Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by youthathletics »

Series question, do you honestly believe he would have even gotten enough votes with the majority? Many of the entrenched old timers were playing the two-faces smile while stabbing you in the back. Hell, you see what McCain did to him. Playing the blame game gets us no where.

The intent of my post was to simply document with CBP facts.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:51 pm Playing the blame game gets us no where.
Blame game?

You mean: holding our leaders accountable for actually getting something done?

He had Republican control of Congress, and two years. How did they pass the tax cuts? Or the three spending bills? Or the prison reform bill?

They actually wanted to pass the bills, that's how. So yes, if Trump had said to Congress: i'm not signing a thing until we get immigration reform worked, out, boom, we'd have a bill. The templates are all there. Hell, old salt has detailed a few of them.

But as I keep saying, neither the R's nor the D's, nor Trump wanted to fix the system. So that's precisely what happened. And, as usual, the 1% wins by doing nothing.

And Trump goes right back to blaming the Dems....who weren't in the way of doodly.....for "open borders'.

Are you really so naive to think that this is an "accident"? "Whoops....hey how about that, now that the Dems are here, I have someone to blame for not getting this done".
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:18 pm So yes, if Trump had said to Congress: i'm not signing a thing until we get immigration reform worked, out, boom, we'd have a bill. The templates are all there. Hell, old salt has detailed a few of them.
I am not arguing the political tactics piece....that is a given. Even when we had the majority there were R's not willing to vote his way, as I noted below. You make it sound like it was etched in stone that everyone was in lock step....it was not.

No I am not naive, I am just a results driven person. I fix things when they are broken, I am paid to solve problems every day of my adult life. All the political noise of TAATS frustrates me to no end.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

Same here!

I told you what our country needs to do, and as much as many seem to hate AOC, she's doing it right: She's calling out her own party for not being liberals, and for not working for the average America.

You talked about the blame game: what good does it do when Maddow calls out Trump?

None.

Now how about Hannity? Or the Republican voters, who keep setting records for Trump approval?

Until this changes, we're stuck.

So in our current context, Republican voters didn't hold Trump accountable for sealing the border, and fixing immigration. Result? Nothing got done. They gave their own party a pass, and spend 100% of their energy "blaming the Dems". It's pointless.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:49 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:18 pm So yes, if Trump had said to Congress: i'm not signing a thing until we get immigration reform worked, out, boom, we'd have a bill. The templates are all there. Hell, old salt has detailed a few of them.
I am not arguing the political tactics piece....that is a given. Even when we had the majority there were R's not willing to vote his way, as I noted below. You make it sound like it was etched in stone that everyone was in lock step....it was not.

No I am not naive, I am just a results driven person. I fix things when they are broken, I am paid to solve problems every day of my adult life. All the political noise of TAATS frustrates me to no end.
So, 'results driven person', hold Trump and the GOP following him accountable.

As a guy who fixes things, you know that you sometimes have to remember to not let the perfect be the enemy of the good enough. If you don't have every tool, part, whatever at your disposal, but can kluge together an adequate solution until you do, you don't just leave the machine broken.

I've got a bunch old HVAC equipment on the aging tar roof of our multi-tenant building. The tenants are responsible financially for the upkeep and ultimate replacement of the equipment and roof. I could make the call on my own to replace the whole kit and kaboodle. But hitting them with full replacement cost would be difficult for them, so we've agreed to nurse the systems along for more years. Same for the roof, nursing it along. When I get the call that there's a roof leak or an issue with the equipment, do we get it fixed immediately or do we say, hey, we need to replace everything all at once? We fix it. And each year we do an analysis of the pros and cons of further extension, the ROI of different decisions. Meanwhile, we've been accruing a fat balance in the landlord's account that could finance the upgrades without needing to borrow (no mortgage now on the Bldg).

In the political world, if you can't persuade your own team to support your preferred plan A, you need to compromise to get something done under Plan B. Plan B is going to be a lot closer to Plan A than when you lose control because voters turn on you.

Trump blew it. He had $25 billion on the table from the Dems and then gave them the finger.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

CU88 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:06 pm Money for the Emergency Wall is better than this need?

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2019 ... es/155863/
According to reports, Tyndall has 4500 Air Force employees, with a payroll of $276 million. (not including the $100 million for civilians) That is an average of $61,000 per person. The numbers just don't add up. A 6 year, E-5 Staff sergeant makes on $36,000 a year. A 6 year Captain (most of the pilots) makes $71, 000. What is the ratio of enlisted to officers for the airforce, because the average of these 6 year AF folks isn't $61K

Air Force wants to move F-35's to Tyndall, shipping the Raptors elsewhere. The rebuilding costs may reflect that.

Why do we need a base in Florida at all?
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
a fan

Post by a fan »

Love hearing Trump explain how bad our immigration system is....lashing out at immigration courts, drugs etc.

Hey!! I just got a swell idea!! Trump should run for President!! That way, he can get in, and fix this problem.

What do you think, guys? Isn't that a great idea?!?!

