SCOTUS

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: SCOTUS

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Some rare good news, with Thomas filling his role as Culture Warrior in Chief.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/27/politics ... index.html
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:39 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:35 am
Any comment from Petey? Or OS, or any of the numerous posters I'm thinking of just now?
That’s the good kind of indoctrination.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:37 am The latter part of your argument I am in agreement with, on premise...which is another topic for discussion. I did get beat up pretty bad on these threads when arguing my case after Texas changed course. In short, my entire stance was about 'accountability' and knowing that a having an abortion his limitation, may very well make the two parties strongly consider their behavior. Much like real life, there are consequences to your actions....and the idea, is that the looming penalty of a poor choice makes you reconsider the choice.
Forgot to say that I appreciate that you get this part. Men should surrender their rights, too. Make it fair, because it takes two to tango.
Typical Lax Dad

Clarence is basically Stephen.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Any comment from Petey? Or OS, or any of the numerous posters I'm thinking of just now?

This decision was correct, and I’m pretty militant about church-state separation. This wasn’t coercive.

Coach Kennedy won on free exercise and free speech grounds. One man kneeling alone does not establish a government church.

Coach Kennedy literally told students who asked to join him, “This is a free country. You can do what you want.”

It is telling who disagrees, the 3 DNC-sponsored justice’s! Libs believe that a 30 second individual prayer after a high school football game constitutes the establishment of a state-sponsored church. :lol: :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:09 pm
This decision was correct, and I’m pretty militant about church-state separation. This wasn’t coercive.
:lol: So TLD was right. A few weeks ago, you were telling us that the government employees shouldn't indoctrinate our kids in schools.

Turns out? You're 100% fine with government employees indoctrinating children.

:lol: Outstanding, Pete. Every time you set the bar for hypocrisy...you clear that next bar. What determination! Way to stretch yourself, Pete!!
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:09 pm Coach Kennedy literally told students who asked to join him, “This is a free country. You can do what you want.”
:lol: So coaches and teachers can teach kids about gender so long as they say "this is a free country, you can do what you want" first, Pete?

Where do you come up with this stuff?

Oh, right....that half-a**sed government education that you're always complaining about. Right. I forgot.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Coach Kennedy won on free exercise and free speech grounds. One man kneeling alone does not establish a government church.

Coach Kennedy literally told students who asked to join him, “This is a free country. You can do what you want.”

It is telling who disagrees, the 3 DNC-sponsored justice’s! Libs believe that a 30 second individual prayer after a high school football game constitutes the establishment of a state-sponsored church. :lol: :lol:
Except he wasn't "kneeling alone." Sotomayor included a picture for people like you. Jesus, what a maroon.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Since a fan cuts up posts to lose the dialogue to recast threads (a very dishonest practice btw), I’ll repost my previous post to keep things honest in replying to him.

If the football players were forced to pray at midfield, you’d have a point. They weren’t, and you don’t.

On the other hand, the very young children in school with gender queer theory instruction and drag Queen story hours are forced to participate. There’s no out. They are quite literally trapped inside a classroom and the LGBTQIA nonsense is an actual part of the curriculum.

:roll: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:29 pm

Except he wasn't "kneeling alone." Sotomayor included a picture for people like you. Jesus, what a maroon.

He was kneeling alone when he began. Others joined him in later games with zero coercion.

The justices got it right.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:32 pm

He was kneeling alone when he began. Others joined him in later games with zero coercion.

It appears that you didn't play sports in high school. Or you are just really this dumb. I'm going with the latter.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:31 pm Since a fan cuts up posts to lose the dialogue to recast threads (a very dishonest practice btw), I’ll repost my previous post to keep things honest in replying to him.

If the football players were forced to pray at midfield, you’d have a point. They weren’t, and you don’t.

On the other hand, the very young children in school with gender queer theory instruction and drag Queen story hours are forced to participate. There’s no out. They are quite literally trapped inside a classroom and the LGBTQIA nonsense is an actual part of the curriculum.

:lol: So now you're fine with government employees discussing gender theory so long as they tell the kids that it's optional to hear what they say?

:lol: You're LYING, Pete. You'd lose your mind if that happened. "Well, we told the children that they were welcome to leave". :lol: Right.

BTW, my obviously closeted friend.......the drag Queen story hours have happened at Libraries, not schools. And naturally, you told us that that was wrong, and shouldn't be allowed.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:37 pm

It appears that you didn't play sports in high school. Or you are just really this dumb. I'm going with the latter.
Moptiomal……
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:39 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:31 pm Since a fan cuts up posts to lose the dialogue to recast threads (a very dishonest practice btw), I’ll repost my previous post to keep things honest in replying to him.

:lol: So now you're fine with government employees discussing gender theory so long as they tell the kids that it's optional to hear what they say?

:lol: You're LYING, Pete. You'd lose your mind if that happened. "Well, we told the children that they were welcome to leave". :lol: Right.

BTW, my obviously closeted friend.......the drag Queen story hours have happened at Libraries, not schools. And naturally, you told us that that was wrong, and shouldn't be allowed.

Actually you’re wrong. Most of the complaints by parents have been precisely because there was no notification nor out.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

If it’s your contention that a player would feel obligated to participate in a prayer in order to get playing time, I’d actually point the finger at you as one who doesn’t understand sports. Leftists assume the world is a political ladder; it’s why they excel, for instance, at corporate backstabbing. Meritocracy is a Republican’s game. Good coaches don’t give a flying frig what your religion is; they’re interested in your forty yard time, conditioning, and strength.
Typical Lax Dad

Must be the Kentucky GOP convention

:lol: :lol:
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Bart wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:41 pm

Moptiomal……
Sorry Bart: what?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:48 pm

If it’s your contention that a player would feel obligated to participate in a prayer in order to get playing time, I’d actually point the finger at you as one who doesn’t understand sports. Leftists assume the world is a political ladder; it’s why they excel, for instance, at corporate backstabbing. Meritocracy is a Republican’s game. Good coaches don’t give a flying frig what your religion is; they’re interested in your forty yard time, conditioning, and strength.
So it's both: didn't play HS sports and you're dumb as a bag of hammers and not as useful? Just stop.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:40 pm Some rare good news, with Thomas filling his role as Culture Warrior in Chief.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/27/politics ... index.html
Seems like Clarence is willing to revisit any and all long since settled precedents.

We’ll except maybe Loving v. Virginia. 😉

Time for scotus term limits!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:42 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:39 pm

Actually you’re wrong. Most of the complaints by parents have been precisely because there was no notification nor out.
:lol: Libraries don't have doors? And what's the "out" at the Football game, Pete? If I'm a taxpayer, I have to sit there and watch prayer on my taxpayer field, by my employee that I'm paying to pray to kids.

But you don't care, because you approve of the indoctrination.

Return to “POLITICS”