), you can come on a public message board and blame that guy entirely!!! There’s no need to lay back and wait for deeper definitions. Just let it rip.

Please tell us more.

... his daughter wants nothing to do with him -- from her own court testimony (petition). You can't spin it away toddler. :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Struck me the same way, eschewing billions of dollars, must be very, very angry at her father.
Other response was that this is a really sad situation.
It's likely complex, but surely sad.

Of course Petey rushes to Musk's defense with a mish-mash of "squirrelisms"
"perfectly symmetrical" and "externalities" and "deeper definitions"... :roll:

Clearly the child and father have a serious problem with one another...so, I'd start with what are Musk's views on LGBTQ rights?

So I used the googler...

First four that came up:
https://fortune.com/2022/06/02/elon-mus ... l-choices/

https://electrek.co/2022/06/20/tesla-la ... ind-virus/

https://jalopnik.com/elon-musk-celebrat ... 1849002600

https://www.newsweek.com/elon-musk-tran ... er-1717486

Reading these, it appears pretty clear that Musk thinks that gender identity and sexual orientation is merely a "personal choice" and, further, he has mocked people who make clear what their own preference for personal pronouns are and he wants social media to allow harassment (eg his mocking and much worse) as simply 'free speech'...so, yeah, I can at least imagine why his trans daughter would be PO'd at her dad. And given his own challenges in controlling his impulses, he may well have said very hurtful things to her directly.

Giving up billions, I'd need to be very, very angry...

Hope they can find a way to heal over time.
Lots of families go through this sort of thing and come out better on the other end.
But some real pain along the way. Cheneys are a good example.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Given her story, I'm sure she has a lot on her plate, psychologically...
Much like the Cheneys.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:40 am

Please tell us more.

... his daughter wants nothing to do with him -- from her own court testimony (petition). You can't spin it away toddler. :roll:

(wrong thread post from me)
Last edited by Peter Brown on Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:56 am Given her story, I'm sure she has a lot on her plate, psychologically...
Much like the Cheneys.
Yes; ton of hate out there for trans.
Support has been growing though.
Families struggling.

Mary appears to be a pretty darn happy gal today, good marriage, two kids, sister and she have reconciled after Liz admitted to her that she'd been wrong, parents supportive and loving of all their kids and grandkids.

But undoubtedly some real pain along the way.
Life can be a tough journey; tougher still if you are deemed by many to be outside of "normal".
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:53 am
Struck me the same way, eschewing billions of dollars, must be very, very angry at her father.

Clearly the child and father have a serious problem with one another...so, I'd start with what are Musk's views on LGBTQ rights?

So I used the googler...

First four that came up:

Reading these, it appears pretty clear that Musk thinks that gender identity and sexual orientation is merely a "personal choice" and, further, he has mocked people who make clear what their own preference for personal pronouns are and he wants social media to allow harassment (eg his mocking and much worse) as simply 'free speech'...so, yeah, I can at least imagine why his trans daughter would be PO'd at her dad. And given his own challenges in controlling his impulses, he may well have said very hurtful things to her directly.

Lots of families go through this sort of thing and come out better on the other end.

Jeebus. Did you forget to speculate if he kicks the dog, too?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:41 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:40 am

Please tell us more.

Those ‘some folks’ are her family. Who she loves.

I wonder how many *black* sons-in-law and grandchildren the Fanlax FLP have, collectively?
wrong thread, Petey...spew this one elsewhere.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:43 am

So I used the googler...

First four that came up:

He's recently been open about his impulse control.
And we've all witnessed him doing so.
He says he's on the spectrum, and that certainly makes sense.
This ain't a big leap to "imagine" that he said something hurtful directly to her, given how angry she appears to be with her father.

But note that impulse control doesn't mean one can't realize they've been wrong and hurtful, and to seek reconciliation.

Hope that eventually happens...as I said, this is sad.

Of course, it may be that he's never said anything transphobic to her...while saying such publicly...whaddya think the chance is that they've never discussed it? :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:48 am

So I used the googler...

First four that came up:

This ain't a big leap to "imagine" that he said something hurtful directly to her, given how angry she appears to be with her father.