$1000 says FoxNation is watching this, and viewers are fundamentally incapable of understanding that this is Trump's and Congressional R's immigration system.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

What level constitutes an emergency?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... -emergency
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Listen to the people in the trenches. https://twitter.com/VeteranTinoco/statu ... 2160459777
~Livy

old salt

Post by old salt »

EZ solution -- let everyone in, give them a court date, put 'em on a bus to Pelosi's district, to be released there, to return for their court date.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:56 am Listen to the people in the trenches. https://twitter.com/VeteranTinoco/statu ... 2160459777
Stooges.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:19 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:56 am Listen to the people in the trenches. https://twitter.com/VeteranTinoco/statu ... 2160459777
Stooges.
Just like most of us on here. :lol:
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

He's right. No one here can explain why Trump didn't declare an emergency or get his wall funding for two years.

Obviously, he didn't want to do it. What he wanted was a fight, and to continue the "the libs are to blame for all your ills" cr*p....and here are reasonable posters, citing Dems as being in the way....just like Trump wanted.

He won. And guess what? The problem ain't fixed. So Trump gets to keep the status quo, and you guys are goofy enough to blame Pelosi for it.

Either Trump is really good, or.......
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

.... or, as I’ve suggested in the past, neither side wants to “really” put there neck on the line and come to the relaxation that it really solves anything or very little.
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:18 pm .... or, as I’ve suggested in the past, neither side wants to “really” put there neck on the line and come to the relaxation that it really solves anything or very little.
I think you have a good thought in the post above, just not sure from your words...probably auto-correct not you...

a fan is correct, Trump doesn't actually want to solve this issue, he just wants it to look like he's doing so...prefrably as brutally as he can. Not because success is the end game, but because the fear of the 'invaders' works with his base. Tough guy.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Yes. It's both.

But Trump ran on this stuff, had total control of Congress, passed three massive spending bills----and didn't build his wall with that money.

There it is. Cut and dry. And that's before even thinking about immigration reform.

And are Republican voters holding him accountable for not doing his job? Hell no. Did these voters conclude---"well hell, it looks like Trump wants open borders after all?" Hell no.

Instead? They're straight up livid, and pointing fingers at everyone but Trump, just as we've done as a nation for about 20 years. And the 1%er LOVE that voters do this. I don't get it, and I never will.
old salt

Post by old salt »

OK critics. What's your solution to stem the flow of Northern Triangle migrants ?

Just let them stream into the US, roam free via catch & release, until we dump enough cash on the corrupt leaders of their countries, in the naive hope that things will improve enough in their home countries that they won't want to come to the US. That will never happen.

How long does this continue ? So long as we have catch & release, what's the motivation to stop ? How many millions more can we absorb ?

They're passing up asylum in Mexico. It they were legit asylum seekers, they'd accept asylum in Mexico.
They're economic migrants, coming to join friends & family already here, so they can send back remittances for more family members to follow.
How & when does it stop ?

Is this our immigration policy ? Just admit anyone who can make it to our border to tell a tale of credible fear, then just disappear into our undocumented population of millions ?

Lots of criticisms. No solutions. This is the same problem Obama encountered late in his term, which he could not correct. It's just grown as our economy has improved & the pull factor has increased.

Should not have to wait for comprehensive reform. Close the asylum loopholes & reduce the pull factor.
Then when the flow is stemmed, see how much border security we really need & rationalize the process to legitimize those already here.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:18 am OK critics. What's your solution to stem the flow of Northern Triangle migrants ?

Just let them stream into the US, roam free via catch & release, until we dump enough cash on the corrupt leaders of their countries, in the naive hope that things will improve enough in their home countries that they won't want to come to the US. That will never happen.

How long does this continue ? So long as we have catch & release, what's the motivation to stop ? How many millions more can we absorb ?

They're passing up asylum in Mexico. It they were legit asylum seekers, they'd accept asylum in Mexico.
They're economic migrants, coming to join friends & family already here, so they can send back remittances for more family members to follow.

Is this our immigration policy ? Just admit anyone who can make it to our border to tell a tale of credible fear, then just disappear into our undocumented population of millions ?

Lots of criticisms. No solutions. This is the same problem Obama encountered late in his term, which he could not correct. It's just grown as our economy has improved & the pull factor has increased.

Should not have to wait for comprehensive reform. Close the asylum loopholes & reduce the pull factor.
Then when the flow is stemmed, see how much border security we really need & rationalize the process to legitimize those already here.
Follow the law until new laws are passed. Until then, follow the law.
“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:18 am OK critics. What's your solution to stem the flow of Northern Triangle migrants ?

There is no emergency or crisis. o d has spewed hate and fear and will now "solve" the problem. Just like he will do on the trade/tarrif "crisis". The r's will eat it up, being clueless deplorables. Imagine a guy who sets fire to an orphanage and then wants to be the hero for calling the fire department...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

old salt wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:43 pm EZ solution -- let everyone in, give them a court date, put 'em on a bus to Pelosi's district, to be released there, to return for their court date.
Wrong. Transport ALL of them to Washington, DC. Set up shelters up N down the mall and Rock Creek Park, especially the horsey barns.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “POLITICS”