But note that impulse control doesn't mean one can't realize they've been wrong and hurtful, and to seek reconciliation.

Of course, it may be that he's never said anything transphobic to her...while saying such publicly...whaddya think the chance is that they've never discussed it? :roll:

What do you think the chance is I don’t give af? Cause it’s at, near, or above 100%. It should be for you too, but politics is a cancer and you’re regrettably unable to refrain from commenting on a person whom you’re evidently jealous of, despise because he’s fond of civil dialogue, and isn’t pathetically woke.

I don’t speculate on the private life of non-politicians. For politicians, they’re fair game if they’ve made their life on the dishonesty of saying one thing and doing another. Think: Bob Menendez, Charlie Crist, Anthony Weiner, Andrew Gillum. Those sorts.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:11 pm

So I used the googler...

First four that came up:

What do you think the chance is I don’t give af? Cause it’s at, near, or above 100%. It should be for you too, but politics is a cancer and you’re regrettably unable to refrain from commenting on a person whom you’re evidently jealous of, despise because he’s fond of civil dialogue, and isn’t pathetically woke.

I don’t speculate on the private life of non-politicians. For politicians, they’re fair game if they’ve made their life on the dishonesty of saying one thing and doing another. Think: Bob Menendez, Charlie Crist, Anthony Weiner, Andrew Gillum. Those sorts.
:lol: :roll:
You constantly speculate, constantly disparage. And, yes, constantly lie.

Re Musk, he's a public figure because he's insisted on having a high profile and engaging specifically on politics and public affairs. He's built, on purpose, an enormous public audience.

On this specific issue, Musk has chosen to tweet to that audience various political views, including his tweets which many consider to be transphobic. He has also said ('threatened' from the perspective of many) that if/when he gains control of Twitter he will allow posts that some believe are harassing and damaging in the LGBTQ arena.

His daughter has denounced him, separating from him, due to these public issues apparently...yeah, I'd think they likely spoke about it once or more times along the way.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:56 pm

So I used the googler...

First four that came up:

Re Musk, he's a public figure because he's insisted on having a high profile and engaging specifically on politics and public affairs. He's built, on purpose, an enormous public audience.

On this specific issue, Musk has chosen to tweet to that audience various political views, including his tweets which many consider to be transphobic. He has also said ('threatened' from the perspective of many) that if/when he gains control of Twitter he will allow posts that some believe are harassing and damaging in the LGBTQ arena.

His daughter has denounced him, separating from him, due to these public issues apparently...yeah, I'd think they likely spoke about it once or more times along the way.

You should keep speculating on another family’s private life; just assume the worst about a person you’ve never met, a person you have a intensely palpable hatred of because he likes open speech and not whatever it is you like, which is like the opposite of open speech.

Yeah, commenting on the sensitive private matters of other families is a really *great* look. :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:30 pm

So I used the googler...

First four that came up:

You should keep speculating on another family’s private life; just assume the worst about a person you’ve never met, a person you have a intensely palpable hatred of because he likes open speech and not whatever it is you like, which is like the opposite of open speech.

Yeah, commenting on the sensitive private matters of other families is a really *great* look. :roll: :roll:
I don't give a hoot about what you think is a "great look", troll.
They both took this issue public.

You are lying and misrepresenting me again above.
I have no such hatred of Musk. None. Merely disagreement.
Significant disagreement, though, else it wouldn't have my attention.

Why you feel such need to misrepresent and lie is beyond me...is it because you can't make a cogent argument without such?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:42 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:30 pm

So I used the googler...

First four that came up:

I don't give a hoot about what you think is a "great look", troll.
They both took this issue public.

You are lying and misrepresenting me again above.
I have no such hatred of Musk. None. Merely disagreement.
Significant disagreement, though, else it wouldn't have my attention.

Why you feel such need to misrepresent and lie is beyond me...is it because you can't make a cogent argument without such?

Elon Musk has never commented on his child’s issue. In fact, he hasn’t tweeted since this news broke.

The question I have is, do you guys ever get anything right? Like ever?

Return to “POLITICS”